Posted 1:00pm

PS Vita sale starts this week!

VitaBirthday-BlogBanner_en_GB

PlayStation Vita celebrates its first year anniversary this month and what better way to celebrate than with a range of game discounts on PlayStation Store?

For two weeks only, starting 6th February 2013, you can claim as much as 50% off selected PS Vita games! So head over to PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store from tomorrow and treat yourself.

Here’s the full list of deals:

A-men
Was €9.99/£7.99, now €7.49/£5.99
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members
(Not available in Australia, New Zealand)

Army Corps of Hell

Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.19

Touch My Katamari
Was €29.99/£24.99, now €19.99/£15.99

Unit 13
Was €34.99/£29.99, now €19.99/£14.99

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

140 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

If i buy PSABR it’s only for the Vita right?

Also, will there be a PS3 sale this week too?

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

No, this is the only sale this week. We will hopefully have a new sale next week that will include some PS3 items.

I’m buying PS Vita as soon as I get Crisis Core for it. Any chances that I get it this century? IMO Sony doesn’t want to make money, still the best games from PSP weren’t converted to use for PS Vita.

Nemeth050506 5 February, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   3

Escape Plan for me. Thank you.
Will the sale be extended next week?

Not great for those of us who have owned the Vita since launch, these are mostly launch games so I’ve played the majority of them already.

Was really hoping for more newer titles to be discounted. I’m looking at EDF 2017 and it’s ridiculous £35 price tag!

amazingape 5 February, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   5

Some really good deals, tempted by Street Fighter x Tekken, and 10% extra off for us plus members is nice. I was really hoping for a reduction in price for Ultimate Marvel v Capcom 3… any chance in the near future?

topgearsam 5 February, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   6

Some great deals there.
Will more game be added next week or is this all were getting in this sale?

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 1:26 pm

Hey all. Both Jawad and Chris are out of the office for the next couple of days so I’ll field any questions I can.

As far as I know, no additional discounts are planned at this time.

fredrikselvig 5 February, 2013 @ 1:27 pm   7

Was hoping for Assassin’s Creed. I guess I’ll just have to wait a little longer.

I have most of the games listed. And I tend to buy the Retail versions due to the price of memory cards and PS+ is keeping them full. Was hoping for a sale on

Plants Vs Zombies
and Some discount on DLC like ZEN Pinball, sound shapes, Motorstorm RC
Uncharted Fight for Fortune.

Any news on a Gravity Rush DLC pack? Or some discounts on each?

planeet32 5 February, 2013 @ 1:32 pm   10

If you are a PS+ member, then don’t buy Lumines as that title will be in the instant game collection somewhere in February!

I can barely express how disappointed I am that Sound Shapes isn’t part of this sale.

I expected a sale for Sound Shapes at Christmas – got nothing.
I expected a sale when SCEA had its SS sale – got nothing.
I was pretty sure that SCEE would at least include Sound Shapes in its long announced Vita sales … and got nothing.

Seriously, some of those games are part of Plus, a lot have already been in previous sales and the rest is mostly just bad.
Is there no “How to create attractive new sales” guide that might help you guys?
A good sales manager would, for example, create an offer for the Motorstorm RC Complete Edition too, not just the standard version.

Same games over and over…

Chaosprower 5 February, 2013 @ 1:33 pm   13

It’s not a very impressive sale :|

Battle Royale was recently discounted for the Cross-buy version, and the rest are mostly launch titles that can be found for similar prices on Amazon.

I was expecting Dynasty Warriors Next, which was a launch title. Or Gravity Rush, which I think was published by Sony.

anabela1992 5 February, 2013 @ 1:35 pm   14

Was hoping for a gravity rush dlc discount, oh well… nothing for me here.

cowbanana 5 February, 2013 @ 1:36 pm   15

Hmn… not much I’m interested in here since I already have the ones I really wanted (obviously).

A couple of weeks ago I bought brand new retail cards with Everybody’s Golf, Little Deviants and Resistance: Burning skies for €5,90 each! So the deals on Everybody’s Golf and Little Deviants in this sale aren’t really good at all.

I was hoping for a deal on New Little Kings Story, since I’m not paying €40 due to the technical issues with the game (slowdown). I would bite at €30 or less. I’ll probably get a cheap retail card later…

I was also hoping for a deal on Marvel vs Capcpom 3… not really interested in the Tekken thing.

I recommend Unit 13 and Rayman Origins to those who don’t have the games yet. These are really nice games. Unit 13 is especially underappreciated, in my opinion.

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is also a very good game.

Maybe I’ll pick up Escape Plan, but I hear it’s not all that great… something about being a fight against the controls instead of the actual puzzle logic.

Nice sale. Just a quick little question.. Will you try to avoid these games in the Plus rotation..? in other words is it safe to buy these games, without risking getting them for free in a couple of weeks/months..?

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 1:49 pm

None of these games are in March’s Plus update – I currently don’t have any visibility beyond that I’m afraid.

Hi Fred

Is Aliens Colonial Marines also getting digital release next week ?

