Posted 2:30pm

Six weeks of free PlayStation Mobile gaming (update)

PlayStation Mobile

UPDATE: We hope you enjoyed Samurai Beatdown from last week’s offer!

This week’s complimentary title is rhythm puzzler Beats Slider. Master the puzzle gameplay, create catchy electro tunes and compete for the best times online! See the PlayStation Blog launch post from developer Futurlab for a closer look.

BeatsSlider 10BeatsSlider 02

ORIGINAL POST ON THE 16th JAN: Are you looking for some fun games to help you banish those January blues? Then why not brighten your morning with this great offer: starting today, we’ll be offering you one free PlayStation Mobile game every seven days for the next six weeks.

Last week’s offer was: The first title is Samurai Beatdown, a colourful 2D rhythm action brawler in which you defend yourself by tapping in time to the music.

Head over to PlayStation Store for PlayStation Mobile to download it now to your PlayStation Vita or PlayStation Certified device, and come back to the Blog next Wednesday to find out which game will be up for grabs next.

For the uninitiated, PlayStation Mobile is packed with an ever-expanding selection of new games at a snackable price. It’s perfect for discovering new titles you can enjoy wherever you are.

You’ll find available titles in the PlayStation Mobile area of PlayStation Store on your PlayStation Vita system.

vita psm

Alternatively, if you’ve got a PlayStation Certified device - currently Sony smartphones, Sony tablets and HTC Android mobile devices – you can get them by downloading and installing the PlayStation Mobile for Android app. Visit our download hub to install PlayStation Mobile for Android and start playing now.

psm app

PlayStation Mobile is currently available in Japan, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Australia.

We’re sorry that PlayStation Mobile isn’t available yet in some countries and we are working hard to expand the service. We’ll keep you posted right here at PlayStation Blog as soon as we’ve got more news to share.

To find out more information about PlayStation Mobile, visit http://eu.playstation.com/playstation-mobile/

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

45 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

nice to see some contry have more support

i hope when u lounch other places we also getting Six weeks of free PlayStation Mobile !!!! not fair we need to wait but even lesser fair = no promotion when we are getting .

u nowh lots peopel are tired of u excuses europe = biggest markt to sony , but lots of europe contry left in the cold on lots of u service :(

Mayumi Donovan 23 January, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

Sorry but I have to repeat the say response. We will let you know as soon as we have any news on further roll out details

Nightmare966 23 January, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   2

I log in today in my Vita, get to the PSM section, want to grab the free game and think… Wait, that’s not the one they told us last week…

So yeah, late for the first one, added this to the Download list. Looks interesting, I’ll make sure to download it on my phone later :D

Lord_Gremlin 23 January, 2013 @ 2:47 pm   3

Too bad you can count the counties it’s available in by fingers of a blind butcher.

Thanks for nothing, Sony!

dylanwiggan 23 January, 2013 @ 2:51 pm   5

thanks sony!

But any word on trophies for PSM?

I prob wont be playing until then

Silent_Gig 23 January, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   6

Brilliant! I had tons of fun with Samurai Beatdown.

A thank you to Sony and to the developers. Wish you’d continue with this all year long! :D

And there went 1 free game for us who don’t have PSM….

Hurry up and expand the service!! It’s pretty sad how slow this process is going.

Oh, and maybe you should format the post differently as I had trouble figuring out what the new game is. The new one should be highlighted somehow. As it is now, Samurai Beatdown takes too much of the page (without even being available anymore).

Mayumi Donovan 23 January, 2013 @ 3:59 pm

Thank you for your comments. I will look into this and improve on the next post.

Grimm-Preacher 23 January, 2013 @ 3:04 pm   10

Just here to ask Sony to please expand their PSM service to South Africa! Just give us any answer plz.

How nice if the greater part of Europe had access to this service.
UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain isn’t Europa, there are more countries like Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Croatia, Iceland, Montenegro,
Serbia, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo.

