Posted 3:00pm

‘Heads-up’ PlayStation Store update, 30th January 2013

The combined talents of Studio Ghibli and Level-5 bring us the hugely anticipated Ni No Kuni this week (available Friday 1st February). Join young Oliver in this heart-warming tale as he makes new friends and allies in an attempt to save his mother.

BayonettaHero_PVWIMG

Bayonetta the mystery, she came along with a destiny. This is her life, a battlefield telling her who she is… Unleash brutal yet graceful attacks in this non-stop climax action title from the creative minds that brought you Devil May Cry.

crysis3_betascreen3_PVWIMG

If that’s not enough, EA’s Crysis 3 open beta will also be available this week, letting you experience the title’s unique sandbox multiplayer action before its official release in February 2013.

And still we’re not done! The good folks at Rockstar aim to please once more with another PlayStation 2 release – the great Grand Theft Auto: Vice City!

GTA_VC_Banner---SCEEBlog

Having just made it back onto the streets after a long stretch inside, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself.

PlayStation Network New Content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PS3 games

Bayonetta
Price: £11.99/€14.99
PEGI: 18

Disney Pixar Cars 2 Ultimate Edition
Price: £23.99/€29.99
PEGI: 7
Availability: Not available in Denmark, Finland, Germany, Kuwait, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Crysis 3 open beta
Price: Free
PEGI: 16
Availability: Available only on PS Plus for Germany. Available to all elsewhere.

Dead Or Alive 5 with Hotties Swimwear Set Bundle
Price: £36.99/€44.99
PEGI: 16
Availability: All

Hitman Trilogy HD (available from 1st February)
Price: £19.99/€29.99
PEGI: 18
Availability: All

Ni No Kuni – Wrath Of The White Witch (available from 1st February)
Price: £49.99/€59.99

Price: £7.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: UK, Ireland only

Dynasty Warriors 4
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine

Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 12

Dynasty Warriors 5
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxemboug, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Prices: Free

Max Payne 3

Prices: £7.29/€8.99

Resident Evil 6

Prices: £1.59/€1.99

Rock Band 3

Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rocksmith

Prices: £2.39/€2.99
Availability: Not available in Turkey

Skullgirls

Prices: £3.19/€3.99

Sleeping Dogs

Prices: £1.19/€1.49
Availability: Not available in Germany

Street Fighter X Tekken (Cross-Buy)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

299 Comments 33 Author replies
Show oldest first

Silent_Gig 30 January, 2013 @ 3:00 pm   1

Hey Jawad i hope youve had a good week so far.

Just bought Dokuro for the Vita and it says its the trial version :/ No trophies are synching either.

Same problem with Dokuro =/

No sales or discounts this week?

Jawad Ashraf 30 January, 2013 @ 3:12 pm

The Final Fantasy sale is still on for one more week. We’ll have more sales soon…

supersmith2500 30 January, 2013 @ 3:03 pm   4

Wait a sec, I thought the Hitman HD Trilogy was going to released today?

Will Okami HD or Angry Birds Trilogy ever have a discount? Ps Plus or not… Also, no Ps Plus discounts this update, huh?

Jawad Ashraf 30 January, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

Maybe in the future. Okami is worth every penny, personally speaking, though!

Carnivius_Prime 30 January, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   6

Hm, not one thing on that list appeals to me. Never mind. Can we please have Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition as a Plus freebie? Also someone mentioned original Amiga Alien Breed was getting a PSN release with online 2 player and trophies? Is this true and when would that be available cos I’d buy that instantly.

Also Rockstar seem to have almost all their PS2 games on PSN now… but still missing The Warriors. Although I would far prefer a HD remake of it.

TheKillerSnowman 30 January, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   7

Are we geting Some Aliens Games from the PSone and PS2 soon?????

MP_is_for_Chumps 30 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   8

Any update on the option to remove the Singstar spam on my XMB? Turning on my ps3 is becoming increasingly difficult because of having to see that unwanted trash every time i wanna play a game -___-

@ Jawad (comment 1/2):

Hi there! I’m back to annoy you once more… er, sorry. Four quick questions this time:

1) I’m here to ask about the classics I have requested last week, namely Crash Bash (SCEE/Universal/Eurocom), Chocobo Racing (Square-Enix), Hogs Of War (Infogrames, now Atari) and Destrega. I won’t ask again for the first Marvel Vs. Capcom due to the reasons behind the unlikeliness of its rerelease in PSOne form – I’d buy Marvel Vs Capcom 3 personally, but I need to get my hands on a PSVita first (and for a purchase as expensive as a new console, I need to either find a job or wait until next Christmas).

