Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 9:00am

Weekend Debate: Your proudest gaming achievement (update)

thin Blog-banner-weekend-debate

UPDATE: Thank you all very much for contributing again – as ever it made for very enjoyable reading over the weekend. Our winners this week: RatchetBoy10 (post 18), artopand (post 61), bluspykz (post 67), Menorkamer (post 119) and slyguy21 (post 121). Congratulations – we’ll send a PM to your account on the official forums to arrange delivery of your copy of Dead or Alive 5.

ORIGINAL POST: Under the not-entirely-unpleasant assumption that I’ll be snowed-in this weekend, you can expect to find me glued to the sofa slowly inching towards Far Cry 3′s Platinum trophy. I expect many of you who reside here in frigid Northern Europe may well be following my lead and be taking advantage of the inclement weather to do a little bit of trophy hunting.

So, with that in mind, your debate topic this week:

What is your proudest achievement in gaming?

This could of course mean the toughest trophy you’ve secured, but equally it could be something more abstract. Playing through the entire Final Fantasy series in one sitting, without pausing for a loo break, perhaps?

The five most entertaining or enlightening posts, as decided by our panel of judges, will win a copy of Team Ninja’s top-drawer beat ‘em up Dead or Alive 5 – to celebrate the impending PS Vita version, as revealed earlier this week. Good luck!

Dead or Alive 5+ for PS Vita

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

174 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

My proudest achievement in gaming would have to be the first time I made it into the Hall of Fame in Pokemon Blue.

Seeing my Pokemon standing either side of me in the Hall of Fame picture was a very swelling feeling for me as a child.

Second to that would be unlocking the tuxedo in Metal Gear Solid, I loved that game so much as a kid. Still do.

moriarty1975 18 January, 2013 @ 5:19 pm   2

What is your proudest achievement in gaming?

Well the most recent one was remembering to sign-in before the PSN maintenance started! ;)

MY proudest gaming achievements have been:

Getting all 6 Ratchet and Clank Platinum trophies.
Getting all 5 God of War Platinum trophies.
My Metal Gear Solid 2 Platinum.
Having a save file on my PS3 of a 100% Completed Final Fantasy VII & IX
My PS Account in General and of course my Vita and PS3!

almighty-slayer 18 January, 2013 @ 5:26 pm   4

I’m going to take that to mean trophies.

My single proudest trophy has to be the Mirror’s Edge platinum. It’s a tough one, but more than that, it’s one that requires you to know the game absolutely back to back. Some of those speedruns are glorious in that if you make a single mistake or fail to cut a single corner, you would have to start the entire run again. It took many practice runs, much deliberation of where to cut time, and many many fails, but when i finally got that trophy, it was amazing. Go me!

Also, i platinumed the entire Ratchet and Clank HD collection in less than 7 days. Although maybe that’s more “completely sad”. I played them a lot on PS2 so i already knew how and where to do everything. Managed the Ratchet and Clank 3 platinum in less than 2 days.

my achievement would have to be play metal gear solid bk on ps1. pkay all 3 versions Japanese. then us version the eu and everyone was didnt. Thats wen we played games for fun and not trophies. But trophies are brill as I played games I never would we all need trophies in our games just wished they do a patch for heavenly sword as that game is so amazing even now after 6 yrs. hope everyone has a great weekend

sorry I meant to say different not didnt. every mgs1 was different

Of all time? That’s easy, years ago I got myself a job working for Sega in their testing department, this was back in the days of the Dreamcast (I never owned one myself as I was a fan of a certain Sony Console at the time.)

It was our job to find bugs in games prior to their release so that they could be fixed before the final discs were pressed, I was given the task of playing the awful Ecco the Dolphin (I know some people like it, but I couldn’t stand it.) I consider it a service to my Country and to Gaming in general that I found a bug 2 days before the game was released which caused a delay on the UK launch of that terrible game.

That’s right, it was me, You’re Welcome!

My proudest gaming moment was actually done back in the day playing Tomb Raider 1 on the PS1, I played the entire game in 1 sitting from start to finish without saving the game once and, obviously without dying at all. I miss that game, keep meaning to buy it off PSN and will get round to it eventually I guess. Not the hardest game in the world but quite tricky on the later levels where it is very easy to die if you don’t know what to do, or forget to grab a ledge.

declan__watson 18 January, 2013 @ 6:08 pm   9

Hey Fred
Great debate option, im also very excited for the blog recap.

Anyway my greatest achivment was winning my first ever trophie onInfamous 2 on Christmas morning and continuing that great success with 291 more trophies.
Ill never forget that morning, such a rememboral day. :)
I hope you have a lovely weekend Fred, ill douvle back on Monday to check your replys. ;)

Happy Weekend of Gaming ;) LongLivePlay

Dante_Zero 18 January, 2013 @ 6:09 pm   10

I looked at this and i still have no idea where to start due to the thousands of games i’ve played since PSOne first launch. In that time i can safely say there have been hundreds of gaming moments i’ve been proud of like doing absolutely everything possible on Final Fantasy VII ,beating MGS 2 8hrs after first loading it up and getting the plat on Uncharted 2 before the game even released in the UK. Those are just some things i can be proud of but for the sake of making a point i’m going to focus on PS3/PSVita and trophies. There have been several miles stones i can be proud of along with platinums.

continued…..

My proudest achievement was probably back when I first got introduced to online gaming. The PS2 didn’t have many online games, but I managed to play Star Wars Battlefront II and actually win a match.

As everyone in the game seemed to be far better than me, it was quite an achievement and has since spurred me on to play more games online in the current generation, even though it still seems to be the case that everyone else still manages to be better than me!

Dante_Zero 18 January, 2013 @ 6:19 pm   12

I’m proud that i have 10 PSVita platinums to date. I’m proud that GTA 4 was my 100th platty and hitting 10,000 trophys in november was a huge milestone to be proud off too. I also have some proud platinums such GTA4, Mirrors Edge, Killzone 2, GRFS, Ico, FFXIII, MAG, Battlefield 3 and Bayonetta. I have been quite blessed i guess to be able to play all these let alone platinum them and reach some great milestones. The trophy system has been great for gamers since it launched and i hope i can keep gaining some great milestones and platinums along the way into the PS4 era. Next gaming achievement to be proud of in 2013 for me is going to be the 200 platinums mark which i hope i’ll hit come December this year.

declan__watson 18 January, 2013 @ 6:22 pm   13

Also Fred
I was kinda reported on home, I dont really know why, the email say Text and verbal abuse but im afriad I havent said anything abusive to anyone. But could you let SCEE know that I am teribly sorry for any offence I have caused to them. I am a true PlayStation fan and the last thing I would want is get my account banned.
Thanks Fred Sorry for any inconvinience. LongLivePlay

i_am_locust 18 January, 2013 @ 7:05 pm   14

Must have been defeating King Totomesu (the big sphinx) in Super Mario Land on GameBoy, my first videogame ever actually. That time I could still tell people how old I was just by showing the right amount of fingers (I got it right almost everytime). For several months I only saw the first two-three levels. I actually thought that defeating King Totomesu was the last thing to do in the game. If I could defeat him, the princess was saved. My brother and I, we were always showing off with how far we got in the game, so we were like “Oooh, you’re not gonna believe me, but I almost made it through the end”. The first three levels were “Super Mario Land” to us.

You can imagine how psyched I was the first time I defeated him… and how surprised I was when Daisy turned into that fly thingy and learned that there were a few other worlds to go through.

Has to be getting old and still never getting bored of gameing in anyway. The way games are always changeing keeps the bug alive

thymeparadox 18 January, 2013 @ 7:46 pm   16

I beat Zelda II. ‘Nuff said.

ShinYagami13 18 January, 2013 @ 7:49 pm   17

i ve been playing video games for nearly 30 years now so thats really hard to answer and pick just one of what i consider achievements
anyway i ll name a few!

1.beating metal slug X on coin op with just one coin
2.playing Final Fantasy VII for 4 days straight with almost no sleep
(that was back in 1997!)and beating it 100%
3.Defeating Ragu o ragla in wild arms 3 (and 100%)
4.Defeating Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII (and 100%)
5.Kings Quest VIII 100%
6.Putting over 600 hours in Oblivion Goty (and 100%)
7.My 1st platinum! (NFS Shift on 31/12/09)
8.One of the first people to beat Knytt Underground 100%
9.One amongst the 300 people that have achieved Starhawk platinum
10.Beating challenge 6 of Vanquish! (Ding!platinum 94)

i could name tons more but i think thats enough =)

RatchetBoy10 18 January, 2013 @ 7:58 pm   18

Whats my proudest gaming achivement?

Well i will tell you…

MAKING A GAME!

This has to be the best achivement in my books because not only do i play games that i enjoy. I can make a game that everyone else can enjoy! I’ve got a group of dedicatred people across 4 departments on my group. We hope that we can make a game that everyone will enjoy and that they would want to come back to. (so i have a challange)

And that is my biggest gaming achivement

My proudest achievement was my first Final Fantasy that I ever finished. It was also the first one I’d ever played. I’d gone through a couple years of starting over and leaving it, then going back and starting over again. Then in my FINAL year of school I decided to go for it between exams and revision.

It was gorgeous and sunny out. Early morning. I was on the FINAL disc. Everyone had their levels maxed out and all their attributes set how I like, with their FINAL weapons, ready to face the FINAL boss. The point of no return.

