Posted 2:00pm

Rods at the ready – Let’s Fish! Hooked On release date confirmed

LF_Logo_Characters_black

Anticipation is a great thing, and through design or necessity, we’ve kept you all on tenterhooks regarding the release date of the PS Vita‘s first full-scale fishing game. And so it is with a great sense of relief, and excitement, that we are finally able to announce today that Let’s Fish! Hooked On will be making a splash on PSN, for the PS Vita, on 30th January.

Combining realistic fishing action with fast arcade style game play using the PS Vita touchscreen, Let’s Fish! Hooked On comes with a full story mode and aims to make fishing fun for everyone. Choosing between four different anime-styled characters, each with their own story line and unique abilities, players are challenged to improve their skills by competing in a host of progressively difficult tournaments in their bid to win the World Tour.

Cutscene8 RodAction2Screen

The game, which has been developed by the team behind SEGA Bass Fishing and Ape Escape (PSP), is split into four different game modes, World Tour – with its character driven story line, Challenge – quick short-bursts of fishing action, Training – to help develop your skills, and Underwater Mode, which lets you view your prized catches, all of which are designed to make use of the PS Vita‘s fantastic features. There’s also online rankings and Trophies to collect, including the prestigious Platinum Trophy.

PSVita_RecordSize_500

Not content with posting just one piece of glorious news today, we decided we should share a new exclusive trailer with you. Well, we’re on a roll. So, take a closer look at our latest video that gives glimpses of one of the game’s more competitive characters, Kano, as she competes on the World Tour.

We hope you’ll enjoy this fun, quirky PS Vita game and are all set to tackle Let’s Fish! Hooked On when it launches on PSN on 30th January, priced £14.99/€19.99/AU$24.95.

Follow us on www.facebook.com/LetsFishGame and on Twitter @LetsFishGame for all the latest game announcements, competitions and videos.

Thanks for your support.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

Makes me very happy to see games from different genres on Vita. Hope it’ll be successful.

Any chance to see a discount for PS PLUS on release?

made me laugh again “Rod Action”

I can’t stand fishing in real life but oddly enough I quite enjoy it in the virtual sense (its in most JRPGS). I was kind of hoping it would be like Harvest Fishing but I quess the days of odd quirky games like that are over

I think the price you are asking for is a bit to much. Didn’t seem like it will have that much content from your last blog post.

lol ,not mi genre of game but why not if u like .

see more games coming to vita but stil missing mi genre ( new games )

3@ kivi95
total agry max 12 € = reason u have not big market on fish games in europe ( i tink )

supersmith2500 21 January, 2013 @ 2:21 pm   6

Completely forgotten about that game after it was announced. Should be a good game though.

What will the install size be? This is crucial to my purchasing decision.

Love fishing games instant buy for me thank you

AlucardDHK 21 January, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   9

I’m relieved, i was starting to think this game had dropped from existence.
Price is acceptable for a niche/budget title, day-one buy for me and i hope the sales are good, we need to encourage publishers to publish quirky/offbeat/obscure games in the EU (BTW, kudos for 505 Games and Ghostlight on that regard). Take a look at the list of US games released by XSeed that don’t make it to Europe.

I wish Namco/Bandai would learn a thing or two from this game. Seriously, 39,99€ for EDF? No buy for me, not even with the “replay levels at harder difficulty for better loot” gameplay (which i’m a sucker for).

IMO, this should be the prices for titles available in PSN:

New Vita games: no more than 29,99€.
New PSP games: no more than 19,99€
PS1 classics: no more than 4,99€

For physical versions, the price could be up to 10€ more. I know Sony can’t force prices on publishers and needs to please retailers, but a man can dream :).

Now, if only someone would make a Vita HD remake of Legend of the River King/Harvest Fishing games for the GB…

WAY too expensive for this kind of game. This isn’t going to sell well.

superpatchy66 21 January, 2013 @ 2:47 pm   11

I also think the game is priced too high. £9.99 would be better or even £7.99.

Although the game looks ok, I wonder about long term appeal.

AlucardDHK
total agry on part bringing more games that normaly are only to jappan ( rpg genre )
prices = very dificult
minis = 2-4 €
ps1/psp = 4-12 €
old games = 6 month = 35 € 12 month + longer = 19-25€
new games ps3 59€ max online rpg + online fps like bf ore cod
pay game pay dlc if u like ( but let peopel pick whath them like = cod i hate to pay zombie maps if i never play )

ps vita games 40 € max new
bring more games like farmvile – terraria – sim cyti – type of mh games – gta – some rpg like diablo

razordude 21 January, 2013 @ 3:00 pm   13

If this game was released on a tablet computer it would be £3.99 – absolute maximum.

