Posted 1:00pm

PS Vita sale starts this week!

VitaBirthday-BlogBanner_en_GB

PlayStation Vita celebrates its first year anniversary this month and what better way to celebrate than with a range of game discounts on PlayStation Store?

For two weeks only, starting 6th February 2013, you can claim as much as 50% off selected PS Vita games! So head over to PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store from tomorrow and treat yourself.

Here’s the full list of deals:

A-men
Was €9.99/£7.99, now €7.49/£5.99
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members
(Not available in Australia, New Zealand)

Army Corps of Hell

Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.19

Touch My Katamari
Was €29.99/£24.99, now €19.99/£15.99

Unit 13
Was €34.99/£29.99, now €19.99/£14.99

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

140 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

If i buy PSABR it’s only for the Vita right?

Also, will there be a PS3 sale this week too?

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

No, this is the only sale this week. We will hopefully have a new sale next week that will include some PS3 items.

I’m buying PS Vita as soon as I get Crisis Core for it. Any chances that I get it this century? IMO Sony doesn’t want to make money, still the best games from PSP weren’t converted to use for PS Vita.

Nemeth050506 5 February, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   3

Escape Plan for me. Thank you.
Will the sale be extended next week?

Not great for those of us who have owned the Vita since launch, these are mostly launch games so I’ve played the majority of them already.

Was really hoping for more newer titles to be discounted. I’m looking at EDF 2017 and it’s ridiculous £35 price tag!

amazingape 5 February, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   5

Some really good deals, tempted by Street Fighter x Tekken, and 10% extra off for us plus members is nice. I was really hoping for a reduction in price for Ultimate Marvel v Capcom 3… any chance in the near future?

topgearsam 5 February, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   6

Some great deals there.
Will more game be added next week or is this all were getting in this sale?

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 1:26 pm

Hey all. Both Jawad and Chris are out of the office for the next couple of days so I’ll field any questions I can.

As far as I know, no additional discounts are planned at this time.

fredrikselvig 5 February, 2013 @ 1:27 pm   7

Was hoping for Assassin’s Creed. I guess I’ll just have to wait a little longer.

I have most of the games listed. And I tend to buy the Retail versions due to the price of memory cards and PS+ is keeping them full. Was hoping for a sale on

Plants Vs Zombies
and Some discount on DLC like ZEN Pinball, sound shapes, Motorstorm RC
Uncharted Fight for Fortune.

Any news on a Gravity Rush DLC pack? Or some discounts on each?

planeet32 5 February, 2013 @ 1:32 pm   10

If you are a PS+ member, then don’t buy Lumines as that title will be in the instant game collection somewhere in February!

I can barely express how disappointed I am that Sound Shapes isn’t part of this sale.

I expected a sale for Sound Shapes at Christmas – got nothing.
I expected a sale when SCEA had its SS sale – got nothing.
I was pretty sure that SCEE would at least include Sound Shapes in its long announced Vita sales … and got nothing.

Seriously, some of those games are part of Plus, a lot have already been in previous sales and the rest is mostly just bad.
Is there no “How to create attractive new sales” guide that might help you guys?
A good sales manager would, for example, create an offer for the Motorstorm RC Complete Edition too, not just the standard version.

Same games over and over…

Chaosprower 5 February, 2013 @ 1:33 pm   13

It’s not a very impressive sale :|

Battle Royale was recently discounted for the Cross-buy version, and the rest are mostly launch titles that can be found for similar prices on Amazon.

I was expecting Dynasty Warriors Next, which was a launch title. Or Gravity Rush, which I think was published by Sony.

anabela1992 5 February, 2013 @ 1:35 pm   14

Was hoping for a gravity rush dlc discount, oh well… nothing for me here.

cowbanana 5 February, 2013 @ 1:36 pm   15

Hmn… not much I’m interested in here since I already have the ones I really wanted (obviously).

A couple of weeks ago I bought brand new retail cards with Everybody’s Golf, Little Deviants and Resistance: Burning skies for €5,90 each! So the deals on Everybody’s Golf and Little Deviants in this sale aren’t really good at all.

I was hoping for a deal on New Little Kings Story, since I’m not paying €40 due to the technical issues with the game (slowdown). I would bite at €30 or less. I’ll probably get a cheap retail card later…

I was also hoping for a deal on Marvel vs Capcpom 3… not really interested in the Tekken thing.

I recommend Unit 13 and Rayman Origins to those who don’t have the games yet. These are really nice games. Unit 13 is especially underappreciated, in my opinion.

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is also a very good game.

Maybe I’ll pick up Escape Plan, but I hear it’s not all that great… something about being a fight against the controls instead of the actual puzzle logic.

Nice sale. Just a quick little question.. Will you try to avoid these games in the Plus rotation..? in other words is it safe to buy these games, without risking getting them for free in a couple of weeks/months..?

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 1:49 pm

None of these games are in March’s Plus update – I currently don’t have any visibility beyond that I’m afraid.

Hi Fred

Is Aliens Colonial Marines also getting digital release next week ?

Thanks

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 1:48 pm

That’s strictly a Jawad question, but as far as I can tell, it will not be getting a digital release this week.

obiadekanobi1980 5 February, 2013 @ 1:37 pm   18

may i be the first to wish the Vita a happy 1st birthday, and many more to come!!