2) After completing the Spyro games, I wanted to “reward” SCEE’s efforts by actually purchasing a game for once, namely Megaman Maverick Hunter X – and I liked the demo for Megaman Powered Up, but due to the unavailability of physical copies, I need to ask: will it become available on the store one day?

(to be continued)

Jawad Ashraf 30 January, 2013 @ 3:18 pm

Hi,

1. There’s no update on any PSOne titles in the coming weeks. Third party titles (namely Square Enix) are not planned and I don’t see anything changing with that anytime soon.

Crash Bash is still hanging around in limbo…

2. If Capcom want to put it out there, I don’t see why not(and it all passes QA etc).

anabela1992 30 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   10

I have the same problem with Dokuro /:

Mojo__Man 30 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   11

Oh dear, pretty poor content this week then.

Well, I guess it’s hard to wow people every week.

Thank God for the Crysis 3 Beta, or it would be dire :-)

Jawad Ashraf 30 January, 2013 @ 3:19 pm

I know opinions are just that, but Ni No Kuni! Surely you guys are hyped about that?

AlexPSN89 30 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   12

@ Jawad (comment 2/2):

3) I guess the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD collection is a PS3 exclusive for the same reason KH1 and KH2 were PS2 exclusive – the numbered titles are under some kind of contract with Sony, right? I’m asking because I’d love the HD collection not to be limited to a Home Console release – much like how the MGS HD collection came out for the Vita, will the same happen for KH 1.5?

4) The last point isn’t even a question: I just want to thank you for what you’ve done so far, as you allow us to keep in touch with SCEE by providing feedback – mutual feedback, at that. Of course, so many commenters can’t be pleased at the same time – but you’re always here to assure us that every request is acknowledged by SCEE, and is eventually pleased. Right now, the Spyro games filled the void in my PSP, so I wanted to give you my congratulations about that. Cheers, buddy! :-D

Jawad Ashraf 30 January, 2013 @ 3:21 pm

3. I wouldn’t know the contract details and unfortunately wouldn’t even be able to talk of it even if I did. Whether they’ll get a Vita port is a mystery to me, too. Whether they’ll even get a western localisation is also a mystery…of sorts.

4. You’re welcome :)

mike20036 30 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   13

I’m getting the DmC Devil May Cry costume pack later on.

CoolRichy008UK 30 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   14

since im getting hitman HD collection tomorow i think next week il get gta 3 and vice city from ps store :D

What about Dead Space 3 preorder? The US store already has it since the 8th, will the game even be available to buy via the PSN store? A little clarification would be appreciated, i need to decide where to buy the game from!

Jawad Ashraf 30 January, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

At the moment we have no plans to put it up for pre-order but it will be available through PS Store.

sonofvenom 30 January, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   16

Good price for Hitman Trilogy, Skyrim DLC is starting next week right?

Bacon_Crispies 30 January, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   17

Glad to see a Sound Shapes demo, never really “got” it from just watching videos but now I can try.
Also wasn’t there suppose to be some Ni No Kuni DLC on the store today due to the game being delayed?

Oldest_Ancient 30 January, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   18

Hotties Swimwear set?

C’mon DoA at least try to be subtle.

Vintsukka 30 January, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   19

Hey Jawad! A while ago there was a free PS+ exclusive DLC pack for Dungeon Defenders in the US store. Any chance we could get it here as well?

And to anyone reading this, check out Bayonetta if you already haven’t! One of the most fun games I’ve played on PS3.

Will you PLEASE include trailers/examples for the dynamic themes? I been tricked into buying absolute rubbish too many times. It comes across as a scam by both parties.

Trust in SCEE is at an all-time low. Don’t make things worse.

Jawad Ashraf 30 January, 2013 @ 3:24 pm

This is currently being investigated so there could be a change in the not so distant future.

Hello, can anyone please tell me the download size of the crysis 3 beta?! Many thanks!

Any status for Sumioni and Orgarythm? With that I mean if they will get expanded to more countries soon.

almighty-slayer 30 January, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   23

Good work putting links to the webstore on there…even if you did only do it for 4 games :p

Fred Dutton 30 January, 2013 @ 3:23 pm

We’re adding them as we go! Sorry, it takes a little time and we wanted to get the post to you as quickly as possible.

BubblesPL 30 January, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   24

I’ve been asking this question for some time now and it never gets answered, but I’ll ask again: are the any plans on releasing Chrono Cross and Dino Crisis 2 on EU store? Both are in the US store for quite some time.

ratcatcher69 30 January, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   25

Same problem with dokuro bought full game about 1pm and says trial ive tried downloading again a few times but still the same :(

Any news on ‘Q-Force’?

