Posted 6 February

Ragnarok Odyssey release date announced, demo out today

Lead image

Fast-paced, giant-crushing, poring-popping Ragnarok Odyssey is finally coming to Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, so I’ve got just one question to ask you: What do you think of when you hear the word “Ragnarok”?

Looking back to my Halcyon Ragnarok Online days, I fondly recall getting together with friends to smash tons of crazy monsters and cower in terror at the mighty MVPs. I think of crossing my fingers while the blacksmith mercilessly refined my precious gear – will this be the time it breaks??? But mostly, I think of collecting coveted cards and donning decadent headgears. Ragnarok Odyssey brings you all of this and more as it takes this beloved IP into a new generation of action-RPG gaming.

While customising your hero, you will get to choose from a variety of classes, some with familiar skills and spells. Storm Gust still hits like a beast, Sanctuary provides much needed AoE healing, and the Archer’s Arrow Shower still rains death upon foes. On top of these fan favorites, you also get to experience completely new abilities like those of the incredibly powerful Hammersmith.

Screen11

If you can time your drill spin and acclimate yourself to the incredibly slow movement and attack speeds, you will pummel even the toughest foes in no time! Of course, defeating foes means nothing if they don’t drop the ever important loot with which you upgrade your goodies.

The local blacksmith is no longer a horrible, scary person since he doesn’t break your gear, but he still won’t refine your goods for free. As you take on mission after mission, you will gather bits and pieces of monsters that become the +1′s to your swords, and the charming Poring hats on your head. Just about everything you want takes some kind of material found in the field, and of course, the signature Zeny currency.

It wouldn’t be Ragnarok if the monsters didn’t also have a chance to drop their cards. The drop rate may be a lot higher, but these precious rarities are still just as crucial as they ever were. Each card will augment your stats and abilities. Sometimes they act as a double edged sword by increasing one ability at the expense of another. It’s up to you to decide the right balance for your build.

This game also utilises different costumes that have a limited number of card slots. You can visit the tailor (with Zeny and materials) and increase the amount of card space you have available.
Once you are properly outfitted, it’s time to tackle some missions. You have the choice to go solo or join up to three friends (local or online), but whatever you do, don’t accidentally venture into the multiplayer tavern alone! Mission difficulty scales up pretty drastically, so don’t try to solo a group mission unless you are ready to put your skills to the test!

In describing this game, it’s impossible to avoid comparisons to certain other action/RPG games that have you hunting monsters, but in all honesty, such similarities are shallow at best! While you will get to enjoy the thrilling challenge of taking on enemies several times your size, your hero fights with a unique combo system that lets you unleash a variety of powerful skills. You can play baseball with Porings or knock an Orc sky-high, only to follow him into the air and continue your devastating onslaught.

For lack of any better words to describe it, the game just feels different from its co-op action RPG brethren. If only there was some way for you so sample the game…

That’s where the demo comes in!

Choose from three available classes: Sword Warrior, Assassin, or Cleric, and set out on sample missions to get a taste of mercenary life. The first two take place in the scenic Idavoll Plains, and they allow you to ease your way into the game. They also give you a taste of that first sweet, sweet giant boss battle. Keep in mind, as tough as this Orc King may seem, you will face foes exponentially larger and more deadly in the full version!

Lastly, we have a wolf hunt in Thor’s Volcano. The change of scenery is nice, but you will quickly notice that the seasoned adventurer’s journey becomes much more perilous as you venture further from those pretty green plains. Do you have what it takes to bring some order back to the Sundered Land?

The Ragnarok Odyssey demo is available later today, and the full version will be released on the PlayStation Store in Europe, Australia and New Zealand on 20th February 2013 for €29.99.

For more information, check out the official website here.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

86 Comments 84 Author replies
Show oldest first

DiscworldDeath 6 February, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   1

I think Thor, Fenris and Jormungandr when I hear the word “Ragnarok” :)

Good work!

Oh wow, had no idea there was a demo coming out for this! And it’s today! :D

Hi there!