I was an early adopter pre ordering(which got me the preorder pack with headphones) and then getting it at 9:05am at my local GAME store and ive been in love with it ever since, its a pity that sony seems to be doing nothing for the vita, wheres all the apps???( the US have had the NETFLIX app for months now ,yet nothing not even any updates)

How can u guys charge that much for COD, U:GA and others and then give some away free for pus subbers its a question only Mr Einstien would be able to answer……

So Sony please show the Vita the love it deserves by supporting app devs, streamlining the amount of time it takes for stuff to get the sony seal of approval and get onstore, and please please sort out the idiotic pricing on some games LOOKING AT YOU COD!!!

oh yes a good selection of discounts its just a pity i have bought most of them at full price

anyone on the fence just get stardust for the vita its THEEE best game on the vita full stop!! i bought it day one and still play it now, also Plants vs Zombies is 1,000 times better on Vita

mattlehorn 5 February, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   19

Loving the Unit 13 price. Loved the demo but felt wrong about the price … until now

almighty-slayer 5 February, 2013 @ 1:43 pm   20

I own all that i want out of that lot. Shame.

cowbanana 5 February, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   21

Also… lol @ Dungeon Hunter: Alliance: Was €34.99/£29.99, now €17.99/£13.99

I mean €34.99 for this pile of iOS crap has to be the biggest joke in the history of gaming and €17.99 is still a huge joke, only less funny because of the lessened impact of the punchline.

obiadekanobi1980 5 February, 2013 @ 1:45 pm   22

@GOJCcc if you want it that bad get it physical why would you want to pay the £49.99/£59.99 its going to be priced at like we all have come to expect from the store

greed is always followed by greed, with greed stuffing its pockets from the trough of the common folk……. ill pick mine up retail thanks!!

and would you really trust them to get it to work even?? they proved the monkeys hold the keys to the store Ni No Kuni was very broken, LBP vita hell need i go on………..

so dont be dissapointed when it dosent work while ill be playing my retail copy worry free!!

Aces73High 5 February, 2013 @ 1:49 pm   23

Oooo, some really attractive deals there! I already have about two thirds of them already, but I think I’ll finally grab BlazBlue, and Army Corps of Hell. Perhaps Unit 13 too.

I would have considered ModNation, but I already have Sonic Transformed and I’m guessing that’s the better of the two. How about Ridge Racer though? Does anyone think that it represents value at £9.00 (with Plus discount)? Less than half-price sounds good right?

Thoughts??

cowbanana 5 February, 2013 @ 1:51 pm   24

@#16

I’d say that almost none of these are “safe” when it comes to PS+

Lumines is coming up on PS+ this month.

Most of the list are fairly low profile games, sales bombas etc. that are likely candidates to be on PS+

Aces73High 5 February, 2013 @ 1:52 pm   25

@ fredrikselvig # 7

I’ve just put a brand new copy of Assassins Creed III Liberation on eBay for £14.99 with a £24.99 buy-it-now! I bought it at the weekend in error (brothers birthday, but he already had it) and I can’t find my receipt for a refund. Bugger!

compterrified 5 February, 2013 @ 1:57 pm   26

There’s been a couple of questions about whether these games will be avoiding PS+ rotation, which you’ve said is the case as far as you can see.

However, Lumines is rather clearly part of the coming month’s offerings:

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

Ok, sure – I assumed that everyone was aware of that, my bad. Yes, if you’re a Plus member, you can grab Lumines as part of your IGC later in Feb. This deal is best for non-Plus members.

Hi Fred,
How about Escape Plan “The Directors Cut” DLC discount or Gravity Rush DLC’s discount?

Oh well. Little shame there’s no Metal Gear Solid HD discount… And some discounts for PSP titles wouldn’t hurt either I guess (like God of War or something… Not that I’m hinting anything :)) And interesting to see PS+ discount on Lumines, which will be in IGC 20 Feb…

But I have a question. Was there some rise of prices across the board for Square Enix games, in Poland at least? I just noticed for example Fear Effect, PSOne Classic, was priced 9 PLN, now is 27 (about 2 euro and 6 respectively), not to mention things with pricing for Final Fantasy sale.

A bit annoying the US get so many better Vita sales then us. Oh damn well…

@obiadekanobi1980

Thanks for the confirmation, Super Stardust Delta was already my number 1 target from this sale. Your praise just sealed it. ;)

Guess I’ll get Motorstorm too, it’s just too cheap to ignore it. It is so annoying though, that SCEE is so bad about including DLCs in their sales. When you are used to Steam sales, that’s not easy to accept.

Marrsterhausen 5 February, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   31

How about a price drop for the the Vita itself? It really needs one, especially as its not selling very well and SONY seem don’t seem to know what do with it…

And once more SCEE’s word filter makes me wonder what’s wrong with it.

XnoobsquadX 5 February, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   33

Rather dissapointed in this sale most of them are launch titels that a grand majority allrdy owns.
Wa hoping for a discount on resistance,monkeyball and mud..
ahwel better luck next year?

dirtyCAT79 5 February, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   34

Unit 13 is a really great game. I’d encourage anyone on the fence to grab it at this price. I got it near launch and still play it today!