Thanks

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 1:48 pm

That’s strictly a Jawad question, but as far as I can tell, it will not be getting a digital release this week.

obiadekanobi1980 5 February, 2013 @ 1:37 pm   18

may i be the first to wish the Vita a happy 1st birthday, and many more to come!!

I was an early adopter pre ordering(which got me the preorder pack with headphones) and then getting it at 9:05am at my local GAME store and ive been in love with it ever since, its a pity that sony seems to be doing nothing for the vita, wheres all the apps???( the US have had the NETFLIX app for months now ,yet nothing not even any updates)

How can u guys charge that much for COD, U:GA and others and then give some away free for pus subbers its a question only Mr Einstien would be able to answer……

So Sony please show the Vita the love it deserves by supporting app devs, streamlining the amount of time it takes for stuff to get the sony seal of approval and get onstore, and please please sort out the idiotic pricing on some games LOOKING AT YOU COD!!!

oh yes a good selection of discounts its just a pity i have bought most of them at full price

anyone on the fence just get stardust for the vita its THEEE best game on the vita full stop!! i bought it day one and still play it now, also Plants vs Zombies is 1,000 times better on Vita

mattlehorn 5 February, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   19

Loving the Unit 13 price. Loved the demo but felt wrong about the price … until now

almighty-slayer 5 February, 2013 @ 1:43 pm   20

I own all that i want out of that lot. Shame.

cowbanana 5 February, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   21

Also… lol @ Dungeon Hunter: Alliance: Was €34.99/£29.99, now €17.99/£13.99

I mean €34.99 for this pile of iOS crap has to be the biggest joke in the history of gaming and €17.99 is still a huge joke, only less funny because of the lessened impact of the punchline.

obiadekanobi1980 5 February, 2013 @ 1:45 pm   22

@GOJCcc if you want it that bad get it physical why would you want to pay the £49.99/£59.99 its going to be priced at like we all have come to expect from the store

greed is always followed by greed, with greed stuffing its pockets from the trough of the common folk……. ill pick mine up retail thanks!!

and would you really trust them to get it to work even?? they proved the monkeys hold the keys to the store Ni No Kuni was very broken, LBP vita hell need i go on………..

so dont be dissapointed when it dosent work while ill be playing my retail copy worry free!!

Aces73High 5 February, 2013 @ 1:49 pm   23

Oooo, some really attractive deals there! I already have about two thirds of them already, but I think I’ll finally grab BlazBlue, and Army Corps of Hell. Perhaps Unit 13 too.

I would have considered ModNation, but I already have Sonic Transformed and I’m guessing that’s the better of the two. How about Ridge Racer though? Does anyone think that it represents value at £9.00 (with Plus discount)? Less than half-price sounds good right?

Thoughts??

cowbanana 5 February, 2013 @ 1:51 pm   24

@#16

I’d say that almost none of these are “safe” when it comes to PS+

Lumines is coming up on PS+ this month.

Most of the list are fairly low profile games, sales bombas etc. that are likely candidates to be on PS+

Aces73High 5 February, 2013 @ 1:52 pm   25

@ fredrikselvig # 7

I’ve just put a brand new copy of Assassins Creed III Liberation on eBay for £14.99 with a £24.99 buy-it-now! I bought it at the weekend in error (brothers birthday, but he already had it) and I can’t find my receipt for a refund. Bugger!

compterrified 5 February, 2013 @ 1:57 pm   26

There’s been a couple of questions about whether these games will be avoiding PS+ rotation, which you’ve said is the case as far as you can see.

However, Lumines is rather clearly part of the coming month’s offerings:

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

Ok, sure – I assumed that everyone was aware of that, my bad. Yes, if you’re a Plus member, you can grab Lumines as part of your IGC later in Feb. This deal is best for non-Plus members.

Hi Fred,
How about Escape Plan “The Directors Cut” DLC discount or Gravity Rush DLC’s discount?

Oh well. Little shame there’s no Metal Gear Solid HD discount… And some discounts for PSP titles wouldn’t hurt either I guess (like God of War or something… Not that I’m hinting anything :)) And interesting to see PS+ discount on Lumines, which will be in IGC 20 Feb…

But I have a question. Was there some rise of prices across the board for Square Enix games, in Poland at least? I just noticed for example Fear Effect, PSOne Classic, was priced 9 PLN, now is 27 (about 2 euro and 6 respectively), not to mention things with pricing for Final Fantasy sale.

A bit annoying the US get so many better Vita sales then us. Oh damn well…

@obiadekanobi1980

Thanks for the confirmation, Super Stardust Delta was already my number 1 target from this sale. Your praise just sealed it. ;)

Guess I’ll get Motorstorm too, it’s just too cheap to ignore it. It is so annoying though, that SCEE is so bad about including DLCs in their sales. When you are used to Steam sales, that’s not easy to accept.

Marrsterhausen 5 February, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   31

How about a price drop for the the Vita itself? It really needs one, especially as its not selling very well and SONY seem don’t seem to know what do with it…

And once more SCEE’s word filter makes me wonder what’s wrong with it.

