Posted 6:06pm

Ratchet & Clank: QForce PS Vita update

ratchet clank qforce

As many of you know, when Ratchet & Clank: QForce launched for the PS3 this past November, we announced that the PS Vita version would be coming out later in January 2013 to ensure the best portable Ratchet & Clank experience possible.

Our friends at Tin Giant have been working night and day to bring Insomniac’s PS3 game to the PS Vita system and to provide our fans with a great game. While the original delay has helped us make the game better, we still need more time to bring the game up to the standards expected by our fans.

In order to do this, the launch date for Ratchet & Clank: QForce for PS Vita has moved to Spring 2013. We realise that this delay may be disappointing for our fans, but please know that we are doing our best to get the game into your hands as soon as possible.

For those of you who have purchased the PS3 version of the game and are waiting for your PS Vita entitlement, we want to make it up to you as best we can. We’ll be offering MotorStorm RC as a free download to all of our fans who purchased Ratchet & Clank: QForce for the PS3 system.

You’ll receive a download voucher via email before the end of February, which will be valid for 60 days. To be eligible you’ll just have to have played your PS3 copy of the game once, while connected to the internet, by the end of this week.

We greatly appreciate your patience as we work to bring you the best Ratchet & Clank experience possible for the PS Vita system. We will update you with a specific release date as soon as it is available.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

113 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

litterature 7 February, 2013 @ 6:11 pm   1

Can you explain why we get Motorstorm RC a OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD game and US get Deadlock HD the new game …. i’m really disappointed ^^

jason54400 7 February, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   2

I already have MotorStorm RC though. I am glad your are trying your best to get this on the vita.

Damn. I bought Motorstorm RC just yesterday as it was in the sale, disappointing to hear about the Vita version delay too. I do appreciate the effort on your side guys but would have been nice if this announcement could have been made just a day earlier, I have no doubt that there are others who only just bought it in the big Vita sale as well…

XnoobsquadX 7 February, 2013 @ 6:17 pm   4

Nice to finally see a dev giving some kind of apology/information on a delayed release. This should be the standard for any developer not making the deadline after they announced a release date.
A free game? lol that wasnt really neccesary but it shows u guys actually care not upsetting the ppl who allrdy bought the ps3 titel.
i myself didnt buy the ps3 version and wont. Ill be waiting patiently on the vita titel and i wish u guys the best of look.
Keep up the good work! really appreciate the info.<3

US get Deadlocked and we get Motorstorm RC which is a cheap game already on discount… Disappointed in you SCEE

supersmith2500 7 February, 2013 @ 6:20 pm   6

So wait, will Cross-Buy still exist when the Vita version comes out? I mean if Bluepoint and Armature can port games to Vita fine. Can’t see why Tin Giant is really slow with the development time.

Btw, will the early owners still get the Vita port as well or just MotorStorm RC as a replacement?

DoYouLikeMyID 7 February, 2013 @ 6:22 pm   7

Well, I already have MotorStorm RC, but nice for those who don’t.

Spring 2013? So that means it’ll be out at least before the end of may, assuming no other delays occur… Well that’s stil about 4 months from now, so it could be a rather long wait.

Synyster_Zeikku 7 February, 2013 @ 6:24 pm   8

Not good enough. Why are we even getting MotorStorm? Most of us got the game for free at some point. Sony hands out MotorStorm whenever it can to compensate for bad service.

So the US, get a free copy of Deadlocked HD and us European people get sidelined yet again. It’s bad enough everything takes longer to be released for us as-is.

Not to be ungreatfull, but I’d rather have R&C: Deadlocked (or would that be Gladiator here). Ah, well, thanks for the warning about needing to play the game online at least. I’ve yet to open my PS3 copy of Q-Force since I was waiting for the Vita version.

gashumonsata 7 February, 2013 @ 6:25 pm   10

Ummm, no. Dear God no, don’t you do this to us. Don’t let the US get Deadlocked for free and we’re stuck with some damn racing game. You have got to reconsider this, seriously.

DetroitPlaya 7 February, 2013 @ 6:25 pm   11

I never log in to this blog, but must be done today.

