Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 6:06pm

Ratchet & Clank: QForce PS Vita update

ratchet clank qforce

As many of you know, when Ratchet & Clank: QForce launched for the PS3 this past November, we announced that the PS Vita version would be coming out later in January 2013 to ensure the best portable Ratchet & Clank experience possible.

Our friends at Tin Giant have been working night and day to bring Insomniac’s PS3 game to the PS Vita system and to provide our fans with a great game. While the original delay has helped us make the game better, we still need more time to bring the game up to the standards expected by our fans.

In order to do this, the launch date for Ratchet & Clank: QForce for PS Vita has moved to Spring 2013. We realise that this delay may be disappointing for our fans, but please know that we are doing our best to get the game into your hands as soon as possible.

For those of you who have purchased the PS3 version of the game and are waiting for your PS Vita entitlement, we want to make it up to you as best we can. We’ll be offering MotorStorm RC as a free download to all of our fans who purchased Ratchet & Clank: QForce for the PS3 system.

You’ll receive a download voucher via email before the end of February, which will be valid for 60 days. To be eligible you’ll just have to have played your PS3 copy of the game once, while connected to the internet, by the end of this week.

We greatly appreciate your patience as we work to bring you the best Ratchet & Clank experience possible for the PS Vita system. We will update you with a specific release date as soon as it is available.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

113 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
litterature 7 February, 2013 @ 6:11 pm   1

Can you explain why we get Motorstorm RC a OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD game and US get Deadlock HD the new game …. i’m really disappointed ^^

jason54400 7 February, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   2

I already have MotorStorm RC though. I am glad your are trying your best to get this on the vita.

Damn. I bought Motorstorm RC just yesterday as it was in the sale, disappointing to hear about the Vita version delay too. I do appreciate the effort on your side guys but would have been nice if this announcement could have been made just a day earlier, I have no doubt that there are others who only just bought it in the big Vita sale as well…

XnoobsquadX 7 February, 2013 @ 6:17 pm   4

Nice to finally see a dev giving some kind of apology/information on a delayed release. This should be the standard for any developer not making the deadline after they announced a release date.
A free game? lol that wasnt really neccesary but it shows u guys actually care not upsetting the ppl who allrdy bought the ps3 titel.
i myself didnt buy the ps3 version and wont. Ill be waiting patiently on the vita titel and i wish u guys the best of look.
Keep up the good work! really appreciate the info.<3

US get Deadlocked and we get Motorstorm RC which is a cheap game already on discount… Disappointed in you SCEE

supersmith2500 7 February, 2013 @ 6:20 pm   6

So wait, will Cross-Buy still exist when the Vita version comes out? I mean if Bluepoint and Armature can port games to Vita fine. Can’t see why Tin Giant is really slow with the development time.

Btw, will the early owners still get the Vita port as well or just MotorStorm RC as a replacement?

DoYouLikeMyID 7 February, 2013 @ 6:22 pm   7

Well, I already have MotorStorm RC, but nice for those who don’t.

Spring 2013? So that means it’ll be out at least before the end of may, assuming no other delays occur… Well that’s stil about 4 months from now, so it could be a rather long wait.

Synyster_Zeikku 7 February, 2013 @ 6:24 pm   8

Not good enough. Why are we even getting MotorStorm? Most of us got the game for free at some point. Sony hands out MotorStorm whenever it can to compensate for bad service.

So the US, get a free copy of Deadlocked HD and us European people get sidelined yet again. It’s bad enough everything takes longer to be released for us as-is.

Not to be ungreatfull, but I’d rather have R&C: Deadlocked (or would that be Gladiator here). Ah, well, thanks for the warning about needing to play the game online at least. I’ve yet to open my PS3 copy of Q-Force since I was waiting for the Vita version.

gashumonsata 7 February, 2013 @ 6:25 pm   10

Ummm, no. Dear God no, don’t you do this to us. Don’t let the US get Deadlocked for free and we’re stuck with some damn racing game. You have got to reconsider this, seriously.

DetroitPlaya 7 February, 2013 @ 6:25 pm   11

I never log in to this blog, but must be done today.

MotorStorm RC? Why on Earth do you give that? NA get a relevant title (Ratchet: Deadlocked), which is a great deal – we get this? At least have the decency to come up with a title which would be somewhat relevant.