The battle was awesome and I felt empowered! Today will be the day! I will vanquish evil. And I did. The FINAL sequence began and I was rewarded with such beauty. All of my work had come for this. I regret nothing. The credits rolled, the familiar tune played. The tears ran down my face.

I’d had my FINAL exam the day before. It was the first day in the rest of my life.

It was my birthday. And my gift to myself, was to see Squall smile.

Nightmare966 18 January, 2013 @ 9:10 pm   20

I’d have to go back to the PS2 days.

It was in Soul Calibur III, and there two things really difficult to acomplish.

One was to complete the Chronicles of the Sword mode. It took me a lot of effort, sweat and patience to go through the last level. All the enemies had an extremely long life bar. while I had to fight with weapons that didn’t have health drain. The worst thing was getting to the last enemy and fall, having to restrat the whole thing. I did suffer that day, but I ended up finishing it. Took me a lot of skill, and seeing it was my first serious fighting game and the age I had, I’m quite proud.

The other was completeing the Story mode (as long as an Arcade run) without losing lifes. In the end I did it, I won the secret Mid-boss and the secret boss. The funniest part? it was with a character I had absolutely no experience with, Lizardman! :P

Okay, I’ll admit it. Took me 20 hours but I completed the mile high club on veteran in call of duty 4. Many deaths, many times I ran out of time but I finally did it. Another im proud of is getting both platinums on playstation all stars, great game, looking forward to the dlc characters

XboxDave360 18 January, 2013 @ 10:20 pm   22

My proudest moment was when I completed sonic adventure on my lovely Sega dreamcast console especially when I don’t generally finish any game to the end. I was amazed at such a great launch game it was just brilliant in every way. Now I can play it again on the PS3 thanks to the psn network…..you guys know how to keep this man happy….

solid--raiden 18 January, 2013 @ 10:30 pm   23

Metal Gear Solid 4 – The Big Boss Emblem

Unfortunately i did this way before mgs4 had trophies, but heres the rundown: complete the game on the hardest difficulty within 5 hours!!! with: no kills, no alerts, no healing items and no special items (stealth, bandana etc)… Fighting off armed pursuers in a bike chase with non-lethal weapons is no simple task!

it would proberbly be either completing uncharted 2, 3 and infamous after hours of hard work and dieing constantly and being in complete amazment as i watched the end or when after buying the full walking dead series playing the ending and thinking this is one of the bests story’s i’ve played (it was on pc) or completing BioShock on all platforms and concluding its the best game ive ever played :I. There 3 achivements that while not so impressive have meant a lot to me :D

Hmmmm. Apart from some Platinum Trophies, Little Big Planet comes to mind, I would say beating Sepheroth in Kingdom Hearts 2. I still have nightmares about the time I died when he had a fraction of a bar of health left. And then elaborating further on that would be completing Kingdom Hearts 2 100%. I loved the hell out of that game. Square Enix had better localize the HD Collection!

100% far cry 3
100% skyrim

My proudest achievement in gaming its probably that incredible time where i played an entire song in GUITAR HERO WITHOUT OPENING MY EYES, and beating my cousin, I remember the look in is face…

TheSmugExecutive 19 January, 2013 @ 5:18 am   28

My proudest achievement will come the day I can choose to turn off Trophy notifications altogether. Considering the age of this console and the fact that it’d only take one of the Japanese guys two minutes of coding effort, it’s QUITE baffling that this hasn’t been implemented yet.

Can’t you nudge one or two of the right people, Fred?

hmm…not sure if this will be frowned upon, but honestly? having the patience, leadership and ability to rally 11 players into boosting (dont tread on me, the game is broked -.-) the kill 5 players in a short time on Crysis 2 (Id have liked to say “I got it naturally, give prize, I got 4 in a row, hit detection is awful, and with 6 players ona team, its stupidly unlikely x_X) trophy, pulling off several ninja recruits due to people flaking out or going Rambo, solving all the translation problems people had, and then helping some struggling players with some advice for playing the mp properly (Camp, CTR, HMG :p) afterwards , with no help from any of those looking for the trophy >_>.
legitly however? Beating the first boss on Darksiders on Hard. Such a pain in the butt, hardest boss in the game by far, most folk just did an easy speed run for turbo armour and upgraded damage, pfft >_>.

(not sure if that double posted, blog still seems flibberty x_X, as a sidenote, is there a rule against posting more than ne answer? as in an automatic disqualification?)
Anyway last two. Walking into aroom, looking at the tv once and solving a Portal 2 puzzle for my father before handing the controller back to him amused me (considering this happened 3 times in 2 hours), given that he was apparently stuck for over half an hour :X.
Or similarly, getting high lum scores on Rayman Origins despite co-oping with him, who died every few obsticals, yelled at me every time he wanted a lum (despite me explaining we can go back for it, but theres 20 red lums just ahead, they count for 2 for the next few seconds, and I cant move the screen forward)and kept”forgetting”how to do a down attack (square and X?”no X then square and down”down X square…down square X, X square? many a ledge punt was the result -.-)though I suppose finding a game he enjoyed and we could both play together could be seen as an “achievement”?

Probably getting Platinum all three Uncharted my only Platinum trophies to date currently working on Platinuming Spec Ops the line on the hardest and dying A LOT.

spectre51 19 January, 2013 @ 6:17 am   32

Doing the 9 hour Tsukaba race in GT5 in one sitting without pausing.

I started it just before 1am and finished just before 10am was in the mood to burn some rubber. I used the Lamborghini 670-4 SV to try to keep the race close unfortunately the competing cars didn’t handle the lapped traffic too well and I won by 9 laps or around 9 minutes, completing 556 laps in the 9 hours.

Even though I had been up all night I managed to set the fastest lap on 546 with the finish in sight.

Any toilet breaks I took where limited to my scheduled pit stops and the time it took to complete the stop. I had a bottle of coke and some chips near me of which I would take a sip or bit when I would reach the short back straight of the track, as I didn’t have to worry about steering.

It was fun and the bunch of laps at the start were quite close till some lapped traffic affected the second placed car more than me and since the track is so short lapped traffic was quite common. The last couple of laps were tense hoping nothing would interrupt me this close to the end.

It was dead space 2 beating hardcore mode i thought I’ll probably never finish it and being rewarded the hand cannon
(after failing too many times i cant count)
and was my best achievement that i feel proud of.
I hope DS3 is easier because i don’t want go trough that again.

I guess most of my proud moments would be from the PS1 days, like getting Knight of the Round in FF7 or reaching Psycho Mantis in Metal Gear Solid without saving and without being detected and stuff like that.

But a more recent example would be in Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown. Back in September or so I got ranked among the top 1% in the Score Attack. I’ve probably lost some rank as I haven’t really played it since then, but still, I was pleased.

The only other game I’ve been going for getting good online ranking is Mirror’s Edge, in which I am among the top100 on the Speedruns for most levels, which I also was pleased of. Although this was with the PC version, and not on the PS3. I played thru the PS3 version and got my platinum though, barely took any time at all after playing the PC version so much.

bondington 19 January, 2013 @ 7:36 am   35

I’m from the States originally but when I was 11 we moved to the UK. Desperate in the knowledge that I’d be leaving my NES behind I had been trying to complete Super Mario Bros before we moved. I’m 36 now but my proudest moment in gaming is still when I competed Super Mario about an hour before we left for the airport. I can still remember the amazing feeling of satisfaction!

DoYouLikeMyID 19 January, 2013 @ 7:43 am   36

In Kingdom Hearts 2 (my favorite game of all time), you can unlock a secret movie by either completing the game in standard mode with the journal 100% completed, or by completing the game in proud mode. So I took it one step further, and I completed the game in proud mode, with 100% in the journal… 3 times. Once having chosen the sword, once with the staff, and once with the shield.

I also have a ton of other saves where I’ve just completed the game. I think all my saves combined clock in at a good bit over 600 hours, and I’m damn proud of it! :D

What can I say? A good game is a good game. ;-)

crusherMGS 19 January, 2013 @ 8:06 am   37

As a kid, after tons of bombs spent on finding breakable walls, being robbed countless times by burning down the wrong bushes and keeping hush about the moblin’s secret, finally beating The Legend of Zelda on the NES is still one of my proudest moments ever. The fact that there was a second quest after that blew my mind through the roof.

I managed to get quite far into the second quest too but alas my young brain just couldn’t figure out the location of those later dungeons. But this is a secret to everybody, alright!?

PapanikolasGR8 19 January, 2013 @ 8:45 am   38

my proudest achievement atleast for me is to playing to finish crash bash in 24 non stop :)

Completing Three Weeks in Paradise on my Amstrad 6128 in 1989… After having the game for 4 years. Not bad for a nine year old. Wish Amstrad Action had published the guide I wrote for it though.

MZperX_Hu 19 January, 2013 @ 8:45 am   40

I bought a game as an achievement after every smoke free month. Now I have 21 game, and I quit smoking.

sicktrash 19 January, 2013 @ 8:57 am   41

First in the world to get top rank in GTA4 multiplayer! Got nothing for my efforts :(

My proudest achievement in gaming would be in Final Fantasy IX. Beating the Excalibur II challenge, requiring to beat nearly the entire game within 12 hours was quite an achievement, especially when friends would tell you “it can’t be done!”. It took some time, and required a lot of planning like not wasting time saving (I only did at the end of a disc), but using every second I had. As a result I obtained Excalibur II with about 2 minutes to spare.

