Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:00pm

PlayStation Plus: Your February content

sleepingdogs_PS Plus Update

Hi everyone! It’s been a little while since the last update but we’re really excited about the year ahead for PlayStation Plus as we strive to bring you great content and fantastic discounts on a range of games and services.

There are three new PS3 games and two for PS Vita in the line-up for February, as well as awesome titles such as Guardians of Middle Earth, Mortal Kombat and Jet Set Radio that are already available right now! So, without further ado…

New PlayStation 3 content
We’re very happy to announce that from 6th February for one month, you can download the awesome Sleeping Dogs.

This action adventure game from our friends at Square Enix takes you deep into the violent criminal underworld of vibrant, neon-lit Hong Kong. You’ll assume the role of Wie Shen, an undercover cop looking to take down the Triads from the inside. You’ll have to prove yourself worthy as you fight your way up the organisation, taking part in brutal criminal activities without blowing your cover.

Critics worldwide agree it’s a top-tier open-world action title – make sure you grab this while it’s available!

Your second addition to the Instant Game Collection is the extremely fun F1 Race Stars from Codemasters. The Plus service has been a little shooter-heavy over the last couple of months so in the interest of diversity why not kick back, relax, get some friends round and have a good time with this addictive multiplayer racer.

Your final PS3 addition this month is ingenious first person puzzler Quantum Conundrum, designed by Kim Swift – one of the creators of Valve’s classic brain-teaser Portal.

Quantum Conundrum sends you on a quest of inter-dimensional problem-solving to rescue your mad-scientist uncle, who’s gone missing somewhere in his labyrinthine mansion. The professor’s latest invention, the Inter-Dimensional Shift Device (or ISD), should prove quite useful in navigating the obstacles in each room – such as death lasers and pools of skin-melting “science juice.” Gulp.

New PS Vita content
First up for PS Vita on 13th February is the oft-requested WipEout 2048. Reborn for PS Vita to take advantage of the system’s unique features and dazzling OLED screen you can race up to eight players simultaneously online and compete for first place on the global leaderboards.

Next up, on 20th February, is an incredibly addictive game from our friends at Ubisoft. Lumines: Electronic Symphony is the first PS Vita outing for this popular franchise, bringing together block-dropping puzzle action with an all-new 3D graphics engine and some of the biggest electronic music artists around.

As usual, over the coming weeks you can also expect exclusive PS Plus discounts on lots of other titles, including Just Cause 1 and 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the Dust 514 Mercenary Pack and Alien Breed Trilogy. We’ll update you on these offers and more in the weekly Store posts. Also, Plus members will have access to an exclusive theme for Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch from 30th January.

On top of all that, I’m very pleased to announce that as of 6th February we will once again be bringing you a fantastic discount on the 90 day membership for PlayStation Plus. For two whole weeks you’ll be able to get over 30% off the regular price – that’s €9.99/£7.99, reduced from €14.99/£11.99. A bargain, no?

In summary

Leaving the Plus Service in February:
6th February: BioShock 2
6th February: Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
6th February: Cubixx HD
13th February: Jet Set Radio
20th February: Pinball Arcade

Entering the Plus Service in February:
6th February: Sleeping Dogs
6th February: Quantum Conundrum
6th February: F1 Race Stars
13th February: WipEout 2048
20th February: Lumines Electronic Symphony

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about the Instant Game Collection, which gives members access to at least 14 games at any one time and over 65 games across the course of a 12 month subscription – all for a one-off payment of just £39.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

489 Comments 60 Author replies
Show oldest first

Thank You Sony!

AbandonedTrolley 28 January, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   2

So GAF was right in it’s leak….

Happy with these although have both Vita games already, WipEout on digital and Lumines on cart.

almighty-slayer 28 January, 2013 @ 1:03 pm   3

Great update. Look forward to playing Sleeping Dogs and Lumines. Been waiting to play Lumines for ages!

Giving away Sleeping Dogs so soon after a big sale (just before Xmas) might be a bit soon though. I would be a bit annoyed if i’d bought it.

liamlangan 28 January, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   4

SLEEPING DOGS!!!! I take back anything bad I might have ever said about SCEE, Nice one guys!

ImperatorA3 28 January, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   5

Nice! Keep it up!

Best ps+ month ever.

blackmamba707 28 January, 2013 @ 1:05 pm   7

amazing update yet again! haven’t played Sleeping Dogs yet, can’t wait for this one

for next months I’d love to see games like Enslaved, Shadows of the Damned, something like that

F1 race stars, got it already but great little game for those lucky enough not to buy it on release. Hopefully may come with some DLC.