This is great news, will the demo be available in all supported countries in Europe? :)

Regards,

Chocobo115 6 February, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   4

Ragnarok = End of the World

Anyways gotta try that Demo to see what all that hype was about…

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 2:55 pm

Ragnarok may be the end of the world, but it’s only the beginning of your journey through the Sundered Land ^_^

Silent_Gig 6 February, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   5

Hallelujah!

Im still waiting for my Dokuro refund though, lol

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 2:56 pm

Since this demo is free, you can always give it a try while you’re waiting…

CurtChapman 6 February, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   6

As ridiculously happy that this is finally coming out (and I really am!) i’m sad It’s out so close to the uk launch of persona. I need something to play now!!!

Regardless, it’s fantastic news! :)

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 2:58 pm

Both are great games for sure!

You can always play the demo for now… or maybe Dokuro ;)

Silent_Gig 6 February, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   7

Will the demo be online?

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

The demo features the Single Player Tavern and the Ad-hoc Multiplayer Tavern.

wow this is really nice !! waiting 4 the full v coming .

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:04 pm

It’s definitely worth the wait, but if you can’t hold out any longer, the demo should help you get your fix!

Amazing first day for me! :)

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:06 pm

Glad to hear it. You’ll be bashing Porings and tackling Hill Giants soon!!!

Ragnarok Odyssey and Persona 4, two amazing games i’ve been waiting for PS VITA finally coming at the end of february in Europe. Yayy

Does this include Sweden?

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:08 pm

We went through the process for ALL European regions, so unless something goes wrong, it should be available. Let us know if the store updates and you don’t see it available.

*fingers crossed*

BlasterGeo 6 February, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   12

Downloading the demo right now!!
Ohh man this month is full of epic games !!
MGS Rising Persona 4 and Ragnarok @_@

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:10 pm

Oh man O_o that is a great big pile of epic.

It’s important to breathe deep, and stay hydrated while playing the heck out of your Vita!

SuperJag86 6 February, 2013 @ 1:15 pm   13

Looking forward to trying the demo as I’ve been waiting for this game for ages!
I hope it turns out to be a solid game.
The price seems reasonable too, I hope that translates favourably when converted to GBP :)

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:11 pm

Barring some global, catastrophic shift in exchange rates, it should be around £23.99.

cowbanana 6 February, 2013 @ 1:15 pm   14

Do er get this in Denmark?

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:15 pm

You should, but let us know if you don’t see it when the store updates.

We like to make sure our games get into as many hands as possible – we wouldn’t want anyone in the EU to feel neglected!!!

spagetti69 6 February, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   15

I think of Halo tbh.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

That answer is perfectly fair, but I think Norse mythology has that certain spartan beaten by very nearly a thousand years ;)

MordecaiHunter 6 February, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   16

Will the game be in Shops on the 20th also ?

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:18 pm

The release is digital only. We understand this is a turn off for some, but we still wanted to make the game available to as many people as possible.

We believe a digital only release is still preferable to none.

cowbanana 6 February, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   17

Do we…

Swotboy2000 6 February, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   18

Ragnarok to me will be always be the spaceship from FFVIII :D

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:19 pm

Hah!

That is an awesome and random reference!

At least it’s a good association… right?

To anyone wondering; the demo is up now, you just need to search it.

NightRanma 6 February, 2013 @ 1:25 pm   20

Good game. Shame we got left waiting so long on it. I’ve had an import copy for long enough that I’ve not played the game for months after beating it.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:21 pm

The delays were incredibly frustrating to us as well, but we are glad it’s finally available.

Can’t fault you for importing it – it’s a great game, and the wait was daunting.

The only reminder I would offer is that imported copies will not be compatible with any of our DLC.

Artemisthemp 6 February, 2013 @ 1:26 pm   21

Ragnarok Odyssey will release as Retail title or only digital?

Damn borrowed my Vita to a friend for awhile.

Artemisthemp 6 February, 2013 @ 1:28 pm   23

#14+17 Ww should, since only publisher having issues releasing titles in Scandinavian and Polen is NISA (won’t get into detail why)

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:23 pm

Sorry to hear your region has trouble getting some games, but you are correct that it should be available!

Too little too late, I imported the US version a few weeks ago, due to the UK version having no release date, It’d be nice to be in the know more than a couple of weeks before a game releases…

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:24 pm

I totally understand; as I said in #20, it’s tough to wait for a game like this.

