Posted 3:00pm

‘Heads-up’ PlayStation Store update 13th February 2013

BoxPromo_AliensColonialMarines_PVWIMG

Leading the way this week, Aliens: Colonial Marines brings suspense and adrenaline-filled action to your PlayStation 3. Team up with friends and take on the deadliest killers in the galaxy. Another glorious day in the corps! PS Plus members benefit from a 20% launch discount for two weeks.

Platinum Games’ awesome Anarchy Reigns is also available digitally this week. Arena combat featuring a colourful cast of characters and tons of games modes, including 16 player Battle Royale, tag battles, team death match, capture the flag and more. Platinum Games prove once again they know how to develop fun, crazy games.

Kat Emmett

The much-anticipated new characters for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale are out this week. Kat (Gravity Rush) and Emmet (Starhawk) enter the fray, with a new Heavenly Sword stage to battle on. Don’t forget, the new characters will be available for FREE for only TWO weeks, so grab them while you can.

PlayStation Network new content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus

Availability: Not available in Australia, New Zealand

When Vikings Attack: Special Edition
Price: £9.99/€12.99
PEGI: 12

PS Vita games

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
Price: £5.19/€6.49 (for PS3 version owners), £6.49/€7.99 (for non-PS3 version owners)
PEGI: 12

Winnie The Pooh: Quest For Honeypots
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 3

World Championship Poker
Price: £3.99/€4.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: Australia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Kuwait, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, UAE, UK

PSP

Availability: Not available in New Zealand

Guardians Of Middle-Earth

Prices: £1.59/€1.99

LittleBigPlanet

Prices: £2.39/€2.99
Availability: All

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Cross-Buy)

Rage

• Rage Sewers Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Anarchy Edition Bonus Pack (£1.59/€1.99)

Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar

Rock Band 3

Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rocksmith

• The Clash – London Calling
  • The Clash – Should I Stay Or Should I Go
  • The Clash – The Guns Of Brixton

Prices: £2.39/€2.99

Skyrim

• Dragonborn

Prices: £6.49/€7.99
Availability: Not available in Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Switzerland

Sleeping Dogs

• Sleeping Dogs Law Enforcer Pack

Prices: £1.19/€1.49
Availability: Not available in Germany

The Pinball Arcade

• Add-On Pack 7 Pro: Scared Stiff And Big Shot (£6.49/€7.99)
  • Pro Version Upgrade: Scared Stiff (£3.19/€3.99)

Availability: All

When Vikings Attack (Cross-Buy)

• Kuro The Cat Hat (£0.40/€0.49)
  • Toro The Cat Hat (£0.40/€0.49)
  • When Vikings Relax! Game Pack (£3.19/€3.99)

PS Vita DLC

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Cross-Buy)

• Heavenly Sword Level (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Gravity Rush’s Kat (Free for two weeks only)
  • Starhawk’S Emmett Graves (Free for two weeks only)

Availability: All

When Vikings Attack (Cross-Buy)

• Kuro The Cat Hat (£0.40/€0.49)
  • Toro The Cat Hat (£0.40/€0.49)
  • When Vikings Relax! Game Pack (£3.19/€3.99)

Offers

Knytt Underground (£6.49/€7.99)

Availability Update

Auditorium HD – Available to All

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

194 Comments 26 Author replies
Show oldest first
cheeky4life 13 February, 2013 @ 3:00 pm   1

Hi Jawad

Please answer

A few updates ago you mentioned to alexpsn that Crash Bash was still in Limbo,

Does this mean it’s a broken title i.e. never going to be released?

I ask as its been sooo long since this title has been requested(approx 3 years) and we have heard virtually nothing about whether its even in Q&A or how its doing. Could you please hint at least so we don’t have to get our hopes up about getting released. :(

I along with others really appreciate your hard work to try to get Crash Bash released and request you to hang in there and please keep trying.

Crash Bandicoot is the best thing that ever happened to the PS1 and sadly, he no longer exists as Activision has had the licence since 2008 and has done nothing with the franchise, so your our only hope.

Please get the last good crash bandicoot game on PSN.

Sumioni or Orgarythm for Scandinavian soon?

Jawad Ashraf 13 February, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

Since Auditorium has expanded its reach, these could follow but I can’t say for certain.

Hell-Raiser-85 13 February, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   3

Hi Jawad

Do you no if Ni No Kuni will be getting any DLC?

Jawad Ashraf 13 February, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

Not that I know of, one for namco bandai. Personally, I don’t think there’ll be much (if any) as the DLC Japan received is already part of the western release.

Chocobo115 13 February, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   4

Are there any jRPG classics on the horizon from either PS1 or PS2?

Hi Jawad.

Can you tell me why ‘The 3rd Birthday’ for PSP price has increasd from £8 to £16 sometime in the last few weeks?

