Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Did you enjoy this?

Related posts

Comments

222 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

PS4 I wonder?

Fred – if this is about the PS4 then a lack of comment will serve as confirmation :)

RockLobster2074 31 January, 2013 @ 11:20 pm   2

I know this won’t be PS4… but what if it is !?!

I think I just gone wet myself

Project2insanity 31 January, 2013 @ 11:23 pm   4

Right! It can’t be legal to get me this excited and not tell me why!

Well, My first thought was a PS4 due to the electricity etc meaning perhaps Power/Graphics. Or I could be entirely wrong and this is just a new Trailer Logo thingy, Which I must say is great. Especially the sound towards the end. That would be a great PS4 startup sound :D

Playstation 4 incoming.

It’s the Playstation 4 plain and simple. Pause… Breathe…. LKGEMRKDFVNOIGKHON HKFGCDNSFLBCIGCDFGHVDHIUJMCNVDJKBSFJBDFO

What do I win Fred?

PleaSe, I’m stoked 4 sure!?

RossyWilson 31 January, 2013 @ 11:34 pm   10

EXCITED!!!!

It’s happening!

SeparateEntity 31 January, 2013 @ 11:40 pm   12

I hope this is going to result in something new I can plug into my current electrical / networking infrastructure, for better gaming!

PsychoboyUK 31 January, 2013 @ 11:42 pm   13

Its an early teaser for SonySoft’s Playbox740 ;)

Super-Silverback 31 January, 2013 @ 11:42 pm   14

Come on guys, its obviously Jak n Daxter 4 =P

almighty-slayer 31 January, 2013 @ 11:43 pm   15

Think i pooed myself.

ALL HAND WE ARE NOW IN YELLOW ALERT. REPEAT, ALL HAND WE ARE NOW IN YELLOW ALERT.

I hope it is the PS4. I am excited now.

I got EXCITED!!! :P + I would love it to be something that knocks out MicroSoft in 1 blow!!! :D

lol gotta love it when company’s announce announcements lol.

it will be nice to see what the ps4 is going to be like if that’s what it is but i wont be an early adopter this time round as my ps3 still has plenty of gas left in the tank as my backlog alone will see me well into next year.

just to add i do see a ps4 in my household just not right away :)

“See the Future” & PS4… don’t think so!

liamlangan 1 February, 2013 @ 12:00 am   21

11pm on 20/2/13 right?

K_for_Vendetta 1 February, 2013 @ 12:01 am   22

PlayStation 4 Time!!!!!!

hype hype hype

I have a good feeling about this :D

Imagine if it was the ps4 with the last guardian as one of the launch titles…… hey i can dream.

dark_angel69 1 February, 2013 @ 12:04 am   25

OMG so excited!! Hope it really is next gen console. Will we be watching it live on the blog?

dark_angel69 1 February, 2013 @ 12:07 am   26

Oh and will it be up on PS Home also in case we miss it? A special room like E3?

phille_92 1 February, 2013 @ 12:11 am   27

goosebumps and Chills all up my spine. Feels so big in some way :-)

Is it a live show or a video? It it be an hour long or a few minutes?

Finally how excited should I be?

manutreble 1 February, 2013 @ 12:14 am   29

please be the play station 4

Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention

Vergilius 1 February, 2013 @ 12:18 am   31

My body is ready.
And I think I just soiled myself.

The PS4?! OMG!

sentry-23 1 February, 2013 @ 12:26 am   33

.. this should be fun..

Or at least reading the comments afterwards, if it doesn’t live up to expectations.

I came to complain about Ni No Kuni not working yet its friday…This cheered me up a little bit.

I’m intrigued.
Hopefully its something for the Vita too.

maximalcheetor 1 February, 2013 @ 12:34 am   36

Already got a live countdown timer up on my Vita website for it…! Can’t wait though! :)

LordOfThePies80 1 February, 2013 @ 12:34 am   37

is its a new fancy skart lead… you’ll be one unpopular lil’ monkey Fred

andrewsqual 1 February, 2013 @ 12:36 am   38

So Fred just confirmed to dark_ange69 that we will be watching “it” (“it” being “next gen console” as dark_angel69 put it) live on the blog on February 20th.
Thanks for the confirmation Fred :)

When will we be able to play Ni No Kuni?

Hot dam Sony, I mean seriously! okay okay okay…. the fact your not declining it, must mean the future is near :D . will love to find out if and if so how many of the apparent leaks of information are true. and being a vita owner and lover, the Orbis (Playstation 4′s code name) Vitae thing, is freaking awesome, Orbis Vitea is Latin for “The circle of life”. I would just love it if the Vita’s role in gaming will be side by side with the new next gen console. fingers crossed ;) p.s could you answer one hypothetical question ;) if the Playstation 4 was the be announced, would there be any news on PS+ for the system?

Sony release the Kraken!

Ps4!!!!!!!!!!! with Ground Zeroes ready for release

As much as I love playstation consoles…Im just worried…Mainly that the controller is gonna be some huge gimmick. I dont want it to have a screen, or a back touchpad or some heat sensing unit that changes the feel of the controller.

Witcher70 1 February, 2013 @ 12:58 am   44

Oh GOD ! PS4? I hope not!! got too big a backlog to get thru…….unless backwards compatibility?

if this isn’t about PS4 i’m eat my PS3.

inFAMOUS 3 people. :)

Witcher70 1 February, 2013 @ 1:15 am   47

I dare you Fred Dutton to deny its not the PS4!!!!!

Coody-Baroody 1 February, 2013 @ 1:15 am   48

This HAS to be the new Playstation. Think about it;

“See the Future” as the blog entry heading
“Be the First to Know” is the only text in the blog entry

This has to be something HUGE and with all the rumours flying around at the minute about Playstation and Shoebox’s next gen consoles, Sony know the kind of craziness this announcement would stir up so it wouldnt dare NOT be the new Playstation in fear of the huge embarrassment and anti climax.

I’ll be here and im already counting the hours! LOL
As with PS3 and Vita – Day 1 buy for me.

Dont think it will be called PS4 though, the number 4 is unlucky in Japan apparently.

guystewart 1 February, 2013 @ 1:23 am   49

Please tell us the Skyrim add on release dates. And could you also remove singstar from my XMB. I will not buy anything that is thrust down my throat like that. Other than that please keep up the fine work, and thankyou for your consideration.

Private-Lu 1 February, 2013 @ 1:23 am   50

Here we go again.

First off, what is the point. PS2, PS3 & PSP were great.
PS Vita I own, but it’s lacking, decent apps and more big games, what ever happened to Borderlands 2 on the Vita & is Bioshock Infinite still coming to Vita?