To everyone complaining about the price, be happy.
In Japan this is a retail title and the cheapest I can find it is 3600 yen, which equates to 25 british pounds, 30 euros or 38 australian dollars. We’re getting a very good deal.

lol i read now
ni no kuni save bug !!! , some jounalist gamers =
Beware of this save-destroying bug in Ni no Kuni

January 20th, 2013 Posted in News, PS3
Posted By: Valay
Ni no Kuni has a rather inconvenient bug. At around 45 minutes into the game, players will encounter a wand quest. If you save/restore at the start of the quest, your file will be destroyed.

This isn’t an isolated bug, unfortunately. There are a few reports surfacing from press members with early copies noting the same problem. Hopefully Namco Bandai will issue a fix!

Ni no Kuni launches in North America this Tuesday. Be sure to keep this information in mind while playing.

VitalogyPJ 21 January, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   16

Wow €19,99? It’s a bit too much isn’t it?

I have no doubt that the game can be fun but lets be honest, this is also the kind of game that can get boring really quick, wether you like fishing or not. So I don’t think I’ll be spending €19,99 on a game that can quickly be put to a corner dusting.

Also, let me remind you, this is a digital release so another reason you’re asking a bit too much.

To me this seems to be a pretty funny game, might buy it.

@monoliet: can you stop spamming all your non sense here please, nobody understands what you are saying anyway. Thank you.

Brilliant! I’ve been looking forward to this for a while, spurred along by the enthusiasm of Wired Productions on their Facebook page. I’ll definitely be picking this up on the 30th.

And I’m pretty happy at the price, personally. Like RoboAddy says, it’s much cheaper than importing a physical Japanese copy. And since it’s digital I can leave it on my Vita to fish away any time I want to. ;)

StopBitz ( u hoort thuis bij het groepje arogante holanders – tja er zijn er ook gelukig vriendelijke waar ik veel respect voor heb )

not spamming
i am also not talking to u so keep u non sense to u self (also please tank u very match )

1= not mi type of game
2= i say ith = very dificult to put price on game but i tink to expensif to sel huge .
3= ni no kuni gets big save bug ( i hope them fix fast ) newt week lounch in benelux .

no edit buton
newt = next

xSpawN_StaffeY 21 January, 2013 @ 3:51 pm   21

it looks crap tbh

@RoboAddy
People didn’t complain that we’d pay too much in comparison to other regions, they simply consider the game generally overpriced. And I agree with them. Before I’d pick such a niche title for 20€, I’d much rather grab 4 Final Fantasy classics in the sale this week.

great news, and the price is not bad either considering its a big game with platinium, I will give it a try definetly if you release it in Norway, hopefully you are? been too many releases latly excluding lots of countries.. :(

luckysalt81 21 January, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   24

Looks like a dreamcast game which is no bad thing, but I agree its just too high a price, I’d love it to be a plus title down the line though

Turtleing 21 January, 2013 @ 4:59 pm   25

£15 for a crappy fishing game!?1!?!?!?!?

Don’t get me wrong it actually looks pretty fun for those who like fishing but £15!? How can amazing games like Everybodys Golf be £12 but this is 15? I probably wouldnt even pay £5 for this.

Vita games are too expensive.

SKIBADEE187 21 January, 2013 @ 7:54 pm   26

sounds great fun will be buying it.

@monoliet your becoming a pain on the PS Blog.

Keitaro004 21 January, 2013 @ 9:07 pm   27

Is this game censored in any way? I saw the japanese version was rated B (Age 12+ and up) because of sexual stuff or nudity. However, the european version we got was rated 3+…

infernalmonkey1 22 January, 2013 @ 12:34 am   28

Nice price, bit worried about the install space though. Really would have rathered a retail release, but I can understand the huge risks/costs involved with that. Might be a while before I purchase this, but thanks heaps for localising it! All the best.

(On the topic of obscure Japanese Vita games, it’d be awesome if someone were to localise @Field too!)

Any chance of a demo?

ROBERTWARNES 22 January, 2013 @ 4:14 am   30

Thank you Wired Productions for releasing this in the Australia and at a fair price that’s in line with other regions and less than the original Japanese retail price.

It’s good to see a publisher respecting Aussie gamers, after last week’s TERRIBLE update where XSEED gave us the shaft big time and Vblank Entertainment decided only to give us the Vita version and still had the nerve to charge us more than other regions. So thank you again Wired Production and I will definitely buy this game and give money to a publisher who actually supports Australia.

Aces73High 22 January, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   31

I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but I reckon this uber-cutesy fishing sim looks pretty cool – sorta like Everybody’s Golf, only fishing. I’m definitely considering this little puppy. Might wait on some reviews/impressions first though.