Posted 3 February
The PlayStation Blog recap
Man, what a week! We started with a bang on Monday with news of February’s massive PS Plus update; followed that up on Tuesday with great news for all of you awaiting Soul Sacrifice; then there were eye-popping new PS Vita trailers from the supremely talented Killzone: Mercenary and Tearaway teams; and then we capped things off on Friday with a mean and moody new live action God of War clip.
Oh, and there was the not-entirely-inconsequential matter of PlayStation Meeting 2013
I can’t promise we’ll maintain that sort of pace next week, but we’ll do our best. We’re hoping to deliver news of a PS Vita sale, as well as more on Killzone and Tearaway, and a little Sly Cooper update too. See y’all on Monday!
- Video Store update, 28th January 2013 – We’ve two new releases for you this week.
- Community update: New community digital magazine out now – Written, designed and compiled entirely by the members of the community!
- PlayStation Plus: Your February content – Sleeping Dogs, Wipeout 2048, Quantum Conundrum and more to download.
- Ghoulish platformer Dokuro charms on PS Vita this week – Players in the EU and Australia can finally enjoy Dokuro’s 147 levels of puzzles, platforms, spikes and saw blades.
- Sack it to me: Grab your Garfield wallpaper – Download the wallpaper to celebrate the Garfield and Odie Minipack
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus: release date and new features detailed – Tecmo’s PS Vita sequel is out next month and has new features!
- Hitman: HD Trilogy steps out of the shadows and onto PS3 – Hitman: Blood Money arrives on the PlayStation format for the first time.
- Soul Sacrifice: Release date and pre-order extras revealed – Pre-order and you’ll receive a bundle of extras to enjoy.
- PlayStation Home update: Setsubun ogre extermination! – Check out this week’s Home Update.
- Six weeks of free PlayStation Mobile gaming – update 3 – This week’s freebie is a classic action puzzle game – Cubixx!
- Bayonetta now available on PSN! – Sega’s iconic action game gets a digital release.
- ‘Heads-up’ PlayStation Store update, 30th January 2013 – This week’s Store Update includes Ni No Kuni, Bayonetta, Crysis 3 open beta and more.
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City out today on PSN – Get nostalgic with this PS2 Classic, and print out the original map.
- Defiance: release date and new live action trailer – The upcoming massive online third person shooter will soon be available!
- Killzone: Mercenary – new trailer, screens and gameplay details! – Buckle up and enjoy the stunning new trailer from the team at Guerrilla Cambridge.
- New Tearaway trailer: Welcome to Sogport! – Media Molecule show off a little more of their new PS Vita adventure
- Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut – Revisiting a cult horror classic – We sit down for a candid chat with enigmatic creator Swery.
- Set your alarms! Wake-Up Club arrives on PS Vita next week – Make sure you’re never late with this free app on PS Vita
- See The Future – Be the first to know…
- God of War: Ascension “From Ashes” live action trailer – See Kratos and his family brought to life in stunning detail.
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch available now; design a custom Kigu! – LEVEL-5’s latest is finally upon us!
- The Weekend Playlist, 2nd February 2013 – This week’s guest contributor is SEGA’s Mike Kebby.
- Weekend Essentials – Let a special selection of games cast a spell over you this weekend, with our pick of the latest releases on PS3 and PS Vita.
- Game On – Give your week a boost of quality entertainment with DUST 514 and a fantastic Final Fantasy sale.
- Top Tips: FIFA Interactive World Cup – Shoot for glory in the world’s biggest online video game tournament with these top tips from the 2008 and 2012 FIFA Interactive World Cup Champion, Alfonso Ramos.
- Preview: DUST 514 – Blast off into large-scale warfare as we get our hands on the epic PlayStation 3 sci-fi shooter.
- Enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII on PlayStation Vita – Remember Cloud and Sephiroth? Relive the genre defining role-playing game in the Final Fantasy sale on PlayStation Store now.
- Reliving the greatness of FINAL FANTASY VIII on PS Vita – Take advantage of the Final Fantasy sale on PlayStation Store and enjoy a PlayStation 2 classic now.
- We get a hands on preview with PS Vita’s Killzone Mercenary. Plus we’ve got the latest Killzone Mercenary screens.
- See all new Tearaway gameplay in our preview, including a chat to Media Molecule’s Rex Crowle. We’ve also got a load of Tearaway screens to check out.
- Get some handy PS3 Dawnguard tips for Skyrim, now it’s finally out on PlayStation.
- We look back at the greatest console of all time to see how PS2 changed the world.
- Proving that some plots are rubbish here are 10 games that fall apart if you think about them to hard.