Maybe there population number is not the size of current supported number. But you call yourself Play station EU, then act that way and give the rest of Europe access to Play station mobile and video unlimited.

kivi95
on ps3
psn store = desaster ( onli better update hour )
psm = no where to found
no netflix
no facebook
no gmail
no u tube
no psm
stil NO SINGSPAM REMOVE ( only ting i not want u are forcing us to take )

them realy want me to stay on sony next gen ????
also 1 ting u are scared to let ms. go first on new gen anouncment ( howh inmature of sony ).

bennyrafal 23 January, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   13

nothing starts in Poland ;)

Martingutten 23 January, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   14

“UPDATE: We hope you enjoyed Samurai Beatdown from last week’s offer!”
No, I did not. Would have, if I could, but no, I DID NOT.

Why are the PSM games still not available via web store (despite you LINKING to it actually in the original post) or even PS3 store?? I’ve missed on the first free game due to the fact my Vita was on another PSN account past week and your idiotic aproach to “swapping” account on Vita is not really helping with this. Also – when do you plan to start supporting some REAL tablets and mobile phones? And DON’T link us again to that useless Device compatibility list which has not change a single bit since originally published.

You’re presenting PSM as “available” on (non-existent) devices in handfull of the countries. “Great” business plan really.

European_Gamer 23 January, 2013 @ 3:25 pm   16

I do own a PlayStation certified mobile (Xperia V), but “this service is not available in” my country.

I assume that when PlayStation Mobile goes live in the rest of Europe (in 2019, based on the Video Store) we’ll be getting these titles for free as well?

I understand that everyone wants the same level of service, but are you guys seriously so desperate to play PSM games?

I played both, Samurai Beatdown and Beats Slider. Trust me, you wouldn’t bother playing them more than once. At least not when you bought your Vita not with the intention to use it for games that you could get on any Smartphone.

It’s similar to those old Mini titles, only “OMGZ” made me play it more than once. Grabed yesterday those 4 free Minis via Sony’s Facebook site and just Canabalt seems to be halfway decent, though no contest for a game like BIT.TRIP RUNNER.

Btw @SCEE, how about a BIT.TRIP RUNNER port for the Vita?

AeonsDead 23 January, 2013 @ 3:58 pm   19

@Golwar, thanks for the headsup on the 4 free mini’s on Facebook. Velocity is one of them which is, from what i’ve heard, one of the best mini’s out.

chrisboers 23 January, 2013 @ 4:01 pm   20

@19: Velocity is by far the best mini out there. it should never have been marketed as a mini, but as a full (lovw priced) PSN game.

Mr_Pickle 23 January, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   21

BIT.TRIP RUNNER port for the Vita would be cool.

Looks like a great service, think about adding iOS support

error 8008103E on Xperia P when i open PSM. Any suggestions Mayumi?

you guys are incompetent in Sony EU, really!!

Tsubaki_14 23 January, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   25

Is the PS mobile store accessible if you have a PSN account with one of those countries? I have a US account but I tried logging in once wouldn’t let me. Does it recognize my own area or is it accessible as long as the account is in that region? At least let it be that way if we can’t have our own store!

aaronandholly 23 January, 2013 @ 4:58 pm   26

i have the experia play mobile the PSM worked i downloaded a free game and it shutdown and crashed unexpectably and now psm wont open

Dear Sony,

I got my PlayStation VITA this week,
it’s a great handheld and all but wouldn’t it be great if I could
have PSM on my VITA and get free games?

If this service launches later than the 6 weeks of free games than I will NEVER use PSM if it releases, unless you give the other countries who didn’t had the free games, the same games too, FREE!

-deurces

Sry becouse the support in the EU i’ll never gona buy a another sony product. I feel like livin on Mars

Gammelprut 23 January, 2013 @ 5:55 pm   29

So how about you guys expand these features?
I don’t want to sound like your average spoiler consumer but it really sucks that the US gets everything first and *when*/*if* we get the same as them they have it better, I mean look at PlaystationPlus…

And now this, I don’t have t his service here in Denmark and we *never* got the Comic service either, this is ridiculous!

Carnibeetle56 23 January, 2013 @ 5:59 pm   30

Í just want PSM and youtube app nothing more… i pay for the system sony… help me…

VitalogyPJ 23 January, 2013 @ 6:16 pm   31

Another freebie for brits and aussies to enjoy yay. As for the rest, apparently we’re not part of Europe.