XnoobsquadX 5 February, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   33

Rather dissapointed in this sale most of them are launch titels that a grand majority allrdy owns.
Wa hoping for a discount on resistance,monkeyball and mud..
ahwel better luck next year?

dirtyCAT79 5 February, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   34

Unit 13 is a really great game. I’d encourage anyone on the fence to grab it at this price. I got it near launch and still play it today!

I agree with the sentiment though that its a bit of a shame that the sale is on titles that most of your early adopters will have already picked up. How about showing some gratitude to the few of us who supported you from the start when all the press was raining doom and gloom over the Vita.

The_Pariah 5 February, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   35

@#2, it’s not up to Sony, and I very much doubt we will ever see Crisis Core digitally. If you want to play PSP games, then stick with a PSP.

Can you please try and get Plants VS Zombies and VT4 on sale :(

We all criticized SCEE about Vita generally but we should give the credit here, these are some great deals.

Thank you guys.

cthulhu85 5 February, 2013 @ 2:15 pm   38

Not much that I want that I don’t already have. Though that’s not really a problem.

However a bit off-topic (and I’m sorry for that), but when will the refund for Dokuro arrive for us that bought it as a trial? I’ve been looking forward to play it forever and I can’t wait to get this fixed so that I can play it! It shows “Buy Now” in the store, but the trial is still in the download list and I haven’t gotten any money back yet. :( I hope it won’t take much longer… The LBP Vita issue was fixed in a day… don’t see why this should take any longer…

chrisboers 5 February, 2013 @ 2:17 pm   39

Now, that’s more like a sale. Even though some games are hardly reduced in price, there are some interesting ones in there, including Escape Plan and StarDust Delta.
One question:
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Was €34.99/£29.99, now €17.99/£13.99
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members

Why the PS Plus rebate, when we get that game for free this month?

@dirtyCAT79
Unit 13 seems a bit risky. Rather bad reviews with a Metacritic rating of 71% and mixed User ratings.

And I hate that this is another example where the UK receives a 50% discount and the rest of Europe just 43%. Not to mention the current weakness of the £, which makes such decisions even more of a bad joke.

Great sales thank you Sony!

ShivaRpgN 5 February, 2013 @ 2:21 pm   42

I can’t help being disappointed about these deals. A lot of them have been offered before and or are already bought as they are launch games. If it was launch games only then surely you could have offered games like Dynasty Warriors Next and Disgaea 3?

Also since games like PSASBR are in it, then you could have offered more recent games. Games like Sine Mora, Silent Hill BOM and more could have surely being offered as well?

I’m really disappointed, all the ones I wanted were already bought. I’ll look into the ones I don’t really want and try some out.

@Certinty

When I read some of the comments on the US blog, they often complain about how the EU are getting the better deal in PLUS matters. I guess it’s just a matter of what one prefers.

@Cowbanana

It’s hardly fair to compair Elgigantens dumping prices on a few games to the price development on the market. I even bought Everybody Golf, Reality Fighters, Resistance and Little Deviants for 3,89 Euro during their black friday online sale.

chrisboers 5 February, 2013 @ 2:24 pm   44

Also, I wasn’t even aware that MLB 12 The Show is available in Europe. I always considered that an US only game. Guess I was wrong :-)

38# Becuase maybe some people want to own the game? To not have too subcribe too PS+ to play it.

In conclusion this is very very sad 1st birthday sale. All we got its bunch of crapy and/or previously discounted games. And to make it worse a lot of games got more expensive lately. And Lumines discount for PS+ is bad joke.

ShivaRpgN 5 February, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   47

@cthulhu85
Costumer Support mentioned Dokuro being refunded at the end of this week.

@Golwar
Don’t let the reviews scare you about Unit-13. It’s a very solid shooter that is excellent for pick up and play without compromising the gameplay experience. It’s not one of those with story or scripted scenes, but one about good gameplay with options to level up your team and go for higher scores.

skatepunk36 5 February, 2013 @ 2:29 pm   48

really nice sale.. hoped for sound shapes and plants vs zombies, but who knows what march plus will bring us ;-) escape plan defintly will be mine now… got most of the retail games already…

@PEYJ
That’s not really true. We rarely get an exceptional deal that they’d could miss in the USA. Happens sometimes during Christmas sales, but that’s quickly outdone when they get 13 fabulous titles for 75% less soon after.

It’s really a no-brainer that the US sales are much better over-all. In both, quantity and quality. We have the better free content, that’s all. For sales SCEE tends to repeat offers for the very same games again and again and again. Hydrophobia Prophecy anyone? Same rule applies to this Vita sale.

@PEYJ

Yes we probably do get better content than the US when it comes to PS+ but that’s irrelevant. PS+ is a paid service (which Europeans also pay more for!) so it shouldn’t be compared.

Fact is when it comes to sales these European sales are horrible in contrast. A few months ago the US got Assassins Creed Liberation for $23 for example, not only is that a lot cheaper than here (like everything really) but they’re actually getting sales on NEW games, something which we Vita owners can’t seem to get here in Europe!

Load all