This is ridiculous.

gashumonsata 7 February, 2013 @ 6:27 pm   12

I agree with Detroit. Seriously, take a look at most Ratchet fans. How on earth is a racing game relevant to the interests of most Ratchet and Clank fans? It could have been another platformer at least :B

supersmith2500 7 February, 2013 @ 6:34 pm   13

You know, I may accept your apology about the delay but offering Motorstorm RC is just not good enough and is poor excuse. SCEA is offering Deadlocked/Gladiator HD for free and yet you offered us Motorstorm RC instead. A another spit in the face to R&C fans once again. In the R&C trilogy last year, the US got a free avatar and early access to Sly 4 demo after 2 month wait as an apology, we don’t. Good job I didn’t buy Q-Force yet and I hope it comes out next month.

Gamesgbkiller 7 February, 2013 @ 6:37 pm   14

Why the delay on a short game like .?
really liked it on PS3 .. But come on :|
At least give as a Ratchet and clank game like US .
What does MS RC have to do with this game ?

almighty-slayer 7 February, 2013 @ 6:38 pm   15

Or how about no. SCEA get a brand new game (Ratchet Gladiator) we get a game that came out a year ago. Just no. Also, the game we get is worth a fraction of the amount that theirs is.

So no. I was waiting for the Vita version to buy this, but now i probably won’t buy it at all.

glasgowdave 7 February, 2013 @ 6:46 pm   16

I would rather have a quality game later than a not perfect game right now so I am glad that they are taking a bit longer to make it the best it can be.

I own already MotorStorm RC…and does that mean that i can`t get anything??

sithknight666 7 February, 2013 @ 6:49 pm   18

The RC in Motorstorm RC doesn’t stand for ratchet clank you know?!!!?? Lol. People might make fake usa accounts now, just give us the same game or something equal to. But at least you apologised, that probably would of been enough. Good luck to the dev team. Looking at the comments on here already you better prey they reach the new deadline. Anyhow, looking forward to playing this game on the vita :-)

Bloodway92 7 February, 2013 @ 6:58 pm   19

I hope you will reconsider this, and you will give us Deadlocked/Gladiator HD, lot of people already have motorstorm rc (like me) and some couldn’t want a racing game, instead give us a game which isn’t already available gives a bonus to EVERYONE. I’m really disappointed

Stonesthrow 7 February, 2013 @ 6:59 pm   20

Wow, getting a free game for the delay of a free Vita version? That’s very generous! I must admit I’d also rather have gotten Deadlocked, since I never played it, is more relevant and I already own M:RC, but the thought behind it is very friendly. I can give the code to my brother when he finally gets a ps3 :p
In any case, I’d love to see another traditional Rachet&Clank.. Loved both on ps3, Crack in time was awesome!

marchie-g 7 February, 2013 @ 7:06 pm   21

Why do I want a driving game when I bought a shooter. This deal is rubbish. If I bend down to get my vita will sony kick me in the ass????? I have not bought that game for a reason. Dont like driving games. Thanks but not a good deal

TearsOfBlood 7 February, 2013 @ 7:07 pm   22

This is a disgrace Sony, how can you hand out Ratchet Gladiator for free in America and instead give us a racing game no one is interested in. What’s the reasoning behind this? Is Ratchet: Gladiator HD going to be free in Europe too? Is it being released later in Europe? Way to disappoint fans Sony, good going!

Cyber_Pup 7 February, 2013 @ 7:11 pm   23

So I get a free game that I bought ages ago as an apology for blatant lies and false advertising on a game I bought which advertised as having cross play? Not acceptable really.

DarktaxFA 7 February, 2013 @ 7:14 pm   24

I honestly thinks its because sony doesn’t care about there eu market

Seriously now guys, I really think you should offer an alternative for those of us who already own Motorstorm RC and bought Q-Force at launch on the promise of cross-buy. Surely if you can tell who has played Q-Force you can tell who has played Motorstorm also and tailor the compensatory download accordingly, no? Seems the decent thing to do imo.

Oh my, you can’t please everyone. Thank you for the free game. A lot of people (myself included) already own MotorStorm: RC so feel a little annoyed. I’m happy that the Vita version is still coming and I look forward to playing it when I’m at work!

ryannumber3gamer 7 February, 2013 @ 7:25 pm   27

I think its great that Insomniac Games is offering a free game for people like me who is waiting for the PS Vita version after getting the PS3 version. (With Sly & Ratchet both heading to the Vita its going to be great) But i would much rather get Ratchet Gladiator (My third favorite Ratchet game after R&C 3 and A Crack In Time) like the US is getting. But still thanks for offering a free game to make up for it :)

ryannumber3gamer 7 February, 2013 @ 7:43 pm   28

Forgot to mention but i do agree with people who say its a little unfair that the US is getting a brand new game which is a R&C Game and we get Motorstorm RC which is old :/ But still thanks :)

Wiiman1225 7 February, 2013 @ 7:48 pm   29

I don’t sign in to comment often but today, it’s needed.