Quite sad there’s no Sly Cooper demo…ho hum.

Just release Hitman HD Trilogy already!!!

steven_dutch 30 January, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   28

Thanks for the update jawad.
Was looking forward to “The Port Royal 3″ DLC. Loving that game at the moment.

Jawad

How come you guys can update the web based PSN waaaaay before the PS3 store? surely if the content can be downloaded already by buying them from the website and downloading them via the download list all you need to do is link the content on the store no?

Just the crysis beta for me today but any chance of a sale on Okami?

PS thanks for the free unfinished swan game :D silly engineers

Jawad Ashraf 30 January, 2013 @ 3:29 pm

The updates roll out bit by bit for an easier time. Imagine throwing all the content out there in one go at exactly the same time – it’s quite strenuous.

dora the explorer is out on ps2 classics, stand back vice city you have some competition, also is there an update on wake up club yet or has someone at SCEE forgot to set an alarm to remind them when to put it on?

ratcatcher69 30 January, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   31

@20 crysis 3 beta is 1.4gb download :)

MP_is_for_Chumps 30 January, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   32

Oh and whats up with those lame random avatars which often veer extremely close to copyright infringement?

All we want from sony is some nice avatars from our favorite 1st party games, but all u ever put on the store is 100 of these garbage no-name avatars cooked up by a 3yrld and another 50 garbage avatars from 3rd party games we all hate like crack-head Dante 6 -___-

This os rediculais GRRRn dfh

Bumblebee 30 January, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   34

Anyone know why my BOUGHT, and FULL Little Big Planet on Vita is now saying “TRIAL VERSION” across the main page?

Annoying!

No PS Mobile games listed in the update anymore?

CoolRichy008UK 30 January, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   36

supersmith2500 <<<< ps3 store later today dont be so impatient boy lol
im getting it tomorrow disk version :) £20 and then next week maybe cars 2 gta 3 and vice :D

XDerKleineX 30 January, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   37

No new deals for PS Plus? :(

CoolRichy008UK 30 January, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   38

dora the explorer is ewwwwwwwwie LMAO and i just heard that tommy vacetti gunned her down about time someone shot her lol

Nightmare966 30 January, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   39

@Jawad: Dance, fight. Spin around! :P

So, err, I’ll be having some Bayonetta, DmC and that Crysis 3 beta there.

And here I thought January would be a quiet month, but alas, no…

salberts93 30 January, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   40

nice update, but sony pleaaaase fix the PS Store layout you cant find anything in this new store

StefNighthawk 30 January, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   41

Hoorray lots of PS2 goodies…

… oh wait -

SCEE Region curse strikes again.

I guess the PS4 will be
for me.

Maybe I’ll get one some years after its release when only a handful of its services dripped to Belgium and the game-catalog has grown some more (probably not much as some titles will not be available in Belgium)

CoolRichy008UK 30 January, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   42

Jawad Ashraf when is the following games getting added

vice city stories / lib stories and the warriors oh and lego harry potter years 1-4 (years 5-7 are on ps store but not the 1st 1 4 years

Jawad Ashraf 30 January, 2013 @ 3:31 pm

You’ll have to wait for the respective publishers to reveal that, if anything.

nicce update all that dw stuff is super awsome thanks jawad btw any news on cs go ??? or i heard somewhere jak x may be coming to classics ? thanks man

Bayonetta in PSN, great!
I really would like to see Rapala Pro Bass Fishing in PSN as well.
Thank you!

turbogeek421 30 January, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   45

@29 – Free Unfinished Swan? I want me some of that!

Not available in Finland, Not available in Finland ,Not available in Finland …wow why?

StevePharma 30 January, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   47

I never post on the Blog but I just wanted to give feedback on Dokuro. As stated above the bought version downloads as a trial version with no trophies. We need the full version to be uploaded. Hopefully this error can be corrected soon.

Palmer-san 30 January, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   48

Hi Jawad, nice update :)

Two quick questions:

1) Any news on the Vita version of Ratchet and Clank Q-Force, thought it was due in January, looks unlikely now?

2) Nice to see a slew of Koei games on the PS2 classics front, any chance of seeing Samurai Warriors 1 soon? I enjoy 2 but the first was better in my opinion and would like the chance to play it again.

Thanks in advance!

I want Hitman today! — Runs with wallet to US PSN Store ;-)
— Now downloading ;-)

Will you pls reply to this.

When will Wipeout Fusion and youtube come to ps store?

Load all