Posted 21 January

Sack it to Me: Garfield arrives in LittleBigPlanet

GarfieldPose_3 OdiePose_3

It’s Monday, and although our favourite feline is well-known for hating Mondays, hopefully this week he can make an exception since we are pleased to announce our brand new Garfield and Odie Minipack.

The Garfield and Odie Minipack will give Sackboy two brand new costumes for his LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita adventures, as well as providing him with a variety of stickers just perfect for creating your own Garfield comic book stories.

LittleBigPlanet 2: Mm picks
This week, our LittleBigPlanet 2: Mm Picks sees Sackboy becoming Outback Jack, as he takes off on a journey through the Australian Outback with some new platforming skills to help him survive. Meanwhile, in The Arena, Sackboy enters a first-person deathmatch arena that pits him against waves of mean robots that he will need to shoot to survive.

Finally, we finish the Mm Picks this week with Solitude in Silhouette, which sees Sackboy taking a scenic journey through some dark caves with fun gameplay and impressive visuals to behold throughout your journey.

The Adventures of Outback Jack

The Adventures of Outback Jack: Level 1

http://lbp.me/v/gyc1cd by http://lbp.me/u/Alley_Cat_8633

The Arena

THE ARENA by AngeloMattei

Solitude in Silhouette

Solitude in Silhouette ~ Just a Dream by Missi_Cat

LBPC Community Spotlight hits 100 episodes!
The LBPC Community Spotlight team hit an incredible milestone recently with their 100th Community Spotlight! Every two weeks the LBPC Community Spotlight team features their favourite levels from around the community, so be sure to check back with them regularly.

In the meantime though, check out their momentous 100th episode and the levels that they featured in this landmark episode.

LBPC Community Spotlight 100 Badge

LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 100!

http://lbp.me/v/hf899z by http://lbp.me/u/LBPCentralHub

LittleBigPlanet 2: Extras Edition
For those of you that caught our recent announcement of the LittleBigPlanet 2: Extras Edition containing LittleBigPlanet 2 and a whole host of bonus goodies including the LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack and the LittleBigPlanet Move Pack: Rise of the Cakeling, we’re pleased to announce that this new release will be available across Europe on 27th February and in the UK on 1st March, priced at €29.99/£19.99.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Extras Edition

If you haven’t already, be sure to check out our original announcement and take a look at all the bonus goodies that you will be receiving in the LittleBigPlanet 2: Extras Edition.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita internship finalists announced
A few months ago we started looking for a LittleBigPlanet intern who will be given the chance to join Tarsier Studios for one month and polish their mini-game. Last week we revealed the four finalists for this internship opportunity. Have you played the levels, yet? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

Fast_Food

Fast Food Frenzy By SeparateEntity

Flint

Flint (Puzzle Platform) By DaaMonkey

Legend

Legend of … Legend! By theplotlessplot

Meteor

Meteor By bat-19

The final decision is now in Tarsier’s hands who will judge them on gameplay, originality and commercial appeal. Good luck to all finalists!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

21 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

lol , nice kity
love cartoon from garfield when i was a child :)

Steven Isbell 21 January, 2013 @ 5:21 pm

Haha, yes.
    I remember spending a lot of time reading Garfield comics during long car journeys when I was younger. :)

Why are new costumes not being built at the same time for Karting? I know theirs a backlog of previous costumes but I’m curious as to why new costumes are not added at the same. I hate to rehash this question, but it would be nice to at least get the new costumes. It really feels Karting is being neglected. I’m sure behind the scenes it’s not, but perception is reality to most. Thanks!

Steven Isbell 21 January, 2013 @ 7:28 pm

LittleBigPlanet Karting is definitely not being neglected and our team of costume developers are working hard to bring LittleBigPlanet Karting bang up-to-date with the other two games.

Not only that, we also have our first batch of new Karts coming next month which will obviously be exclusive to LittleBigPlanet Karting! :)

We also have a batch of suitably themed Costumes coming at the same time as those Karts to ensure that Sackboy is properly kitted out for his new rides, these costumes will of course be cross-compatible across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting.

litterature 21 January, 2013 @ 5:25 pm   3

no LBP Dytnamic Theme for Europe ?

This DLC look so aww congrats ;)

Phantom_Blaze 21 January, 2013 @ 5:34 pm   4

What is up with you people?