First, I like to say that Insomniac Games are awesome by offering a free game out for the delay of the FREE PS VITA version. I give them a virtual cookie and high-five (Or in Wreck-it Ralph terms, TOP SHELF!) for that.

Secondly, I’m unhappy though that Motorstorm RC is offered to the EU PSN. I bought that game at the Vita’s launch (with my console) plus it’s a year old and unrelated to the game which is delayed. I’m trying to say that please give us (EU PSN USERS) Ratchet: Gladiator HD like the US is getting as it’s related and brand spanking new to the PS3. I’m asking nicely, PLEASE RECONSIDER THE OFFER HERE, SONY. Thank you.

Finally, At least the PS VITA is going to get some love this year (with this, Sly, Tearaway, KillZone, Soul Scrifice and MORE!). Keep up the good work with the VITA titles. :P

I’m on holiday so obviously can’t play my PS3. Does that mean I won’t be able to get the free game?

It really should be Deadlocked though. As usual us in Europe are treated like 2nd class citizens!

almighty-slayer 7 February, 2013 @ 8:06 pm   31

Unless i’m reading it wrong, the qualification for EU is a lot more strict than in the US, too.

Here, you have to play the game before the end of this week. The US blog post makes no such mention of having to do it by the end of the week. Any reason why we get the short end of the stick on that, too?

dark_angel69 7 February, 2013 @ 8:13 pm   32

MotorStorm….Deadlock… The hell with MotorStorm. Already have two of them and don’t even play them. MotorStrom is nothing like Ratchet and Clank so why we getting that?

I appreciate that your giving away a free game and its very generous of yas but the choice of game your giving away for free is very disappointing. We’re all human with feelings not a bin so you americans need to stop giving us trash. Do the smart thing and treat us equal.

SSJVEGETA2007 7 February, 2013 @ 8:25 pm   33

Wow a free code for budget game I already about you just credit my account the value of the game that way it won’t be a complete waste

Hi Greg

First I would like to thank you for the update on the progress of Vita version of the game. I have a quick question for you, but unfortunately English is not my first language, so please bear with me, if I am not as eloquent as a native speaker would be.

I bought the disc-version of the PS3 game in a store, and I have used the “Disc Benefits”-feature to “link” my SEN account to my gamedisc to download the Vita version. Would I still need to play the game to be eligable for the free version of MotorStorm RC? (If the game was bought from the PlayStation Store you/SCEE would already have the needed information, so I would think the same would be the case, when I have used the “Disc Benefits”-feature)

You didn’t have to give a free game, but since you did you should have gave SCEA and SCEE the same game.

Now you’ve turned an apology into another insult for SCEE users.

Would have been better off giving nothing for either than giving SCEE the short end, again.

Well, better than nothing, but I don’t know anyone who doesn’t already have Motorstorm RC.

It’s a shame because Q Force is such an under-rated game as well. It’s not too deep, but a good mix of Tower Defence and platform action adventure.

K_for_Vendetta 7 February, 2013 @ 8:35 pm   37

why american market get a free copy of Deadlocked HD and europe motorstorm rc??

disappointed

SuperJag86 7 February, 2013 @ 9:12 pm   38

I’d rather we get the PSP Ratchet game instead, especially if we can’t get Deadlocked (which is obviously my preferred choice).

SuperJag86 7 February, 2013 @ 9:13 pm   39

BTW giving away Motorstorm RC to Vita owners seems redundant as most Vita owners would have bought it already!!
Please reconsider!

JadoreSox 7 February, 2013 @ 9:15 pm   40

So glad I didn’t get this.

liamlangan 7 February, 2013 @ 9:18 pm   41

To those of a who own Motorstorm RC and are sad about the delay, we also deserve compensation and giving us a voucher for a game we already is own is just simply not good enough, please SCEE, let us chose between Ratchet: Gladiator (deadlocked in the US) and Motorstorm RC so those of us who own both don’t end up feeling disappointed

Nice of you to finally acknowledge it won’t be making the January release window, being how we are already a week into Feb. The vague Spring window doesn’t give me any confidence you guys have any confidence in this game either. Between this news and the 2 month wait for Sly4 it’s a disappointing week for the many R&C and Sly fans in EU.

