Posted 5 February
PlayStation Home Arcade Player brings retro gaming to PS Vita this week
Have you ever wanted to play PlayStation Home arcade games on the go? Well, now you can with the Home Arcade Player! Access and play a select range of PlayStation Home arcade games on your PlayStation Vita. Simply download PS Home Arcade and instantly enjoy WipEout 2D, Ice Breaker, and a one-level playable demo of Scribble Shooter absolutely free of charge!
Once it’s installed, adding any further games to the Home Arcade Player will enable them to be downloaded for free in PS Home for your PlayStation Home apartment.
Likewise, any PS Home arcade games, available for the PS Home Arcade, purchased, or previously purchased, in PS Home will instantly be made available to play on PS Vita via the PS Home Arcade.
The Home Arcade Player will be available to download on the PlayStation Store on Wednesday 6th February once the Store update has taken place.
Included with the player are:
Ice Breaker: Trapped behind an ice wall, pinned down by the snowballs of an irate eskimo… Take control of Penguin, smashing bricks with his perpetually bouncing ball. Lead him to freedom in this enduring favourite from the PlayStation Home Bowling Alley space.
Scribble Shooter (one level playable demo): Welcome to the U.S.S. Hiro – paper-bound starship, eraser supreme, defender of the page! Over ten mind-bending missions, pilot Hiro beyond the fringes of insanity to erase the Scribbles and free the Paperverse from UggyNyxx; the roughest drawn doodle from this or any other another dimension.
Additional games available to download and play on the Home Arcade Player include the follows, all of which are priced at £0.79/€0.99.
- Mad Blocker: The mischievous morphing Fluzzles are stuck in Block form. Line them up, according to color, creating links of four or more to free them in this quirky, hand-drawn puzzler from Open Emotion Studios.
- Centipede: From the Golden Age arcade cabinet to PlayStation Home and the PS Home Arcade. Atari’s all-time 2D classic is here to play in all its original retro-gaming glory.
- Asteroids: Blast the rocks and saucers, avoid enemy fire and asteroid collisions. Stay alive, keep on scoring. Simple, addictive and one of the most influential games of all time… Atari’s Asteroids, available now as an arcade cabinet in PlayStation®Home and on PS Vita via the PS Home Arcade.
- Time Pilot: Travel back to the year 1982 and the birth of Konami’s Golden Age gaming classic. Fly through time and space, battling enemy aviators throughout the ages, rescuing your fellow pilots and returning them to their own time. A 360 degree gameplay pioneer, Time Pilot remains an essential addition to any gaming collection.
- Frogger: One Frog, his river home so tantalisingly close. His way barred by a busy four-lane highway, fraught and heaving with traffic. This deadliest of commutes remains one of the most elegant and memorable set-ups in gaming history. Konami’s Frogger: suitable for kids and the kid inside. Still as good as you remember.
- Astrosmash: Giant Asteroids fall from the sky. It’s an attack! The Alien bombardment of Earth has begun. In command of a giant laser cannon, it’s up to you to blast the extraterrestrial menace from the skies. The fate of the world is in your hands in this all-time classic, brought to you by Realtime Associates.
- Shark Shark: Take your place in the food chain, chowing down upon the small fry to bulk up and take on the bigger fish. Negotiate the perils of the ocean and watch out for the sharks. In the dank depths of the deep blue sea, there’s always something out there bigger and hungrier than you!