Posted 13 February

New PlayStation Store sale starts today

PlayStation Store Sale

Hi everyone. I’m very happy to announce that some of our publisher friends are feeling in the giving mood and want to share great savings on some top-tier titles, including Darksiders 2 (a whopping 75% off), Batman: Arkham City and the truly epic Dishonored!

These savings will take effect when the Store is updated on Wednesday 13th February. Some of these titles are permanent price drops, while some will finish on 27th February, so make sure you grab those while you can!

Batman: Arkham Asylum (ends 27/02/13)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95; now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45
Additional 10% Discount for Plus Subscribers

Batman: Arkham City (ends 27/02/13)
Was €29.99/£19.99/AU$39.95; now €11.99/£9.69/AU$17.95
Additional 10% Discount for Plus Subscribers

Darksiders (permanent drop)
Was €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95; now €3.99/£3.19/AU$5.85

Darksiders 2 (permanent drop)
Was €39.99/£29.99/AU$49.95; now €9.99/£9.99/AU$14.95

de Blob 2 (permanent drop)
Was €24.99/£19.99/AU$36.95; now €6.19/£4.99/AU$9.15
Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar

Dishonored (ends 27/02/13)
Was €59.99/£49.99/AU$89.95; now €23.99/£19.69/AU$38.45
Not available in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Ukraine
Additional 10% Discount for Plus Subscribers

Red Faction (permanent drop)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.5; now €2.49/£1.99/AU$3.65

Red Faction Armageddon (permanent drop)
Was €24.99/£19.99/AU$29.95; now €6.19/£4.99/AU$9.15
Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine

Red Faction: Guerrilla (permanent drop)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35
Not available in Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, Qatar, Russia, Ukraine

The Sly Trilogy (ends 27/02/13)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95; now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.95
Additional 10% Discount for Plus Subscribers

Twisted Metal (ends 27/02/13)
Was €29.99/£23.99/AU$43.95; now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95
Additional 10% Discount for Plus Subscribers

Watchmen: The End Is Nigh (ends 27/02/13)
Was €16.99/£12.99/AU$24.95; now €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.75
Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Additional 10% Discount for Plus Subscribers

Stuntman Ignition (permanent drop)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €2.49/£1.99/AU$3.65

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

176 Comments 22 Author replies
Show oldest first

Great price for the Sly Trilogy! Surely must be worth a shot for that!

PARAN0ID_PANDA3 13 February, 2013 @ 11:10 am   2

needed to get darksiders 2 and now i can :D

blade1003605 13 February, 2013 @ 11:10 am   3

Wow! 10 euros for Darsiders 2! I’ll take it.

Damn, Dishonored and Darksiders II are really something…

Nightmare966 13 February, 2013 @ 11:11 am   5

Darksiders and Darksiders II for less than 15€ together!?

And Arkham Asylum for 9.99€?

What… what’s going on here, this is truly madness!

I might get a 20€ card and get both things. I mean, seriously.

Please put Journey on sale soon!!!

Also that is a great sale, especially on Darksiders.

luckysalt81 13 February, 2013 @ 11:14 am   7

WOW those are some great savings and most are permanent, shame I bought Asylum only last week at £10, but it was GOTY so thats ok.

Sly trilogy is tempting at just over £7

Carnivius_Prime 13 February, 2013 @ 11:15 am   8

May get Darksiders 2 but I found the first game so lacking and disappointing I’m unsure.

I enjoyed those watchmen games when they came out a few years ago (especially in 2 player, closest thing the PS3 has to The Warriors) but they’ve always been overpriced and at their age they should be permanenly way below even that half price deal.

Sly Trilogy is great but I got that last year. Which reminds me I still haven’t played Sly 3 yet. Stuck on one darn fiddly mission on Sly 2 I just cannot seem to do…

“R.I.P thq”. that’s all i can say about this topic.

gollumclay 13 February, 2013 @ 11:15 am   10

Gonna get Darksiders and the Sly trilogy. Cheers Sony, great sale!

Never played Darksiders… But for Fans of those Games these are great deals. Nothing for me Sadly in this List so I hope some new stuff is coming to the Store later today. Will wait for the “Heads Up” Post :)

Catkiller1 13 February, 2013 @ 11:17 am   12

Sly Trilogy, Darksiders 2 & De Blob 2 for me! :)

Excellent!

Darksiders 2 states 183MB within the stores website….surely that size is wrong????

Why..? I just thought I would not buy anything for a while, but I think I have to get Darksiders II and Dishonored now. Nice update.

NightRanma 13 February, 2013 @ 11:18 am   14

I’ll be picking up at least Darksiders 2 (maybe 1 as well if the story in 2 makes no sense) and Sly.