I can’t even bring myself to really care about the Motorstorm/Deadlocked situation, discrepancies between US and EU happen so often. Besides, I’ve had Motorstorm so long and have other stuff to play ahead of an HD remake. All this goodwill gesture seems to have done is cause more angst for users already disgruntled about the disparities between regions.

supersonicx4 7 February, 2013 @ 9:33 pm   43

WE DONT WANT MOTOSTORM WE WANT RATCHET & CLANCK DEADLOCKED!!!

Bth_Portugal 7 February, 2013 @ 9:37 pm   44

So let me get this straight … If I’m waiting for a Sonic game (example) I will receive a Call of Duty game for apology of the delay of the Sonic game … GENIUS!!! Why the hell don’t I live in America, I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE GLADIATOR HD but nooooooooo, We have to stay with a Motorstorm game! That doesn’t make ANY SENSE!!!! When I opened the Psblog (US) and I was reading about the free Deadlock game, I went all crazy and happy!!! Then I thought, “Let me see if in Europe we have the same”, I opened the post in the European blog, I started reading and then I saw something … “Where’s Gladiator?” … Instead I saw “Motorstorm RC” … Yeah … Great move Sony!

im happy that you/sony gives an update – communication is key!
and i will take a great vitaport over a crappy one any day. take your time (not to long eh?), make it great. sad to se the difference between us and eu games. but heck, you dident even need to give a free game..

dident we already get a free dlc, because of this problem?

aww come on why do we not get ratchet gladiator for free :( please reconsider

I deleted the game from my hard drive when I completed it. Will I have to download it again and play it once more in order to receive Motorstorm RC?

james_c1549 7 February, 2013 @ 10:29 pm   48

Motorstorm RC is in the vita sale for £2.15 and R+C gladiator will be what a £9.99-£12.99 game, seems a bit unfair to offer the us a more expensive game and a game that everyone probably has already, atleast make it a choice between games that haven’t been/not on sale of the same price as gladiator would be, if this is the way people will be treated in eu in future i think i’ll go buy the stuff on the us store with a made us account.

I’m little sad that I’ve got to wait longer but as along as I get what I paid for I’ll be happy, but the problem with motorstorm RC, is just a joke out of the all the great games on vita and PS3 why that one, ok maybe EU get R&C gladiator later than US, but why not give Jak and Daxter 1 for free or the PSP game Size Matters or early access to the SLY 4 demo. Anything but MS:RC as I’ve tried the demo and hated it.

Chaosprower 7 February, 2013 @ 11:02 pm   50

Motorstorm RC should be the complete edition at least, because otherwise it would feel like an advertisement for the DLC.

I think there would be less rage in the comments if there was just an apology, rather than giving completely different compensation to each territory. I didn’t buy the PS3 version, but I understand why everyone is complaining about this.

TheGrimOfDeath 7 February, 2013 @ 11:10 pm   51

Hey I would like to ask a question.

When is the Sly Cooper Thieves In Time Demo coming to the PS3 and Vita?

Dark_Overlord 7 February, 2013 @ 11:11 pm   52

This has got to be a joke, so whilst the US get Deadlocked we get Motorstorm RC?! Who decided on this crap? Once again treating the EU worse than everywhere else. I was intending to buy Deadlocked, but after this stunt you can stick it, either treat all your customers the same or GTFO >:(

anunnakid 7 February, 2013 @ 11:40 pm   53

I just fell in love with this game. Never played a r&c game before but damn!!!
Its amazing!!!! thank u thank u thank u!
I bought it for the vita version and I must say that many of the comments are not justified at all.
It not Sonys fault that the game is delayed. Thank them instead of saying bs online.
I dont care about the free game, just finish the port asap.
Thats all.

Thank you for finally giving us some proper information, although it could have come a bit earlier… And I do appreciate the free game as a gesture. Thanks!

Yes this annoys me to. Gladiator would have been nice to have for free. Instead I get a racing game I will never play.

Secondly will be get any bonus for waiting on Sly Cooper game?

The US got the sly demo early because they had to wait for the Ratchet collection. Will be get something for our wait?

almighty-slayer 8 February, 2013 @ 12:28 am   56

It’s not really the fact that it’s Motorstorm that annoys me. Motorstorm is a great game.

