Posted 11:01am

The PlayStation Blog recap

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Man, what a week! We started with a bang on Monday with news of February’s massive PS Plus update; followed that up on Tuesday with great news for all of you awaiting Soul Sacrifice; then there were eye-popping new PS Vita trailers from the supremely talented Killzone: Mercenary and Tearaway teams; and then we capped things off on Friday with a mean and moody new live action God of War clip.

Oh, and there was the not-entirely-inconsequential matter of PlayStation Meeting 2013 ;)

I can’t promise we’ll maintain that sort of pace next week, but we’ll do our best. We’re hoping to deliver news of a PS Vita sale, as well as more on Killzone and Tearaway, and a little Sly Cooper update too. See y’all on Monday!

Playstation EU

• Weekend Essentials – Let a special selection of games cast a spell over you this weekend, with our pick of the latest releases on PS3 and PS Vita.
  • Game On – Give your week a boost of quality entertainment with DUST 514 and a fantastic Final Fantasy sale.
  • Top Tips: FIFA Interactive World Cup – Shoot for glory in the world’s biggest online video game tournament with these top tips from the 2008 and 2012 FIFA Interactive World Cup Champion, Alfonso Ramos.
  • Preview: DUST 514 – Blast off into large-scale warfare as we get our hands on the epic PlayStation 3 sci-fi shooter.
  • Enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII on PlayStation Vita – Remember Cloud and Sephiroth? Relive the genre defining role-playing game in the Final Fantasy sale on PlayStation Store now.
  • Reliving the greatness of FINAL FANTASY VIII on PS Vita – Take advantage of the Final Fantasy sale on PlayStation Store and enjoy a PlayStation 2 classic now.

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

51 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first
jameswalker85 3 February, 2013 @ 11:06 am   1

“PlayStation Plus: Your February content – Sleeping Digs, Wipeout 2048, Quantum Conundrum and more to download.”

Sleeping Digs? Can’t wait!

TheLegendOfMart 3 February, 2013 @ 11:10 am   2

Ni No Kuni, out now. Still haven’t played it yet.

First download was corrupt because of your screw ups, second time the 16Gb chunk was corrupted, now on my third download.

Bought it on Friday, still haven’t been able to play it.

Last time I buy an overpriced digital game.

declan__watson 3 February, 2013 @ 11:22 am   3

Hello Fred
I hope you are enjoying the rest of your weekend, I saw about that see the future video on youtube, I am really excited to see whats on offer. If this year is the launch of PlayStation 4 then I can gurrentee you, I wilk already have my Christmas present. ;)
Ordered my PlayStation Vita Card on wednesday 16 gb so hopefully when it comes ill be able to put more games, music, videos etc onto my vita.
Cannot wait for sleeping dogs, nd my subscription to ps plus runs out on tuesday, but I already have a renewed membership.
Enjoy the reat of your weekend Fred. :)
LongLivePlay

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 3 February, 2013 @ 11:43 am   4

I have a great sale idea, maybe call it the “clear out sale” and sell <2009 game DLC dirt cheap?
Anyway, thanks for the great work, when can you please enlighten me on news of the Vita sale? I have £16 on my account an I'm unable to decide whether to wait until the Vita sale or buy Hitman:HD. Thanks.

Fred Dutton 4 February, 2013 @ 9:28 am

Just pinning down the content list today – hopefully we’ll announce later this week.

declan__watson 3 February, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   5

Hello
I was thinking about the WipEout series, why not give the rights of the game to Naughty Dog or SCE WorldWide studios. I think this Franchise has a lot of potential.

declan__watson 3 February, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   6

I shouldve said why not give the rights of the franchise. Sorry fpr mistake. :)

Project2insanity 3 February, 2013 @ 2:44 pm   7

@declan__watson; Don’t you worry your little self. If the publisher sees the series as profitable, we’ll surely see more of it. If not, had a great run to be proud of.

evilwitch83 3 February, 2013 @ 3:04 pm   8

For anyone who’s interested, you can preorder Sly Cooper Thieves in Time for the PS3 for £25.18 at Zavvi.

Fred, thanks for the PS Plus goodies you guys give us every month! I can’t really complain about PS Plus, but it would be nice if a really good game like Sleeping Dogs wasn’t on sale (for the price of €18) one month (not 6 months or 1 year) before it was available for free on the IGC. It makes me feel a little unlucky, to say the least. But, since I ‘ve been given the privilege to play many other terrific games in the IGC (Resident Evil 5, Dead Space 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Infamous 2, Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands, Batman Arkham City, Uncharted Golden Abyss, etc.), it really isn’t much of an issue for me.