I’ve also noticed in the time the PS3 has been out, that games that were released on PC and Xbox haven’t and will never make it to the PS3. I believe it has something to do with either Microsoft or the devs are to lazy to learn something new.

Basically my point is, I wont be getting the PS4, I don’t see the point, unless you allow modding of the games, if not then there’s no point. I am waiting for the Steam boxes to be released then bye bye consoles. Still keeping my PS3, because I already own a huge amount of games and the controller is the best.

I have seen so many mods for games. But console owners will never get to experience these because Console developers don’t allow it. (Possibly has something to do with the Game Devs too)

Before making a box where you can’t do anything to it. Make it a Console that is actually the future, where you can add mods to games.

iHuGi_360 1 February, 2013 @ 1:27 am   51

cant wait

Well, I hope they’ll reveal more than just that the PS4 is coming this year.
It drives me insane when companies tend to pre-announce an incoming announcement, which then will name the already expected product and the promise that soon more details will be revealed. ;)

Anyway, you got my attention. When Fred himself posts on the german PS blog it must be important. :P

EFC-LUKE-EFC 1 February, 2013 @ 1:45 am   53

@50 Please close the door on your way out, thanks!

Can’t wait for this! Hope it is a PS4 announcement!

WildRushSykes 1 February, 2013 @ 1:50 am   54

Heres hoping its a XMB redesign as its ugly as hell and its been long overdue and with the store getting a recent makeover it wouldnt suprise me one bit :)

UK_Cloud_Strife 1 February, 2013 @ 2:13 am   55

I can’t wait. im booking the night off work to watch it. #playstation2013

If this is not the PS4 announcement I will be shocked! I mean theres no way Sony would do that? Right?
Also @50 you may also notice that some games released on the PS3 will never come to PC and 360 these are called “exclusives”.

ShadowDoGGG 1 February, 2013 @ 2:42 am   57

Hmm… but Sony said they wouldn’t announce before Microsoft?

SamTheSkater 1 February, 2013 @ 2:44 am   58

First of all… awesome! And I hope the next console is called PlayStation 4 and nothing weird. I hope ads and stuff remain blue. And I hope the focus stays on lots of exclusives and powerful hardware. Can’t wait to see what’s in store!

Dark_en08 1 February, 2013 @ 2:46 am   59

Its not PS4 because xbox going to be before it in September but highly its going to be kind of nice news like a gaming play or an event for something new maybe its going to be a closed event for ps4

AshishSahoo 1 February, 2013 @ 3:02 am   60

Fred, you meanie! Now I really getting excited!

What time will it be on in New Zealand?

Fred Dutton 1 February, 2013 @ 9:33 am

*Counts on fingers* – that equates to midday on 21st Feb in NZ. It should be a nice way to spend your lunch break ;)

Dante_Zero 1 February, 2013 @ 3:06 am   62

i think a band from Ireland called Lonely Island have a perfect song that fits moments like this. lol :)

ps4 would be awesome, more likely that gaikai will be coming to ps3

can we watch it on the blog via our ps3s or will we need to use a pc?

Fred Dutton 1 February, 2013 @ 9:34 am

We’ll confirm precise details nearer the time but suffice to say you will have plenty of options on how you want to watch the stream.

vonhammer 1 February, 2013 @ 3:34 am   65

If it can run Planetside 2 at launch,and possibly a few other free to play games then I’ll day one the system.

But I do worry about how they approach stuff like HDD.If they go from open to proprietary and lock everything down,I couldn’t carry on with the brand.Same goes with my digital content,If all my store stuff is lost then I’d struggle to buy anything digital again on Sony hardware.

@Private-Lu
“Unreal Tournament 3, this allowed PC Mods to be put onto the PS3 via USB Stick. Never caught on. Why?”

this say be the first to see the future so i think its some kind of interactive visor that allows you to play without a tv

ps omni!!!

ShadowDoGGG 1 February, 2013 @ 4:43 am   68

@lpgod84

Ah yes, I completely forgot about Gaikai…. oh I can see it now… Play all your favourites games on ‘Playstation certified devices’ and all that nonsense.

Why Sony would want to ruin Playstation name by ever putting it with Sony Ericsson or anything Sony phone related is beyond me.

littlelostkiwi 1 February, 2013 @ 5:18 am   69

After reading a few other posts from related sites, I’m so confident that it’s the PS4 announcement that if it’s not, I’ll eat my controller.

I’m excited about seeing what direction Sony’s planning to go with it

fred u team mes up again =
ni no kuni

the game data has not been instaled corectly , u are kiding ?
i have downloaded 6020 mb to see not working = very very angry

ore i stil need extra stuf dowload to work ??? , i want to play nowh ! 6:44 morning so ith needs to work

its ps4 for sure. no doubt about it. there has been so many rumor about it recently and its a well known fact that they are gearing up to release it as soon as possible to beat the new xbox.
they wouldnt make this big a deal about anything other then the ps4.

on the other hand if all of this is quite simply to draw a crowd for a game of some sort than sony is gonna have half a billion annoyed customers starting a riot.

DoYouLikeMyID 1 February, 2013 @ 6:23 am   73

PS4?

JHVVHJJKFHNILBSNLFÆPANMÆIONVMÆOPNOIÆEJNMFØOPWKWOIJEIYUEGFSYIUGFE!-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!

why no ful dowload then key on day of release on 00:00 hr = very sad to do busnes whith u sony .

why is my comment awaiting moderation?

Timberman80 1 February, 2013 @ 6:45 am   76

PSVita was released 22. February 2012 in NA and EU. Coincidence?

Timberman80 1 February, 2013 @ 6:46 am   77

PS4 will release 22. february, a year after vita :p

It could be the PS4 but I rather would see the anouncement of a global Store team that was competent or the realease of every service in every country.
There were a lot of prommisses made with the introduction of PS3 and a lot of them only materialised after years in a few countries or not at all. I was very disapointed and still am Sony.
So when it’s a new PS4 I’ll wait till all your prommisses have seen the light of day.
Actualy I’m only hoping for The Agent and The Last Guardian to be annouced for release this year.

Orbis time!! YES!!!! :D

MordecaiHunter 1 February, 2013 @ 7:46 am   80

20.02.12 The Date Singstar Icon Will Be Removed :)

MordecaiHunter 1 February, 2013 @ 7:47 am   81

Ooops iam a year behind everyone .ha

uncleniccius 1 February, 2013 @ 8:01 am   82

Can we watch on Vita Fred?