But Motorstorm has been out for a year and is currently in the sale and incredibly cheap. Europe gets a game worth ~£2.40. US gets a game which will no doubt be the US equivalent of £7.99 – £9.99 at release. In what world is that fair as an “apology”?

But it makes no difference because we’ll be completely ignored anyway

What is this? Why do we get MotorStorm RC and the US gets Ratchet: Deadlocked HD? Normal SCEE behaviour at work once again.

Hi-Q47-NL 8 February, 2013 @ 12:54 am   58

Thanks, but no thanks. I see no need to play this week.

dirtyCAT79 8 February, 2013 @ 1:43 am   59

Well i’m glad there has finally been an announcement… but MOTORSTORM. Are you serious?

Anyone who got a day one vita will already have this game since it was one of the BEST launch games.
How come we get a far inferior compensation offer than the US? Its unacceptable and an insult to people who buy stuff early (such as the vita AND Q-force) to support you guys.

All you are doing is teaching people like us to NOT buy stuff on day one. How do you think that will help your visibly slipping sales projections next fiscal year?

Seriously. Someone at SONY EU needs to pull their finger out of their arse and take a real look about why you are losing customers and sales.

SwingerE11 8 February, 2013 @ 3:15 am   60

I don’t want no crappy game. Give us something better, please.
N I don’t think I’ll buy another game from Sony, because of this

UK_Cloud_Strife 8 February, 2013 @ 3:41 am   61

I bought q-force day one because of the cross play feature and i dont mind the game being delayed, but this motorstorm buisness is ridiculous.

Seriously… why can’t we just get Gladiator HD as our american friends ?

What seems most logical to offer to a R&C fan, between Gladiator HD and Motorstorm RC ? SCEE answers : Motorstorm RC. Genius.

there are some of us that might not have motorstorm rc like me so i say thank you for the free game, spring is march-may time so you might not have to wait long for q-force, , this news shojld have come out three days before janurany ended, not begining of feb

Dark_Al_97 8 February, 2013 @ 7:34 am   64

Thanks for the update! I was really nervous last days because of the lack of news on the Vita version of QForce. And I’m also grateful for Motorstorm RC. Most of Vita owners already have it, though. Me too. And US players get Gladiator HD… Still, Motorstorm RC is better than nothing, I guess.
PS: QForce is awesome. I don’t know why it’s average score is almost 60 =/

NightRanma 8 February, 2013 @ 9:24 am   65

Once again, PSN Europe showing that they have no freaking idea of what people want.

America gets Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked for free. We get a horrible racing game that SHOULD have been free from the moment it was released, like it was in America. Way to go, guys. Even with all the bs I’ve seen from you, I’m shaking my head at this decision..

Huono_peleis 8 February, 2013 @ 9:33 am   66

How much is Motorstorm RC? 2 euros? It’s been on sale several times and probably is a title that just about every Vita owner already have. And US gets Ratchet Gladiator, a brand new title worth 15 dollars.

I thought the idea of crossbuy/cross-save was that you can play the same title with PS3 and Vita at the same time not months later. Why was PS3 version even released if Vita version wasn’t even near finished?

Sony is is trying real hard to kill Vita and is succeeding.

GeWitZelluf 8 February, 2013 @ 9:44 am   67

I don’t understand why everybody is complaining!? Sony is the first developer / publisher that i know of, who gives an excuse and compansation for the delay of a game.

I don’t see rockstar give us a free game for the delay of 6 months for GTA V…..

Phantom_Blaze 8 February, 2013 @ 9:51 am   68

So what are we supposed to do if we already bought Motorstorm RC on launch day?

Please answer.

MordecaiHunter 8 February, 2013 @ 10:25 am   69

USA Get Deadlock And They Even Get Replies Back – EU Get Shafted On Again Both Ways,

I’m happy about the delay. The game appeared to be of poor quality so hopefully the delay is greatly improving the gameplay and this will be a top Vita title upon its eventual release. Thanks Sony for not just putting the same experience out once you had seen the low review scores and numerous problems with the titles.

This is now, happily, back on my watch list and will likely purchase if the reviews report issues have been tackled when this comes out.

Motorstorm RC is a very fun game, I don’t know what you guys are complaining about.

I’ve never seen compensation offered for a delayed game before and if the delay improves the game you should all be happy. The people who post on this blog need to exercise brains before spouting rubbish.

