Posted 30 January

Defiance: release date and new live action trailer

Defiance

Today we’re proud to announce that Defiance, the upcoming massive online third person shooter in development at Trion Worlds, will be available at retail and live on PlayStation 3‘s everywhere on 2nd April.

In a mere matter of weeks, you and all your friends will be able to brave the wilds of the San Francisco Bay Area together, hunting down precious arktech, taking down mutants and alien monsters, and, battling with and against hundreds of other PlayStation players in arkfalls and Shadow Wars.

Earth isn’t a safe place anymore. After the terraforming and wars that followed the arrival of the alien Votans, it became a dangerous place, barely recognisable as the Earth we once knew.

As an Ark Hunter, you’ll have a special set of skills to give you a head start, but success certainly won’t be easy. Check out the live action trailer below for a snapshot of what it’s like to be an Ark Hunter in Defiance, and get an up-close-and-personal look at the kinds of challenges you’ll be up against.

Want to know more about Defiance? Check out our YouTube channel, Like us on Facebook, or shoot us a question on Twitter.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

13 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

Looks extremely interesting.

The “YouTube Channel” link at the bottom of the posts links to your Twitter account, not your YouTube account.

Other than that, I’m really looking forward to this one. I hope the beta extends to PS3 very soon!

dark_angel69 30 January, 2013 @ 5:33 pm   3

(part1)
Hello again Elizabeth

1st I just want to say big thanks to the team or whoever arranges the beta for getting me back into it again. I look forward to checking it out again and hope this time it will run more smoothly.

Second I was preparing a few things to ask since your last post in the US blog. I forgot now most of them but hopefully they will come back to me. I knew I should have written them down :(

One of the things I wanted to say was that I signed in as the wrong account that day by mistake so you wouldn’t have recognized it was me but anyway I was asking you about the limited editions and that the EU looks like they weren’t getting the same package due to the price difference and the retailers didn’t list everything the US has listed. Your reply was “We are working up a full blog post on all the editions so stay tuned for that.”

Elizabeth Tobey 30 January, 2013 @ 6:56 pm

We don’t have the blog post up but if you go to http://www.defiance.com/preorder you can see the basics. Not all preorders are up at retailers yet but the bones of those editions will be the same globally (a piece or two may be different.) Hoping to have it up on community.defiance.com next week!

dark_angel69 30 January, 2013 @ 5:34 pm   4

(part 2)
Would you be able to explain in this post what all we get in our editions or will we be expecting another post about them? If your able to answer here, will it be the same as the US or do we get a different package?

So far I have the ultimate edition pre-ordered as it has the season pass included (or so the US package says anyway). Could you tell us a bit more about the season pass?

please answer is this game p2p and how much if so but i really hope not because it dindnt work for dcuo i will still be making a purchase either way

Elizabeth Tobey 30 January, 2013 @ 6:57 pm

You buy the game and then after that there is no subscription: so for $60 you’ll have yourself a massive online shooter to play.

So will this be supported with free DLC?

Elizabeth Tobey 30 January, 2013 @ 7:19 pm

We will have regular content updates of a mixed variety. Definitely enough for you to get your fix even if all you pick up is the base game. There is also a Season Pass in one of our editions if you want to nab more from the get-go. We’ll have more info on that in the coming weeks, too!

on psn whe have no live buth psn network ( tanks a lot )

i love the way u do u job = 60€ then no monthly fee in online games = need to be standard + some dlc € some dlc free .

very sorry i can not buy every game , more in to rpg genre.

i cant wait for this now thanks for your feedback =]

kucharzPro 30 January, 2013 @ 10:00 pm   9

Hello sony, in the name of every ps3 skyrim owner, please hurry up with the certification of the patch and all the DLC’s, do not fall behind USA again, please !

Will there be a demo? I see is a beta but is PC only, and even if a PS3 beta it doesn’t mean I’d neccessarily gain entry to it.

Hard to justify buying another shooter without trying it first. By hard I mean I won’t, ever.

TehPhilosopher 31 January, 2013 @ 6:31 pm   11

So not only is this a full-priced game, but there’s also paid DLC already slated? Suspicious.

CharcoalDragon 2 February, 2013 @ 2:24 pm   12

I’m just playing Borderlands through for the first time atm. This game looks like a very big rip-off.

I think this is bening hella badly marketed. I mean I seem to remmeber vaguley hearing about a game where some of the actions that players do may be mentioned, and if some get super high scores they may get a cameo or something (how on earth this can work is beyond me o_O, unless they shoot some scenes a week before or use greenscreen I guess) can see that being heavily in favour of the USA, esp if the show can effect ingame missions/environments, and what if I dont get it on launch?
Also, I wasnt even sure what platform it was on, assumed it was PS3 exclusive, then Kylie mentioned PC, and the site says Xbox.
Not only this but a live action trailer? 0 interest in that, gameplay and demo, or go away.
So in short, whilst for all I know this could be a n epic game and wildly interesting, you have failed to spark my interest, try harder, PC only Betas are lame.
(wont be read or replied to by them, but still :O)