I agree with the sentiment though that its a bit of a shame that the sale is on titles that most of your early adopters will have already picked up. How about showing some gratitude to the few of us who supported you from the start when all the press was raining doom and gloom over the Vita.

The_Pariah 5 February, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   35

@#2, it’s not up to Sony, and I very much doubt we will ever see Crisis Core digitally. If you want to play PSP games, then stick with a PSP.

Can you please try and get Plants VS Zombies and VT4 on sale :(

We all criticized SCEE about Vita generally but we should give the credit here, these are some great deals.

Thank you guys.

cthulhu85 5 February, 2013 @ 2:15 pm   38

Not much that I want that I don’t already have. Though that’s not really a problem.

However a bit off-topic (and I’m sorry for that), but when will the refund for Dokuro arrive for us that bought it as a trial? I’ve been looking forward to play it forever and I can’t wait to get this fixed so that I can play it! It shows “Buy Now” in the store, but the trial is still in the download list and I haven’t gotten any money back yet. :( I hope it won’t take much longer… The LBP Vita issue was fixed in a day… don’t see why this should take any longer…

chrisboers 5 February, 2013 @ 2:17 pm   39

Now, that’s more like a sale. Even though some games are hardly reduced in price, there are some interesting ones in there, including Escape Plan and StarDust Delta.
One question:
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Was €34.99/£29.99, now €17.99/£13.99
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members

Why the PS Plus rebate, when we get that game for free this month?

@dirtyCAT79
Unit 13 seems a bit risky. Rather bad reviews with a Metacritic rating of 71% and mixed User ratings.

And I hate that this is another example where the UK receives a 50% discount and the rest of Europe just 43%. Not to mention the current weakness of the £, which makes such decisions even more of a bad joke.

Great sales thank you Sony!

ShivaRpgN 5 February, 2013 @ 2:21 pm   42

I can’t help being disappointed about these deals. A lot of them have been offered before and or are already bought as they are launch games. If it was launch games only then surely you could have offered games like Dynasty Warriors Next and Disgaea 3?

Also since games like PSASBR are in it, then you could have offered more recent games. Games like Sine Mora, Silent Hill BOM and more could have surely being offered as well?

I’m really disappointed, all the ones I wanted were already bought. I’ll look into the ones I don’t really want and try some out.

@Certinty

When I read some of the comments on the US blog, they often complain about how the EU are getting the better deal in PLUS matters. I guess it’s just a matter of what one prefers.

@Cowbanana

It’s hardly fair to compair Elgigantens dumping prices on a few games to the price development on the market. I even bought Everybody Golf, Reality Fighters, Resistance and Little Deviants for 3,89 Euro during their black friday online sale.

chrisboers 5 February, 2013 @ 2:24 pm   44

Also, I wasn’t even aware that MLB 12 The Show is available in Europe. I always considered that an US only game. Guess I was wrong :-)

38# Becuase maybe some people want to own the game? To not have too subcribe too PS+ to play it.

In conclusion this is very very sad 1st birthday sale. All we got its bunch of crapy and/or previously discounted games. And to make it worse a lot of games got more expensive lately. And Lumines discount for PS+ is bad joke.

ShivaRpgN 5 February, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   47

@cthulhu85
Costumer Support mentioned Dokuro being refunded at the end of this week.

@Golwar
Don’t let the reviews scare you about Unit-13. It’s a very solid shooter that is excellent for pick up and play without compromising the gameplay experience. It’s not one of those with story or scripted scenes, but one about good gameplay with options to level up your team and go for higher scores.

skatepunk36 5 February, 2013 @ 2:29 pm   48

really nice sale.. hoped for sound shapes and plants vs zombies, but who knows what march plus will bring us ;-) escape plan defintly will be mine now… got most of the retail games already…

@PEYJ
That’s not really true. We rarely get an exceptional deal that they’d could miss in the USA. Happens sometimes during Christmas sales, but that’s quickly outdone when they get 13 fabulous titles for 75% less soon after.

It’s really a no-brainer that the US sales are much better over-all. In both, quantity and quality. We have the better free content, that’s all. For sales SCEE tends to repeat offers for the very same games again and again and again. Hydrophobia Prophecy anyone? Same rule applies to this Vita sale.

@PEYJ

Yes we probably do get better content than the US when it comes to PS+ but that’s irrelevant. PS+ is a paid service (which Europeans also pay more for!) so it shouldn’t be compared.

Fact is when it comes to sales these European sales are horrible in contrast. A few months ago the US got Assassins Creed Liberation for $23 for example, not only is that a lot cheaper than here (like everything really) but they’re actually getting sales on NEW games, something which we Vita owners can’t seem to get here in Europe!

critter44 5 February, 2013 @ 2:33 pm   51

In fairness, all them sale prices should be those games’ regular prices in the first place!

Bumblebee 5 February, 2013 @ 2:33 pm   52

Here’s an idea:

Drop the price of the Vita so more people buy it.

I have one, I got one the day it came out, with a 32GB card, but these sales are useless to me as I’ve got all the decent games already.

Drop Vita price -> sell more -> more new games might be made -> happy customers

Keep Vita price -> Nobody buys -> no games made -> unhappy customers.

At the moment as a Vita owner, I’m worried as other than Tearaway and Killzone, what’s coming out? Not a lot.