Huono_peleis 8 February, 2013 @ 10:42 am   72

“I’m happy about the delay. The game appeared to be of poor quality so hopefully the delay is greatly improving the gameplay”

They are not improving the gameplay. They are simply struggling to get the job done. It’s the same thing again: when you hand out a grade A IP to a grade Z studio, you get grade Z effort. Just like what happened to C.O.D and Resistance vita versions.

Phantom_Blaze 8 February, 2013 @ 10:44 am   73

Arcos2011, on the box it states that the Vita version is included.

That in it self is false advertisement and they know it, which is why there is compensation.

And most people are complaining that they have already bought the game and therefore they do not need Motorstorm RC. And if they aren’t, they are complaining that we got a £2 game which is free in the US, while the US got Ratchet and Clank Deadlocked, which is much better and actually on topic.

So how about you exercise your brain before spouting rubbish.

I appreciate that you’re trying hard to make us happy, but I don’t see any reason for me to run out and buy the PS3 version in Europe. Please explain to us why the US gets the R&C Deadlocked HD on a no time limit, when we get a game which a lot of us have already been given free and frankly don’t care about.

I’d really appreciate a reply.

Cheers

P.S. There are plenty of Crash and Spyro games on the PS Classic store, you could have offered us one of those :D

I was so excited to read about the Deadlocked HD bonus. However this was replaced by crushing disappointment when I realized that yet again, Europe/Australia was getting an inferior alternative. Please admit your mistake and change it to Deadlocked HD ASAP!!! Currently one unhappy customer!!!

Fail after fail. It started with unfulfiled promises about simultaneous worldwide PS3 release, then ApocalyPS3, after that – undeletable annoing Singstar icon, then you come with new terrible PSN store a now this! When it will end?

I appreciate that you’re trying to make us happy, but I don’t see any reason for me to buy the PS3 version in Europe. I see that your trying to satisfy the core fan base of Ratchet & Clank but with moves like this, how do you expected the fan base to react?

You give as a reward for the patience of the EU fan base a racing game with a complete different theme of the actual game they are waiting. I can’t see the reason behind that move.

The MotorStorm: RC is at a very attractive price of €2.99/£2.39 right now as part of PS Vita sales. Whoever wants to play the game, if there is any right now, can buy it at the best price he can find it.

So the real question whoever came up with that decision of giving the MotorStorm: RC did really give it a though? From a marketing view this decision is based on nothing.
I don’t think any fan of Ratchet & Clank will really care from that promotion.

SCEE is not paying their employees very well. The post is copy – paste from the US blog from Greg Phillips (Producer, SCEA).

Sniper_at_w0rk 8 February, 2013 @ 12:26 pm   78

Omg, can you guys please stop complaining?
Be happy that they give something for free.

This is ridiculous, because scee couldn’t of picked a more popular, value for money game that has been out for as long as the vita itself, majority of vita owners that follow this blog undoubtedly owns this game, not to mention it’s in the vitas 1st birthday sale. Also, r&c fans generally like platforming titles, so a platforming title as compensation would be better suited than a racer… im probably reiterating a lot of comments, but its just hard to understand why scee is so reluctant to treat their consumers half as well as scea.

Dark_Overlord 8 February, 2013 @ 12:39 pm   80

To all the people saying were getting a free game and should stop complaining, its not the fact that were getting a game, is the discrepancies between what the EU and US get, why do the US always get a better offer?

I would rather they apologised for the delay and gave us nothing, that’s far fairer than giving the US a highly sought after title by R&C fans and give us in the EU a pile of crap that i’ll never play.

How PATHETIC – leaving aside all the valid comments above – not a SIGNLE reply as of yet! Typical! Hyding in the bushes as always …

Witcher70 8 February, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   82

Many of us including myself already have motorstorm rc, Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked HD, would have been a much more fitting apology, so sorry not interested !!!

LOL at some of the comments. People seriously need to get a grip.

End of the week being? Do you mean today or Sunday? As some people think Friday is the end, and others Sunday.

I’m glad I didn’t buy RC in the sale…I’m one of those who hasn’t got it. Hope they do honour this as don’t want to miss the sale and find out not gonna get it.

The reason why we probably haven’t got deadlock HD or gladator HD or whatever it is is probably it hasn’t been submitted to europe yet. It is just a thought

Way to save some money Sony:
Offer us a free download of a PS Vita launch title.
A game probably almost all PS Vita owners ALREADY bought.
Myself included.
So, what do I get?
I am now down 2 games because of this atrocious situation.