Of course playing through the game skipping every possible thing and just speeding through conversations, skipping sidequests & mini-games goes against everything in RPG’s, which is all about the journey, but this was a journey in its own right.

If FF IX is ever re-released with trophies I’d hope it will have a trophy for obtaining Excalibur II, and I wouldn’t rest until I had it :)

THE_FORCE 19 January, 2013 @ 9:18 am   43

I think mine was reporting Declan_Watson on home for chronically verbally abusing me.

Only joking Dec. :)

I can’t think of many really. Maybe getting the Plat on NFS Hot Pursuit?

Manually docking a craft to a space-station without hitting the side, on Elite, on my very first BBC computer :) I’ve been gaming a loooong time ;)

The one gaming moment that still sticks in my head even after years of playing other game. Defeating Baal on Hell Difficulty and Hardcore Mode on Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.

I had been trying to do this for so long for me to do, at least 2 years after I got the game and hundreds of dead Hardcore Characters (okay probably 2 dozen or less but it felt like hundreds).

After defeating Baal I ended up getting killed trying to kill him a second time BUT I still managed to do it once. Also for those of you who don’t know Hardcore mode on the Diablo series means 1 life, when you die it is game over forever, with that character.

KenMarinaris 19 January, 2013 @ 9:23 am   46

Platinums in Vanquished and Sacred 2 probably.
The first one is really tricky, especially legendary Chellenge 6 when you are gonna die time after time, the second one is so time consuming so it took me over 200 hrs to get it but still love this game and looking forward to Sacred 3.

XSeraph888X 19 January, 2013 @ 9:38 am   47

Waiting 48 hours for a maintenance.

RIONMAIDEN666 19 January, 2013 @ 9:40 am   48

Getting the inhuman achievement on guitar hero 3 is my proudest gaming achievement (even if it was on an inferior console). When the game was first released, and I could only do the easy difficulty, you play through the fire and flames on expert and you think it’s been put there as a joke. But as I started practicing more and I was able to do all the songs on expert, I saw the song as a challenge. After 100′s of hours, and annoying my parents with the clicking of the guitar, I finally completed the song and it was like getting a platinum trophy. Now I’ve moved on to rocksmith and look for a song that will give me the same sense of achievement when I can play it.

Shinoda_2qx 19 January, 2013 @ 9:42 am   49

On the 14th May 2010 I started my Killzone 2 journey, and earned my first two trophies. On the 14th May 2011, exactly a year after my journey began, I finally earned the final trophy. However, at this point, I no longer cared about the trophy, for many months my goal became to beat Colonel Radec on elite difficulty, which probably cost my hairline about 10 years! The day I finally beat him, I was deep into a 3 hour sitting, with a couple of close calls already. I got him to the final one on one stage, and I was so tense, heart was pounding, and then that magical moment I saw him fall! I jumped up and down screaming in joy, I beat Radec!!! I saw the game through the final cutscene and collected my final trophy, and then went to brag about my achievement to my folks, to which they told me they had just finished checking the house for burglars after hearing loud banging and screaming, ooops! My proudest achievement in 15 years of gaming.

destruct-o-matic 19 January, 2013 @ 9:49 am   50

I think it has to be 100% completing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on PS2 when I was 14 years old. Those Ambulance missions were really hard on the later levels!

I really cannot explain the satisfaction of seeing 100% on the status screen (plus, having 3 goons to get in the car and wreak havoc with me!) =)

Ishockudie 19 January, 2013 @ 9:50 am   51

My proudest gaming achivement would be back in the days of tomb raider 1 and 2. I always watched my dad play the games for 2 reasons
1.it was something new to explore while being 5-6 years old.
2. My dad asked me for help when he was stuck in the game.
As a 5-6 year old, I would solve the riddle that my dad couldn’t solve.
Also, in zelda: ocarina of time, I did the same for my dad. These games and this behaviour of my childhood formed the way of gaming in my life in the future. The feeling of doing what my dad couldn’t, was the greatest achievement for me!

Notlaw1976 19 January, 2013 @ 9:59 am   52

As a part time gamer who squeezes odd half hours in here and there when the other half allows and the 3 year old isn’t around, my proudest gaming moment in recent years was completing the first Darksiders game. Completing any game campaign over 10 hours is almost unheard of for me these days as I just haven’t got the time! Darksiders grabbed me so much that I was settting my alarm for work early so I could slip in another half hour before I had to iron my shirt and shower before work. Damn I loved Darksiders… did the same with the second game too last year, but I still like War better than Death.

my greatest game achievment? Getting to the end of Walking Dead: The Game without crying; there were times when I was close, and I mean REALLY close to sheding man tears but I held them in (I wasnt going to let my friends see me cry :P )

*sorry it should day ‘proudest game achievment’

my proudest achievement in gaming has either got to be:

-beating the final 4 in a Pokemon game,
I remember how me and my friends always played the Pokemon games and we always did a little competition who got the farthest in the game,
so when I beat the last gym and got to the final 4 I was SO HYPED and i trained for so Long to beat them and when I did I had the most awesome feeling in the world :)

-Platinum-ing a Ratchet & Clank game, Ratchet & Clank is my favorite video game series of all time.
I own almost every single R&C game other than Q-force and Tools Of Destruction
and when I got my hands on my 1st ever R&C game on the PS3
(which was Crack In Time)
I was so hyped to actually get rewarded for 100%ing the game after when in the older games I usually beat them 6 times each
and when I got the platinum I felt like a king :)

Over the years I have met a lot of challenges, but this one was beyond extraordinary. It was dark. I was all alone, with one task. As I moved forward, I saw imminent death at every turn. I was afraid, but I knew that i had to keep moving forward. I experienced flashbacks of my previous failures during the struggle. I remembered every misstep I had taken, and I vowed not to make the same mistake again. I vowed that my enemies should experience the full might of my sword. That nothing would stop me this time.

I am a Dark Souls character, and I lit the bonfire.

Mikal_Drey 19 January, 2013 @ 10:40 am   57

hey hey

Mine has to be my son and I completing Bayonetta together. Gotta be a proud dad when you can actually motivate your kids to do something to completion. The joy on his face and the days we spent playing together still makes me smile.

Now the little so and so just seeks to beat me at every moment !! ! ! (and does) (hes 9)

Delboi173 19 January, 2013 @ 10:55 am   58

mine has to be killing all the pigeon’s in GTA4 and collecting all the feathers from Assasins creed 2 :)

dark_angel69 19 January, 2013 @ 11:01 am   59

YAYY!! Can finally log back in!! I left this logged in all week so wouldn’t have to do it myself but just before I had to go to work Yesterday, hada close it down but when got home was unable to sign back in. :( It’s weird I couldn’t access the blog from the PS3 even tho it was logged in.

Anyway to topic,

My proudest achievement in gaming has to be achieving MAG platinum. I have like 49 platinum and MAG was the hardest out of them all. It was the most time consuming and had to do it all alone. (you can check my profile if you want to see it for yourself). If i’m correct the total time played to get this platinum would been over 190 hours. Would need to go back onto the game to get the actual total of hours but it would be somewhat around that.

I also have another proud achievement and it would be Payday the heist platinum. Reason for this is cos it took a lot of great teamwork and frustration to achieve this. Had a wonderful group organised and we planned every step of the way together. Still keep in touch to this day and have plans on becoming a team again when/if the sequel is released

So there you have it. My two proudest achievements. MAG and Payday the heist the two hardest platinum!

runicdagaz 19 January, 2013 @ 11:07 am   60

I’m gonna have to go oldschool here. I managed to work my way through Battletoads when I was around 10 years old, 2-3 years before I got my first PS1.

It took me ages to beat it. It made Dark Souls look like some unicorn wonderland filled with happiness. :D

NEVER AGAIN! :D

I’ll say my proudest moment in gaming was completing The Secret of Monkey Island!

I first played it back in 1990 when it was released on PC and my brother brought it home, and the names, the gags, the sounds stuck with me throughout my childhood. Guybrush Threepwood was my hero, and “you ruffian!” my favorite insult while I was growing up. I must have spent hours just playing with the Dial-A-Pirate codewheel that came with the original PC version, to prevent piracy (haha!). I never got to finish it back then though, the Swordmaster proved too challenging for me and we didn’t have the internet to look up a walkthrough/FAQ back then.

So I was delighted when it was re-released in 2009. I got it on my ipod. I got it on PS3. Damn, I’d get it again on my Vita if they released it! Watching the end credits roll was for me a resolution that took 20 years to fulfill. I almost cried.

Now, how about Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle HD???? Pretty please? Oh, and Loom!!!!

PIREDERAS 19 January, 2013 @ 11:14 am   62

My proudest achievement: beating Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty, on the hardest difficulty, back on PS2. Why’s that? Due to the unbelievably annoying button mashing required in the end, where Solidus chokes Raiden to death. I barely did it firstly in the Hard difficulty, then I tried it on Very Hard for nearly a month, unsuccessfully. I gave up and called a friend of mine, notorious for his fighting games ability, and asked him to do me a favor and beat it for me (a reward of lending him Dead or Alive 2 helped, of course…). After trying around 20 times and nearly missing it, he finally did it!!! Oh, thank God those ridiculous button mushings have been terminated nowadays…

Turtleing 19 January, 2013 @ 11:40 am   63

Mine was completing metal gear solid 1 the Japanese version without understanding a word of Japanese. I had it shipped over to the UK when it was very first released because I was so eager to play it I couldn’t wait.

