Posted 1 February

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch available now; design a custom Kigu!

Ni No Kuni

It’s that time we know you’ve been waiting for: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is available now in shops across Europe and Australasia and for digital download from PlayStation Store.

The game, described as “pure, sweet RPG nectar” by Official PlayStation Magazine, is from the talented Japanese development team LEVEL-5 with animation from the legendary Studio Ghibli. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch follows the heart-warming tale of a young boy named Oliver, who embarks on a journey into a parallel world in an attempt to bring his mother back from the dead.

Take a look at the new launch trailer below:

To celebrate this launch, Namco Bandai Games EU and PlayStation Blog have come together to run an exclusive Ni no Kuni competition. We’d like you to design your very own familiar as inspired by the critters that populate the world of Ni no Kuni!

Let your imagination run wild with your design because the top 10 runners-up will receive Japanese copies of the Wizard’s Companion book while one lucky winner will have their design made into a one-of-a-kind custom Kigu that they can wear with pride! .

Ni No Kuni contest

Good luck!

To enter the competition, get more details and for the full terms and conditions head to our contest site. The closing date for entries is 1st March 2013 and is open to PAL territories only.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

43 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

after pre-order got canceled, i cant redownload it or even buy :S (polish store)

necronightmage 1 February, 2013 @ 4:37 pm   2

but its not avalible to download on the PS store only the ppl who preorded can download it i have the money in my wallet but cant buy it thanks sony for neglecting new customers (y)ive been waiting just as long as the others i was there at midnight ready to buy it

after i download free in store ( 2 part )= not auto start
so in xmb i go to downloadlist – dowload 2 part from list

nowh on 7% 2 part = i only wil be abel to play tomoro tanks to sony .

2 parts = !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 part dowload when u are noth ath home 1 key unlock on morning 00:00 hr locale time .

NightTriger 1 February, 2013 @ 4:47 pm   4

sony REALLY REALLY messed up with this, not only people not able to play on release, but now they won’t even let people buy it and it also cancelled people’s pre orders because auto funding was off…….

WHAT SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps i hope we get extra to compensation in game
i put ps3 standby tinking 2 part go dowload on 24:00
then wen i come home i happy to play = bummer 2 big mistake in 1 week store update .

i realy am afraid to buy stuf on psn in the future .

Was probally a bad time to make this thread. It will just be full of Ni No Kuni PSN problems.

BwsPudding 1 February, 2013 @ 4:48 pm   7

But i cant play it! I have it downloaded but it only says that installation was not correct.
I have downloaded the 2 part now but even so i cant play it!

So why have you already drawn money from my account if i am still not aloud to play the game? Not good Sony not good.

BwsPudding

u have dowload 6020mb nowh 16 gb then .

u have not dowloaded 2 x same 6020 mb ?
haaaa if tru = i want refund if i am not abel to play after big gb download .

3:47 until nowh = only 10 % dowload of 16 gb
so u rely fast speed internet BwsPudding ?

BwsPudding 1 February, 2013 @ 5:03 pm   10

okay apperently i have managed to download the small one twice..
But then how do i get the big one? i can´t seem to find it.

lol , jep i have medium speed . so rely funy if u are already completed ;).

go in store dowload again free !
then if not want to start auto go xmb then look in u downloadlist 16gb file , i hope u have u answord .

2 files = mes hahahaha .

BwsPudding 1 February, 2013 @ 5:14 pm   13

okay found it! Thanks

Now just comes the looooooong wait.

u are abel to play today
i tomoro , i need to work in 1.5 hr of nowh :(

makes me even more angry .

i hope sony learn big lesson today
ful dowload after paying then key on 00:00 hr local time .
if game canseld ore to 1 reason not comming = refund

i hope u read en give to inportant peopel !
if i do buisnes like u sony , i have no job in 1 week .

Thats why i got it on disc, actually upgraded my HD recently and it left a bad bad taste in my mouth. The whole backup and restore is louse, slow, buggy and i can continue in this fashion.
So now i will be buying the games i really like until i see a huge improvement. Even a simple utility that backs up all your save game isnt there. I can copy individual game saves sure but is it to much to ask for a simple copy all save games to external HD?