Can’t wait for PS Vita titles like Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway and the latest Sly Cooper.

I am ready for 20th February. Is PS 5 announced that day?!?! Because we haven’t heard much about the fourth one for quite some time!!!…

ryannumber3gamer 3 February, 2013 @ 3:39 pm   10

Fred please tell me that the Sly Cooper update is about the demos. The US has had them since 2 weeks ago and they get Sly Cooper Thieves in Time in 2 days. We have to wait 2 more months.

Anyway some questions.

1.How are the PS All-Stars costumes coming along?
2.Will we get anything with Sly Cooper Thieves in Time since we have to wait 2 months like when the US got the Sly demo and the R&C 10th Anniversary avatar when they had to wait 2 months for the R&C Trilogy?
3.Is there a confirmed date for R&C Qforce Vita yet?

Fred Dutton 4 February, 2013 @ 9:30 am

Yes, hopefully we’ll have a demo date for you.

1. No update on this for you today I’m afraid
    2. I don’t believe so, but I’ll check
    3. No date today I’m afraid, but it shouldn’t be too long now. The studio is making sure it’s the very best it can be.

residentSteve 3 February, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   11

Me too @1 I can’t wait for sleeping digs.

cowbanana 3 February, 2013 @ 4:19 pm   12

Concerning Dokuro.

It is a real shame that what should have been a great launch for a very nice game (I really liked the “premium demo” I got) ends up with customers unable to play and SCEE unwilling to handle things in a timely manner. Latest word on the street is that refunds will happen late next week :/

I find this totally unacceptable, but what can I do? Screaming at SCEE through the few venues available to me isn’t doing anything.

I feel for the developer/publisher, being dragged through the mud by Sony’s corporate incompetence.

When companies get so big that the individual customer means crap to them it’s really hard to penetrate the wall of unwillingness they hide behind, like cowards.

Shameful treatment of customers on all levels. You must do better than this!

Q Force?

socialjeebus 3 February, 2013 @ 4:58 pm   14

Mmmmm….very interesting page up on the PS Web Store:

Care to enlighten us Fred?

The games don’t have appeared to have had a sale discount applied yet.

supersmith2500 3 February, 2013 @ 5:26 pm   15

And that 1st birthday sale does look promising and yet again wipEout 2048 gets left out in which doesn’t matter to us because the game is free this month anyways but why is Lumines on the sale when it’s free later this month?

I can’t wait to see ‘KillZone 4K’(on a ’4K Blu-ray’ new disc) on the ‘PS4K’ on the 20th of this month!!! :P :P :P (well that was my dream last night) :D

remove_singstar 3 February, 2013 @ 7:12 pm   17

If anyone has bought a faulty item from PSN and then been advised by any Sony employee to phone the premium rate help line to fix problem please contact trading standards and log a complaint. It’s an infringement of your consumer rights.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 3 February, 2013 @ 7:15 pm   18

Would somebody please mind clicking on #15′s link and posting what is on the sale? The link isn’t supported on my IPod Touch.
Thanks.

Nightmare966 3 February, 2013 @ 7:58 pm   19

Hi Fred, it’s truly been a great week this one. Bayonetta, lots of God of War: Ascension and that teasing, hmm… ;)

I’d like to inform, by the way, of what appears to be a pricing issue in the Store. I’ve just noticed that the Harley Quinn’s Revenge DLC for Arkham City is 9,99€ but I’d swear it was 7,99€ since launch until… well, early December at least. I guess it’s an error?

Oh, and looking forward next week — that Sly update seems promising. I’ve already pre-ordered my copy :D

Skookie30 3 February, 2013 @ 9:08 pm   20

It been a very good week fred, with the plus update, that tease video & god of war trailer a day 1 buy for me :)

silmorat1 3 February, 2013 @ 9:27 pm   21

@XzSlLENTSNIPERzX

it the sen shop on pc and it lists all the vita 1 year old sale deals, the prices haven’t dropped yet tho!

supersmith2500 3 February, 2013 @ 9:41 pm   22

@silmorat1
The 1st Birthday sale for Vita might be announced tommorow.