It took me nearly a week to figure out that I had to put C4 on the wall to blow a hole in the wall which the Colonel must have told me to do about 100 times, but not being able to understand Japanese I did not have a clue what to do.

Getting through the entire game was a massive achievement with not knowing what to do through most of it or what the story was. I played the game again when it came out in the UK and it was awesome to finally read and hear the story.

Turtleing 19 January, 2013 @ 11:47 am   64

Another which I completely forgot about was when I got Time Crisis for the PS1. I got the proper box set and everything with the official Arcade Gun. I think I was about 9 years old when it came out in Arcades and I loved it. We never had an arcade near us so the only time I played it was when we went to Skegness and throughout the entire holiday I was in the Arcade playing the game.

My dad got it me for my birthday when it was released with the proper gun (and we all know how heavy it was) and I played it for nearly 4-5 hours straight. We had to go down my familys house for a dinner and at the dinner table my right hand went weird and numb and just flopped as I was holding my fork. My hand slammed down on the table releasing the fork and the fork ended up being stuck in my brothers head. Everyone asked me to explain what was going on and the first thing that went in my head was I was not going to blame it on Time Crisis because I wanted to play it when I got back home so I blamed it on masterbating for the first time.

I went home later that day and got a very impressive high score on Time Crisis which until this day none of my friends have ever beat me on.

Jamesyp00 19 January, 2013 @ 11:47 am   65

I think the one that sticks to my mind is getting final fantasy IX for christmas, then shutting myself in my room immersing myself in the world, then competing 2 discs in one day, I ran through the house beaming showing off to my family how awesome it was that i got through 2 disks already! I think on some level i thought i was turning into some form of hardcore gamer.

Lunastra78 19 January, 2013 @ 11:53 am   66

When I was in the army (2000/2001), I beat a roommate in Tekken 3 whilst blindfolded.

I have two.

When I was much younger, I was hooked on Sega. Alex Kidd, Bubble Bobble etc. Well completing Alex Kidd in less than 40 minutes, I thought I’d try complete Bubble Bobble.

I spent literally 1000s of hours trying to get to level 200. I’d die, start again (after a little cry). Then I got to level 199 and I knew I was going to do it. I just felt it in my bones. I completed level 199… And it looped. Back to 199. The game was NOT completable! I felt very robbed, and a bit offended.

Still. Level 199 – hell of an achievement without cheating!

==============

More recently. Achieving the platinum trophy in Metal Gear Solid 2 was the hardest thing I’ve ever done on a PlayStation! The V.R missions left me bald. Seriously bald. And Solidus on the hardest level, coupled with the dog tags?! I still have a nervous twitch now.

But when that platinum trophy popped, I jumped from my chair, screamed “YEAH BABY!!!!” and then casually took the disk out, and put it away. I’ve not seen it since!

Well my greatest gaming achievement has got to be completing and doing everything metal gear solid 1,2,3 and 4 had to offer even before the invention of the trophy system.

I must of completed Metal Gear Solid 1 at least a dozen times when I was younger, Unlocking the bandana, Stealth and of course the funky looking tuxedo, Aswell as experiencing many hidden moments throughout the game, and spending a considerable amount of time codec calling mei-ling over and over just to see her get pissed off, haha.

In Sons of liberty I spent many many hours making terrorists shake there arses and in return I managed to collect every dog tag on every difficulty level, even if it did take alot of shooting them in the gentlemens vegetables to persuade them to drop to do so.

Continued…

The arrival of Snake Eater meant spending alot of time hunting down and finding the elusive kerotan frogs, aswell as hunting down every plant and animal species and catching the impossibly rare tsuchinoko. But of course the biggest challenge was to obtain the fox rating. One of my favourite moments has got to be sneaking up on The End and holding him up for his special moss camo, i’ll tell you now it ends with you getting a stun grenade to the face and witnessing a very grouchy but strangely energetic 100 year old man sprinting off to a new sniping spot.

But by far the most time consuming to 100 percent has got to be Guns of the Patriots. Collecting all 40 end game emblems took a staggering 13 playthroughs and many hours of my life but in the end the reward of being able to listen to the ‘Snake Eateeeeerrrr!’ soundtrack in subsequent playthroughs on the in game iPod, is all the reward required for me to give up hours of my life. And then 4 years after all my hard work they decide to release trophies for mgs4… DAMN YOU NON-RETROSPECTIVE TROPHIES!! ;)

afcwomblelong 19 January, 2013 @ 12:16 pm   70

My proudest achievement was switching from Xbox to PS3. There, said it.

DEMONICRUBLE18 19 January, 2013 @ 12:16 pm   71

Mine is my FEAR 2 platinum trophy I’m the first in my country to obtain it also the first to 100% the game in my country spent countless hours grinding out the experience I did boost some of the xp grind but it was fun at times and sometimes mind numbingly boring.

jehuty_2174 19 January, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   72

well for me it would be the last battle in Killzone 2 against Radec and his soldiers on the hardest difficulty. and constantly retrying without taking a break.
I don’t know how many time i heard Radec say “Break those two up. Don’t let them support each other” with is cool voice once I restarted at the Checkpoint, after dying horribly.
Its burnt into my mind now. :)
Once taken Radec down. -> mighty happy FACE^^

Games make it so wonderfully easy to get that lovely sense of achievement. :)

Lots of examples spring to mind… like surviving Armaggeddon from the opposing team in Worms Revolution and then casually sauntering over to prod his last worm into the drink.

Or playing Plunder in Uncharted 3 and always being the guy who strolls cheerfully away with the idol whilst everyone else is busy shooting each other. I tend to whistle innocently at my screen like I’m not doing something jammy at the time, for some reason.

But for my the greatest gaming achievement comes every time you get that new Trophy for the first time on a new game. It’s like the beginning of a fresh new journey every time, and that cheerful first “pa-ping!” noise reinforces the new purchase with an unspoken, “Hey. You. We’re having FUN, aren’t we?” :)

I remember completing ghosts and goblins, and megaman 2.

those games were hard and got a real sense of accomplishment from doing them.

also managed to rack up over 100 hrs on final fantasy 7 looking for everything.

My biggest achievement started with the moment I played Shadow of the Colossus on PS2. Until then I was a PC gamer only, nothing compared with the PC and I knew that existed consoles but didn’t want to spend money on a gaming focused machine, because all I needed was my PC… until SotC…
When I reached the location of the first colossus and it started walking between the trees and the controller began vibrating in my hand and that epic song filled the room….I had got goosebumps. It was an experience that I had never felt.
And then I knew why a dedicated gaming machine existed. Even if the PC had some great games on it, now looking back, all of them felt a little tacked on, like an extra feature for the PC and not something that was created in order to give the players the feeling that I felt in that particular moment.
I had multiple consoles since then but, there is no other place where games are not just for fun but also as a form of art, like there are on the PlayStation platform. And even if this chapter (PS3) hasn’t finished yet I can’t wait for the next one to begin (PS4).
My achievement as a gamer is not about braking records, but it’s about discovering the PS family.

Completing Tomb Raider 2 for the PS1 when I was around 11 years old. While my brothers could complete it only by using cheats, I went the extra mile finishing it without using any cheats or guide. Anyone remember how hard them Tomb Raider games where? Plus you couldn’t just go and look at videos on the internet.

TequilaUK 19 January, 2013 @ 1:21 pm   77

My proudest gaming achievement(s) would definitely have to be from the Street Fighter series.

When button mashing my way through Street Fighter II on the SNES and randomly firing a hadoken, it was the best feeling a game could give and it made me feel untouchable. But from that moment I wanted to dedicate myself to it and to this day, I’m still playing Street Fighter and competitively too.

I have won a lot of local tournaments and my next step is e-sports. I know i’m not the best player out there but someday I hope to join the pro’s.

My proudest achievement in gaming is definitely completing Escape from Monkey Island on the PS2 way back when, without the use of the internet, walkthroughs, guides or hints. It took months, but I got there in the end!

It’s great to read through and see so many others naming something from their own PS2 days too :)

Dreadnoughtw 19 January, 2013 @ 1:47 pm   79

“What is your proudest achievement in gaming?”

think my proudest achivment was completing MGS 2 in my ps2 to 100% back int he days and also completing my ace combat games to 100% in 1 week

aside from that i also enjoyed completing mass effect 2 and assassins creed 2 to platinum trophies

really enjoyed these games, not only for their gameplay but also for their storys

they really get yourself into the story and makes you feel your living it

i hope more games come out such as these 2. i tip my hat to the teams who made them for making people play them and enjoy them to full extend.

Probably beating Uncharted 2 on Crushing, putting me just an hour of grinding away from the platinum trophy. You see, I never thought I’d be able to do it. I’m not /that/ good at shooters, and didn’t get past the plane crash on Crushing in Uncharted 1.

But I figured what the heck, lets just have some cheap laughs at myself getting my ass handed to me and see how far I’d get. A bit later, I found myself blowing up the machine gun tower in the swamp, and it occurred to me that I’d just gotten through the first major battle of the game. Suddenly the prospect of getting through it all actually seemed feasible, even for me.

So I started really taking it seriously, looking up videos on YouTube for gameplay strategies, relying on stealth where I could, and planing out everything in advance – to the point of seriously considering which weapons to bring along before I moved to a new area.