Nightmare966 13 February, 2013 @ 11:18 am   15

@Catkiller1: Darksiders II I believe is among 7-8 GB. I’d have to check the Store itself for me to remember.

Hi chris Howhe , i have some questions
1= on psn we have 4 x black ops2 game ( 3 x rong language stil not fixt from past week )

2= i own vita , but on vita store i not have ragnorack demo ( also not fixt from past week )

u team gone fix 2 problems of past week ?

3 = sony need more sales al jear tru .

4= i hope to see soon today update skyrim dlc

Materia_Storm 13 February, 2013 @ 11:20 am   17

really good prices, darksiders 2 is a steal at that price.
its a shame that the same thing cannot be said of the dlc,
any chance of price drop on darksiders 2 dlc?

oh and the Demon Lord Belial DLC for Darksiders 2 is missing from the store.

wackojackosnose 13 February, 2013 @ 11:21 am   18

Can we / I have Hard Corps on sale please?

Thanks.

Chocobo115 13 February, 2013 @ 11:21 am   19

Wasn’t really what i was hoping for (Okami HD & Steet Fighter X Tekken characters 50%+ discount)
But I’ll just have to wait for the next sale and keep hoping :/

chrisboers 13 February, 2013 @ 11:24 am   20

Now, THAT’s a sale. Darksiders II and Sly trilogy are very tempting, despite my already huge backlog…

Some excellent prices there! Keep the sales/price drops coming, guys.

the1free_man 13 February, 2013 @ 11:25 am   22

I hate to use a cliche meme, but with a sale like this, I just have to.
Shut up and take my money!!! Just take it. All of it.

Oh and I will second that request for Okami HD sale.

Arkham City and Arkham Asylum DLC sale would be very welcome, especially as we got City on PS Plus the other month.

Nice surprise sale, though. Good work.

pinkplaybunny 13 February, 2013 @ 11:25 am   24

Good price for Darksiders, I have the second one free from plus so now I can play the first one at a great price first!

Loving sleeping dogs so far btw.!

These sales look good until you realise that PS4 has no backwards-compatability.

Fantastic sale. Darksiders 2, and Guerrilla for me. Any chance of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier getting a drop in price?

R_a_z_i_e_l 13 February, 2013 @ 11:32 am   27

Going to sound Greedy but no Ps Vita Sale too ? And Yes I know we are currently having a Ps Vita One Year Sale but That was supposed to come out last year and now PS3 games are getting discounts again. Not saying there SHOULD be Vita games but please consider more Sales for the Ps Vita in the future.

eoghaner_2k10 13 February, 2013 @ 11:33 am   28

@15 I accidentally clicked on the abuse button as I have the iPad, sorry if this causes inconvenience.

chrisboers 13 February, 2013 @ 11:33 am   29

@pinkplaybunny: I think you’ll find you got the FIRST one for free on PS Plus. But indeed: no excuse not to get part two now :-)

Good stuff.I know it’s been a rough ride regarding digital pricing on the store,especially for new content.Bur I guess as the content matures we’ll see a lots of good deals as the service moves on.

However,until I know how future hardware handles my current digital content,I can’t commit to full digital.And I’d also question if I would commit to it on future hardware if it did’t carry over.

Chris,it’s probably late in the PS3 life for this to be added.With auto uploads,could it ever be set to upload all saves and not just what I play.Even if it’s a one off system that I have to set up every time I require a full sync.

ouch, dat THQ sale

Yet not any PSVita deals.

The deals of last week for PSVita ARE PATHETIC

Since SCEA/USA announced the great Xmas sales overthere for PSVita with LittleBigPlanet Vita for around 18 bucks for PS+ members, and they had more, what did SCEE do? Wrap up games that were free for PS+ before or soon (like Luminus) other games that had comparable discounts already and threw it a FULL TWO MONTHS after they said there was a PSVita deal upcoming out there last week.

Pathetic. I see how it is. The PS3 sold about 75 mln units. The PSVita just sold over 4 mln. Not enough customers to do all that effort for eh?

Well let me tell you a little secret: you need to pull all the plugs to make people buy that PSVita and even more important: HAVE THE CURRENT PSVITA OWNERS BE AMBASSADORS/FANS TO SELL YOUR SYSTEM TO THEIR FRIENDS.

SCEE isn’t doing a good job achieving that.

Hi Chris, this is a really good sale, getting a quality game for the price of a beer or two can’t be bad. Personally I’d recommend Batman, Darksiders and the Sly Trilogy. Never played Stuntman but very tempted at £1.99 to give it a go. One question, a lot of these games were published by the bankrupt THQ so who now gets the money for these items? For example, Crytek have employed alot of the Vigil staff but who now owns the Darksiders license?