Chris Howe 28 January, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

Yeah it’s a really fun game, great for playing with friends. We are wokring on trying to get some discounts on the DLC will keep you all posted

turbogeek421 28 January, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   9

Already played Lumines but everything else is new to me! Was thinking about getting Sleeping Dogs only last night! Playstation Plus is more than money well spent!

blade1003605 28 January, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   10

Yes! Finally Wipeout Vita on Plus. Special thanks for Sleeping Dogs!

tiago-kun 28 January, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   11

Wow, a stellar mix, not really a fan of racers, but I do love Wipeout (one of those strange exceptions).

Sleeping Dogs and Quantum Conundrum are awesome, and just when I thought it couldn’t get better, you throw Lumines in the mix, the whole reason I got a PSP years ago (that and the metal gears and few other games that would eventually come out).

I’m not sure what to think of F1 Race Stars, but even if I don’t like it, 4 out of 5 is an excellent offer. Thanks Chris!

Chris Howe 28 January, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

Glad that you like the update, definitely give F1 Race Stars a go, its really fun and it just adds a little variety to the Instant Game Collection :)

PARAN0ID_PANDA3 28 January, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   12

wow sleeping dogs and f1 stars must have not sold well to already be on plus even though i already completed it all im happy with is Quantum Conundrum

Chris Howe 28 January, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

We are happy with the sales of those titles – we just really like to please our Plus members :)

chrisboers 28 January, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   13

Epic update. Really pleased to see Lumines and Wipeout on the Vita. Oh, and Sleeping Dogs! Fortunately I’ve been able to not buy that one until now. F1 will please the little one, and Quantum Conundrum, well, I really don’t know that much about it. Will need to check that one out!
All in all, stellar work, which should keep me busy for at least another month! (Hello backlog!)

great month, thank you

kategorierna 28 January, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   15

Already own both the Vita games, but I’m happy everyone gets the chance to play two such excellent and essential games. Great choice of PS3 games as well! Keep up the good work!

almighty-slayer 28 January, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   16

Just a couple of suggestions for the next few months as i know you usually take notice :)

-Dead Island (Sequel coming soon so makes sense)
-Ninja Gaiden Plus (PSVita) (again, sequel coming soon)

Chris Howe 28 January, 2013 @ 1:33 pm

Noted…..I have thought about Dead Island but it was such a good title which came out quite a while ago so I assume a lot of you would have already completed it many times??….feedback from all welcome

Xandrilios 28 January, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   17

Awesome game for PS+! Kudos, just sucks I just bought during christmas xD But seriously, very nice!

I held off on buying Quantum Conundrum to get Rainbow moon instead and I never ended up picking up QC so I’m looking forward to that.
Been wanting Sleeping Dogs for a while too so it will be a fun months.

A

l

s

o

I

h

a

v

e

b

e

Nightmare966 28 January, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   19

WipEout, woohoooo!

And I love to be getting Sleeping Dogs, but I hope that it’s the only one in quite a time that was discounted not too long ago :/

Anyways, WipEout, yay…

Thanks Chris :)

Really Really Nice update…

Does Germany/Asutralia get Sleeping Dogs..? or is there a replacement game for them.?

doomsday619 28 January, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   21

Amazing update love PS+

nicolajNN 28 January, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   22

Great update! One thing though, wouldn’t it be possible for you, maybe starting in March, to have the Vita content update at the same time as the PS3 content?

Chris Howe 28 January, 2013 @ 1:36 pm

This will not be possible I am afraid due to the way the schedule is structuered. If you remember the VITA service launched on November 21st so we were not able to start at the beginning of the month

Rob_Velocity 28 January, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   23

Boom! Best update yet for the best service in gaming today.

Only problem I have now is that I have to buy a second Vita memory card!

Incredible update. PS Plus team is just amazing. Thanks guys, you’re the best !

Excellent month.

ShogunDarius 28 January, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   26

Great line up.

I have a technical question, I got arkham city on its release and got the catwoman dlc with it, I joined plus normally this month so i thought i’d add a digital version of AC to my acc in case i ever needed it, but for some reason my acc acts like i got the catwoman dlc this month (going by date purchased) rather than in 2011.

What’s Up? if my sub lapsed would my access to that dlc lapse too despite the fact I got it with the physical release back in 2011?

Chris Howe 28 January, 2013 @ 1:39 pm

I wouldn’t think that it would seeing as you got the catwoman DLC on release as well. If you purchased the DLC in 2011 then you should not lose it if your subscription lapsed but if you do experience this please let me know and we can look into it

Just finished Sleeping Dogs yesterday. So I am a little miffed with that.