MotorStorm RC? Why on Earth do you give that? NA get a relevant title (Ratchet: Deadlocked), which is a great deal – we get this? At least have the decency to come up with a title which would be somewhat relevant.

This is ridiculous.

gashumonsata 7 February, 2013 @ 6:27 pm   12

I agree with Detroit. Seriously, take a look at most Ratchet fans. How on earth is a racing game relevant to the interests of most Ratchet and Clank fans? It could have been another platformer at least :B

supersmith2500 7 February, 2013 @ 6:34 pm   13

You know, I may accept your apology about the delay but offering Motorstorm RC is just not good enough and is poor excuse. SCEA is offering Deadlocked/Gladiator HD for free and yet you offered us Motorstorm RC instead. A another spit in the face to R&C fans once again. In the R&C trilogy last year, the US got a free avatar and early access to Sly 4 demo after 2 month wait as an apology, we don’t. Good job I didn’t buy Q-Force yet and I hope it comes out next month.

Gamesgbkiller 7 February, 2013 @ 6:37 pm   14

Why the delay on a short game like .?
really liked it on PS3 .. But come on :|
At least give as a Ratchet and clank game like US .
What does MS RC have to do with this game ?

almighty-slayer 7 February, 2013 @ 6:38 pm   15

Or how about no. SCEA get a brand new game (Ratchet Gladiator) we get a game that came out a year ago. Just no. Also, the game we get is worth a fraction of the amount that theirs is.

So no. I was waiting for the Vita version to buy this, but now i probably won’t buy it at all.

glasgowdave 7 February, 2013 @ 6:46 pm   16

I would rather have a quality game later than a not perfect game right now so I am glad that they are taking a bit longer to make it the best it can be.

I own already MotorStorm RC…and does that mean that i can`t get anything??

sithknight666 7 February, 2013 @ 6:49 pm   18

The RC in Motorstorm RC doesn’t stand for ratchet clank you know?!!!?? Lol. People might make fake usa accounts now, just give us the same game or something equal to. But at least you apologised, that probably would of been enough. Good luck to the dev team. Looking at the comments on here already you better prey they reach the new deadline. Anyhow, looking forward to playing this game on the vita :-)

Bloodway92 7 February, 2013 @ 6:58 pm   19

I hope you will reconsider this, and you will give us Deadlocked/Gladiator HD, lot of people already have motorstorm rc (like me) and some couldn’t want a racing game, instead give us a game which isn’t already available gives a bonus to EVERYONE. I’m really disappointed

Stonesthrow 7 February, 2013 @ 6:59 pm   20

Wow, getting a free game for the delay of a free Vita version? That’s very generous! I must admit I’d also rather have gotten Deadlocked, since I never played it, is more relevant and I already own M:RC, but the thought behind it is very friendly. I can give the code to my brother when he finally gets a ps3 :p
In any case, I’d love to see another traditional Rachet&Clank.. Loved both on ps3, Crack in time was awesome!

marchie-g 7 February, 2013 @ 7:06 pm   21

Why do I want a driving game when I bought a shooter. This deal is rubbish. If I bend down to get my vita will sony kick me in the ass????? I have not bought that game for a reason. Dont like driving games. Thanks but not a good deal

TearsOfBlood 7 February, 2013 @ 7:07 pm   22

This is a disgrace Sony, how can you hand out Ratchet Gladiator for free in America and instead give us a racing game no one is interested in. What’s the reasoning behind this? Is Ratchet: Gladiator HD going to be free in Europe too? Is it being released later in Europe? Way to disappoint fans Sony, good going!

Cyber_Pup 7 February, 2013 @ 7:11 pm   23

So I get a free game that I bought ages ago as an apology for blatant lies and false advertising on a game I bought which advertised as having cross play? Not acceptable really.

DarktaxFA 7 February, 2013 @ 7:14 pm   24

I honestly thinks its because sony doesn’t care about there eu market

Seriously now guys, I really think you should offer an alternative for those of us who already own Motorstorm RC and bought Q-Force at launch on the promise of cross-buy. Surely if you can tell who has played Q-Force you can tell who has played Motorstorm also and tailor the compensatory download accordingly, no? Seems the decent thing to do imo.