I was eyeing it at £8 for a while, finally got some PSN credit and the price was £16. The game was not listed in any sale as far as I could see, was £8 for a long while.

I will not be paying £16 for it.

BlasterGeo 13 February, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   6

Hi!
I have some questions :D
When is the new Yu-Gi-Oh 5D’s Decade duels Plus Game going to get released here?
And when are we getting Persona 4 Arena?

Hi Jawad,

Thank you for the update (just thought you’d like some appreciation) :D

Skyrim DLC for £6.49 there is a God and he loves RPGs!

SzczurekPB 13 February, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   9

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
Availability: Not available in Poland

What? Why?

Counter Strike GO?

Sony’s European arm said on August 22: “We hope to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, and will let you know if the situation changes.”

Then how’s it going?

Chrome-Hazard 13 February, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   11

Growlanser and Gungnir! Finally! =D

Mon-Da-Hoops 13 February, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   12

Hi Jawad,

Any progress on poking Activision with a pointy stick about the price difference between all other platforms and the UK Psn for the Black Ops 2 season pass?

Also “Medal of Honor European Assault £11.99″ lawl

Remove SingStar from the XMB!

bandibean 13 February, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   14

i was wondering about medievil 2 i loved that game it my favorite is there any chance of getting it on the playstation network

E_Darkness 13 February, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   15

Where’s Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus on PSN? Everyone else pretty much has it except EU PSN. XBLA, NA and JP PSN all have it. So what’s the hold up for us?

supersmith2500 13 February, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   16

Hmm, more Disney shovelware for PS2 classics? PS2 Classics needs more real classics badly. No offence. Any chance you can try and get some 1st-party titles for PS2 Classics like WipEout Fusion, The Getaway, Primal, and other great gems while you can? Only one I only 1st-party game I can think of atm is Twisted Metal and that’s it.

You know, there is lots of great games for PS2 out there and kids/shovelware games all we get atm? Have to admit, Rockstar did a good job releasing their titles so why can’t SCEE? Typical.

AlexPSN89 13 February, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   17

@ Jawad:

Hi there, Jay! How ya doin’, mate? I posted a non-PSOne-Classics-related question last week, but you weren’t around to answer. No problem – I’m back here, ready to make sure I get to annoy you. :-P

Thing is, I purchased Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection two weeks ago, and I don’t mind the fact it’s not in my language – as I understand English, and it’s a great title anyway – but I’m a little bit mad as I thought this game came with a DLC costume for Cecil in Dissidia 012. Can I at least purchase it, somehow? Considering the code that came with the retail version can only be redeemed via PSN anyway…

Thanks in advance.

Hi there! Any idea when the Star Wars tables for Zen Pinball 2 will be released?

SMOKIN_WEED_1986 13 February, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   19

OK, so here it is, the big question, how long are you going to keep us hanging? i need Dragonborn iv been awake for hmmm lets say 15 hours now. Oh also are their any plans to give us back the old ps store as the new version is sooo bad and the search function really grates my cheese.

Hi Jawad, i want to report another problem with DLC.

It seems that all the downloadable content for “Ridge Racer 7″, has disappeared from all searches in the store.

Please contact the technical staff or something.

I’ll be picking up that sweet Kat and Emmett(spelt correctly) DLC for All Stars, not really sure about the Fearless stage as there’s only really one trophy for it.

spikewestphal 13 February, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   22

Any updates to when dino crisis 1 and 2 comes out on the psn store

I’d like to know why Rocketbirds are unavaible in Poland?? :o
Is it gonna change? Will you update the Polish Store in another day or something?
I hope we will get Rocketbirds on Vita in near future?

Last weeks blog said there was some free purfits for Fist of the north star 2 but I couldn’t find them, Did I misread that?

Silent_Gig 13 February, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   25

No yugioh 5D?

SMOKIN_WEED_1986 13 February, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   26

PS: I agree with guy or girl @ 13. remove singstar from xmb.

For something titled World Championship Poker the game sure has a lot of countries, where it’s not available.

Hi Jawad,

Neill McPhillips said there would be a demo of When Vikings Attack in his blog post on monday. It’s not yet in the Store, will it be coming today or later?

Neil McPhillips 14 February, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

Hey,

The trial is there, it’s just not been made easy to find!

Sorry about that. You can find it here:
    PSN Store> Games> Latest> PS3 Demos> When Viking Attack Trial and Unlock.

AlexPSN89 13 February, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   29

@ cheeky4life:

There’s still the demo hidden in Spyro 3: Year Of The Dragon. And yes, the downloadable version includes it. Just hold L1 + R2 and press Square while you’re at the title screen, and you get a demo with Polar Panic, Pogo Painter and Pogo-a-gogo.

Bacon_Crispies 13 February, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   30

When is the Unfinished Swan demo coming back? It was on the store a few weeks ago but it’s disappeared.