Adding new features would also be a good idea, e.g. iPlayer, and REMOTE PLAY FUNCTIONALITY (for the love of GOD this is a no-brainer yet hardly anything is compatible including the ruddy store now), and cross-controller games etc.

Just… innovate for a change, will ya, Sony? Look at what CAN be done and have a go at DOING it. Rather than blindly hoping for miracles, or that people like me will be stupid enough to buy your products in the ridiculous hope that some games might come out for it one day.

TomNinetyTwo 5 February, 2013 @ 2:34 pm   53

Very nice thanks, i’ll be getting ModNation Racers and Everybodys Golf :)

ShivaRpgN 5 February, 2013 @ 2:36 pm   54

What happened with Gravity Rush DLC? It was mentioned before that they’d be cheaper sooner.

A_Nonny_Moose 5 February, 2013 @ 2:45 pm   55

It’s nice to have a sale, but I was hoping for more recent titles like Assassin’s Creed, Sonic Racing Transformed, or EDF. You know, the games that need a sale to be considered even reasonably priced, let alone a bargain.

cowbanana 5 February, 2013 @ 2:50 pm   56

@cthulhu85

I wrote an email to Nordic Sony support last wednesday and they never answered. Today I wrote a second mail threatening them with debt collection and taking the matter to the Danish consumer protection authorities (I don’t like being ignored by arrogant companies). This made them reply 10 minutes later.

I got a Swedish answer to my inquiry :) You can see it here.

“Jag kan informera dig om att vi känner till problemet med Dokuro och har satt igång en massrefundering för de som har fått fel fil. Pengarna kommer att återbetalas till dig så fort som möjligt.”

So a refund should happen soon™

Sony’s handling of this issue is truly appalling, It’s some of the worst customer care I’ve experienced.

Bacon_Crispies 5 February, 2013 @ 2:52 pm   57

No discount on Zero Escape Virtue’s Last Reward, booo, its the only game I want to see dicounted.

@Golwar

I reported on the reactions from some of the commenters in the US. Some seem to think they get worse deals than we do, and I concluded that it probably depends on individual tastes.

@Certinty

There aren’t that many games to choose from, so I would say the list they presented today is fair. Even though there is nothing for me, I don’t feel the need to complain about it. Believe me, I also find some of the price differences ridiculous and inexplicable, it just seems to me that no matter what SCEE presents on the blog a “riot” seems to break out.

bennyrafal 5 February, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   59

Escape Plan for me, rest i will try to buy boxed.

Coody-Baroody 5 February, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   60

@ 40 Golwar
You REALLY shouldnt base your purchases on what review scores are, Metacritic or not. Unit 13 is a perfectly good game for your Vita and the comment writer you replied to is absolutely right. Reviews are just other peoples opinions with all their expectations and prejudices included. Look at AC Liberation, our UK Officail PS mag gave it a 5/10 (!!!) but also gave Resistance BS a 7/10!

Now dont get me wrong i thoroughly enjoyed both games but AC is much better than RBS and deserved at least an 8/10 IMO. Alot was made of its bugs etc but EVERY SINGLE open world game has bugs to a certain extent even on PS3 so some were to he expected on Vita, a handheld.

My point being that reviews should never decide what games you do or dont buy, theyre just someone elses opinion and Unit 13 is a good game. But thats just MY opinion. LOL

KillaT2501 5 February, 2013 @ 3:36 pm   61

Sales are always welcome, but this is how much DIGITAL games should cost at launch.

Why do we have to now pay more for digital games than physical copies? Will we ever be given a reason why this is?

TrueMurton 5 February, 2013 @ 3:37 pm   62

Some great deals here for those who recently got their Vita, for early adopters who likely have many of these games already, not so much.

I’m always on the lookout for new stuff for my Vita so I’ll catch the next sale.

Coody-Baroody 5 February, 2013 @ 3:44 pm   63

@61 Killa

The expensive prices are because theres no middle man mate. Theg are the RRPs that places like amazon etc seem to be able to sell for less butwith digital were buying straight from the publishers via Ps store so the RRPs stick. However, saying that, tbey only stay that way because silly people keep paying these pathetic prices

EA has startes charging £59.99 (!!!!!!!) for new PS3 Games and people are paying it, we know this as they have ratings on the store, so these publishers wont reduce the price cos theyre still selling. We have to talk witb our wallets and until we do nothing will change. If anything it wi get WORSE!

bLaiSe_HUN 5 February, 2013 @ 3:44 pm   64

Nice sale. I’ll be getting Escape Plan and Ridge Racer: UE for sure.
Fred is there a chance for some DLC discounts too? I’m thinking of Escape Plan and Motorstorm RC DLCs. :)

Mr_Writer 5 February, 2013 @ 3:56 pm   65

#61 And what happens to the disc copies of games when the digital version become cheaper?

Do you really think game shops will stock PS3′s and games if games are cheaper to buy the digital version?

Sony and publishers NEED shops to sell their games and consoles, digtal distribution for console is a LONG way away, and until it becomes the standard you won’t see prices. If they undercut shops, they wont get disc versions or consoles sold. The Console to PSN attachment rate isnt high enough.