Any way this game looks awesome so i hope you guys can enjoy it soon.

17 hours late, pre-order cancelled, can’t buy the game, i’ll probably lose any pre-order bonus. Yeah, let’s celebrate, at this point only alcohol in large quantity can make me forget this mess. You guys are 5 years late on digital pre-order management and expectations.

Marrsterhausen 1 February, 2013 @ 6:20 pm   17

What a pity the release for such a prestigious title has been messed up. With the Wizards edition being oversold due to Namco Bandai being greedy & selling to Play Canada on eBay for a huge profit & now this digital download debacle. What a mess SONY… I was really looking forward to this too.

Tsubaki_14 1 February, 2013 @ 6:23 pm   18

I got this game as a euro wizard’s edition I’ve been playing it nonstop it’s very addictive and amazing, you should see the world it’s fkin GORGEOUS I feel like it’s a hand-painted masterpiece! And btw, you’ll be using that wizard’s companion book more often than you think in the game, for some puzzles and especially for alchemy, the ingame scanned-images like version of the book.. all I gotta say is I thank the heavens I have a hardcopy version! You might wanna get yourselves one of those :p it’s a gorgeous book anyways the combination of a bookworm and a gamer would absolutely adore it, I sure do!

Marrsterhausen 1 February, 2013 @ 6:27 pm   19

@Tsubaki : it’s long sold out unfortunately… I preordered mine last October & was told last week it had been cancelled. Way to go Namco Bandai.

bashforking 1 February, 2013 @ 7:31 pm   20

why my comment not showing

MP_is_for_Chumps 1 February, 2013 @ 8:23 pm   21

hey hollie who the chick in ur avatar?

DayDr3emrs 1 February, 2013 @ 10:25 pm   22

this is an amazing game. Im not very far in at the moment but loving every minute.
I Will give this comp a good crack.I only ended upwith the regular editions so I Still want that book :D even if its in japanese.

Any plans on bringing the soundtrack our way?

Propinquity 2 February, 2013 @ 11:40 am   23

Seemingly there is a worldwide shortgage of this game (even amazon won’t get new stock until the 19th feb). Seems a bit dodgy, as if you buy it digitally it’ll cost you £10-15 more than it would in a store.

Of course online avoids distribution costs, the disc, instruction manual etc etc.. so it should technically be lower due to this. Have contacted Trading Standards UK to investigate exactly why there wasn’t enough of the game and why the online store at both sony and xbox is overpriced compared to the competition. (as it’s seen as unfair for the consumer).

Also just to explain why this game will NEVER appear on the xbox 360 and why it is PS3 only. Simply because of “level 5″, they were making an MMO on the original xbox (true fantasy live online) which was canned after 4 years of development and level 5 have never forgiven microsoft. They were also the ones responsible for White Knight Chronicles (which didn’t have issues with distribution and numbers).

Sony, and the publishers (Namco) should be very red faced just now.

@Propinquity
Uh yeah, whatfor should they be “red faced” again? For porting it to the PS3 and bringing this gem to the west? How dare they!

If you still don’t know why digital versions cost more than some retail options … well, you should question your logic then. You don’t have to like the results, but if you think complaining to your Trading Standards would result is anything, let me have a laugh at your hilarious ideas.

So guess what, either pay the prices that are required or wait till they restocked. Yes, waiting is a valid solution to your “problem”.

Dave-The-Rave 2 February, 2013 @ 5:21 pm   25

I just sent off my entry. I just attached the JPEG to the email and included my name. Is that all I have to do?

dogwalker4000 2 February, 2013 @ 5:38 pm   26

Really disappointed the way the release has been handled to be honest. Out of stock everywhere and the only other option is to buy from individual sellers or buy from the store, both at inflated prices.

Went to GAME today in the hope of picking up a copy on disc, only to be told at the counter that they are selling download codes not physical copies. Kinda sucks, but I’m not gonna lie and say I won’t buy it from the store because the temptation is still very much there.