Fred Dutton 1 February, 2013 @ 9:36 am

As above, we’ll confirm details for the stream soon, but you will have plenty of options.

neutronbomb 1 February, 2013 @ 8:07 am   83

@Fred If it isn’t PS4, could you find a way of tipping us all off to that? It would save a MAJOR letdown for everybody.

Had psx on day 1, granted bought by my parents but still, had ps2 and ps3 day 1 from my own money and…. won’t be getting ps4 on day 1.

Looking at how some of the European countries are treated? no thanks; I would rather spare myself from this vexing feeling I am having right now with every single store update or retail release.

Where is video store? where is fair treatment? Europe is much bigger than UK/Spain/France/Italy/Germany…

It has got to be the PS4 investors have been invited to the event, WSJ has reported on it so it’s definitely going to be something big.

PS4 announced in Feb 2013 released in Nov or Dec 2013 gotta add the PS4 to your xmas list! :D

Huono_peleis 1 February, 2013 @ 8:42 am   86

It’s new PS3+Vita combo which is like…you know…like WiiU.

razordude 1 February, 2013 @ 9:12 am   87

PS4 will retail for 599 US dollars and launch with an action game where you attack a giant enemy crab’s weakpoint for massive damage.

It’s ridge racer! Riiiiiiiiiiiddddggggeeee Racccceeerrrr!

I dont see the point of a new console when sony fails to promote psvita to developers, getting us like 2 or 3 good games in 1 year…. So… You are not getting my money for a new console sony… Not untill i see some future for my psvita… Now it looks like a 300€ paper Holder.

Perhaps it’s the Vita sale. he he

See the future? Couldn’t even view it on my vita.

Sony, you crack me up.

i really hope that sony learns from its mistake with the ps4.
they NEED to get backwards compatibility in this system. even if its extra charge through something you plug in i dont care, it needs to be done. there is no money in ‘hd upgrades’ once were on to the next console because the 90% of the reason people did buy them was to collect trophies. since the ps3 has trophies this wont make it nexcessary.
also the rumour that games will be linked to your account – if this is is incorporated i simply wont buy it. i mean i dont have thousands of dollars to buy games for 110$ only to have them last 4 hours. its not worth the trouble.
also i really hope they dont screw up the controller. the current design is perfect so i dont see how they can improve upon it. i seriously hope they dont put in a touchpad aspect – that would ruin it no one wants to look at a controller to see what they are doing.
also it needs trophies, though i have no doubt it will
and to ensure that the ps4 is successful they seriously need to have some good launch titles.(next comment)

i mean the vitas been out a while now and even though the graphical capabilities intrigue me, i have no urge to buy it since the only game ive seen that interests me is uncharted golden abyss.
they need to have games like this at launch or within a month of release:
infamous 3
uncharted 4
littlebigplanet 3
skate 4
Portal 3
id say god of war but considering the new one is only about to come out i doubt theyd have time to make another one.

If it means versus comes out id be down with that :) lol. But worried about the rumours on ps4 blocking 2nd hand games etc…
Off topic but does anyone know whats happened to ni no kuni on psn? Ive had my wizard edition turn up and there was supposed to be some extra dlc for europe cause of the delay which Id like to download but cant find…

i know ive posted multiple times but there is something i need to bring to everyones attention:
ps4 release = KINGDOM HEARTS 3 WITH PS4 GRAPHICS!

i dont know how i forgot to add this to my launch title suggestions/wish list

KRadiation 1 February, 2013 @ 10:20 am   94

Security code on the meeting sign up page is refusing to work via iPhone. I’ve input it correctly over and over but keep being sent back and told I didn’t.

Other than that… Roll on the 20th

Please no gimmicky casual gamer BS(movenect), if its PS4 im all in!!!

Blocking 2nd-hand sales of physical copy is not cool. What EA does with DLC or online pass thats ok by me (Orig. buyer gets nice extras).

hi fred, is there a problem with hitman hd trilogy going on the the store in the uk? its the 1st of feb (release date) and its still not on the store at all, no mention of it on the web store (pc) and the ps3 store ..

on topic hoping the vita and new playstation is more compatible,proper remote play using the whole screen,more use as a controller + touch screen for maps etc.. without having to pay for the update to use it (little big planet)
and backwards compatiblity as i haven’t got round to finishing most of the games i have bought this year and last .. lol

Catkiller1 1 February, 2013 @ 10:31 am   97

Hmmmmm, I can’t see this being a PS4 announcement & I will be shocked if it is.

I read in an interview recently that the PS4 won’t be revealed until at least mid year & that SONY are keeping their cards close to their chest, until Microsoft play theirs!

Maybe it’s just an announcement with details on PS3 accounts merging with the PS4 perhaps but we’re all just guessing here!

Catkiller1 1 February, 2013 @ 10:36 am   98

@ FRED

I’ve noticed that words are now dragging along onto the next line mid flow, instead of carrying the whole word over. Whatever update has happened recently needs to be looked into.

Kind Regards

Fred, you do know Sony can’t delivery a sub par announcement on the 20th now dont yah? :P Heehee!

Will it be streamed somewhere?

VitaFan123 1 February, 2013 @ 10:57 am   101

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ishan_The_King 1 February, 2013 @ 10:57 am   102

PS4!

VitaFan123 1 February, 2013 @ 10:58 am   103

100th comment! :-p

VitaFan123 1 February, 2013 @ 10:59 am   104

Crap! I was just a second tto late to publish a 100th comment!

Scuffy_P 1 February, 2013 @ 11:12 am   105

Restructuring of Sony’s European Management and total relaunch of SCEE? Wishful thinking.

Robinworldwide 1 February, 2013 @ 11:14 am   106

Lol can you imagine the responses on here if it doesn’t turn out to be the PS4? I’m hyped anyway… :)

VictorAnalogy 1 February, 2013 @ 11:18 am   107

Shut up and take my money!

dark_angel69 1 February, 2013 @ 11:26 am   108

Check this out guys!!

tom-359-ds 1 February, 2013 @ 11:34 am   109

Before I see into the future I’m checking the current state. The main question is about treating your customers.

Are you going to spam your paying customers with unwanted stuff as you do on the PS3?

judgehusler 1 February, 2013 @ 11:45 am   110

Hello people, i can confirm that this is indeed about the ps4. Invitations have been handed out to journalists for the press conference on the 20th Feb. Dont get to exited tho as backwards compatibility is a no go and it looks like tagging of disc (no shareing and no pre-owned) will go forward. Obviously disk will still be available so no need to fear the inforced over priced digital only content (as of yet)! Will be nice to see what what specs this machine will be running on and i look forward to seeing the design but sadly it has been a very poor few years for sony and i can only see this console in my house way into the future unless service is brought to standards on scee end, prices for digital drop dramatically and a possible modding aspect is put into place for custom private games.