New games on steam are at the £39.99 mark, but how many shops dedicate just as much shelf space to PC gaming as they do to console? Hardly every and why? Because PC developers dont need shops.

Not a bad list, but I have most of the above or have played…

Would have liked to see Dynasty Warriors Next in there!

MrChilliBeer 5 February, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   67

Thankyou for this sale, anything is better than nothing so it’s nice to see so many titles that not everyone will own on sale.

Yes you risk a gamble that whatever you buy may be included in the PS+ rotation in the future, but that’s true of any game and buy purchasing it, it remains yours to keep forever and not part of the subscription service.

I was gutted I missed Unit 13 on Sale last summer and I’m glad I waited. £14.99 with another 10% off is the cheapest I’ve seen it on the store for yet and the physical copy still retails for upwards of £25.

I would have liked some more recent titles in the sale, such as Sine Mora and the Gravity Rush DLC and hope you take this into account for week 2 of the sale or future sales in general. If Sony could provide a sale experience akin to that of Steams I would imagine you’d generate a lot of revenue. No-one can resist the Steam sales when they happen as the deals they often do are just to good to pass up. Replicate that and I think you’ll not only bolster the commitment from consumers for the Sony brand but turn a good profit as well.

Cheers!

@Coody-Baroody
I agree that ratings shouldn’t stand above anything else, but they are helpful. Shooters aren’t generally my favorite genre and surely have no priority on an handheld. So if I should purchase one, it should be really great. And 71% are a simple indicator that this isn’t the case. ;)

If this situation would be the same with a JRPG instead, I’d probably but it. *cough*Ragnarok Odyssey*cough*

luckysalt81 5 February, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   69

Nice I’ll be getting Motorstorm RC at £1.91.

Anyone played Top Darts? Any good?

MakoFreedom87 5 February, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   70

Sounds like a great two weeks. Also can’t wait for Sleeping Dogs 8th of February.

MrChilliBeer 5 February, 2013 @ 4:17 pm   71

@Golwar
You know there is a demo for Unit 13 don’t you? Make your own mind up.

MordecaiHunter 5 February, 2013 @ 4:26 pm   72

Lumines : Electronic Symphony (Additional 10% off for PS Plus members)

What you should have said that its FREE in this month ps+ update !

lol 0 again , if u are gamer like me u already have al intresting games .

need new games ( 2 moast wanting ) ragnorack odysee – soul sacrefice
rest of games i alrady see in future = 00000 great orginal .

Will the Super Stardust Delta DLC be receiving its own discount, as like many Vita owners, I already own the game itself.

So 2 months of waiting for a PSVita sale as EU didn’t get any for Xmas nor the January festival sales, while USA got great PSVita deals for Xmas and then when it arrives…

No LittleBigPlanet Vita for around 18 Euro (heck USA’s had it for about 18 USD for PS+ members)…

And the games that are there are either bad games, or had better discounts before (like Modnation Racers, Rayman Origins was on sale for around 16.50 Euro last year) and games that launch buyers ofcourse have for a long time already or even games that are given for free or will be given for free to PS+ members in January like Mutant Blobs and Luminus.

Really, this is it? Pfffffffffffffffffffff SCEE. Escape Plan I’ll take for that price, but still disappointed after waiting for 2 months.

Phantom_Blaze 5 February, 2013 @ 4:48 pm   76

I see you are answering questions Fred, so answer this one.

When is Ratchet and Clank Q Force Vita going to be released and for how much longer are we going to be told nothing?

Thanks. I think.

Fred Dutton 5 February, 2013 @ 4:57 pm

We’re hoping to have an update for you in the next few days. The development team is working night and day to get it finished – everyone just wants to make sure you all get the best game possible.

I am so disappointed that Sony has parted with SuperBot :/ I was one of the few who bought Allstars the day it came out as one of my first day release digital titles… It’s got to me to know that such a great company has been lost in the fog yet again… People should really give Allstars another chance, it’s fantastic! Especially if you can get some buddies round!

Sorry about that rant, the sale looks great though Jawad/Fred, keep up the good work guys.

supersmith2500 5 February, 2013 @ 4:51 pm   78

Not a bad sale but disappointed LBPVita isn’t on there. Plus, Lumines: Electronic Symphony is free at the end of this month for Plus.

To be honest, I’m personally sick of Vita games crowding the PS Store. I think I made the decision I’ll never get a Vita after I accidentally bought the wrong platform of Pure Chess (didn’t have the little subtitled (Vita), didn’t have a Vita icon on the picture, had the same preview images and everything). I don’t think I’ll be paying 300 euro to play the game.

Either the Vita and Ps3 store needs to be ripped apart and kept separate or they need to implement cross-buy into all games on both platforms. I’m not paying an extra 7 euro to buy the “correct” version, hell, if the games are as badly seperated as they are I might accidentally buy a PS Mobile version and waste another dollop of cash. Left scars with me and Sonies relationship.

shampoofan 5 February, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   80

is there a psp sale planned?

Phantom_Blaze 5 February, 2013 @ 5:03 pm   81

Fred, I find it hard to believe that they are working day and night. The fact that they have had since the game came out (end of November), I gave you the benefit of the doubt, delaying it until January. I mean, that’s a month..

If they were working day and night, they would have had it finished by their target of January, perhaps the beginning of January, maybe the mid December.