Chris Howe 13 February, 2013 @ 12:03 pm

to the best of my knowledge the Darksiders license has not been picked up by anyone yet, I’m very confident it will though in the near future

gentlemanjim 13 February, 2013 @ 11:42 am   34

thats a really good sale

“Posted on 13 February, 2013 at 11:32 am by R_a_z_i_e_l
Going to sound Greedy but no Ps Vita Sale too ? And Yes I know we are currently having a Ps Vita One Year Sale but That was supposed to come out last year and now PS3 games are getting discounts again. Not saying there SHOULD be Vita games but please consider more Sales for the Ps Vita in the future”

Oh, there SHOULD be more PSVita deals. The PS3 gets them constantly, it is dumb, stupid, lackluster, Sony doesn’t seem to care. Man if a new console would just sell around 4 to 5 mln units in a year time and the direct competition aka 3DS from Nintendo is on about 30 mln units in less than 2 years time, I’d go out full force to make sure I’d make that PSVita as attractive as possible with lots of deals. But no, Sony thinks they should hide it away and focus only on the success story PS3.

This is making me, as a launch PSVita owner and owning two PS3′s and two PSP’s slim&fat pretty mad about how Sony puts more effort in one platform than the other.

Wow, fantastic sale!

I am hoping you have a ‘remote play’ sale soon where some of the content that works with Vita Remote Play will be reduced – I’d love to try the feature out but do not want to pay full price to test as if it doesn’t work well I will feel ripped off. Hopefully you will do a 75% off deal on a remote play title like Tokyo Jungle or even some of the older titles. Any would be fine and much appreciated.

Keep up the good work Sony – looking forward to more Vita announcements in the coming week. Superfrog is a day one buy for me.

0.O
so old dlc from rage ( sewer mision – anarchy edition pack )= in section new this week= lol
1st mistake of the new week .

Fantastic sale&price drop !!!

Hey Chris:

Is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance getting digital release on psn as day 1 title next week ?

Thanks

Chris Howe 13 February, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

We do not have any information about a digital release date for this yet I am afraid

when will the prices update? The games are appearing under the deals section of the store, but they’re not selling at the prices shown above.

Carnivius_Prime 13 February, 2013 @ 11:47 am   40

New content is on the store already, surprisingly. The Sale games are in a category but not yet price reduced. Slim pickings for new content this week it seems. Am still waiting for Guilty Gear (and as of last week Sly 4)

also very tanks when vikings attack special edition

free game = 2 mistake

Might pick up Darksiders for the platinum, likewise with the Sly Trilogy.

Any that’s up for some co-op in Dead Space 3 or Borderlands 2 add me! :)
PSN: iOnlySam

The current PSVita sale is good but not great – games I have are priced great and ones I want are still slightly too high – make PS+ discount 20% on all of them and I will buy several. I’m not complaining though as it’s a good sale, especially if you don’t own as many games as I do!

Chris Howe 13 February, 2013 @ 11:58 am

Nemeth050506 13 February, 2013 @ 11:56 am   44

@monoliet
What is wrong with you? Why are complaining about some extra versions of Black Ops? If you dont want them just dont buy them. Or maybe you’re a racist?

@Chris Howe
Hey, some of this Discounts are pretty good. But, I’m insecure about Darksiders 2. Will we probably get this game for free as PS+ in the next month?

chrisboers 13 February, 2013 @ 11:56 am   45

@CreditDue: Try adding them to your cart, the prices are already active, even though not listed on the game page.

FallingStickman 13 February, 2013 @ 11:57 am   46

Getting Darksiders 2. Too bad Dishonored isn’t available in Poland? Do you happen to know the reason, Fred?

Chris Howe 13 February, 2013 @ 11:59 am

We are currently looking into why it is not available in all the regions stated above with the publisher and we will update you when we have some information

kasasensei 13 February, 2013 @ 12:00 pm   47

Speaking about offers, Can You tell me, Mr.Howe, why the PSn CODE Sony gave with “facebook program” is not valid anymore?

Redemption expiry date is 31/12/2013 and I didn’t use mine. That’s false advertising.

“Posted on 13 February, 2013 at 11:52 am by aros2011

Posted on 13 February, 2013 at 11:58 am by Chris Howe
We always try to secure as big a Plus discount as possible but it comes down to what we can agree with the publisher at the end of the day”

So eh… Why was SCEA able to get a deal with the publisher for LittleBigPlanet Vita for Xmas last year at a nice 18 USD for PS+ users and SCEE can’t get that done? An in house 1st party studio SCEE should be able to pull the same nice deal as SCEA did.

Splutterbug 13 February, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   49

Amazing!!! Now that is finally some sensible digital pricing Darksiders 2 for me

very nice price drops will pick up Red faction Guerilla and Armageddon. Thanks Chris

Load all