@ judgehusler

the only thing that worries me about the no bc thing is digital titles, i will be keeping my ps3 for now but id like to think that all my ps3 digital titles would be able to be used on the ps4.

im guessing this will be like when the vita was first revealed and by the time its shown again the second time at e3 things will have changed slightly.

DarkMantis 1 February, 2013 @ 12:32 pm   112

Lol at the last comment. Unless you work in the industry, what the hell do you know about the next playstation? Probably nothing. Stop trolling.

quidditys_shore 1 February, 2013 @ 12:35 pm   113

Ratchet & clank vita release date?! :-P

I for one hope that it isn’t the ps4 as it’s got plenty of life left in it!

xDRE-I-GO-HARDx 1 February, 2013 @ 12:40 pm   114

It has to be about the PS4, think about it they say “be the first to know”,what else would we want to know about apart from the PS4, that’s really the only thing that’s on all our minds. Im super excited for this and I just hope its to do with the systems specs and maybe some gameplay who knows. get ready guys the future is here!!!!

Most likely to be the PS4, but it could also be:

Gaikai streaming games service (See the future bla bla), in that video there even is something they use with Gaikai too.

Or slightly less likely: a PSVita slim, with a pricedrop.

Then again, ‘see the future’ by a redesign, the future is already in my hands with PSVita now hehe.

So it must be either PS4 or Gaikai integrated in PS+ to play PS1, PS2 games streamed on both PS3 and PSVita plus future support for PS3 games streamed on PS4.

THE_FORCE 1 February, 2013 @ 12:49 pm   116

Whenever the PS4/Omni gets released, I’ll be buying one on launch night.

Actually scrap that….I’ll be buying two ! 8-)

“Witcher70
Oh GOD ! PS4? I hope not!! got too big a backlog to get thru…….unless backwards compatibility”

So? Play it on your PS3 this year and even after PS4 releases at the end of 2013 you can still play your PS3 if PS4 doesn’t have BC… Nothing lost I’d say.

“quidditys_shore
I for one hope that it isn’t the ps4 as it’s got plenty of life left in it! PS3 & vita bundle with the announcement of proper connectivity, far surpassing the Wii u”

PS3 plenty of life? Nah. It still has some life left in it, but not plenty. Cross game chat isn’t possible on PS3 because of the memory restrictions of 2 x 256MB split mem. PSVita can do gamechat as it has more memory and unified (512MB RAM and 128MB Vram).

Sure, The Last of Us squeezes PS3 to the max, but after 6 to 7 years the hardware got old. To keep up, or at least trail PC gaming a bit better, for the next 5 years new hardware is needed at the end of this year. Doing 6 to 7 years with a console that one paid 300 to max 600 USD/Euro for (depending on when it was bought, at launch or lateron), that is a max of 100 USD a year invested, or even 50 or below when its bought for 300 or less.

It is time for new toys!

MiguelDuarte 1 February, 2013 @ 12:51 pm   118

I hope isn’t about PS3 Super Ultra Mega Max Thin

Huono_peleis 1 February, 2013 @ 12:57 pm   119

Remember last time Sony got a big mysterious date announced?

It was release date for a new tv-commercial.

Catkiller1 1 February, 2013 @ 12:58 pm   120

@ judgehusler

Interesting mate….interesting!

If that’s the case, then there won’t be a PS4 within my household, that’s for sure!

Anyway see you tonight after 19:00 if you’re on then?

GutsBerserker 1 February, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   121

Finally, next-gen is upon us! The wait has been long and I hope it was worth it. Just announce a new COLONY WARS and everything will be good!

Now, how to make these 19 days go by?

Vannaa_Girl 1 February, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   122

Such a tease, Señor :P

@Catkiller1

worst of it is we will have to wait a few days for other details to trickle out.

at the event there hardly going to say things like, “we are pleased to announce there will be no second hand games playable on this console” or “not compatible with ps3 software library” its usually sites like kotaku that report that stuff a day or so ill prob just go to kotaku to get the full news story in the first place.

for some reason knowing that theres a new home console on the way from sony has me looking at my vita and thinking its a pspgo. :(

judgehusler 1 February, 2013 @ 1:26 pm   125

@hayzink
Yep digital titles from the ps3 should still work as the games would have a new codeing ready for redownloading onto ps4 but i cannot confirm on that one. As for the disc so far it is a no due to not using the Cell processor for ps4 and the cost involved but sony are full of surprises!

@catkiller1
Hey fella yea ill be on, not for long tho as i had a promotion yesterday so it means its an early start on sat (boohoo i miss the match to!) Catch ya later amigo

captainbloodsnot 1 February, 2013 @ 1:28 pm   126

It would be financial suicide ,not to make it backward compatible ,think of the masses who would not invest in a PS4 because of the amount of cash they had spent on their PS3 games,me included.

dark_angel69 1 February, 2013 @ 1:29 pm   127

I hope Uncharted 4, Infamous 3 and Killzone 4 gets announced with it. Goddammit this wait feels forever!!! Change the date to 02/02/2013! Wish I had a time machine :(

“Posted on 1 February, 2013 at 12:57 pm by Huono_peleis
Remember last time Sony got a big mysterious date announced?
It was release date for a new tv-commercial”

The last time didn’t include invites send to investors and media to attend the meeting in New York City, just a mere 5 days before the Destination Playstation event starts from 25 to 28 February in Scottsdale.

Besides that, the last time they held such a meeting with these invites to a broad number of press and investors was when PSVita got announced in 2011.

So, that. It is some hardware announcement or major integration of Gaikai into PS+.

“Posted on 1 February, 2013 at 1:28 pm by captainbloodsnot
It would be financial suicide ,not to make it backward compatible ,think of the masses who would not invest in a PS4 because of the amount of cash they had spent on their PS3 games,me included”

Like how it was financial suicide to take out PS2 BC from PS3 within no time to be able to drop the PS3′s price from 600 to 400 Euro/USD?

And how they now resell PS2 games through PSN? It even earned them more money.

I can see them do PS3 PSN sales, and for those that have PS+ they’ll offer free PS3 games streamed through Gaikai network maybe.

BC isn’t very likely because that 8 core AMD Jaguar isn’t powerful enough to emulate current PS3 Cell CPU and its GPU. Heck, the PS3 with a large jump in hardware over the PS2 couldn’t even pull off software emulation so they’d include the PS2 hardware in the launch PS3′s to have it do BC.

judgehusler 1 February, 2013 @ 1:37 pm   130

@hayzink
Lol at your pspgo comment! Maybe the rumour of the ps4 orbis and vita (circle of life) are true and it will be like the wiiu!!!

silmorat1 1 February, 2013 @ 1:37 pm   131

PS4 yey its gotta be. Make it play psn downloadable games and I’m in.