But now you’re hoping to have an update in a few days? I mean, an update? That is disappointing in itself, especially seeing as the update is most likely to be “Q Force will be released at the end of February!”. And then what? The end of March?

How much longer is this going to go on for?

E_Darkness 5 February, 2013 @ 5:23 pm   82

This sale is just bad.
These are hardly discounts, you can buy most of this cheaper for physical copies of the game.
Then again what was I expecting from SCEE? Something good? Honestly would be a first.

CrimsonSamurai 5 February, 2013 @ 5:24 pm   83

Outstanding only Sony could celebrate the 1 year birthday of a console they dont care about by discounting a load of stuff that has already been discounted may times before or is cheaper to buy in shops. Were’s the Gravity Rush DLC that was requested (its a sony game), or the Uncharted card game or how about some PSP or PSONE discounts that people have been crying out for. Once again Thanks for nothing.

KillerXp82 5 February, 2013 @ 5:37 pm   84

Please! Bring down the price of the memory cards, You’re Killing me here. Both my 8gb & 16gb cards were full before Vite were added to Ps+ so I’ve already deleted what I could to fit Gravity Rush & Jet Set Radio, I have so many games now I can’t play because I don’t have space to store them.

I’d echo the comment abut memory cards. I have a 32gb and a 8gb memory card both maxed out. I’m not going to buy anymore at the stupid prices they are. Yes, I could delete other stuff and redownload it at a later date but that shouldn’t be necessary.

If Sony is serious about digital sales, they need to sell memory cards at acceptable prices. Until then, I’ll pass on any further digital content apart from the PS Plus games.

supersmith2500 5 February, 2013 @ 5:58 pm   86

And not to mention retail stores barely sell 32GB =S.

Lumines being in the sale is such a horrible move. That’s just a giant screw you to plus members that don’t necessarily check the blog regularly. Imagine a plus member that had no idea Lumines was free in a couple weeks saw it on sale this week and thought” Hey look a sale! And I get a discount for being a plus member! Getting this”. Then in a couple weeks they see it for free. I would feel VIOLATED AND RIPPED OFF.

Sorry, but there’s no excuse for this. What makes this even worse is that you’re giving plus members a discount in this sale! So that’s enticing not only non paying members that wouldn’t get it free in a couple weeks, but plus members as well. And let me guess, you won’t even have the decency to respond to this comment and explain yourselves?

Lucky I do check the blog regularly so you can’t rip me off personally with this, but I really do feel for any plus members that might buy Lumines when they see it discounted on the store.

AeonsDead 5 February, 2013 @ 6:02 pm   88

Lumines – £14 on PSN
£12 on thegamecollection
Shinobido 2 – £16 on PSN
£13 on Zavvi
Katamari – £16 on PSN
£13 on amazon

And this is a sale? Shouldn’t these just be the prices of digital copies originally.

“Posted on 5 February, 2013 at 5:23 pm by E_Darkness
This sale is just bad.
Then again what was I expecting from SCEE? Something good? Honestly would be a first”

This. First having no Xmas sales or January festival sales for PSVita.

Then a 1 year birthday sale comes up with hardly real sales. Probably you’ll see SCEA coming up with a anniversary sale too but with much better deals.

Really disappointed with the sale. Mostly stuff that has been discounted before, or stuff that isnt even worth the discounted price. No LBP, Assasins Creed, Resistance, CoD. Not a patch on the PS3 sales we’ve had recently

jimiparkerexp 5 February, 2013 @ 6:46 pm   91

any chance of disgaea 3?

razordude 5 February, 2013 @ 6:56 pm   92

I’ve just noticed that Rayman Origins is £6.79 on Steam for PC. 66% discount. That’s a sale.

Thanks sony for nothing after waiting for 3 month…Waiting for xbox 3, long live Microsoft!!

Hey Fred/Jawad, you know Vita plays PSP games too right? Not going to look down my nose at PSP games in the sale.

supersmith2500 5 February, 2013 @ 8:05 pm   95

@Fred:
So wait, Jawad and Chris won’t be there meaning few questions will be answered. Great. -__-

remove_singstar 5 February, 2013 @ 8:19 pm   96

After being cheated by SCEE when they stuck Sleeping Dogs on the last sale then gave it away a few weeks later with PS+ I’ll not be buying anything in this sale. Buyer beware when it comes to SCEE and their sales.

J_A_S_O_N_123 5 February, 2013 @ 8:19 pm   97

Sure there’s a lot of games being discounted but for most of them it was long overdue and these should be permanent discounts and not just for a week as many of those games are very over priced. Also the only games I am interested in on the list I already own, I’m very disappointed to see that neither AC or NFS were on this list as I would really like to get them but it won’t be happening at their current price

cthulhu85 5 February, 2013 @ 8:25 pm   98

@cowbanana: Thanks for showing the reply you got. I also still haven’t heard anything from Nordisk film, which has to be the absolute worst customer service ever. I donno how Sony does where they handle their own support, but I doubt it can be any worse than what Nordisk film does. I just donno why they couldn’t fix it as quickly as they did when the LBP Vita mess happened… Oh well, guess it’ll happen eventually.