Witcher70 13 February, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   31

Very nice update this week Jawad, was hoping for more familiers DLC for Ni No Kuni, but never mind……any more details on the big Feb 20th announcement????

Waited to long for skyrim dlc,not buying it

Falcon1991 13 February, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   33

There’s also minion/minion packs for PSABR.

BTW is the Naruto Storm 3 demo coming next week? Namco Bandai said.

hey jawad hope your well.

any news on wrestlefest? i know thq going to the wall will not have helped but i assume the title was primed and ready to go, so will we still see it?

AsmodeanBT 13 February, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   35

Dear god the store is awful. Who the hell designed this crap and actually thought it was an improvement? Probably the same half-wits that felt we would all want that SingStar malware.

I used to just casually browse the old store from time to time, but this new store is so slow and clunky and poorly designed that I unless I know exactly what I want and where it is I don’t bother visiting it.

When Vikings Attack: Special Edition ( them atack mi wallet )

= free when i buy then dowload in once whith out need to confirm to buy .

then i see u take mony , then i fone helpdesk ( them need proof ).
i am loyal consummer ( not bigest but also not lowest )
708 dowloads never needed refund on eniting ( even if somtimes i say bof . i beter dit not buy some disepointed game ore dlc , but i always keep )!
nowh them ask if i can prove whath i am saying = never never never enimore = no words howh u are treating gamers like me .

ms got mi ful atention nowh .

Hexahedronaut 13 February, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   37

hey Jawad whats happening with playstation access has it been cancelled?

But I will download Winnie the Pooh game,I’m joking of cause

Avengerrr 13 February, 2013 @ 3:22 pm   39

@Jawad

Important: The 3rd Birthday has always been £7.99 since near the Vita’s release, I know I have kept my eye on it and I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I have the receipt to prove it is £7.99 so I suggest the sleepy and possibly negligent store team be contacted as any unofficial price rise is unwarranted.

Jawad Ashraf 13 February, 2013 @ 3:53 pm

A price can and will change, that’s fairly normal.

As I said though, from what I can see internally the price has been £15.99 since last July.

Phantom_Blaze 13 February, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   41

Any chance you can get Gran Turismo PSP on sale?
I have the UMD and want to play it on Vita so around £2 would be good.

Also, any news on Assassin’s Creed 3 avatars?

EternalChaos72 13 February, 2013 @ 3:25 pm   42

jawad any good avatars next week? capcom wise?

THE_LEGEND_JAY 13 February, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   43

Love the update.
Jawad, any information on when the update goes live in Ireland? I’m guessing its the same as the UK.

Jawad Ashraf 13 February, 2013 @ 3:54 pm

You should be seeing updates now. Depending on where you are it may show a little bit later.

HiddenAway 13 February, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   44

Hi Jawad

As Gungnir and Growlanser have finally reached us via PSN, could you possibly ask about whether Atlus can get Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare released on PSN as well?

Also, are there any updates on DJ Max Technika Tune being made available in Europe?

Thanks in advance. I had sort of given up hope of Gungnir and Growlanser being made available here so to see them on the store this morning was a surprise.

Oh, and is Stacking on sale at the moment or is the price shown on the web store the final price?

KING_BOEG 13 February, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   45

is the update actually live right now, because i just checked the store and was unable to find dragonborn even when searching for it.

Chrome-Hazard 13 February, 2013 @ 3:29 pm   46

What? Several of these items were listed for free, so I downloaded them. There was no checkout, they just downloaded, I figured they were just free. But I check transaction history and my card has been charged for them!!! What in the flying (CENSORED) Sony?! Items are Kuro Cat Hat, Toro Cat Hat, When Vikings Relax Game Pack, When Vikings Attack Special Edition and Scared Stiff Pro Table Pack with Big Shot. That’s like £20 that’s been taken from my account WITHOUT my consent. As I said, there was NO checkout. They just downloaded like any other freebie. Isn’t that stealing?

Unicronic 13 February, 2013 @ 3:29 pm   47

May I ask why the featured game this week, ACM, is one that is getting exceptionally low scores across the board?

Store update still isn’t live here in the UK, when will it be up?

LOL, IGN gave Aliens a 4.5, people waited 5 years for it and all i have heard is bad LOL. I haven’t played Aliens myself so i can’t really say much but with a game that has been in development for 5 years you would expect reviews to be some what decent.

Also can we please get some decent PS2 Classics, i’m a huge shmup fan and would love to see Gradius V, R-Type: Final & Contra: Shattered Soldier get added. Neo Contra was added very early which made me heaps happy but the other 3 i have mentioned are among some of the best shmups i’ve ever played and i so can’t wait for the day they get added to the PS2 Classics.

RonnieJamesDio21 13 February, 2013 @ 3:34 pm   50

ANSWER PLEASE

Where is the song “Glory of Love”, scheduled to be released together with the other 4 songs for Rock Band 3 today??

Load all