I don’t care for a PS4.
The lack of good settings on the XMB for your personal preferences.
The continuing additions of clutter/spam/adaware (yes, its adware) on the XMB.
The horrifying destroyment of box-arts with those purple SCEE-”promotional” spam.
The singspam singstar icon/game.
The lack of updates on the webbrowser (not to mention the amount of lemmings that start shouting we should get chrome (so we can all go and give up our privacy and hand it over to google)).

Nope, no PS4 or Bravia coming into this building…

ferenzzz1971 1 February, 2013 @ 1:45 pm   133

I just pre-ordered a few games for my PS3 like GTA5, The Last Of Us etc..

Gonna cancel that cause I will wait till PS4 releases with new games, they would be great with those specs! :)

“Posted on 1 February, 2013 at 1:41 pm by Sp4reNL
I don’t care for a PS4.
The lack of good settings on the XMB for your personal preferences.
The continuing additions of clutter/spam/adaware (yes, its adware) on the XMB.
The singspam singstar icon/game.
Nope, no PS4 or Bravia coming into this building”

So you’re going to get a next Xbox without any great exclusives? Or a current gen WiiU? Or build a game PC that doens’t get games like Uncharted, Gran Turismo, The Last of Us, LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, The Puppeteer, God of War? Just curious.

Oh, maybe PS4 will be magical device, so when you delete post from eu blog, problem and our irritation magicaly disapears. Delete Singstar SPAM!!!

@TheMART,

I don’t have that much time anymore anyhow, so gonna stick to whats left to do on my PS3 and after that I’ll see.
Currently (not literally ;-)) playing AC:Revelations which is multi-platform.
Probably will play some games on the PC. There is plenty of choice regarding “exclusives” on all platforms. And there is also enough choice in multi-platform games.

I’m not saying that I didn’t like Infamous or Uncharted but I don’t have the feeling that I will have time to miss any of the Sony exclusives. There are more than sufficient entertaining alternatives in my opinion.

Unicronic 1 February, 2013 @ 2:01 pm   137

Gaikai plans announced methinks. I can’t see PS4 being announced before the next Xbox.

supersmith2500 1 February, 2013 @ 2:04 pm   138

Has to the be the PS4 for sure, there is way too many rumours about it.

Catkiller1 1 February, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   139

The thing is, it’s all hear-say & rumours at the moment so i’ll await the facts. The internet is full of crap, so i’ll wait for an official statement.

@ Sp4reNL

Hah, well everyone their own preferences I guess.

AssCreed to me is meh, but alright.

PC’s plenty of choice? Basically it is a FPS platform, with some RTS (that consoles don’t do really well) and MMO’s on top. What is the last great platforming exclusive on PC? Or last exclusive racing game?

Again, each to its own and sure time is a restricting factor. Yet time for gaming can also be made. Average working weeks of 36 to 40 hours, or at busy jobs/own business 80. Still hours left in a week ;-)

But besides that, I think Sony is the only company that pushes real creative new stuff, seen with The Last of Us, Puppeteer, Tearaway (ok for PSVita but Playstation minded) and a lot other stuff, where MS is going Kinect and Halo/Gears/Forza rehashes, Nintendo rehashes their decades old Mario and Zelda.

I started out with the 360 loving Gears and paying for XBL, but switched completely, started with the great LittleBigPlanet in 2008 buying the PS3, to having PS+ now instead of XBL and a PSVita on top… GImme that PS4 :-)

fabrikhu 1 February, 2013 @ 2:12 pm   141

PS4 or PS4?

r12necro 1 February, 2013 @ 2:58 pm   142

PS4 confirmed and official specs….

Dosentortellini 1 February, 2013 @ 3:34 pm   143

Dear Jawad or someone else:
1. any news about skyrim dlc ? i thougt it comes at 1st of february …
2. will heartfire be released next week
3. is there any skyrim dlc next week? if not im gettin totally out of my mind….. cant wait longer ! im REALLY afraid that skyrim dlc dates getting so (CENSORED) like CS:GO

Sony, you can poke your ps4 where the sun don’t shine. After all the epic fails in the last couple of years e.g spamstar, the awful store, broken downloads and getting hacked with like 2 months of downtime. Now to add insult to injury my overpriced pre order of Ni no Kuni doesn’t work. I have been loyal to ps through every gen but I’ve had enough of the inept way u lot do business.

If the reports that PS4 will be launching in 2013 in the US and Japan and 2014 in Europe are true, then this will be the first Sony console that I don’t buy. I’m sick to the back teeth of your anti-consumer practices, and I’m sick to the back teeth of your most loyal market getting the worst treatment.

Scuffy_P 1 February, 2013 @ 3:55 pm   146

I’ve read exactly the same reports, and believe it to be true. That the PS4 will launch in Japan and their beloved North America with Europe getting it “sometime” in 2014.

Can’t wait for the XBOX3 this Xmas.

Certinty 1 February, 2013 @ 3:55 pm   147

PS Vita Slim!!!

Scuffy_P 1 February, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   148

Sony’s reason is:

“We find it hard to launch in multiple regions at the same time. We think Europe is a great country..(I thought you said Europe was a country?)…I mean Europe’s are great countries (how can they all be called Europe? Spain’s not Europe…is it?)…I mean all the counties in Europe Land are great and when we figure out how many of you there are…we’ll erm….we’ll get around to it”.

“USA Whooo!”

CloudBelmont 1 February, 2013 @ 4:10 pm   149

But this isn’t PS4. Even for PS3 many game on way. If this is PS4, bad things happen for coming games and Sony does not want to.

Nazar_Ops 1 February, 2013 @ 4:20 pm   150

#149: It is PS4. Or it’s gotta be it. Just because Sony haven’t released all of their games yet on the PS3, dosen’t mean they can’t announce PS4. I bet the console won’t come this year anyway, and once its out. PS3 wont drop its support yet.

So im pretty positive its PS4.

PS4? Should I be excited? … I don’t know, I don’t want console where icons of games in which I have no interest, magically appears on my game list and cannot be deleted.
It will be tough decision process, it may help if PS Store and PSN as whole goes global so we can avoid attitude in which SCEE treats their customers.