And what’s this I read about the US getting Deadlocked HD?
That seems fair.
As fair as being kicked and told that’s all we’re getting.

almighty-slayer 8 February, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   88

Told you we’d be ignored.

thebigman1106 8 February, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   89

Just terrible scee. Every one in the word needs to be treated the same, way no one….be it country, race or colour of your skin should be treated differently.

Seriously Motorstorm RC over Deadlock! that is poor effort

Lightning_Panter 8 February, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   91

Seriously? Motorstorm HD? What kind of joke is this?!
We get an old game (which I already got for free with my Vita) and US people get the ‘brand new’ Deadlocked game? What’s the freaking difference between Europe and the US? What did we ever do to you guys to get jacked of like this every single time you release a game?!
Plus, we payed more for Q-force than the US citizens for Full Frontal Assault, still they get a game which will probably cost 5 times Motorstorm RC.
Also, as other users already posted, we also get a final date while in the US this doesn’t even matter.

And I’m not even gonna start about the Sly 4 thing.
It’s a joke, Just hope you know that I’m not buying any other (new) games from you guys again.

jon_tranter 8 February, 2013 @ 7:21 pm   92

OK thanks for the update on q force :) and thanks for some compensation too

BUT SERIOUSLY

the USA get a ratchet deadlock HD and we get motorcross that was FREE on the PSN store in the UK when the ps vita was launched

in my point why are the EU getting a bloody racing game instead of ratchet deadlock HD like the USA

ITS COMPLETELY OFF SUBJECT

its better to keep the fans going with ratchet and clank game instead of motorcorss

you SERIOUSLY need to rethink this offer

Bth_Portugal 8 February, 2013 @ 7:21 pm   93

Just to think that Sony think that we would love the idea of having Motostorm … Are they stupid? Sony, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, most of the Psn users already have Motorstorm, so why not a brand new game, Gladiator/Deadlocked HD? You disappointed me sony … you really did … by the way, STOP IGNORING YOUR FANS!!!! WE (real Ratchet fans) ALL WANT DEADLOCKED, SO DON’T GIVE US A RACING GAME!!! (At least give us a Spyro (PS1/PS2) game, since it’s made by Insomniac Games)

This is total rubbish, I have motorstorm rc and want gladiator. This is just like when the Network got hacked and all the games on offer I already had, Sony UK need to get a clue.

Keitaro004 8 February, 2013 @ 8:17 pm   95

I would much rather like Ratchet Gladiator, I’ve never even considered trying Motorstorm RC, not even for free. It’s like 2$, while the new Ratchet game will problably be like 15$. We’re getting ripped off here. I would only accept this if you gave us the newest Sly game. That should make up for the delay and this horrible deal.

DAVEGADGETBOY 8 February, 2013 @ 9:04 pm   96

This is ridiculous to give R&C fans a lousy old racing game as a way of making it up to us whilst the us gets the new R&C deadlocked/gladiator HD as their free game. I for one am appalled by how badly scee treats their customers with all these bad deals.

Ace-Michie 9 February, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   97

I think its great that we are getting an update on the situation and an extra game, so thanks for that! However I think its unfair that North America get Deadlocked whereas we get Motorstorm. I have been a Ratchet @ Clank fan for years and have bought every game to date (deadlocked was one of my favourites) so you can probably see why I find this a bit annoying. If we all got Motorstorm then I would be a lot more undestanding about this, but to give NA deadlocked and Europe motorstorm is quite unfair, as at the end of the day we are all ratchet fans and one fanbase shouldn’t be valued higher than the other. Sony/Insomnica, please reconsider this choice for the sake of your loyal fans, we all want Deadlocked!!

supersmith2500 9 February, 2013 @ 3:35 pm   98

Not to worry, I also complained about this unfair business on their Facebook page.

supersmith2500 9 February, 2013 @ 3:50 pm   99

Almost 100 comments and still no replies? This is sad. SCEA or Greg Philips who wrote these blog entries actually managed to reply to their US users over on the NA blog and guess how replies we get? NOTHING AT ALL even in the store blog.

First no replies on the Store blog, Rayman Legends gets shafted until September because of going multiplat, then Crapcom region locked the MH3U servers and now SCEE offered us a free game that we already got. Boy things just can’t get worse can it? -__-

xarchersz 10 February, 2013 @ 1:41 pm   100

insominiac didnt make motorstorm rc. ive already got it on ps vita and ps3. offer us something better. Like tools of destruction or crack in time. even quest for booty. get ready for a huge rant on the forums. very disapointing

silmorat1 10 February, 2013 @ 2:01 pm   101

I was on the fence of buying this game, rather than clinching another quick sale I think I will give it a miss atm. If however ratchet deadlocked was offered my money would of been yours right now!