Sony, just change the damn SCEE to SCEUK once and for all, for god sake.

Personally I think if you don’t moan on every PSM post about when you’ll get it, you’ll be rewarded but I guess its not really your fault for living somewhere where some services are unavailable.

@32 – You shouldn’t be a selfish person telling us to stop complaining, we are missing out on FREE PSM GAMES! This is so discriminating of SONY. A good company would announce such thing when everyone has the service not when 5% of the world has it.
But well, what do I have to say, I wouldn’t bother too if I were you.
You get the support of your life.

What a shame no PS mobile in NZ = no free games for me and no money from me to buy other mobile games..

Project2insanity 23 January, 2013 @ 7:50 pm   35

@deurces; “A good company would announce such thing when everyone has the service”? Do you realise the number of services that don’t go international and the amount which are limited if they do?

I have nothing against people requesting these services but does it really warrant a ‘complaint’? Businesses need to be careful to ensure there’s sufficient demand before launching, especially in the current financial climate.

Whatever your opinion, look on the bright side- you’re likely healthier where you are than if you lived here.
^^

I’ll just keep complaining with every PSMobile post that is made, that the number of countries that PSM is released is pathetic looking at Europe in total.

My country, the Netherlands is excluded.

PSVita started off great, but I’m starting to become less and less happy how SCEE handles stuff for my new gaming device. I am a launch buyer and lately its starting to become pathetic. SCEA had some great Xmas sales for PSVita besides stuff like this, SCEE is waiting 2 months and counting to counteract (its said some sale comes ‘soon’, but 2 months of waiting is long for a platform that isn’t getting the hardware unit sales that was expected). And the 3 week straight holiday SCEE took over Xmas, while SCEA was still doing weekly updates (even got their updates on Mondays as the Tuesdays were Xmas day and a New Years day).

And this PSMobile non availability in many EU countries on top.

GET ON IT SONY. Your most die hard fans are treated in EU start to feel treated like 2nd place customers compared to USA and even UK.

How about bringing PlayStation Mobile to other countries too?

Weeman79021 24 January, 2013 @ 4:50 pm   38

can you get it on your psp

WilliamBirkin 24 January, 2013 @ 5:10 pm   39

For Sony UK is THE EU contry.

Start a blog for UK people. 80% of europe cant even access this PSM at all.

Adios

VitalogyPJ 24 January, 2013 @ 5:41 pm   40

@#36 You’re absolutely right TheMART, and I’ve been saying the same for years, not just now.

And I really don’t like some (because not all are like that) uk gamers to come here with their bs deffending sony. Seriously I would love to see you not having anything and the rest of EU getting all, then I would like to see you deffending sony. Geez.

Instead of licking a$$ you should, as a gamer, actually stand for the rest of us and even though you have access to all you should be deffending equal rights.

If it wasn’t for the trouble I would migrate all my SEN friends to my US account and stop using the EU account.

scee is full of incompetents and then they act like little kids on school blaming everything else but them. They blame google for the youtube app, and so on.

Sick of this, playstation lives because of EU, not US or JP, just need to look at NDP charts to figure that out, but EU is not uk alone, it’s 47 independent countries, 47 sony.

Poland ???

Please make the service come to Denmark i have both PSvita and Sony Xperia S

Timberman80 25 January, 2013 @ 1:51 pm   43

Please release PS Mobile to the rest of the EU (and Norway as well).

AeonsDead 25 January, 2013 @ 5:06 pm   44

It seems to me that SCEE are dangerously under staffed, you guys just don’t get enough stuff done.

How do i contact your bosses to tell them you need more personnel at SCEE? Compared to SCEA for example, how many people do you have working the online content or taking complaints, by the sound of 36, not as much as SCEA.

Toothball 26 January, 2013 @ 2:17 pm   45

@abzdine

Xperia P isn’t on the list of supported devices. I have one too and was a little surprised to see it wasn’t on there. Hopefully they’ll get it certified before long as it’s a great handset otherwise.