And it worked, I got through it all. Even the darn train crash site, where I had to carefully take out everyone in the right order so I was in the best position to deal with the second wave of enemies before they spread out and started flanking me. Had to cheese Lazarevic by confusing the AI though, but I think that’s forgivable.

Mine would be to get every PlayStation console and handheld since the PS2 on launch day :)

jimbob12345678 19 January, 2013 @ 2:00 pm   82

Beating Yiazmat on FFXII for me. A 6 and a half hour long boss fight with next to no reward for winning is not something I’d do day to day. I don’t think I could even realistically find that amount of free time to play games in one sitting anymore! :P

lefskisofiq 19 January, 2013 @ 2:04 pm   83

Ha ha My proudest achievement in gaming has to be that time I convinced my mother to sit down and play little big planet 2 with me. She always thought gaming was for little kids but when she tried little big planet 2 she had a lot of fun playing it and I think that game changed her mind about games.

my proudest moment was buying my ps2. it was the day it came out and was the first time id saved for a console myself and the first time id actually bought a games machine new instead of second hand.I was a bit [DELETED] off that it went kaput 2 days later.

Welsh_Rhyss 19 January, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   85

My proudest gaming achievement has to be when me and my dad finally completed Crash Bandicoot on the original PlayStation.

I remember being so excited and amazed when my father bought the PlayStation. We only needed the one game, Crash Bandicoot to keep us entertained.

It was a real bonding moment for me and my dad every time we played on the PlayStation together. We used to take in turns to complete a level each, and we used to encourage and support each other whilst the other was playing. We used to have a great laugh at all the baddies on the game and the “OOGA BOOGA” when Crash collected a mask.

So not only was this the first game I had ever played and what introduced me to gaming, but it also created some brilliant memories and time spent with my dad. We’re both still massive PlayStation fans, and when I’m home from university, me and my dad make a special effort to make some time to enjoy a few games on the PS3 together.

my proudest moment was getting my very 1st platinum from dead space

tiago-kun 19 January, 2013 @ 2:36 pm   87

Hummm, I would say my proudest achievement is a bit old.

Back on the Playstation 2 era, I was a total fan of Metal Gear Solid and I played the second one (Sons of Liberty) around 30 times and, after finishing the game, it gave a code to submit to a site so you could see how you compared against other players in the world. It was the closest you had to “online leaderboards” then.
So after a few hellish tries to beat the European Extreme to get a good record, I finally managed and submitted the code and was ranked first! It was such an awesome moment, after that I would go the site everyday to see if it was still there, it only lasted 2 days or something.
I tried to get up there again for a few weeks, but better players than me started to surface on the site and I quietly disappeared from the ranks, I even tried again on substance with no success.
Still, I will never forget that for a brief moment, I was the top player (at least according to the site) :)

And on a side note: Congrats almighty-slayer (and everyone who got it) for the Mirror’s Edge platinum. That one is really hard, I sank a lot of hours trying to get that one!

My proudest game achievement is finishing Rayman on the Ps1. As a child that was like the proudest thing I had done and I would always brag about it with my friends. They never believed me so I would let them show my save file and load it up just to let them see I had beaten Rayman.
The difficulty was so hard and just finishing it was wonderful. Rayman on the Ps1 was the greatest game to me and is still today.

I am now replaying it and I still can’t believe how I finished it as a child. It seems like the difficulty went up in year or I just lost my skills haha.

Chrome-Hazard 19 January, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   89

Playing through Castlevania: Symphony of the Night over 100 times… I pretty much have every line of dialogue memorised. Dunno if it’s something I SHOULD be proud of though! DX

Trophies:
-My one and only platinum trophy is MAG. I did most of the medals pre-patch, when it was much harder. It was a hell of a grind.

Items:
-I was the first player on my World of Warcraft Server (EU/Destromath) that managed to get a mount from a different faction. My gnome rogue on a tiger mount was something special for some time.

Badass gaming moments:
-Fifa 12: Scoring six goals with Mladen Petric against my brother winning 6:5 :)
-Joint Ops: Escalation: Sitting in the back on a motorcycle that a friend of mine drove. We were getting hunted by a helicopter, which I shot out of the air after we used a ramp to jump right next to it.

finishing heavenly sword on its best difficulty gave me a huge sense of achievement, coupled with the fab voice acting and ultimate badass mode got me all goosebumpy

You never forget your first platinum trophy, especially if it involves seaeching Ebay for a Playsation Eye camera (trophy in Burnout Paradise) but I’d say my most proudest moment was getting all 3 medals in Motorstorm RC. I love driving games but I’m not very good at them and feel pleased if I managed to keep my car going in a straight line for metres. in Motorstorm RC I look at those times on the leaderboards and can’t for the life of me work out how they are possible.

I recently challenged myself to get all 3 medals in every race, including the DLC. The final 2 medals, both from the same event, took me a full week of lunchbreak gaming to do but I got there… and then had to do it again as I think I switched off the Vita before it updated my scores properly.

grimbarian 19 January, 2013 @ 3:58 pm   93

My proudest gaming moment (has to be the first one that gave you that glow inside for me) came back in 1992 when I wowed the gathered crowd in the local seafront arcade by working through Mortal Kombat (as the cheese master Sub-Zero) pulling his awesome spine fatality on every opponent to a game completion on a single credit.

I’d love to say I was cool and just nonchalantly walked away with a small satisfactory smirk…

…but instead I ruined all that good work by punching the air and loudly declaring I was the greatest.

Aaah well – live and learn.

Avengerrr 19 January, 2013 @ 4:13 pm   94

I only have the Uncharted Golden Abyss Platinum and I was glad to achieve it as my first.

BUT my best achievement in gaming is learning how to code missions and program AI for ArmA 2 and finally creating a fully functioning (bug free) set of missions for my friends. That basically is it, I’m glad to have not necessarily played something but created and shared it with friends. Gave me a lot of insight in to developing and how tough it can be to actually create an idea and do it with constantly fixing and refining the game so a person can actually play it; not to mention how difficult it is to make AI as dynamic as possible.

I’ve been messing around with ModNation and LBP recently so it would be good to start creating some stuff with those games, but for now ArmA 2 is literally the revelation in my gaming achievements. (dunno whether is counts?).

pillaysteven 19 January, 2013 @ 4:39 pm   95

This is a tough one, to narrow it down to a single gaming achievement.

A good few come to mind… Demon’s Souls platinum, getting 100% completion in Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles on PSP, the clone battle in God of War on God Mode, 100% Trophies in Fallout 3…

Honestly though, my proudest gaming achievement is the fact that I have maintained my passion for gaming despite being extremely busy studying medicine. I’m currently in final year and while my gaming time has become more and more limited, I have maintained the same or greater passion for the industry as I had before starting college. I am definitely in the extreme minority in my class where having a decent conversation about gaming almost never happens as it still has the status of being a complete waste of time among most of my peers.

Still I love gaming, don’t see that ever changing and am proud of that fact :).

My proudest moment… Would have to be beating double dragon 2 for Nintendo with my bro back when games were actually challenging.

A_Nonny_Moose 19 January, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   97

First thing that came to mind was this:

That’s the Tower of Whoop level in LBP2. Took me a while to get to the point where I could go through the whole level without breaking the score multiplier, and even longer to get the top spot. That was a couple years ago now, but I think I’m still number 3 or something. Even got a little congratulatory PM from Sutku when I beat his/her score, which was nice.

I think mines has to be getting ranked no.1 in the world, in the instructor leaderboard in Metal Gear Online. I was immense at that game, and was in the top 250 players in the world. Still haven’t been as dominant in a game since, I suck at most online games.

A close second would be my winning run in Fifa 11 Ultimate Team. Made a team of various unknown and low ranked players, but went a good 30 games without defeat or a draw. Won a lot of online tournaments in that run too. Still haven’t be able to assemble a team in Fifa 12 or 13 thats come anywhere close to that record.

eyez-iz-chon 19 January, 2013 @ 5:02 pm   99

it might be a bit off topic, but i would say the i am most proud with the fact that i bought with my own money, a PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3, sticking to Sony since childhood! and the fact that i still have them all, fully functioning aswell!

BADJABEAR 19 January, 2013 @ 5:44 pm   100

Comment number 100 – maybe thats a good sign! or maybe nobody will get so far down to read this!

Ah well, my achievement is a little bit different – so bare with me.

My greatest achievement in gaming was when I set up my own carwashing ‘company’ as a kid to raise money to buy a PS2 – My mum never had much cash – and I really wanted the console but I knew she couldn’t afford it. I made flyers and posted them in my street, trying to encourage people to let me wash the car for £5 – I got a few people but It took a long time to get anywhere near the money – so I branched out to my grans street too and bingo – I raised enough money.

My PS2 was my pride and joy – I played my uncles ps1 a little but the PS2 was MY first console. I bought it all by myself and it essentially started my love affair with video games.