We wanted to offer a release date as soon as possible, but unfortunately this was as much notice as we could get ourselves.

cowbanana 6 February, 2013 @ 1:33 pm   25

@23

We didn’t get Sumioni from XSEED. But we got Book of Shadows from the same publisher.
I don’t take anything for granted.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:25 pm

I can’t speak for other publishers, but we will do our best to ensure all our titles get into as many EU regions as possible.

SteveS-71 6 February, 2013 @ 1:33 pm   26

Typical, I got tired of waiting for a euro release so bought a US import just yesterday. Completed chapter 1 last night and thoroughly enjoying it so far.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game – regardless of which version you are playing.

The only warning I would give you is that the US version will not work with our EU DLC.

bought NA version and shipped it here, ridiculous how long its taking to be released here

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:28 pm

No one is more frustrated by such delays than we are.

When your NA version arrives, you certainly won’t be disappointed with the game. Again though, I would like to warn it won’t be compatible with our DLC.

S-o-h-a-i-l 6 February, 2013 @ 1:40 pm   28

Great news, will definitely try out the demo !

Could you please tell us how much it will cost in £ ?

ShivaRpgN 6 February, 2013 @ 1:40 pm   29

Good day Antonio, looks like you’re bringing us another batch of good news today. The price sounds good, though can you tell us how much it’s going to cost on the UK store?

Also good luck on replying to every post ;)

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:31 pm

It should be going for about £23.99 (unless of course currency exchange rates go NUTS in the next 2 weeks).

Thanks!

I was kind of shocked to see how many there already were!

And here I thought I was getting a good head start on it…

Chaosprower 6 February, 2013 @ 1:40 pm   30

Cool, I’ll give a try to the demo. The only bad thing is that its release is very close to Persona 4 Golden’s.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:31 pm

I wouldn’t necessarily see it as a bad thing – just a really GOOD month for PS Vita owners ^_^

Elbender93 6 February, 2013 @ 1:48 pm   31

Are the servers the same for every version? I bought the retail USA Version, will I be able to play with friends who own this version?

Ragnarok always reminds me of the club in Max Payne 1 :)

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:34 pm

Wow I thought the FF VIII reference was random, but that one is even more amusing!

I suppose a night club is more pleasant than the violent end of the world…

GungHo? So isn’t XSeed publishing the game in Europe? I just wonder, because they failed to release their games in Germany recently, due their nescience about the USK.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:38 pm

I can’t speak for other publishers, but we will do our best to get our titles to as many regions as we can.

Our Japanese headquarters made this game and they were shopping around for a US publisher while our US branch was still getting off the ground. As a result, XSEED ended up securing the American publishing rights and we ended up taking the European ones a bit later since it is technically “our” game… or so the legends say

CoolRichy008UK 6 February, 2013 @ 1:53 pm   34

HURRY UP WITH THE PS3 STORE UPDATE INFO WE WANT TO KNOW WHATS OUT TODAY

NOW NOW NOW

oli_1_uk same name diffrent game ;)

Witcher70 6 February, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   35

Welcome back Antonio, Ragnarok on 20th ! Wow I can’t wait

AlucardDHK 6 February, 2013 @ 2:15 pm   36

Nice price point for a DD only title, Bndai-Namco could learn a thing or two from it. At least, it was announced as a DD only title last year. Would definitely get if if i hadn’t imported the Mercenary Edition last year.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

I can’t deny that Mercenary Edition was super sexy!

The only warning/disclaimer I have is that you won’t be able to enjoy online multiplayer with the EU version or any of our DLC.

AlucardDHK 6 February, 2013 @ 2:17 pm   37

@ Elbender93:

Yes, you can.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

Interesting!

I was told this wouldn’t be possible. I know the US and Japan versions couldn’t play together either.

By Europe, do you guys really mean whole Europe? should I get excited? Sorry for the strange question but recently I got excited many times and in the end the game was not released in Poland….

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

We checked off every region possible, so this game should be coming your way!