Bumblebee 10 February, 2013 @ 7:53 pm   102

While I appreciate the update, I’m still pretty hacked off that I bought a game primarily for the Vita version without being made aware there was any sort of delay.

Further hacked off that my “compensation” for waiting is a game I bought on the day it came out that is now only £2.15 on the store. Sure, it’s a good game, but any Vita owner worth their salt will already have it.

As a Ratchet & Clank fan I’ve have appreciated Ratchet: Gladiator HD far more than this. This is just another slap in the face to EU Vita owners.

It might sound ungrateful as a free game is good, but as I already own it, this “compensation” amounts to NOTHING.

Shame on you, SCEE, for dropping the ball AGAIN. Do you really expect PS4 to be a success when you have constantly failed to market the PS3 & Vita this gen; have consistently let down European customers with delays without explanation; and for most of the time it seemed that we were more of a nuisance than beloved customers?

I still love my PS3 and Vita but Sony need to totally overhaul the entire SCEE team for PS4 or it will fail badly.

I am completely disappointed! I bought the game at a shop to play with my daughter on PS3 and Vita simultaneously …
In exchange for the postponement you want to offer us a game that I already have and that everyone has?!?!
That’s not fair!

brianmini 11 February, 2013 @ 4:17 pm   104

I too foolishly bought the PS3 game before checking the obvious sticker on the PS3 case was actually accurate. When you see Cross buy sticker on the box you assume reasonably that the game is out. Then you find its not, check the blog and find that your getting a free game, which due to its price you’ve more than likely bought already. Genius Sony.

I hope the Vita cross buy sticker applicator has been suitably chastised for not checking the stickers they’d been given were actually relevant. ;)

daveblood 11 February, 2013 @ 4:25 pm   105

See i am not worried about the free game not my type of thing…i get why certain people are annoyed for the delay but for those of have bought the ps3 version cant see why they are angry and asking for something better for compensation.
Personally i am just gonna wait, nothing i can do about delay so why worry, I already own EVER ratchet and clank game there is on ps3/2 and PSP. If i could choose what i wanted as compensation i personally would want a new memory card but at the end of the day i am not demanding anything just gonna wait.
But seriously guys, just cos u demand something better, doesnt mean we are going to get it

WarWarWar23 11 February, 2013 @ 5:14 pm   106

They’re treating us European users like junk. Will definately cross the next PS if they keep screwing us at this pace. Motorstorm RC, seriously? This game is nowhere near as valuable as Gladiator HD, not to mention a lot of people (like me) bought it with Vita on launch day.

ruinereraser 11 February, 2013 @ 5:37 pm   107

Well, can someone from EU blog answer this simple question – why are we offered Motorstorm RC, while at the same time SCEA rolls out Ratched Deadlocked HD to their customers for free? Answer now, please.

liamlangan 11 February, 2013 @ 9:54 pm   108

After reading through some of people’s comments I also agree that those of us who own Motorstorm RC already aren’t getting compensated, please give it a choice between Motorstorm RC and Deadlocked HD

I am a little 50 / 50 on this one. I have not played the PS3 version & only bought for the Vita version as I don’t think it will be anywhere near as good as previous R&Cs. I have probably missed the compensation deadline & am not going to waste 40+ mins of game time downloading an update for a game I have no intention of playing on my PS3.

I am narked that I have been waiting since Xmas to fire this up on the Vita & it has still failed to materialise!! Don’t take too long to get the port out & all we be forgiven. However, any compensation you want to give would be gratefully recieved.

silmorat1 13 February, 2013 @ 10:39 pm   110

Didn’t the US get Motorstorm for free already, that’s why they had to give them another game!

TiagoUchiha 16 February, 2013 @ 11:05 pm   111

I missed the deadline, but I bought this game when it was released, do I still get Motorstorm, or am I just getting screwed and not receiving any compensation??

I have to agree with the vast majority here. I purchased Q Force specifically for the PS Vita version having received the Vita as a Christmas present. No mention on the box that this version was not yet available, however upon checking, the end of January’s did not seem too long to wait, however this additional wait is not acceptable and the products sold under false pretences. A racing game in compensation for the additional wait for a platform game is thoughtless and totally inappropriate. Wake up SCEE and listen to your detractors.