Oh my, you can’t please everyone. Thank you for the free game. A lot of people (myself included) already own MotorStorm: RC so feel a little annoyed. I’m happy that the Vita version is still coming and I look forward to playing it when I’m at work!

ryannumber3gamer 7 February, 2013 @ 7:25 pm   27

I think its great that Insomniac Games is offering a free game for people like me who is waiting for the PS Vita version after getting the PS3 version. (With Sly & Ratchet both heading to the Vita its going to be great) But i would much rather get Ratchet Gladiator (My third favorite Ratchet game after R&C 3 and A Crack In Time) like the US is getting. But still thanks for offering a free game to make up for it :)

ryannumber3gamer 7 February, 2013 @ 7:43 pm   28

Forgot to mention but i do agree with people who say its a little unfair that the US is getting a brand new game which is a R&C Game and we get Motorstorm RC which is old :/ But still thanks :)

Wiiman1225 7 February, 2013 @ 7:48 pm   29

I don’t sign in to comment often but today, it’s needed.

First, I like to say that Insomniac Games are awesome by offering a free game out for the delay of the FREE PS VITA version. I give them a virtual cookie and high-five (Or in Wreck-it Ralph terms, TOP SHELF!) for that.

Secondly, I’m unhappy though that Motorstorm RC is offered to the EU PSN. I bought that game at the Vita’s launch (with my console) plus it’s a year old and unrelated to the game which is delayed. I’m trying to say that please give us (EU PSN USERS) Ratchet: Gladiator HD like the US is getting as it’s related and brand spanking new to the PS3. I’m asking nicely, PLEASE RECONSIDER THE OFFER HERE, SONY. Thank you.

Finally, At least the PS VITA is going to get some love this year (with this, Sly, Tearaway, KillZone, Soul Scrifice and MORE!). Keep up the good work with the VITA titles. :P

I’m on holiday so obviously can’t play my PS3. Does that mean I won’t be able to get the free game?

It really should be Deadlocked though. As usual us in Europe are treated like 2nd class citizens!

almighty-slayer 7 February, 2013 @ 8:06 pm   31

Unless i’m reading it wrong, the qualification for EU is a lot more strict than in the US, too.

Here, you have to play the game before the end of this week. The US blog post makes no such mention of having to do it by the end of the week. Any reason why we get the short end of the stick on that, too?

dark_angel69 7 February, 2013 @ 8:13 pm   32

MotorStorm….Deadlock… The hell with MotorStorm. Already have two of them and don’t even play them. MotorStrom is nothing like Ratchet and Clank so why we getting that?

I appreciate that your giving away a free game and its very generous of yas but the choice of game your giving away for free is very disappointing. We’re all human with feelings not a bin so you americans need to stop giving us trash. Do the smart thing and treat us equal.

SSJVEGETA2007 7 February, 2013 @ 8:25 pm   33

Wow a free code for budget game I already about you just credit my account the value of the game that way it won’t be a complete waste

Hi Greg

First I would like to thank you for the update on the progress of Vita version of the game. I have a quick question for you, but unfortunately English is not my first language, so please bear with me, if I am not as eloquent as a native speaker would be.

I bought the disc-version of the PS3 game in a store, and I have used the “Disc Benefits”-feature to “link” my SEN account to my gamedisc to download the Vita version. Would I still need to play the game to be eligable for the free version of MotorStorm RC? (If the game was bought from the PlayStation Store you/SCEE would already have the needed information, so I would think the same would be the case, when I have used the “Disc Benefits”-feature)

You didn’t have to give a free game, but since you did you should have gave SCEA and SCEE the same game.

Now you’ve turned an apology into another insult for SCEE users.

Would have been better off giving nothing for either than giving SCEE the short end, again.

Well, better than nothing, but I don’t know anyone who doesn’t already have Motorstorm RC.

It’s a shame because Q Force is such an under-rated game as well. It’s not too deep, but a good mix of Tower Defence and platform action adventure.