XnoobsquadX 6 February, 2013 @ 2:24 pm   39

No one mentioned this but i find it great theyr not asking the premium price for this. Though some info would be nice the next time allmost imported the game glad i didnt.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:52 pm

Thanks for the kind words – I’m glad no one seems to think we want them fork over too much cash ^_^

I wish we could have provided more advanced notice myself, but this was as soon as was possible for this particular title.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:56 pm

*want them TO fork over…*

Bah, you’ll have to forgive my typo >_< I seem unable to edit my comments on this blog. Must… be… MORE careful.

Otaku_BAKA 6 February, 2013 @ 2:32 pm   40

Great news. Would have preferred a boxed release, but I guess beggars can’t be choosers :P. Would be nice to be given a rough indication of the full games filesize too, so I can make space.

angusinthearoara 6 February, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   41

SLAP! The sound of my us copy of ragnarok odyssey hit my floor this afternoon. I’m buzzing can’t wait to play, will any dlc come with the eu digital version? Also thank you for the vita sale, but be warned this may just cause ww3 xD

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:10 pm

Starting on release date and ending March 13, we will have new DLC every week – most of it FREE ^_^

If you’re interested in finding out what’s going to be available, you are welcome to check our Facebook each week.

anunnakid 6 February, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   42

I bought this game over a week ago as retail from the states because I just dont have the room on my 32 gig card for this game.
Sony need to release a 64 gig card right now!

Awesome game by the way, Best RPJ on Vita at the moment.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:12 pm

Yeah tell me about it… when my 32GB card filled up, I was completely dumbfounded!

My love of classic games has clearly gotten the better of me.

If you were curious, the full version of this game will take up about 1.11GB.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

also in febr. ni no kuni – dlc skyrim – terraria – star wars zen pinbal 2 + ragnorack odysee ath 29.99 € = day 1 u have corect price polici , when are publichers gone learn every ps3/ps4…. = 59 € max
portabel +-30 /36€ new big games

also even if u card not ful on vita max 100 icone = u can not upgrade on vita to have more ?

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:18 pm

Glad you seem to agree with our price point!

As for the max icons on the Vita, I’m not too sure about that. My memory cards always get full before I reach the 100 icons! You may want to try checking dedicated PS Vita forums for that.

ps. can u take demo carakter to ful game ?

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:19 pm

No, but you will definitely gain some good experience and find the missions that much easier to complete on the full version.

Considering this fact, my advice would be to not worry about the character creation process and just get a feel for the gameplay itself.

So glad this came over. Isn’t P4G coming to the PSN on the 20th, too? That’s going to be a busy week

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

That’s right – so tell are your friends who think the Vita doesn’t have any good games that they are DEAD WRONG ^_^

looks good, just a shame it’s Vita only, i say that purely because i haven’t got a Vita yet. ^_^

hopefully i can pick it up when i do get one.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

EU PSN sale…

Some GREAT JRPGs coming out on the 20th…

This is a great month for you to buy a Vita – just sayin’ ^_^

store update = done but no demo to find in belgium store .

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:23 pm

Try searching for it.

We went through the process for all EU territories, Australia, and New Zealand!

Perhaps some regions may take longer to update?

To bad you can’t play with Americans :/. It’s not something you can help with a patch?

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:23 pm

I don’t believe such a patch is in the works, but we will update everyone if this changes.

i can see on ps3 ragnorack demo
but not on vita , wil try from ps3

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:24 pm

That’s very strange, but loading it from the PS3 should be a good workaround.

S-o-h-a-i-l 6 February, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   50

Demo is awesome, price is reasonable, day one for me !

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:25 pm

Well I think you’re awesome too!

So enjoy that demo and be prepared for the 20th!

cowbanana 6 February, 2013 @ 4:14 pm   51

Nice demo, I like it ;)

Thanks for bringing this to Scandinavia. You never know with these localized Japanese games.

GungHo! Yay!

*goes back to skulking about the missing Dokuro refund, a whole week after the fact* But that mess is on Sony’s hands…

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:26 pm

Really glad you like the demo.

I promise you, the full version is all that AND MORE ^_^

Just wanted to pop back and say thanks to Antonio Cara for being such a great PR guy. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone on the blog as helpful in answering community questions as you are!