Alan2112 1 February, 2013 @ 4:27 pm   152

If the PS4 launch is staggered and Europe gets it last ( which it will because this is sony ) and there’s next gen games being released on Xbox i won’t hesitate to get an Xbox and skip PS4.Waited this gen for PS3 and won’t make that mistake again. Basically whoever launches first in Europe gets my money.

xDRE-I-GO-HARDx 1 February, 2013 @ 4:27 pm   153

this was SONY’s plan to get everyone hyped up over that short 45 second video. so it has to be the PS4.

monoliet 1 February, 2013 @ 4:31 pm   154

Staying on mi ps3 first 1/2 jear + 1/2 price drop after maby ( mi vengence wil be sweat )
sing spam puting on ps3 not asking we want !
ps3 hack
lots of problems on store
lame excuses : like no coments on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
en other games
sony dispoint lots of Euro consumers ( some contry not inportent like Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine )

i not forgot he not have free realms – you tube-netfix….on ps3.

ps4 day 1 = forget ith , i boycot .

CloudBelmont 1 February, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   155

#150: I want to believe too. I want PS4 too like hell!

But even PS4 announcement leads to bad things for Vita and PS3.

We must think to way a dealer, not a gamer. Think with this way. This is like a new GOW announcement previous to that any GOW unhatched to market. Or new Uncharted, The Last Of Us while on the road.

Jojohn7890 1 February, 2013 @ 4:44 pm   156

Could it be the release date announcement for DEADLY PREMONITION on PS3? ;)

Nazar_Ops 1 February, 2013 @ 4:44 pm   157

I agree with Monoliet. If this continues with PS4, i am boycotting it 100%. You better not disappoint us Sony.

RoninDennis 1 February, 2013 @ 4:48 pm   158

February 20th – PSVita 2!

vonhammer 1 February, 2013 @ 4:48 pm   159

Best thing about the blog post Filed: Uncategorized

polynski 1 February, 2013 @ 4:53 pm   160

the rumours are that second hand games are banned its that every game will be downloadable and every game you buy at the shop youll get the dload free but itll be locked to your account and if you trade it in the person who buys it will be in a trial and unlock type system kinda like the implementation of the online pass and i think thats fair cuz the second hand game system was made by shops and all the money from second hand games goes to the shop who had no input in the game whatsoever

polynski 1 February, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   161

that is why games are so expensive now a days cuz the shops force devs to raise the prices by denying them the money they earned…im a plasterer and if someone refused to pay me id smack em in the face

@polynski

if thats the case then all games on ps4 should retail for less than games currently do on ps3, both instore and online as the reason of “we dont make money from second hand games” wont exist any more.

also you can bet gamestop in the usa wont be stocking ps4′s if the second hand game blocking is true as that basically is destroying there business model.

polynski 1 February, 2013 @ 5:04 pm   163

ps3 was released a year later than xbox 360 and the only good thing was the free online and internet(which didnt work properly) it had no trophies no ingame custom music no cross game chat only got ps3 cuz my dads a huge fan of blu ray

neutronbomb 1 February, 2013 @ 5:18 pm   164

These RUMOURS about Europe launching again behind over regions are worrying. Everyone whos me knows I’m Playstation through and throught but if Ps4 isn’t here at xmas but nextbox is, then I’m afraid its microsoft for me. Also, Kaz will be forever known as the Grinch that stole xmas, in my house at least.

monoliet 1 February, 2013 @ 5:38 pm   165

Europe comunitie needs to wait when ps4 on europe markt like usa en jappan have done whith ps3 on start = them get faster better deals .

ms = also not option to me but good hard warning to sony , jes .
them are bos over psn = them make price policy

Sony need to be more severe against publishers =If u not sel corect price ore not sel al euro contry ( only germany against blood in europe ) = u game not on ps4 ore psn = los of mony to devloppers . if u give more to ms. = not selling on ore console .
but sony are like chikkens .

Them lissen to devloppers on whath them want on vita ( them tread u howh today ? ) sel u consolle lots = key to lots of games + lots of profit . lots u get by cheap versus quality + lissening 60/70 % to u buyers .

judgehusler 1 February, 2013 @ 5:50 pm   166

@polynski
Hey fella just a small correction but the second hand market was developed by the consumer! 20 years ago i used to sell all my games once completed to mates and many others i know did aswell, it was infact a gamer that took it one step further and did it on a mass scale, nothing wrong with that. When i sell my house or a car do you think i should give a percentage to the makers as i am selling something worth thousands yet i had no input into the product?
The online pass was nothing more than greed of sony getting their hands in the cookie jar, find out how much of a % goes to the devs i bet only a fraction if any does at all. The cost of games today is due to supply of demand, if numbers fell in people playing games then the price falls to attract custom.

monoliet 1 February, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   167

neutronbomb @
i buy lots of games last trimester of the jear = gta v + lots others .
when sony louch in 2014 i have no mony left to buy new console , so them gone wait 1-2 jear to get mi mony .

MR_TwEaK_ 1 February, 2013 @ 6:46 pm   168

Holly (CENSORED)!!!

SamTheSkater 1 February, 2013 @ 6:51 pm   169

I hope the DualShock 4 will be pretty much a DualShock 3. But with a touchpad or whatever gets added. Just keep it symmetrical.

Liamario 1 February, 2013 @ 6:51 pm   170

People, just to be clear. This IS the PS4 announcement!

XnoobsquadX 1 February, 2013 @ 7:11 pm   171

We can speculate all we want but thing is we wont know until they show. that said i friggin hope its a massive lineup of games for the vita that sony created in secret and all of em release on that date;P…got diddly squat left to play allrdy burned through most vita games and im not a trophy hunter so i dont replay most games twice. allmost know it wont happen but i can hope right? T.T

Alan2112 1 February, 2013 @ 7:55 pm   172

If i couldn’t trade in games then i wouldn’t be able to get as many new releases, a bit of a vicious circle there.

Trojen96 1 February, 2013 @ 8:05 pm   173

its that new controller with the orbs on the front. Sony finally going to confirm it:-D. OH the excitement

tigertron 1 February, 2013 @ 8:22 pm   174

I really hope the reports that the PS4 has been delayed in Europe until March-ish 2014 is false. *Fingers crossed Sony announces a simultaneous world wide launch at this event*.

supersmith2500 1 February, 2013 @ 8:32 pm   175

Also, I hope that awful patient that Sony had where they block pre-owned games doesn’t come true. If it did well the PS4 could well be a flop and destroy the PlayStation brand.

SCEE according to EDGE rumours, Europe will get the PS4 in early 2014. Why are we left out again?! Next gen can’t come fast enough! Push for a 2013 release please!

glenhomer22 1 February, 2013 @ 9:15 pm   177

Could it be….Shenmue 3?!

dividsmythe 1 February, 2013 @ 9:18 pm   178

Just give me Ps4 please and same time as the rest of the world as I’m not a second class citizen. Thank you.