Wheres the crisis core and prappa the rapper!!!!!!

cubbielovr 5 February, 2013 @ 8:36 pm   100

I hope the US store had MLB 12 on sale. I would buy that in an instant!

silmorat1 5 February, 2013 @ 8:39 pm   101

This 1 year birthday celebration seems it could have been better….some good prices tho!

On a side note for ps+ – I have just noticed that the Super Stardust Portable (PSP) is still showing a free (get it before they notice!)

On the Vita you can re-assign the button keys to the analogue stick so you get the full 2 stick experience! and it works

I will probably still get the vita game anyway now its under £4

I get Super Stardust but that’s it.
I was hoping for LBP Vita for the euro equivalent of 18 dollars or something like the other US deals Sony had for the US.
Anyway, with 2 free vita games comming I don’t have and 2 awesome PS3 games I have enough to play so this sales is actualy fine by me, crap but fine.

NightRanma 5 February, 2013 @ 9:28 pm   103

Honestly, this is a pretty poor effort for a sale. Aside from Streetfighter X Tekken, and Sony Bash Cousins (there was a pretty decent discount on the PS3 version not long ago, anyway) I’ve seen all these on sale before and they’ve already been picked over. How about trying to put some games people actually want on sale, guys?

R_a_z_i_e_l 6 February, 2013 @ 12:01 am   104

Eh Average Sale I should have expected it, the list of Games just seem like the ones that are experiencing Low Sales so they thought *Hey lets Put all the games that are selling badly and put them on the Ps Vita February Discount* Sorry but probably won’t be buying anything I waited months for a crappy Vita Sale.

R_a_z_i_e_l 6 February, 2013 @ 12:05 am   105

Thanks for Nothing Sony.

When I saw the title I was like: Yay!!

When I saw the games I was like: Uhh…

You could really give us at least one game that we actually might want to buy. I’m not interested in any of those dinosaurs, sorry.

GUYS!! FIX THE PRICES IN THE POLISH SHOP!

MGS 2 COSTS 59
MGS 3 COSTS 59

BOTH – 118

THE MGS 2 and MGS 3 BUNDLE COSTS 119!

SO THE BUNDLE IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE TWO GAMES BOUGHT SEPARATELY!!
I think that this is not the point of bundling games. And you’d better cut the price of the bundle and not increase the price of games, cause you increased the prices anyway a few days ago – it used to be 99 for the bundle. Not nice!

Sorry for the capslock, but I want someone to see it and correct it :P

causztic 6 February, 2013 @ 4:06 am   107

Is this offer for all regions? Because I don’t see it in my PS Store..

sithknight666 6 February, 2013 @ 7:16 am   108

Lumines has a 10% discount for ps plus members?!? Lol what?! More like 100% from igc. Very poor sale. Gonna grab stardust and that’s it, and it better not be in future igc! Was hoping for gravity rush dlc as working towards plat/100% on that at the minute.

DiscworldDeath 6 February, 2013 @ 7:38 am   109

It’s February 6th. Dunno why you guys don’t set the sale to go live automatically at midnight v.v

decadence79 6 February, 2013 @ 8:08 am   110

How do I know what the AU prices are here?

LiquidSolid 6 February, 2013 @ 9:50 am   111

It’s neat that you guys are finally acknowledging the Vita with a sale and all but uh, the vast majority of those games have already been on sale before. I’m STILL annoyed that the Christmas promotion had Need for Speed: Most Wanted on sale for PS3 but the Vita version was completely ignored. You’d think that kind of stuff would be blatantly obvious.

Not seeing these prices on the SEN store at all today :/

amazingape 6 February, 2013 @ 11:35 am   113

@tbisley

That’s because the store doesn’t get updated until about 3pm, that’s when you’ll see the discounts.

amazingape 6 February, 2013 @ 11:38 am   114

On the US PSN store, Namco Bandai are having a 50% sale off selected PS3 titles for 4 weeks, is this offer coming to the UK at all?

kriskrosbbk 6 February, 2013 @ 12:01 pm   115

I was really hoping for little big planet .I can say almost all Vita games were on discount or on a + release .However nothing for LBP.Why SONY?

Imafia97 6 February, 2013 @ 12:28 pm   116

Will this Discount be Available in India too ??

bilalsouda 6 February, 2013 @ 12:34 pm   117

HEY
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN has no 10% plus discount
PLZ fix that

Can’t see :

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Was €6.99/£5.49, now €3.49/£2.79
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members

Problems???

big_daddy_moo 6 February, 2013 @ 1:41 pm   119

Reality Fighters is also only showing a 10% discount off the original price, not the price drop to £6.99

akshay_1988 6 February, 2013 @ 2:20 pm   120

Gonna buy “Street Fighter x Tekken” !!!!

bilalsouda 6 February, 2013 @ 2:39 pm   121

still
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN has no 10% plus discount
PLZ fix that

‘Ridge Racer – Ultimate Edition’ has no plus discount.

B_E_C_K_A_S 6 February, 2013 @ 3:51 pm   123

Hey Fred can you please answer a question ? Does Street Fighter x Tekken vita includes the character dlc for ps3 just like the retail version ? Thanks

Mr_Pickle 6 February, 2013 @ 4:07 pm   124

Not bad. Would have been nice for a sound shapes discount as well as MotorStorm RC complete edition.

razordude 6 February, 2013 @ 4:08 pm   125

Yep, no Ridge Racer plus discount. Constant store mistakes again.