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 4:28 pm

Aww shucks! You’re making me blush >_<

I'll continue to do my best with each new blog, and I hope to see you all again soon ;)

Artemisthemp 6 February, 2013 @ 4:32 pm   53

I rarely import Vita titles, do to the fact that Vita only support 1 account (unlike PS3) and I therefor would be unable to access/get DLC on my EU PSN account.

Antonio Cara any chance you could tell Ragnarok Odyssey price in €(Euro)?

SteveS-71 6 February, 2013 @ 4:51 pm   54

Hi Antonio Cara, nice to see you active in the comments. I was wondering if you’d know, would the save file from my US copy of Ragnarok be compatible with the digital version from the European store if I chose to purchase it again as a download at some time?

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 7:56 pm

The save data, DLC, and online multiplayer for each game should only be compatible within the same region.

Artemisthemp 6 February, 2013 @ 4:54 pm   55

#54 US save file would not work with a EU copy.

SteveS-71 6 February, 2013 @ 5:05 pm   56

#55 I kinda had a feeling it wouldn’t, never tried using a save from a different region before. Thanks for the answer.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 7:57 pm

As mentioned previously, if you do decide to get the EU version, there will be DLC released for it on a weekly basis (until March 13).

cowbanana 6 February, 2013 @ 5:42 pm   57

I want to thank Antonio for answering questions here. It is refreshing with some feedback!

I also want to add that €29.99 is a very good price in my eyes. A good game is great value at that price. I really wish that other publishers would adopt more sensible prices for digital titles.

Sometimes it’s a bit hard to swallow paying €40+ for digital, portable titles that often simply haven’t got the production values or technical merit to warrant that price. Too many €40+ Vita titles seem to be rushed and technically underwhelming.

Price is no issue for me if a game is absolutely best in class with great production values and a solid technical foundation. Then I’ll pay whatever price tag it comes with. But many games on Vita seem to have been too rushed to warrant their price tag.

Ragnarok Odyssey runs well, looks nice and is fun to play.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 7:58 pm

Ragnarok is indeed nice and fun to play ^_^

We are glad to see so many users pleased with the price point, and we always consider such things with future releases.

supersmith2500 6 February, 2013 @ 5:46 pm   58

Hey Ant, is there a physical copy as well?

supersmith2500 6 February, 2013 @ 5:47 pm   59

*read’s reply on #21*
Oh, ok. Vita could with more retail games. =P

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 7:59 pm

Your feedback is definitely understood!

And if you were interested, the size will be 1.11GB.

Artemisthemp 6 February, 2013 @ 5:53 pm   60

#57 You mean like CoD for Vita?

#58 Sadly no Physical Copy, which makes me sad, because I would love to have a case on display or maybe even a Special Edition of the game.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 8:01 pm

At the moment, GungHo only has plans to release digital titles, but that could always change in the future.

I personally enjoy special editions a great deal!

Hey, I don’t see the demo anywhere. I tried to seatch for it but I see it anyway. I’m using the UK Store. Can you help?

#62 Thank you! :D

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 8:02 pm

Hope you are enjoying the demo right now!

Don’t forget the full version on the 20th ^_^

So let me get this straight: I can’t play with my EU friends since I happen to own imported US version of the game?

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 8:03 pm

You will not be able to, but you should still be able to play with people on the US version.

Looks like my wait for this actually paid off! Though that Mercenary Edition did tempt me on many an occasion… Any idea if we’ll be getting a similar Limited Edition in Europe?

Kresnik258 6 February, 2013 @ 8:12 pm   66

I have to say, this game wasn’t really on my radar until now (I’m not a fan of Monster Hunting games), but I’m tempted to pick this up just to support you. Having someone reply to every blog post on this article for the past 7 hours is something I’ve never seen before, I really appreciate that level of customer service… thank you Antonio!

I’ll try the demo out at the very least. For that price point (£23.99), it’s pretty hard to go wrong. Plus it’s developed by Game Arts! Would it be inappropriate for me to beg you to pass the message on that the world needs Grandia 4? :P

Anyway, thanks again :)

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 10:25 pm

Hah, we get a lot of comments about Grandia, and I know I’d be super excited about a revival. Still – no official word on such a thing!