Insanity, be fair. Given how often the same or similar mistakes happen every week with the store, and how really we rarely get appologies, and things can sit in “we have no information on this” for months, despite being fixed everywhere else, then they suggest we email them (which always results in exactly the same C+P robot reply) yes the number is “only” 4p a minute, but given how long it takes them to even understand the issue? and how rarely they actually solve the issue (had them phone me about 5 times for issues, none were solved -.-, got told I was wrong or they “couldnt possibly comment”, thats when they do infact ring when you ask, had them phone twice when I told them I wouldnt be available o_o) paying even 1p a minute is unfair, if SCEE as a whole was even somewhat decent and this was for extra bonus issues? sorta fair enough, given the cancer that is ever present for every damn area (Blg, store, “customer service”) yes, there should be mass layoffs and retraining

awaiting moderation, be honest about Sony, get muted =/, I honestly think they use previous comments on the weekend debates and blacklist people for being fed up o_o.
where was my ungramatical rant?
oh yes. Elsewise people are going to be even less trusting of the PS4, I mean I know I dont intend to pick one up untill theres a redesign, and by then itll give me more than enough information to see if Europe still gets pooped on. I can imagine this “imagine the future” event will wind up with tech issues, and if it is indeed the PS4, be delayed months over here, and cost a lot more, I do not have faith they will not screw it up x_X.

Back on point, offering a “free” customer service email they sends stock robot replies to force you into paying 4p a minute for someone to waste half an hour on a simply issue is dishonest, you cant not agree, elsewise you are indeed a troll, or stupid, or work for Sony, or the government >_>.

GANTZn00b 4 February, 2013 @ 9:40 am   25

Hi Fred, hope your still watching this blog… just have a simple question

Will DEAD SPACE 3 will be available as digital download on day-1 on the store or do i need to get the bluray ?

hi fred ,

i nowh usa wil get 1st skyrim update in week of 11 febr.
buth when Europe ?

news about ragnorack odysee ore terraria ?

ps4 = I’m not fascinated by the ps4, reason still singstar virus (spam) on ps3.
Also the idea that Europe is back as the third would not surprise me.
If you nevertheless bring the ps4 in 2014 in Europe, I only wil buy the ps4 in the start of 2015/ore end jear 2015 – also wil need 1 pricedrop .

Fred Dutton 4 February, 2013 @ 9:55 am   27

As soon as Bethesda confirms an EU release date for the Skyrim DLC, I’ll let you all know.

We should have a Ragnarok update later this week.

Nothing new to say about Terraria- but it’s still coming as far as I know!

tank u fred i hope u had good wekend like me !

love ni no kuni best rpg in time , only chame on psn problems i needed to wait longer to get mi pre order , hope next times 1 ful dowload not in pieces then unlock key morning of lounch .

Hi Fred

Is Aliens Colonial Marines getting also digital release next week ?

Thanks

R_a_z_i_e_l 4 February, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   30

Shame to hear not even Insomniac knows when Ratchet And Clank for the Vita is coming out because it was given to another developer and they are not answering their calls and questions back.

Catkiller1 4 February, 2013 @ 12:57 pm   31

@ FRED

Any news on why Dance Magic & Wrestlefest has DLC packs released without the main game, then removed from the Store?

When will the titles be released & is CAPCOM Arcade Cabinet released this month or has Microsoft claimed a timed exclusive?

Kind Regards

ADAMJAMESXX 4 February, 2013 @ 1:00 pm   32

It cost me £2.89 for four mins on a bt land line so while not exactly premium it isn’t that cheap either :-D although they will eventually sort your problems after 5 or 6 calls :-D and listening to please hold often :-P

@ADAMJAMESXX

thats a bit high a 40 min call to customer support cost me less than £1.50

Adie_Stone 4 February, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   34

I cant find the Garfield wallpaper.

The Garfield pack is up twice though.

“We’re hoping to deliver news of a PS Vita sale, as well as more on Killzone and Tearaway, and a little Sly Cooper update too. See y’all on Monday”

Hoping… I’m hoping for over 2 months already that the PSVita sale is here, after constant promises of ‘coming soon’. I’m really flabbergasted what is taking so long, while PS3 got bot an Xmas sale and an early January festival sales discount on many games.

It better be good when it lands, and not a major disappointment of discounts on stuff that no one wants.

ADAMJAMESXX 4 February, 2013 @ 5:35 pm   36

It being a bit high doesn’t change the fact that’s what it cost :-D I’m not a troll or whatever people call it or blaming anyone the reason I had to call was because I downloaded a trial didn’t play it then months later brought that game and it ended up having a trial date still on it:-D lol I messed up.anyways I’m just passing on that it cost me a little more than 4p a minute to ring them.

ADAMJAMESXX 4 February, 2013 @ 5:37 pm   37

Lmao still the amount of money I’ve saved thru ps plus lol I can’t ever complain on a phone call :-P

“Although Sony have removed the page in question, it looks like the Vita will be treated to a first birthday sale on the PSN Store soonish. Picked up across the web, the now defunct page listed a few games that would be on sale, although no sale prices had been applied.