TehPhilosopher 1 February, 2013 @ 10:00 pm   179

@161 you couldn’t be more wrong. Price of used games is already in the price of a new game. In other words, games are worth more NEW when they can be re-sold later.

I categorically will not buy PS4 if it locks used games.

I’m pretty sure blocking used game sales is illegal in Europe, anyway.

I’m positive it’s the PS4 announcement. If not, then this is by far the biggest marketing scam of this industry.

artopand 1 February, 2013 @ 10:42 pm   181

Maybe it’s Timesplitters 4 on the Vita

(SEE THE FUTURE!)

Seriously Sony if this hint to the ps4 it’s a complete joke. I love playstation and have been a life long fan but why so soon? I’m definitely not buying, 500+ dollars every 4 or 5 years and for what reason? Spend the money on making the ps3 gaming networks better and giving loyal customers better service and more options. Not to mention the fact that it will not be backwards compatible so we all just wasted that much more money on games we apparently just have to throw aside!

So this really confirms nothing, yes the straight lines suggest something console shaped, and it “sorta” looked like a 4 at 5 seconds or so but thats due to low quality.
Honestly its much more likely something like: combined store globally; Infamous 3 (set in…the future, or perhaps an alternate past and the future, Kesslers able to teleport backwards in time, why couldnt someone else; a Sony “event” either for releasing new games or some sort of competition ; Id say a shakeup of the blog to something less sucky (cmon now, it does suck x_X) but I think its a global announcement?) So dont get too overhyped people, untill the 20th nothing is confirmed :o.
Also wheres the new weekend debate? Unless this subtly is? release a video containing and confirming nothing and see who comes up with the most mental or unlikely reasoning o_o?…

SKIBADEE187 2 February, 2013 @ 12:42 am   184

can not wait hope the rumour of Europe being last to get it is false.

I just hope you don’t have to wait until next year for Europe. A 6 month wait again is not on.

They have had years to work on distribution so no excuse.

THE_FORCE 2 February, 2013 @ 8:56 am   186

The Wall Street Journal firmly believe Sony WILL be announcing the new console on the 20th.

chrisboers 2 February, 2013 @ 8:59 am   187

All Star Battle Royale II already? Just kidding :-)
So, no weekend debate than huh? No problem, this will keep us busy for the weekend and beyond..

Nice move Sony, first saying you don’t value to announce first, and then BAM!

Will be a long night, the 20th :-)

Dear Sony,

Providing you reveal the PS4 on 20th February. I am warning you now Sony. I have my money ready for a new console this year and if these rumours are true that you plan to release the PS4 in Europe in 2014 whereas releasing in America and Japan in 2013 then I am afraid that I will buy the next Xbox (providing it releases this year). I am fed up of USA and Japan getting preferential treatment when Europe are your biggest customers. If the Wii U can launch simultaneously worldwide give or take a couple of weeks, then YOU CAN also do that (there’s no excuse). I would much prefer the PS4 to the next Xbox. Please Sony do not force me to buy the next Xbox along with many other consumers who would not react kindly to the supposed release window.

Please Sony, read this and acknowledge how important a simultaneous worldwide release is to all concerned consumers.

From

James(Massive Sony and PlayStation Fan)

TehPhilosopher 2 February, 2013 @ 10:49 am   189

How entitled do you have to feel that there’s so much butthurt over EU possibly getting a release a few measly months later.

Get real.

Has to be PS4, you can’t make a trailer like this and not be PS4! You just can’t! :P

I’m also hoping that Europe won’t be last to get it. Think how well it will sell if it’s world-wide release Sony!

I can already imagine it.. Unwrapping my PS4 with Final Fantasy Versus XIII as the consoles launch title.

I’d love you forever Sony.

Scuffy_P 2 February, 2013 @ 12:29 pm   192

@ TehPhilosopher (No.190)

Before you start using irrelevant buzzwords such as “Entitlement”, at least use it within context to your comment.

Wanting fair consumerism is not “entitlement”, acknowledging unfair bias is not “entitlement”, protesting against unfair pricing is not “entitlement”, wanting respect for consumer loyalty is not “entitlement”, expecting honesty is not “entitlement”.

Sony have a long history of screwing over Europe repeatedly. Their reasoning? Because sales are higher in Europe than North America, they don’t need to apply as much effort in that territory…and “it’s complicated *sob*” (even though Microsoft and Nintendo have managed perfectly well in Europe).

It all about U.S sales. Always has been…always will be. Understanding that is NOT “entitlement”.

Personally, I don’t think I have the energy to go another generation with SCEE if their archaic territorial business policies don’t change with the PS4; And if they don’t, I’m out. I love Sony…but hate SCEE. Expecting a better service is not “entitlement”.

Linconan 2 February, 2013 @ 1:55 pm   193

Hey Sony, whats this i hear about some Future vid?
Playstation 4 yeah?
*smiles*

Playstation 4 yeah?!
*stares*

i said,..
Playstation 4 yeah.
*nods*

TehPhilosopher 2 February, 2013 @ 2:23 pm   194

@193

What you wrote is the very definition of entitlement. Fair has nothing to do with the release schedule – Sony is not obligated to roll out PS4 at the same time around the world. They roll out however they want, it’s their product. Thinking they do have such obligation is entitlement, and ignores myriad valid business reasons to do so; you even listed a few of them, and there are many others.

Pricing across regions is a LOT more complicated than what fits here, and there are many more reasons for higher prices in EU than US. For starters, cost of doing business in Europe is much higher than US, and EU prices include VAT while US prices don’t include sales taxes. I do this for a living so I have a pretty good grasp of global pricing.

By the end you’re just renting; how does honesty even play into PS4 release?

Flipside666 2 February, 2013 @ 3:39 pm   195

i knew it!!! Sony have developed a time machine for us to see the future! so when i get one im going to travel further into the future and buy the 1st sony/panasonic games console, the Panony 1 lol

Flipside666 2 February, 2013 @ 3:41 pm   196

either that or sony just wont exist lol

Some gaming sites & some of the people who comment on them do talk a load of RUBBISH sometimes i.e Already!?!? they say the PS4 has been delayed in Europe?!?! :D It’s not even been given a date yet!!! So how the hell can it be delayed??? Oh god… :D + we haven’t even seen it yet to!!!… :D You got to laugh at reading that rubbish i suppose(which i do) ;)

Given Sony’s track record of releasing consoles in Europe after Japan & USA it wouldn’t surprise me that they would release the PS4 in Europe last again, they may promise a worldwide launch to begin with similar to PS3 but then change their mind and Europe won’t get it until March 2014.