America has got the LittleBigPlanet Calendar Theme, so why haven’t we?

Media Molecule, the game development studio who created LittleBigPlanet are based in Guildford, UNITED KINGDOM.

So, seeing as you are based in the UK, why is the UK getting LBP Extras edition after everyone else?
How come America got a better Little Big Planet 2 collectors edition than we did?
How come America has got the LBP Calendar Theme and we haven’t?
How come America got the LBP 2 Special Edition, and only now we are getting the LBP Extras edition, which by the way is worse than America’s Special Edition.

As you can probably tell, I am not impressed.

Carnivius_Prime 21 January, 2013 @ 6:10 pm   5

Hehe. I haven’t bought any costumes for a while (I was quite content with the ones I have including U3 SackDrake) but I loves classic Garfield so I’m having these.

Steven Isbell 21 January, 2013 @ 7:13 pm

Nathan Drake and Garfield…
    That’s certainly a new dynamic duo, if ever I’ve heard one.

AaronSOLDIER 21 January, 2013 @ 6:59 pm   6

@Steve wow you can read in the car? Wish I could

KEviN_smYTh1 21 January, 2013 @ 7:03 pm   7

Why hasn’t there been an update for the cross-controller dlc for PS3 and PSVITA what are you doing

Steven Isbell 21 January, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

We’re currently working on finalising the next Game Update, which should deal with the issues with the LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack.

We don’t have a date pinned down just yet but when it’s released, it should take care of the missing music, frozen heads and the Sackbot in Controllinator issues.

Garfield and Odie that’s a blast from 80′s past

so does this mean you can play as Garfield and just sit back while whoever is playing Odie does all the work? ^_^

Per costume reply, thanks Steven. Appreciate the update.

Phantom_Blaze 21 January, 2013 @ 7:59 pm   10

Could you answer when we are going to get the LittleBigPlanet Calendar Theme please?

mardrizzle 21 January, 2013 @ 8:07 pm   11

yay i love garfield i used to read the comics and watch the show such good memories i had because of garfield

cakito123 21 January, 2013 @ 8:20 pm   12

Steven, please, read this!
I bought the move pack few time ago but I can’t get all the prizes on the second level!
Just try to get all the prizes on the second level and you’ll see a bug. The sponge thingy was supposed to pop the prize/points but it doesn’t. I suck at english, so if you don’t understood, just try to get all prizes on the second level of the Move pack! ;P

the_hulk-ungrey 21 January, 2013 @ 8:39 pm   13

hi Sony :) i heard PS Vita Can Only Hold 100 Apps :( is there going to be soft ware update? :) i have at list 20 game and they more games coming foe 2013 :)

Keitaro004 21 January, 2013 @ 9:11 pm   14

Wow, Garfield, this is most certainly a treat for us LBP fans :O Now I can stop using my embarrasing bad, self-made costume which does not really look like Garfield or Odie at all. But please bring over Jon as well, he’s just as spectacular as the rest of the gang! :D

I haven’t bought a costme in a long while (besides the free ones, obviously), but this is a day 1 purchase for me! :)

A bit off topic, sorry! But did 3D from LBPK get removed permanently or is it coming at some point in an update patch/dlc? I’m sure it was touted before release for some time as having stereoscopic 3D support? :-S

Posted on the forums a while back but go no response and couldn’t find anything on the web!?

Shame we can. just remove the UK from the EU as easy as some companies game releases do.

Looks awesome…how many euros it costs?

im just saying my vita, i LOVED IT for about 2 weeks then i waited and waited for lbp vita and i thought finally some fun but no now all i see is P4P levels which are really annoying so as a thought i say we, and by we i mean all you at tarsier, we buy latin player ( very awesome creator in lbp 2) a vita with a free lbp vita game and i dont mean just him i mean a few people maybe a good 10 amazing creators that way we have levels that aren’t repeating like all the shark survival levels and some boring run and jumps but i dont know just a suggestion from a fan because at least 12 of my ps vita friends sold their lbp’s because they were boring and i couldn’t possibly do that to good ol’ lbp but im starting to think about it what do with this expensive paper weight (the game not my vita)

sporeboy100 23 January, 2013 @ 11:57 am   20

whens the next batch of LBP2 costumes coming to VITA?

mardrizzle 24 January, 2013 @ 11:05 pm   21

@gyfgamer latinplayer isn’t a good creator he copies levels whats good about that