The games listed apparently were:

Asphalt Injection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Lumines
Michael Jackson the experience (really?)
Rayman Origins
Army Corps of Hell
Touch my Katamari
Ridge Racer Ultimate Edition
Shinobido 2
Tales from Space
F1 2011
A Men
Blaz Blue
Street Fighter X Tekken”

Meh, Lumines we get for free this month with PSN+, a lot of rubbish games in there. SCEA gave PSVita users LittleBigPlanet Vita for 18 USD in the Xmas sale, and Escape Plan 50% discount from 15 to 7.50. From this list most is old, given for free already, or not even worth buying at all. I hope this will be updated with some better stuff. Have we waited two full months to get this announced?

“Asphalt Injection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Lumines
Michael Jackson the experience (really?)
Rayman Origins
Army Corps of Hell
Touch my Katamari
Ridge Racer Ultimate Edition
Shinobido 2
Tales from Space
F1 2011
A Men
Blaz Blue
Street Fighter X Tekken”

Meh, Lumines we get for free this month with PSN+, a lot of meh games in there. SCEA gave PSVita users LittleBigPlanet Vita for 18 USD in the Xmas sale, and Escape Plan 50% discount from 15 to 7.50. From this list most is old, given for free already, or not even worth buying at all. I hope this will be updated with some better stuff. Have we waited two full months to get this announced?

Why are comments awaiting moderation with no weird stuff in there nowadays…

Why are comments awaiting moderation when there is nothing weird in it nowadays???

“Asphalt Injection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Lumines
Michael Jackson the experience (really?)
Rayman Origins
Army Corps of Hell
Touch my Katamari
Ridge Racer Ultimate Edition
Shinobido 2
Tales from Space
F1 2011
A Men
Blaz Blue
Street Fighter X Tekken”

“Asphalt Injection,Dungeon Hunter Alliance,Lumines,Michael Jackson the experience,Rayman Origins,Army Corps of Hell,Touch my Katamari,Ridge Racer Ultimate Edition,Shinobido 2,Tales from Space,F1 2011,A Men,Blaz Blue,Street Fighter X Tekken”

thesixthaxis.com/2013/02/04/rumour-ps-vita-getting-first-birthday-sale-in-europe/?

o.0 i am faster then sony again why devlopers first on blog en not telling u first ?in euro zone = confirmd by bethesda on blog

Dragonborn release woensdag( wensday ), 13 februari
Hearthfire release woensdag, 20 februari
Dawnguard release woensdag, 27 februari

supersmith2500 4 February, 2013 @ 6:46 pm   46

sigh, the lack of support from SCEE is disheartening me. But hey, least Ragnarok Odyssey shouldn’t be far off now. I bet the Vita sale gets revealed tommorow. The Vita should get some love this or next week somehow. Hope Lumines gets replaced by something else since it becomes free later this month for Plus.

supersmith2500 = cool down , Ragnarok Odyssey update later this week.
i hope date to .

edit skyrim dlc.

Update (2/4): We now European release dates for the English versions of Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard. They are:
•Dragonborn releases Wednesday, February 13
•Hearthfire releases Wednesday, February 20
•Dawnguard releases Wednesday, February 27

For folks with the French, Italian, German, or Spanish release of the game, we continue to work with Sony to finalize these dates. We’ll update this post when we have the dates.

This week Dragonborn, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and the 1.8 title update have all cleared certification with SCEA. As we speak, we’re working with Sony Europe to finalize certification for other territories.

What does this mean? It means we now have the official release dates for Skyrim add on content in North America. They are:
•Dragonborn releases Tuesday, February, 12
•Hearthfire releases Tuesday, February, 19
•Dawnguard releases Tuesday, February, 26

Don’t forget: all three add-ons will be marked down to 50% during their first week of release.

Project2insanity 4 February, 2013 @ 11:37 pm   49

@Dermado; I think you may have misread what I was saying. Where I said I appreciate his sentiment, that was me saying I entirely understand the issue with it. I wouldn’t be happy with it either if I was given that response. I was just trying to get the point across that one shouldn’t misquote law- it never ends well.

Project2insanity 4 February, 2013 @ 11:42 pm   50

@ADAMJAMESXX; I meant to say this above. Unless you called directory enquiries and they transferred your call, it may be worth calling/emailing BT about the cost because their call rates certainly don’t reflect the price of yours from what I can see.

Load all