K_for_Vendetta 7 February, 2013 @ 8:35 pm   37

why american market get a free copy of Deadlocked HD and europe motorstorm rc??

disappointed

SuperJag86 7 February, 2013 @ 9:12 pm   38

I’d rather we get the PSP Ratchet game instead, especially if we can’t get Deadlocked (which is obviously my preferred choice).

SuperJag86 7 February, 2013 @ 9:13 pm   39

BTW giving away Motorstorm RC to Vita owners seems redundant as most Vita owners would have bought it already!!
Please reconsider!

JadoreSox 7 February, 2013 @ 9:15 pm   40

So glad I didn’t get this.

liamlangan 7 February, 2013 @ 9:18 pm   41

To those of a who own Motorstorm RC and are sad about the delay, we also deserve compensation and giving us a voucher for a game we already is own is just simply not good enough, please SCEE, let us chose between Ratchet: Gladiator (deadlocked in the US) and Motorstorm RC so those of us who own both don’t end up feeling disappointed

Nice of you to finally acknowledge it won’t be making the January release window, being how we are already a week into Feb. The vague Spring window doesn’t give me any confidence you guys have any confidence in this game either. Between this news and the 2 month wait for Sly4 it’s a disappointing week for the many R&C and Sly fans in EU.

I can’t even bring myself to really care about the Motorstorm/Deadlocked situation, discrepancies between US and EU happen so often. Besides, I’ve had Motorstorm so long and have other stuff to play ahead of an HD remake. All this goodwill gesture seems to have done is cause more angst for users already disgruntled about the disparities between regions.

supersonicx4 7 February, 2013 @ 9:33 pm   43

WE DONT WANT MOTOSTORM WE WANT RATCHET & CLANCK DEADLOCKED!!!

Bth_Portugal 7 February, 2013 @ 9:37 pm   44

So let me get this straight … If I’m waiting for a Sonic game (example) I will receive a Call of Duty game for apology of the delay of the Sonic game … GENIUS!!! Why the hell don’t I live in America, I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE GLADIATOR HD but nooooooooo, We have to stay with a Motorstorm game! That doesn’t make ANY SENSE!!!! When I opened the Psblog (US) and I was reading about the free Deadlock game, I went all crazy and happy!!! Then I thought, “Let me see if in Europe we have the same”, I opened the post in the European blog, I started reading and then I saw something … “Where’s Gladiator?” … Instead I saw “Motorstorm RC” … Yeah … Great move Sony!

im happy that you/sony gives an update – communication is key!
and i will take a great vitaport over a crappy one any day. take your time (not to long eh?), make it great. sad to se the difference between us and eu games. but heck, you dident even need to give a free game..

dident we already get a free dlc, because of this problem?

aww come on why do we not get ratchet gladiator for free :( please reconsider

I deleted the game from my hard drive when I completed it. Will I have to download it again and play it once more in order to receive Motorstorm RC?

james_c1549 7 February, 2013 @ 10:29 pm   48

Motorstorm RC is in the vita sale for £2.15 and R+C gladiator will be what a £9.99-£12.99 game, seems a bit unfair to offer the us a more expensive game and a game that everyone probably has already, atleast make it a choice between games that haven’t been/not on sale of the same price as gladiator would be, if this is the way people will be treated in eu in future i think i’ll go buy the stuff on the us store with a made us account.

I’m little sad that I’ve got to wait longer but as along as I get what I paid for I’ll be happy, but the problem with motorstorm RC, is just a joke out of the all the great games on vita and PS3 why that one, ok maybe EU get R&C gladiator later than US, but why not give Jak and Daxter 1 for free or the PSP game Size Matters or early access to the SLY 4 demo. Anything but MS:RC as I’ve tried the demo and hated it.

Chaosprower 7 February, 2013 @ 11:02 pm   50

Motorstorm RC should be the complete edition at least, because otherwise it would feel like an advertisement for the DLC.

I think there would be less rage in the comments if there was just an apology, rather than giving completely different compensation to each territory. I didn’t buy the PS3 version, but I understand why everyone is complaining about this.

Load all