Maybe thats a little sappy for a few of ya – but I was really proud of the cash I raised to get me gaming – and if i haddn’t managed it I likely wouldn’t be the avid PS3 gamer I am today! :D

pineanas 19 January, 2013 @ 7:11 pm   101

Killing the four kings on the first try in dark souls, After a lenthy journey to get there through the valley of the drakes… Heart was racing when all my pyromancies and flasks were depleted on the last king!! Most epic feeling!

pineanas 19 January, 2013 @ 7:20 pm   102

Dark Souls: After a lenthy fight to get there, through the valley of the drakes, reaching the four kings and beating them on the first try. When all my pyromancies and flasks were depleted on the last king my heart was racing.. But beating him was the most epic feeling ever. Somehow dark souls and demons souls gave me a feeling of acomplishment bigger than any trophies and games. And i have been gaming since prince of persia/wolfenstein 3d/dune2

doomsday619 19 January, 2013 @ 8:02 pm   103

Mine has to be when i screamed and dropped the controller after not knowing there was crocodiles in Far Cry 3, then getting all my mates around and watching their reactions when i told them to see what happens when they go near the water.
Having grown men between the ages of 25-30 screaming is pretty funny they need to make a youtube channel of Far Cry 3 Crocodile and Shark reactions. So tht is my gaming achievement scaring grown men with a game lol.

garner035 19 January, 2013 @ 8:14 pm   104

My proudest Achievement would have to be completing Dead Space on Impossible difficulty.

OldFIame 19 January, 2013 @ 9:27 pm   105

My best gaming achievement has to be only raging once in 7 games of call of duty.

Beating viewtiful Joe. That final boss was crushingly hard. I can’t remember how long the rest of the game took but that final boss took a whole day of practice, memorization of patterns and a few lucky breaks. What cemented that as my best gaming achievement was talking about it later with the guy in the game shop I bought viewtiful Joe from. This was back when there were more smaller game shops that employed gamers and this guy had given up before the final boss because it was too hard. Then I knew I had achieved something that was a real challenge to pull off.

Project2insanity 19 January, 2013 @ 10:26 pm   107

Difficult choice, on one hand, I want to say simply being one of the relatively small number that purchased Okami back on PS2. On the other, Killzone 2 elite wasn’t a breeze.

Over both, I’d say when you take a look at the Killzone forum, you always see threads about who the best is, who claims to better than others, boasts about statistics (fastest killers, highest k/d ratios) etc… Folk taking it far too seriously in short.

Must be a few years now but there was a competition to win signed artwork on Killzone 2. It was meant to be separated for regions but others entered, namely the boasting type. Needless to say (since this is about achievements), I won. Must be a proud moment to show them winning isn’t about empty words, yeah? Honestly, not really. I’m proud I thrived in such a (seriously) hard-fought competition, the prize moreso a memento.

Can’t escape the irony it didn’t change the same names making the same claims, though…

travlingghost 19 January, 2013 @ 11:19 pm   108

nice

The battle of a thousand heartless in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Defeating a thousand enemies is hard work. The enemies are not that strong or very challenging, I did it on the first try. But it is a long battle and that also takes it toll.
So when after 10 or 15 minutes I see the screen clear of heartless creatures that only a few moments ago completly filled it, and I see that I stood my ground and defended the world of Hollow Bastion I could only feel pride in myself.

I’m sure anyone else who played it also felt that way and yet I still think it’s one of my proudest gaming moments.
Now that’s good gaming.

polynski 20 January, 2013 @ 2:39 am   110

my biggest achievement was platinuming 20 games switching to xbox realising xbox is rubbish even with kinect returning to ps3 and platinuming infamous 2 in the 1st week back and noticing that james gallagher has been replaced by fred dutton n seeing as weve never spoke before allow me to say hi and welcome

polynski 20 January, 2013 @ 2:39 am   111

i will also have mass effect 3 platinum tomorrow

Actually yknow what? It might not be the “proudest” ive been by any means, but getting the Transformers WFC plat was quite the achievement, given that there were so many problems with the mp >_>. It would either not load, or say it was loading for ever, or insta-crash, or say 0 people were online, or put you in a single match, and given that there were 3 jerks who knew they were casuing evreyone else to lag who worked on shifts and were getting 90% of the kills whilst everyone else was teleporting around the map, either being insta-gibbed or pumping several clips into enemies who refused to die (and this was apparently after they doubled th exp rewards ._.).
That and the Escalation mode was quite the challenge, with jerks hoarding all the points, and letting peple drop out and not helping the new guys get any exp or buy them weaponry or health -.-, then when I did it with some randoms there was a child that wouldnt sthu for about 20 minutes o_o…took a tonne of patience x_X.

My proudest achievement till now is the platinum of Killzone 2 also as my very first game I have played on my PS3. I have never played any FPS with a controller, so in multiplayer I was always top “first” from bottom of scoreboard lol. But after a month of playing, I’ve gotten better and finally placed in top 1% to achieve the Valor Grand Cross trophy and thust helped me to beat the campaign on Elite. Killzone is my favorite FPS franchise and I’m really excited for Killzone Mercenaries for PS Vita as we can finally play as Helghast soldier !!!

kingdoug87 20 January, 2013 @ 5:05 am   114

my first and only platinum for infamous 2

Stonesthrow 20 January, 2013 @ 5:44 am   115

Discovering Metal gear solid. I’ll never forget that weekend. I knew nothing about the game and it was just a random demo pick, but it blew my mind. Instantly got the full game after being mindblown and finished the game that same weekend. This game was just off the charts epic like I had never seen before. The cinematic storytelling, the audio-visual aspect, the succeeded stealth, .. Everything about that game made me more passionate and serious about gaming and the adult story telling and cinematics in part made me realise that my gaming hobby doesn’t necessarily have to end when getting older. It’s probably the most profound game that made me a more mature gamer and will always mark a special shift in my gaming life.

My proudest achievement in gaming was last year 2 days before Christmas when my 5 year son invite me to play with him on his PS3. We just sit on the living room for like 2 hours enjoying and laughing our game session. When at the end the platinum just pop on the screen and my son got a proud smile and told me “dad now im like you i have a platinum”.
What makes this achievement to be the proudest was to see the smile on his face and the happiness that my son had.

On the day before my son just dropped my PS3 and break it. But since then we start playing and having fun together.

JonnyPauz 20 January, 2013 @ 8:57 am   117

Simple, buying a PS3.

NES: Finishing Super Mario Bros. for the first time. And about 13-14 minutes speedrun (if I remember my time right, it’s been a while).
SNES: Finishing SMB World 100% with all secrets.
PSX: Final Fantasy VII&VIII and Crash Bandicoots 100%.
PS2: Kingdom Hearts 100% with Sora’s max stats.
PS3: I think my hardest platinum is Blazblue Calamity Trigger. So many games, so little time…

Menorkamer 20 January, 2013 @ 11:42 am   119

My proudest gaming achievement, is to ACTUALLY managing to play at all.

Since I got pretty severe ocd, there was a time when it could take up to an hour, to just get ready to play. And then when I finally managed to play a game, I had to read everything in the “right” way, and I would get great trepidation if I only missed some little thing.

I also had to read all stats in the “right” way; and everything else that’s completely unimportant. Needless to say, it couldn’t go on like that. Still working on it, but it’s a lot better nowadays:)

Haven’t done anything gaming related, that I’m particularly proud of. Maybe that I beat Super Meatboy.

Splutterbug 20 January, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   120

My proudest gaming moment has to be a really old Sierra game called Pharaoh. I left my girlfriend playing it at home as I went to work in the morning. When I came home she was still playing it but had amassed a very impressive pyramid. I knew then and there this was definitely the girl for me and we’ve now been married for 8 years. We’re shortly hoping to get through Portal 2 co-op

slyguy21 20 January, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   121

One of my proudest game moments would be playing killzone 2 and not actually even completing the game on the hardest difficulty but getting the valour grand #4 trophy. In order to get this you have to be in the top 1% players for that week when i first read the trophy i was like i guess no platinum for me then lol as there are most probaly way more better skilled players out there all trying to go for the same trophy. Anyway i completed killzone 2 on the hardest difficulty i thought let me give multiplayer a try as i allways like to complete one player before i go on multiplayer all i had left was the multiplayer trophys left i knew i could most probaly get all the multiplayer trophys apart from valour grand #4. so i thought the struggle begins i might aswell try because i need not want the platinum trophy. the week started and i was up from 8 in the morning every day playing till about 8 or 9 o clock grinding for this one trophy. The next week monday i booted up killzone 2 eagerly awaiting to hear the cling sound i put on the game and a few seconds went and what do you know (CLING) I was so happy i got the trophy but the best thing was that i actually felt like i deserved it.. after playing all them hours (CLING).

slyguy21 20 January, 2013 @ 12:30 pm   122

Also back in the day completing all the ledgend of zelda games on the snes and the feeling i got when you open a treasure chest and hear the little jingle and then rewarded with a boomerang

My proudest achievement was getting my first platinum which was Assassin’s Creed II. I am proud that I got it, but I got told off by my brother as it is not my game, I used the maps and photos off GameSpy.com to find all the feathers and I use You Tube to get the final trophy by using the Auditori cape in all destinations including the long road.

If I get picked to win a copy of Dead or Alive 5, I will give it to my brother as I am not a fan of beat-em-ups.

probably a couple of weeks ago when my three year old son got his first ever trophy in wonderbook of spells. you could see the little light go on behind his eyes and the trophy hunger begins

My proudest gaming achievements have been:

Heavy Rain platinum, not because it is hard to achieve but because I really loved every second of it. The story, the vibe and the feeling the game gave me was just so intense. I just HAD to see every ending, every possibility en was so proud, but also sad to see the credits see one final time roll down the screen.