It is still a good month overall.

wow outstanding selection with good variety. Can you let us know the game sizes please. Many thanks Chris & Sony

Great update as usual, PS+ is easily one of the best things to come from this generation of consoles.

At first, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. :D

A great month for all “plusers” out there, thank you so much.

Question: Is there any DLC included in any of the titles ?

Chris Howe 28 January, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

We are working on DLC discounts at the moment and I hope to be able to provide an update on this over the next couple of days, but at present no DLC comes free with the games above

thekiddfran 28 January, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   31

Incredible update! I will download and play every game! Well done PS+ team and Sony

Well happy about F1 race stars. Thanks for branching out from the usual shooters!

THANK YOU SONY YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly one of the best Plus months ever for me! Even if the NeoGaf PS+ thread did spoil the surprise. :P

DarkHeros09 28 January, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   35

Thank You So much, it’s gonna be a fantastic month< can't wait for Wipout.

irish-sid 28 January, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   36

I was gutted I missed out on sleeping dogs in the sale, so thanks, this is great! The puzzle game looks pretty good too, will def be giving that a go.
I have too much to play at the min, still have a back log of the lady couple of ps+ updates to get through.
Love ps+

Nightmare966 28 January, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   37

@Shogun: If for some reason you ever lost access to the Catwoman DLC, you have that nice Transaction History noting which code was used to redeem the DLC ;)

My purchase also included the DLC, but mine had the right (redeem) date on it.

Awesome! Yay Wipeout!

very happy with Feb update….plenty more free games :)

vonhammer 28 January, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   40

Good update :)

SiborgSimoSctlnd 28 January, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   41

Only one I don’t have on PS3 is F1. Need to stop buying so may games. At least I have stuff for when I get a Vita though.

Thanks, fellas.

Singularity_01 28 January, 2013 @ 1:15 pm   42

WOW!
PS+ is the best service

Games I allready own as usual. Sleeping Dogs I bought as little as 1 moth ago. A great game but Im tired of allways getting games at psn plus that I allready have.. Guess I have to stop buying games at all…. OR U guys at PSN blog could be better at telling us what we expect to get for free. As it is NOW I will never again buy a game from PSN since I never know if I will get it for free a moth or less later….

R_a_z_i_e_l 28 January, 2013 @ 1:15 pm   44

Couple Of Questions, Please Answer Any If You Can.

Do you know when Dokuro is coming to EU ?

Do you know when Ratchet And Clank FFA Is coming to the Vita ? I heard the blog mention the 29th but looks like its delayed again ?

Can you confirm the price of Sly Cooper 4 for PSN, Also the date of when the Demo will be available for Vita Owners ?

Is that February Vita Sale still happening if so could you give us any details ?

Much appreciated Thanks.

Chris Howe 28 January, 2013 @ 2:16 pm

Dokuro is coming to the EU this Wednesday

Ratchet and Clank FFA I believe will be Feb but a date has not been confirmed yet. There will be a blog post about it soon though.

Sly Cooper 4 – I have no news on this…sorry

The VITA sale is still happening…more details and title list early next week

Is there any chance to get Alien Breed Trilogy in PS Plus?

Chris Howe 28 January, 2013 @ 1:46 pm

It’s nto going into Plus anytime soon but as of 6th Feb it does have a 20% Plus discount available

johnnycide 28 January, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   46

Great news! I was expecting some games I already own, so I’m really happy with sleeping dogs. Quantum conundrum and f1 race stars should make my girlfriend happy too. This ps plus membership has paid for itself about five times over since December!

Mishimotsu 28 January, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   47

Wow really wanted Sleeping Dogs for a while but didn’t get it for Christmas and still have a bunch of games from Crimbo to complete before I was going to buy it myself… very nice addition that.

Was literally discussing Wipeout today and was saying how tempted I was to get it! So looking forward to that…

And the F1 game looks pretty neat, so why not.

Shame Dark/Demon’s Souls wasn’t included. Would be s superb way to promote interest in the games with the sequel in development.

Still looking forward to playing F1 Race Stars and Sleeping Dogs

Wow, very nice, US got Foosball, we get Sleeping Dogs.
We are rocking it – Comparison Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmRRDLosxQLIdGJmcVJudmxhSzhsb1hkX19ZRWMxS0E#gid=0

great month for content glad i never bought f1 all stars in the sale the only reason i never is because the plus discount was not showing.
already have sleeping dogs but im glad plus members get to play this amazing title.

great vita content also, the only small gripe i have is that the 2 main ps3 titles have recently been on sale and i thought this scenario was going to be avoided, it just puts me off buying content thats on sale as its bound to end up free.

but kudos great month