Hopefully Namco learn some lessons here about how they distribute in Europe next time around because it has been a poor showing for Ni No Kuni, which is a terrible shame because this should be played by as many people as possible.

Propinquity 2 February, 2013 @ 9:04 pm   27

@ Golwar

I better explain in easy to explain access, if they were unable to provide the game at the store for consumers to buy. But still sell at an inflated price on their own store, then that would be a monopoly. (maybe i should stop there as i might confuse you with big words).

As for red face, Sony already had to change their preorder date at the last second last week because Namco had to be contacted by the customer to ask why Sony are planning on releasing the game one week in advance. (this was something Agros was fined for in the UK on the release of Halo 3).

Actually know what you’re talking about before posting =) ty

Propinquity 2 February, 2013 @ 9:12 pm   28

The only good news is that the first DLC will be free.

(usually you have to pay for it, and lets face it 80% of the time the contents already on the disc and you’re just downloading the 4k to unlock it)

Stonesthrow 2 February, 2013 @ 9:51 pm   29

Awesome game! I’ve been dying for a good JRPG and finally got it. How can you not love the Ghibli art style..? Big thumbs up for having the Japanese voice-overs on the disc too! Eventhough the dub sounds good too, it just wouldn’t have that complete Japanese feeling in English.
Hope other JRPG devs realise we want the original VO’s on top of the dubs :p

@Golwar

Really how do you justify that digital copy is more expensive than hard copy please i’m just dying to understand your reasoning?
Sure they can charge what the heck they want but that doesnt make it right! And that would be a good enough reason to push people to pirate the games(not because it the right thing to but people get [DELETED] of).

Its thank to greedy companies and people like you that companies continue to milk money from people and dont charge reasonable prices.

TINTINTB303 3 February, 2013 @ 2:12 pm   31

@Golwar

Please tell us why a digital copy of a game should be more than a physical copy.

I (and others on here) are clearly missing something that you seem to know/understand that we don’t.

Please enlighten us with your pearls of wisdom…..

Project2insanity 3 February, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   32

@Syrus_ ; Your last sentence really doesn’t sit well. I’m not going to go in-depth here because it’s been said a hundred times and I’d rather not fuel this going off-topic any further- I’m a bit guilty with doing that sometimes.

In short, don’t blame people for buying the games for being higher priced. Golwar knows the reason (as do a few of the blog regulars) and he’s basically saying Propinquity hasn’t done any research on the matter.

@Propinquity; Wouldn’t it make more sense to ask the publisher why there’s a shortage? Call me crazy, but a title like this comes across as difficult to judge how it’ll be received. Would risking overstock make financial sense? Those aren’t points for you to address, just to think on.

As for Argos, didn’t they actually break the release date? Little different from rectifying a mistake before it happens. “Know what you’re talking about before posting?” To add to that for yourself, keep things relevant, please.

Skookie30 3 February, 2013 @ 2:49 pm   33

oh i must have left earth & live on mars, namco bandi didn’t see this coming being understock is the end result.

where the logic in that, it saying “what if ppl dont like it & all JRPG’s then we got loads unwanted stock better play it safe eh.”

that i don’t believe do ppl not look around the internet sony official forums, here EU-blog, gamefaqs if so they would see ppl keep asking “where the JRPG’s coming on Ps3″ “why no JRPG’s on ps3″ “when this JRPG title coming”

also if there look they see there a huge demand of JRPG’s & imports or are they deaf & blind. :|

Im glad it not a SCEE title, because SCEE set they prices fairer :)

@TINTINTB303

Sorry, I’m not sure if one might be enable “to enlighten you”, as you obviously can’t read. Did I claim that a digital copy was any better? Nope. So where did you get that idea from?

What I said is that reasons exist why the standard digital copy costs more than the same physical product in many shops.
Everyone with a basic sense of logic will register that this is something entirely different. And I’m also sorry if you still don’t know that retail requests higher digital prices, so that enough customers still have a reason to buy their games from them. See, I even said that he wouldn’t have to like that reason, only that it exists. Smart, eh?

@Propinquity
Come back when you know what a monopoly really is.
Little hint: It is NOT when a game publisher decides to sell its game online only. Shocking, I know!