Achieving a total of 4000 trophies, after owning my ps3 4 years now I managed to get 4000 trophies. So 1000 trophies a year is for me an awesome achievement :D

possibility en (has to be “and”) was

jimiparkerexp 20 January, 2013 @ 3:00 pm   127

I would say the best accivement that I ever had was after playing final fantasy 7 for over 100 hours (not including time it took to get to the end of the game) I spend this time collecting the ultimate weapons geting gold chocobo, and tge knights of the round materia. then leveling every character up to 99 and leveling every materia so everyone has 4 cut and knight of the round at max.
After this I went and beat Ruby weapon and emerald weapon (without the materia that means you dont have a time limit)

This is a tough one, but I suppose one moment that will forever stick out in my memories is the first time I beat Emerald Weapon in Final Fantasy VII. I remember being at my mate’s house when I was about 13 or 14 years old when it happened. We were both huge FF fans and would always play them at weekends. But the moment I beat Emerald is something I’ll never forget. The second it started flashing red and faded off the battle screen I was ecstatic and couldn’t quite believe I’d killed it! Definitely one of the most fun memories I have from all my years of playing games.

uncleniccius 20 January, 2013 @ 3:55 pm   129

My proudest gaming moment is joint between my double platinum on Motorstorm RC and another fantastic Motorstorm RC. I was loving the game, but never thought I would get the platinum, it took a day or so of playing it near non stop to achieve, and I cheered like a little girl.
The other moment is the fact that I am number one in the world on one of the Motorstorm tracks. My brother and I had a competition on this track, and we got so competitive that we beat the next best score by quite a way. That was in August, and I still haven’t been beaten!

neutronbomb 20 January, 2013 @ 3:56 pm   130

My most recent platinum was Skyrim, but my greatest achievement in gaming was platinum on sly cooper 1. It was an easy one, but it was my first one, so it felt great and made me want to get some more.

My biggest achievement was crashing my opponent in Burnout Paradise.
I have always been a pc gamer but got fed u with buying a new system every few years to find out it’s outdated after just a few months. So I was terrible at using the controller of my ps3 for the first time. I also never ever played a race game. But by pure luck I smashed the car next to me and got a picture of the guy’s face. Best use of the camera ever and it fell awesome!
Thank god I got used quick to the controller and platinumed the game.

Heellara 20 January, 2013 @ 5:40 pm   132

It would be finishing Flashback on SNES when I was about 10 years old. I didn’t speak English and it was a frightening game for a little child, but I was so captivated by the intro and the setting that I really wanted to finish it.

Each time I would finish a level I would write down the code as fast as I could because I was afraid it would dissapear quickly. And I was always trying to explain what was going on, even though I couldn’t understand the Sci-fi plot. Whenever I saw a new character in my screen I would shoot at him and even if he was a friendly NPC, I wouldn’t believe it – I was afraid that everyone was against me.

After about 1 year of playing I finally got to the final level, which back then I thought was like being inside the stomach of someone (turns out it was just the aliens’ planet) and started fighting those aliens which where much worse than the human enemies. Still, I braced myself and cleared the game and felt very proud while watching the last cutscene.

Today I would finish the game easily. I am a good player, I have a few “difficult” Platinum trophies (eg Vanquish) but today I can also grab that jar of marmelade on the top shelf. When I was 10 I couldn’t, however I finished Flashback.

I’m a traditionel RPG player. Strategy, FPS, action and adventures like Uncharted and Lara Croft never ever crossed my mind. Not even sports and racing games. Then I saw Shadow of the Colossus in the stores. Kids was playing it on the demo PS2 that was put up in the store. The game is so beautyful. It’s not RPG but pure action adventure. At that time I didn’t own a PS2. But I just had to play it. I worked and didn’t buy anything for two whole months just to be able to buy a PS2 with SotC. When I finally had it I played for days. My whole family watched when I took down the final boss, and then climb up the castle to the secret garden. That was my proudest moment. Today I have a PS3 and a proud owner of SotC HD. It’s not RPG but it’s a game that I can always return to. And every time I play it, it always feels new but familiar somehow, and it just feels good.

Tecnoboy1 20 January, 2013 @ 6:06 pm   134

Wooden Dream.

678 unique players an counting, I’ve never been so proud of something I made in a day. :P

wanderly7 20 January, 2013 @ 6:32 pm   135

Beating Catherine for the first time :) I cannot describe my satisfaction at that moment, I had been playing that game since last year and finally BEAT IT!! OK I had been playing on Easy, but it was my first time :P

mine would easily be grand theft auto san andreas, it was back n the days as a kid when i had very few games to play/afford so i tended to play gta as not only was it a great game. it was amazingly long/huge for its time. and for that reason i spent many weeks if not months climbing the percentage completion bar all the way to 100%. and right then i felt truly satisifed, i played it a little longer to use the things i unlocked. then happily took the game out of the ps2 and sat it on the shelf

Completing BioShock rescuing all of the little sisters getting the good ending on my first playthrough, awesome achievement knowing you made the right choices… not that I could ever bring myself to harvest one of them!
Platinum trophy wise 1st one felt pretty bloody good! was Final Fantasy XIII.

My proudest gaming achievement is to get the Gold Standard trophy in Gran Turismo 5, which then lead to the platinum. The Red Bull events was so hard, especially the one on Suzuka.

kaisersalsek 20 January, 2013 @ 7:32 pm   139

beating a pro gamer on kid icarus, showing girls really can game just as well as the boys! I was so happy! if that wasn’t enough, i entered a later kid icarus competition and made it through to the all expenses paid london uk grand final! didn’t win, but i was so proud of what i had achieved, not only for myself, but for girl gamers everywhere! now… lets hope a similar competition is held in the uk for the vita!

My proudest achievement so far is my Resistance 2 platinum trophy :)

The reason is that in general, I’m not exactly a shooter-fan. It’s not like I don;t line them, I do, but not to the point that it’s the only genre of games that I would play. that said, getting this trophy required a lot of time and patience from me.

One of the main achievements to get it was scoring 10,000 kills in competitive multiplayer games. The co-op trophies were also a grind and as if it wasn’t enough… right in the middle of getting this trophy… the PSN was suffering from “the big outage” so I had to take a break, but I’ve made it after all :)

S-o-h-a-i-l 20 January, 2013 @ 11:26 pm   141

Biggest acheivement in gaming was converting my gaming free fiancé into a hardcore fanatic. Now my life partner is exactly that – my partner through every aspects of my life, gaming included.

Having a blast with Playstation All Stars right now, she loves kicking my butt with Fat Princess.

ima buy that game on vita

My proudest gaming achievement is getting my nephew into gaming, it makes you so proud to see the next generation of gamers getting into gaming :D especially since they have joined the playstation family!

Tangerineroach 21 January, 2013 @ 1:47 am   144

I was very proud of finishing Metal Gear Solid 2 with no deaths, no kills and no alarms.

The funny thing is, the hardest sequence in the whole playthrough was… how do I call that? “Not-slipping-on-seagull-droppings-and-falling-to-death-while-walking-on-that-narrow-pipe”?

Xx_MUJ35T1C_xX 21 January, 2013 @ 4:00 am   145

Defeating Enou in Final Fantasy V Advance

chrisboers 21 January, 2013 @ 8:41 am   146

I’m not sure this counts, but I am actually planning my greatest gaming achievement for next week! Until now I have accumulated 1990 trophies since they were introduced, so I am planning my 2000th to be a big one. Following up on my newyear’s resolution (see the weekend debate last week), I am only playing one game a month, and this month that is Mass Effect 3.
For my 2000 trophy, I am aiming for the platinum one for Mass Effect 3. I am currently 2/3 through my ‘Insanity’ run, so I should be able to finish that run somewhere this week. Then I have to so some mopping up (especially the hijacking of the Atlas), and that shiny trophy will be mine!
It will be extra special, as I normally don’t play for trophies. But with playing a game for the entire month, I now have the time to fully appreciate the game, even the (excellent!) Multiplayer.

So, next week I hope to be able to brag with an excellent, 2000th Platinum colored trophy. That will be my proudest achievement for sure!

locus2k1 21 January, 2013 @ 9:42 am   147

I’m probably to late to enter this, but would still like to add my input: my proudest trophy moment has got to be my Platinum on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker – not only was it a spree of trophies (All Extra Missions Complete, All Extras A Ranked, All Extras S Ranked, “Big Boss”, “Monster Hunter”, and the Platinum Trophy all in one go) but the final mission was done with no “armor”. We also recorded the achievement and put it on YouTube :)

Leewom69 21 January, 2013 @ 1:50 pm   148

Forgot to come back and paste this…

One of my fondest achievement ‘achievements’ would have to be getting little Gnome Chompski to rocket in Half Life 2 Episode 2.

I had read of the achievement before playing through the game, so as soon as I saw him I grabbed him and of we
went…

Little did I know that what was to follow would be a test of patience (wedging him into the buggy – losing him at high speed to a mixture of a superb physics engine and driving mishaps, to actually leaving him by mistake at one point and worrying I couldn’t get back to him) but ultimately elation and joy as I packed him into the rocket and sent him skyward to the joyous ring of the 360′s kerplink…

I think most of all I’m just proud to be a gamer and have a passion for it.