DiscworldDeath 6 February, 2013 @ 6:56 pm   126

Experiencing something weird. Purchased BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend on your online store, it cost me 90 ILS (PS+ member).

I get home, I check the sale on my Vita, and it costs 85 ILS.

What gives? O.o

supersmith2500 6 February, 2013 @ 9:36 pm   127

*looks at PSVita blog and sale on store*
Ah so I complained about thinking 3 games still having the same price and not having a sale price. Ah well dumb old me. Also, I decided to comment on here since it’s a appropriate topic to talk about this rather on the PS Home Arcade since it’s way off topic.

Skyrim dlc were supposed to hit psn first week of Feb at a discounted price as an apology for them being so late, or so Bethesda tweeted. Where are they?

JayManGamer 7 February, 2013 @ 6:03 am   129

I am extremely tempted to buy Ridge Racer – Ultimate Edition but all the bad reviews and stuff I hear about it really doesn’t help D: Anyone know if its worth getting at sale price (when the PS+ discount is properly applied)? I have Ridge Racer 3D (don’t hate ;D), is there even any point getting the Vita version too?

why not rent it from blockbuster. you cant lose there. if u like u buy, if it’s nan as the french say then it’s bye

To everyone moaning about the Vita sale and the lack of content, well there’s not a hell of a lot of stuff on the handheld yet apart from psp titles so maybe give it another year before we see some decent sale items… maybe

magnolia-fan 7 February, 2013 @ 8:18 am   132

I would advise people against buying Unit 13. Being from the Netherlands i have my Vita set to English which causes the game to start in French! Now i have to set my Vita to Ducth in order to play the game… in Dutch!!!!

The spoken language is English, but eveything else is Dutch, a ridiculous decision, made even worse by the fact that this is NOT mention before purchasing, so i wasted €17.99 on a game i can only play in Dutch, which i obviously don’t want as i’m not 6 anymore.

Really bad by Sony to A) not give people the option deciding which language they want and B) not mentioning BEFORE buying that the game can only be played either in Dutch or French…

This makes me really doubt whether i’ll continue buying stuff on PSN!

Paul

ShivaRpgN 7 February, 2013 @ 9:07 am   133

@JayManGamer
I was in the same position as you were. But I went ahead and bought the game now anyways. The negative reviews were mostly because the game lacked content and the price was a rip-off, both of which have been fixed since you get gold and zilver pass with this ultimate edition (=more courses, tracks and cars) and the price is more right being 10 pounds. If you like the idea of grinding to get better and playing when you feel like it, then definitely get it. I’m happy with my purchase and think it’s worth it for this price. The game controls well, personally I had to change controls to type B first though.

jedibunny05 7 February, 2013 @ 11:06 am   134

Just like ‘inc3000′ I cannot see:-

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Was €6.99/£5.49, now €3.49/£2.79
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members

on my kids sub-account vitas. I can see it on the PSN website on the PC but not on the Vita PlaystationStore. They are 7+ so it’s not their age restricting the game.

Any idea anyone?

JayManGamer 7 February, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   135

@ ShivaRpgN
Do you know what the file size of the game is after updates and the DLC? I only have this sad little 8GB Mem Card atm.
Any idea if there are plenty of people playing online? (unless you don’t need to play with others all the time idk)
I definitely would not buy it without it being on sale because of the extreme lack of content, or the non-Ultimate Edition (normal game on its own) without the DLC.
I may just buy it, after the PS+ discount is properly applied like it states in the Blog post.

The sale seems pretty good imo. I was hoping for a few PSP or PSOne games to be on sale too but I’ve managed to buy a few sale items already. :D I JUST NEED A INSANELY PRICED 32GB MEM CARD D:

razordude 7 February, 2013 @ 6:38 pm   136

Can’t get the sale page to finish loading on my vita – stops at Shinobido….. stilling missing discounts for plus too. Hey guys, thanks for buying a Vita here’s some terrible sale items which we’ve half-heartedly put together and not uploaded properly! Great!

Stonesthrow 7 February, 2013 @ 9:00 pm   137

Touch my Katamari is tempting at that price, but I’m still busy with Ni no kuni :p

JayManGamer 10 February, 2013 @ 12:33 am   138

Not only is “Ridge Racer – Utimate Edition” not actually 50% off in AUD (normally $32.95, currently $18.45) but I’m guessing it doesn’t even have the PS+ discount for anyone yet, unless its just me… Anyone know if this will get fixed, or if its safe for me to buy it now and get money back from the PS+ discount which isn’t properly applied yet?

JayManGamer 10 February, 2013 @ 12:39 am   139

LOL wow nvm, all this time I thought it was meant to have a PS+ discount like pretty much all the others, and I’m only just realising now its not xD
Still though, unless I’m mistaken it is not even 50% off D: Close enough I guess. (Sorry for double post)

AeonsDead 5 March, 2013 @ 6:02 pm   140

In the US with this sale they got Plants v Zombies for free
Now the US are getting a 2nd week of new sales for the Vita and 4 FREE GAMES!!!

I demand similar treatment considering there were no vita games on sale during the Xmas or January sales.

Disgraceful.