Project2insanity 3 February, 2013 @ 7:20 pm   35

@Skookie30; You just tried to address points where I explicitly expressed “aren’t points for you to address.” I wasn’t suggesting anyone else to address them… I said immediately prior to that, “Wouldn’t it make more sense to ask the publisher why there’s a shortage?” So the reason I followed up as I did is because that example was a ‘possible’ reason. Why d’you argue when I was essentially saying ask the publisher rather than speculate and certainly wasn’t pretending to know myself?

Just for the record, the demand you read on blogs and forums do not represent sales. Reply as you please, I won’t discuss this further here. Already a post more than I intended.

Skookie30 3 February, 2013 @ 8:21 pm   36

That all well & Good ask the devs the reason eh, i know the reason their say this “if there a huge demand it likely EU will get it” & “if it sells well we get it”

now if their devs read around the net like i said, on Sqaure enix site the old chestnut “when are you going to give us chrono cross” so basically what im saying is it alright their say these things but fail to deliver, understock etc and saying if demands are high when it is if they look.

i was not getting at you, but im getting sick of devs saying those words if their look around then they wont be any understock that the point, basically you telling me to ask the devs and WE did all over the Net.

& no-one can answer Why.

Skookie30 3 February, 2013 @ 8:31 pm   37

* that chestnut too demands dont meet sales is utter tosh, their also said if feedback was good they consider it well bully for them there is feedback around the Net.

the reason Ni No Kuni was in EU was a huge demand but why did they Not see the understock as hollie did not answer any questions above.

lkjhgtrdesz 4 February, 2013 @ 6:34 am   38

My download stops at 92%.
Wat can I do to download it up to 100%?

TINTINTB303 4 February, 2013 @ 8:13 am   39

@Golwar
Posted on 2 February, 2013 at 2:29 pm by Golwar

^^^That sentence suggests to me that you know why digital versions are more expensive than many retail options in the main. No?
I’m curious to know what you know that the rest of us don’t.
I don’t know why digital versions are more expensive than some retail options.
You seem to. Please let me know what you know.

No need to insult my reading ability now is there??

That is all.

Awh, poor TINTINTB303. First off, you “invited” me to be less friendly to you too, with “please enlighten us with your pearls of wisdom…”. Seems a bit pointless to complain about bad manners, when you started it, eh?

Besides, it isn’t really an insult when it is a fact. And that you can’t read has been proven once more, as you still seem oblivious to the reason, despite that I mentioned it in my last comment.

Perhaps you need some special spotlighting so that you can discover it too?

*****Be aware, a reason will be listed next*******

“… that retail requests higher digital prices, so that enough customers still have a reason to buy their games from them.”

*****You can switch to your usual ignore mode once again*****

Do you need any further explanation?
Maybe that Publishers still depend on retail during the transition to a digital only future, so that they had to make compromises? And digital not droping beneath RRP is a fairly simple one.

If you should fail to read once more, don’t expect any further replies from me.

TINTINTB303 4 February, 2013 @ 3:57 pm   41

I’m perfectly calm Fred. :-)

I just don’t know why some people get so nasty, insulting and use personal insults on this blog either. :-(

Go figure…

Stonesthrow 4 February, 2013 @ 6:23 pm   42

Well, since this topic is already as much offtopic as it can get : Please, keep these discussions for the forums or whatever, not trying to go all mod on you guys but it’s annoying to read in this section since it’s completely offtopic and personal. Also, these comment sections should be limited to one post (looking at you monoliet) and urgently need an editing function (!!!). And what’s up with the paragraphs acting all weird lately? Any news on an editing function atleast Fred? Sorry for going offtopic, won’t happen again ;)

rob_dee81 5 February, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   43

Just wanted to say thanks to Namco for bringing us this delightfull little gem, sure the PS Store kinda messed up the release and i had to wait a while but in the end lets not make these errors what this game is remembered for. Its been a LONG time since any game filled me with wonder and that sense of being on such an epic adventure, im just on my way to aquire a boat, who knows what cool things are around the corner :) anyway ive got places to go and familiars to tame , thanks again :D