All i’m hoping for is region free games as that’s the best part of PS3 although having seperate stores etc wasn’t a great idea

BiGsMoO7ke 2 February, 2013 @ 7:26 pm   199

unless Sony is trolling this is PS4 :3

JonnyPauz 2 February, 2013 @ 8:01 pm   200

ps4, ps4, ps4!!!!!!!!!!!

Stonesthrow 2 February, 2013 @ 9:41 pm   201

OMG Heart pounding! It just has to be the ps4 announcement! Any later would be too long of a wait for the actual thing to release :p
For a minute I actually thought I’d get to see it, but it was just one of the icons from up close :p That was dirty btw :p

Will the stream be available to download from the PS Store soon after the live stream?

new slim-line PS2?

New slim-line PSP-Go?

Witcher70 3 February, 2013 @ 2:37 am   205

@TheMART thanks for repeating my comment !! my backlog is highly unlikely to be completed by the end of 2013, i have no room for another console as i own an xbox360 too, so i will have to choose to keep my ps3 or buy the PS4/0rbis. Unless Sony takes into account the many many players who have huge collections. :)

mh637099 3 February, 2013 @ 9:25 am   206

Is it just me or does it keep redirecting me to the PlayStation Global website whenever I try to click the link? I click Europe but takes me to uk.playstation.com instead.

mh637099 3 February, 2013 @ 9:27 am   207

Just found out, use the link in the YouTube video, it works.

Skookie30 3 February, 2013 @ 10:19 am   208

“Truth is, the future has never looked brighter. We’re working hard with Sony Computer Entertainment to advance our cloud gaming platform, and we can’t wait to unveil the next generation of it to you”

Sweet if it true i would rather have cloud gaming compatible with PS3, vita, ps4 & rumour tablets, so i say i rule out Ps4 announcement for now. there stilll E3 & yes Kaz did say we not going first.

there a real danger of going 1st & i don’t see why ppl get upset because sony goes second, is sony goes 1st then MS will say okay we can add more stuff and bettter it more.

that the danger sony was 2nd to put cloud storage MS copy steam & sony now 360 have cloud storage too.

im not too upset if sony keep it cards close to chest.

marcello1306 3 February, 2013 @ 10:33 am   209

come on sony tell us what is it.

marcello1306 3 February, 2013 @ 10:35 am   210

come on sony tell us what it is .

Paul2007 3 February, 2013 @ 11:11 am   211

Watch this from 23.00 on Wednesday night then Thursday, my day off, I will pre-order it! It is almost time to see what Sony’s studios have been up since many of them have not shown anything in a long time – Guerrilla, Evolution and Sucker Punch I looking at you.

Obviously the games are the main attraction but the connectivity between Orbis and Vita, the UI and general integration are things I am really looking forward to. Fingers crossed for a new web browser!

monoliet 3 February, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   212

TehPhilosopher 196@
if we rent ps3 then when i not want them need to take back !+ refund me ( renting box )

we buy console of sony = mi console on the moment i give mony .
onli ting not mine = i may not change tings to the programs !
but also them canot put tings on ith , like advertising = i never wil alowh ith free wil ( spami star ) , i need orginal software from day i buy + software updates to make safer + beter stability , al rest need to be aps we buy ore get free .

the way sony rol out = out however they want , but them are again arogant if them lounch europe last !!!
i wil not suport sony 1-2 + price cut first jears if them only come in 2014
like psn store like role out = if the competition can also do world wide sony need to showh us most sony respecting continent the repect we need to get , if not = by by .
store alredy beter but peopel working are making to many mistakes =
chek u stuf day before on pas3 them own to see if everiting go ok + pre download = pay-then download ful game in once – day release = key on 00:00hr local time .

Project2insanity 3 February, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   213

@monoliet; Easy, tiger. I’m sure he meant to say ranting instead of renting. The latter doesn’t really fit the context.

This has to be the PlayStation 4, I mean the PlayStation 3 is showing age, People saying PlayStation 3 has tons of life left in it? Come on we all know that is far from the truth.
Trophies syncing is a chore, Multi-Plat games are sub par on the PlayStation 3 because of its ram, Opening the XMB while on a game is becoming almost impossible on some games because of it running so slow, No cross chat and it being impossible because of ram again, Even PlayStation exclusives are hitting the limits of the hardware.
Technology has moved forward so rapidly that not making the next PlayStation would leave them way behind.
I’m willing to pay for the next Console/Portable on release just like i did the PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 & PSV.
My main concern for the Next Gen is the rumours of them changing the controller, I think everyone can agree that the PlayStation controller is perfect the way it is, Hell the controller along with the amazing PSExclusives is what keeps me stuck with the PlayStation Brand.
Sorry about rambling on like this but im extremely excited for this announcement and the likelihood of the PS4.

LongLivePlay fellow Playstationers :)

PlayingCasually 3 February, 2013 @ 11:07 pm   215

Why all countries which are served by SCEE aren’t listed in the menu when registering on this page: https://secure.eu.playstation.com/meeting2013/? Of coures, I can choose other country, but really, I’m becoming more and more tired of these restricitions that Sony enforces.

Not just that a bunch of games and services are restricted, it’s even newsletters! Puh’lease! :-(

jadehare 3 February, 2013 @ 11:57 pm   216

I’m with glaw73 (post #201) on this. We wondered why they didn’t launch worldwide & then we knew: gutted the PS3 so you couldn’t play PS2 games. Great job, Unesco, oh wait force of habit, I mean Sony
Marlborough. Such a tease!
I also share the same wish for region free games, that’s why they’re #1 in console gaming worldwide. They do have region blocked Stores, DLC & Vita content (in some way). Either some people don’t know how to strengthen a killer brand or there’s a lucifer cult going on like Sony music, Columbia pictures.

if jack tretton anounces anything be prepared to wait a long time.still sore about rockstars agent.still looking for bigfoot in san andreas jack.

alimik95 5 February, 2013 @ 8:25 am   218

Am I the only one that is guessing on a new PS Vita model?

Pyromobster 5 February, 2013 @ 9:12 am   219

*dies*

chrisboers 5 February, 2013 @ 9:23 am   220

Guess my “All Star Battle Royale II” prediction is out the window.. You guys didn’t have to sack the entire studio, just to debunk that rumor…

Kobra_47 12 February, 2013 @ 8:02 pm   221

‘Jikashi’ I’m curious What makes you so Curious!

wanderly7 18 February, 2013 @ 8:18 am   222

Holy Helghast Sony, The PS4 is so close that I can almost taste it. And it tastes good :D Really looking forward to this ^0^ ^0^