Dante_Zero 21 January, 2013 @ 6:14 pm   149

No one won a prize this week because lets face it the debate was so awesome everyone’s a winner here. :)

won2winit 21 January, 2013 @ 6:50 pm   150

My greatest gaming achievement comes in two parts:
1) Convincing my wife a PS+ subscription was the ideal Fathers day present, no more rubbish gifts for me folks.
2) Convincing my wife to buy me a PS Vita for my birthday so I could benefit from the free games again from my PS+ subscription
Win/Win

Solid_Snake1987 21 January, 2013 @ 7:40 pm   151

I find it hard to say what my proudest gaming achievement is.

Gaming since the age of 2 I usually say, especially when you consider in those days games came on tapes and had to have code typed in to run. I think I learnt to read just so I could play games!

In terms of actual games themselves I think finishing all the early Sonic games without losing a life, with all the emeralds ranks up there. I even managed to do Sonic 1 without getting hit once, after a lot of practice I must admit. Even harder when there weren’t save states back then.

As for trophies I think getting the Wipeout HD platinum is my proudest trophy. It’s a game I refused to give in to, even when it felt damn near impossible (Zone Zeus and Beat Zico I think are the reason why I’m going prematurely grey!) and after 3 years, 5 months (and two PS3s) I managed to do it.

Now I just need Wipeout 2048 and another 3 years of my life…

milnerant 22 January, 2013 @ 9:37 am   152

Mine has to be whilst playing a Girls vs Boys event on Killzone 2.

I joined the game about 1/3 the way through & we were losing. During this crucial moment I had completely forgotten my dinner was in the oven & the tinger was about to ping. Because I was rather hungry too, which is also very important in gaming, I had to quickly plate my dinner whilst trying to remain active in the game. Luckily for me I was chosen as the assassination target, which meant I got to hide & remain protected by my team mates. This gave me prime opportunity to shove a lot of my dinner in my mouth…

However, the score was even stevens. The last part of the game was search & retrieve, something I am particularly skilled at. Armed with a grenade launcher & boost perk, I decided I was gonna do this for our team! We don’t lose, especially against girls!! :P I ditched my dinner & retrieved all 3 packages.

Considering I was very drunk at the time too & could hardly focus on the TV, I will always remember this match both for it’s intensity & hilarity.

TINTINTB303 22 January, 2013 @ 10:11 am   153

I thing tycho2′s comment(44) should be taken down purely down to the fact that mentioning the old BBC computers has just made me feel very very old and way before mt time I hasten to add ;-)

Congrats to all the winners!!

All great comments IMO :-)

TINTINTB303 22 January, 2013 @ 10:11 am   154

I *think

anunnakid 22 January, 2013 @ 10:16 am   155

platinum on Far cry 3. It’s hard.

TINTINTB303 22 January, 2013 @ 11:04 am   156

@anunnakid

I have to disagree there buddy.

I am 3 (co-op) trophies off from getting the Far Cry 3 Platinum.

You get most of the trophies by just playing the game to be honest.

The only mildly awkward one was “They Didn’t See It Coming” but all you do is line a pirate up under a zipwire using the throwing stones technique. When in place jump on the zipwire and jump off when above the pirate.

Job done! ;-)

*just make sure you have death from above unlocked on your skill tree first.

Surprisingly easy Platinum IMHO and I am far from being an avid Platinum trophy hunter. I only have (3) the Sly 1 & 2 plus the Heavy Rain Plats.

Far Cry just takes a bit of time to get but all in all it’s a pretty easy task to get that Far Cry 3 Platinum. :-)

FC3 will only be my 4th Platinum :-D

hundrasjuttio 22 January, 2013 @ 11:07 am   157

My proudest moment was way back, before I moved from home and we used to gather together and play 4-player split screen on the Ps2. After a lengthy session of Dead or Alive 2 it took us quite a while to untangle the controller cords.

However, the game was Timespltters, 4-player, team death match, us vs 10 hardest Duckman npc, Bank map, kills-losses scoring (kill=+1, death=-1). I remember we had been playing for quite a while and I was on such a streak that I got surprise that the game didn’t end long ago, so I asked around. My gunmen all told me they were doing fine so I just kept on owning those ducks. The limit was 100 points, which equals 25 more kills than losses for each member of our squad.
Well, when the smoke finally settled, and we had won, I curiously reviewed the scoreboard and found that everyone but me had contributed negatively (more death than kills), and I was the sole reason that we had won the game!

I had walked through a sea of duck, and had come out victorious. At that point I truly felt like a gunslinger! ;D

Thanks for including the post numbers in the post Fred

Cavalieroscuro 22 January, 2013 @ 11:41 am   159

Well, my proudest achievements are two.
The first is Castle Guide for Ico (I obtained the Platinum too, but other trophies are easy): beating the game under two hours is insanely hard, because the game counts the time for the last cutscene, that is about ten minutes.
Excluding that, by the way, is very hard to pass flawlessy all the section of the game, becaus you must leave Yorda behind you and act very fast.
The second one is Meticulous Collector from Shadow of the Colossus (I have the platinum on this too): the HD version screwed up some fights, like the one with the third colossus, so beat him under the spare time is very difficult.
I managed to beat him after one whole week, it was hard but hey, I did it :)

TINTINTB303 22 January, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   160

I forgot to mention that the numbering of the winning comments works just fine. :-)

Cheers for the reminder Mik (again) ;-)

BluSpykz 22 January, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   161

Some great answers. And thanks! No idea how to check for PM’s! Best get onto that.

My proudest one would have to be finishing Cubixx HD getting all the platinums trophy or getting all 284 medals of Alien Zombie Megadeath, that was some feat.

Imo I think proudest evolve through time, I am still proud to be the only one to have done all 3 modes of Super Stacker Party Deluxe but what the game give me was a response that the game cannot be 100%, and at the moment they can’t provide help regarding that matter, inXile entertainment is busy with Wasteland2 and they subsidiary sparkworkz also.

So no deal for me I’ll be sticking at 71%.

TINTINTB303 22 January, 2013 @ 12:33 pm   163

@ BluSpykz

Go to the PS EU forum and sign in.

You should see an envelope type icon that takes you to your messages.

Hope that helps :-)

Hamster8U 22 January, 2013 @ 12:45 pm   164

My proudest gaming achievement has to be convincing myself that I was perfectly happy with my XBox & that I would never buy a PS3! This went on for about 2 years until my cousin showed me the wonder that is Little Big Planet. The rest is history. Thankyou Sackboy for making me see the light.

BluSpykz 22 January, 2013 @ 12:54 pm   165

Thanks TinTin, it did :)

Strangeheaven 22 January, 2013 @ 1:42 pm   166

Completing Dead Space & Resident Evil 4 with 100% trophies.

Would love to collect all the trophies for Red Dead Redemption, I have 27/91 trophies.

Zajebiste 22 January, 2013 @ 1:49 pm   167

I remember being bored the month god of war 2 came out, after beating it on hardest difficulty I was left with nothing to play, I decided to try a game I never heard of before that’s when i picked Yakuza, both first and second game it was the most magical weekend of my life beating up hoodlums, saving salary men while walking around in a realistic representation of one of the Tokyo districts it left me wanting more. Ill never forget that weekend at the end when I had 100% saves on both Yakuzas I felt like i could beat anyone that stood in my way kind of silly but till this day I’m still trying to recapture that moment.

monoliet 22 January, 2013 @ 4:16 pm   168

play 2 x 24 hr then fall a sleep tinking = only 1 min i tink i have close mi eyes , but i then see = 10 hr after .

Klunk234 22 January, 2013 @ 4:44 pm   169

Getting Plat on LBP 2 I suppose, the 1440 Minutes of Create trophy takes a while to get. :’)

Ok I’ll reiterate mylast post, my proudest gaming achievement is to have fully understood that gaming is not about trophying because since I joined ps3 that has been my goal when I get platinum on Cubixx HD or got 284 medals on Alien Zombie Megadeath, it’s just about having fun.

I don’t care about anymore trophying if I can get those that’s ok if not no harm taken, I say this because Super Stacker Party Deluxe will never be done at 100% since inXile Entertainment talked to me and said that the game is not allowing that, so I will say at 71%, and who cares, basically the only ppl reading these will be me, I just thought on leaving this here.

Good luck fellas on your trophy hunting I will be having fun instead

EternalChaos72 22 January, 2013 @ 6:09 pm   171

my proudest acheivement

getting the mirors edge platinum goodness that platinum is the hardest trophy i got. the speedruns and the time trials are so hard you will pull your hair out. but iwas simply too determined. and once i earned the platinum, i went straight on the vodka to celebrate. currently have 110 platinum trophies. and should ave the borderlands 2 platinum eithier tonight or tomorrow.

All friend requests welcome :)

zzzSINANzzz 22 January, 2013 @ 6:10 pm   172

Unlocking Tofu in Resident Evil 2. Takes a lot of dedication to achieve it. :D

Demonicspawn 23 January, 2013 @ 1:01 am   173

My favourite trophy recently was when I got my first platinum trophy on my ps vita on Resistance it was cool to think that hopefully it will be the first of many to come.

Timberman80 25 January, 2013 @ 1:55 pm   174

A bit late to the party, but my proud “Achievement” moment will go to Persona 4 Golden.

Being one of the lucky importers of Solid Gold Edition, been playing only that since I received it back in early Desember.

Have clocked in about 170 Hrs on this so far, and the Plat is getting closer and closer. Got the infamous Rise trophy earlier today :)

All of you waiting for this, you are in for a superb treat, highly reccomended :D