As for games where you hunt monsters, this one really has a different feel to it than certain other ones. The demo speaks for itself, and I hope you have a blast!

Really want to play this but between disliking paying high prices for digital only content and the stupidly high price of Vita memory cards, going to have to give this a miss.

I’d happily pay £30-35 for a physical copy, will never pay £24 for digital only. Is past my point of digital value.

..though at least your digital price is much better than others *cough*Earthdefenceforce*cough* so props for that, good for those who don’t mind digital content.

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 10:26 pm

An understandable view point.

Should you change your mind, the game (and free demo) will be waiting!

Artemisthemp 6 February, 2013 @ 8:42 pm   68

Keep up the great work Antonio Cara.
Your the best PR on the blog, this far :)

Antonio Cara 6 February, 2013 @ 10:26 pm

I’m certainly trying, and it’s exciting to see so many comments!

Glad to hear people are genuinely interested.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up Antonio! Guess I’ll buy the Mercenary Edition as well some time then :P

You know your dedication to answering this blog just may make me willing to buy the game even if digital only :p

AlucardDHK 6 February, 2013 @ 10:40 pm   71

@Antonio Cara, regarding reply to post #37

When the EU version of RO was first announced, i remember a couple of articles saying the servers for US and EU would be the same and would allow for playing with people from any of those regions. This was back in Q3 or Q4 2012, things might have changed since then. I ended up importing the Mercenary Edition because, well, Collectors Edition FTW, and the EU launch date was constantly being pushed back and not confirmed.

Losing DLC is, well, a loss. If it’s just the extra clothing and hats then it’s not gamebreaking. Like i said, awesome price, IMO that’s exactly the sweet spot for new Vita games on the PSN. I hope (and feel shame for not helping) the game exceeds sales expectations in Europe and Australia, we could use more companies bringing niche/obscure titles. *cough*Demon Gaze*cough*Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus*cough*Monster Monpiece*wink*wink

I have to say, it’s really refreshing to see so many replies. You’re doing great Antonio, keep it up! I’ve looked forward to getting this game ever since the first Japanese screenshots, so this is great news! Good price as well.

Antonio Cara 7 February, 2013 @ 12:04 am

The UI has changed a little bit from the original Japanese version, but it’s the same fantastic game that got you hooked way back when ^_^

Warioman3000 6 February, 2013 @ 11:18 pm   73

So happy it finally has a EU release date!! I unfortunately couldn’t wait and imported the US version, that said, I wasn’t even that into this style of game, I took a chance wanting something new and its now been 2 months and the cartridge hasn’t left my Vita!

Antonio Cara 7 February, 2013 @ 12:05 am

That’s good to hear.

I’m all for stepping outside my gaming comfort zone for the chance to experience something delightful and new.

Unicronic 7 February, 2013 @ 7:52 am   74

@ Antonio Cara, I think you’ve set a new record on this blog for more replies than user posts. Well done sir.

@PlayStationEU Just hire this guy already.

Antonio Cara 7 February, 2013 @ 8:22 pm

Ah well… to be fair – that one extra reply was an apology for a typo >_<

I have to say that the love the PS Vita is receiving these past 30 days is encouraging. Keep it up :)

Antonio Cara 7 February, 2013 @ 8:23 pm

A lot of good games coming out this month – I say get them all :)

I heard a theory once – it basically said if you buy good games, they will make more of them! If you buy lame ones… well…

Wow, great to hear a release date so soon!
You’ve already specified the price in Euros and Pounds, what about an Australian price? (there seems to be quite a bit of that missing from on the EU Blog)

Antonio Cara 7 February, 2013 @ 8:28 pm

I wished we could have gotten a release date over to you even sooner.

Unfortunately, I’m not to sure about the Australian price. The only price that is set in stone is the €29.99. If you calculate that at current exchange rates, it should give you a pretty good idea.

Thanks for all the answers! it’s rare to see such feedback on this boards :)

I saw the demo in Polish store, so I will try it out during the weekend, but I think I’ll be picking this up for that price regardless!

Also the other reason would be that back in the day I was a crazy RO player :)

Cheers!

Antonio Cara 7 February, 2013 @ 8:29 pm

It’s definitely a great way to kill a weekend!

I will say this, it’s much faster paced and more heavily action-oriented than your typical RO gaming session (WoE not included).

Fenrir188 7 February, 2013 @ 5:05 pm   78

Do you know if any progress we make will be transferable from the demo to the full game (while its only money as far is i’m aware it would still be awesome to start the game filthy rich)

Antonio Cara 7 February, 2013 @ 8:31 pm

The progress will not transfer, but when you begin the full version, you will find that most of the demo quests occur early on (the visit to Thor’s Volcano notwithstanding).

My advice is to get a feel for the gameplay and the different available classes, but don’t worry too much about collecting items/customizing your looks.

Lord_Gremlin 7 February, 2013 @ 5:39 pm   79

Well, at this point I’ve already imported US version, played it, got Platinum trophy, played a lot more, helped dozens of players get rare items and finally several hundred hours into the game got tired of it and put on the shelf. Couple of months ago.
US DLC is useless garbage. Ugly hats etc. Are you offering something different?
Also, is the trophy set separate from US version?
And finally, have you thought of bringing Lord of Apocalypse to EU? Now this one would sell better. Pretty much everyone I knew who wanted RO bought it a very long time ago.

Antonio Cara 7 February, 2013 @ 8:59 pm

It actually sounds like you’ve had a fantastic time with Ragnarok Odyssey, and the community was that much richer for your presence.

The DLC list is the same one you may have seen in the Japanese store, and you will not be able to double up on trophies.

We don’t currently have any plans for Lord of Apocalypse, but I wouldn’t mind seeing this title in the US myself!

Witcher70 7 February, 2013 @ 11:32 pm   80

Antonio Cara YOU ROCK ! Your the only guy that actually cares about their enough about their games to to answer all our queries. kudos.

FREE DLC! my you know how to spoil us :)

Antonio Cara 8 February, 2013 @ 12:04 am

Spoil you, or trick you into liking us? Muahahha…

We hope you enjoy the DLC and have a great February 20 ^_^

Witcher70 7 February, 2013 @ 11:44 pm   81

SORRY about my bad wording i’ve just finished work and feeling very tired !

Antonio Cara 8 February, 2013 @ 12:05 am

Ah that’s quite alright.

I hate making mistakes in these comments, and I wish so badly we could at least edit our own typos after we make them >_<

Witcher70 8 February, 2013 @ 1:03 pm   82

I totally agree, normally i double check before pressing the submit button, on this occasion, my brain was not quite in gear ! I am very much looking forward to feb 20th along with the BIG sony announcement.

See you soon.

Antonio Cara 9 February, 2013 @ 2:15 am

Oh yeah… I think I’ve heard something about an announcement around that time ;)

I must say i am really disappointed with download only. My vita has no built in memory and with all the download only titles coming out this is going the way of the PSPGo. I will have to buy the import from amazon then to get the retail version.

Come on Sony, the Go failed so PLEASE release all full price games as retail AND digital so we have the choice.

Antonio Cara 9 February, 2013 @ 2:18 am

I understand memory cards can fill up fast. Ragnarok Odyssey will take up about 1.11GB for the full version in case you were wondering.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoy the demo (about 260MB).

supersmith2500 15 February, 2013 @ 5:56 pm   84

So wait, if the Japanese and NA versions of the game is also available via retail. Then why is the European version of the game only available on digital for Europe? It doesn’t make any sense and I hate seeing Vita games only available on digital form. Btw who decided to only release it digital only. SCEE or GungHo. Hate to say this. I hate importing. = (

A bit late for the demo, but I had my eye on the NA Mercenary edition of this game, but its DD only here, which will have to do. The mercenary pack looked great but I want the DLC in a game. I am installing on a 32GB memory card as my 16GB is rather full with 3.9GB left and the games on that card might need DLC so its installed NFS as I had in the Vita too, plus a couple PSONE classics I had on it….

is there any chance of Digital PDF of book extras et al? Anywhere?

DizardoZX 5 March, 2013 @ 7:11 pm   86

I enjoyed every bit of the demo!
11/10!
Hope the full version gets released soon i need it disparately!