Posted 2:00pm

PlayStation Meeting 2013 livestream

So, PlayStation Meeting 2013 is finally upon us. The show gets underway tonight from 11.00pm GMT/12.00am CET/10.00am Sydney (21st Feb) and you can watch it live right here from this very Blog post.

Alternatively, the stream will also be available from playstation.com, Facebook and PlayStation Home.

Please follow along here and share your thoughts in the comments below. Keep an eye on the @PlayStationEU Twitter feed too, as I’ll be live-Tweeting direct from the venue in New York City – join the conversation using #playstation2013. And then come back to the Blog after the show’s conclusion for a full wrap-up of all the announcements.

Please enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

207 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hi Fred, will it be also accessible from the Vita? Looking forward for tonight!

I’m working late at work and unfortunately won’t be home until 1am. Will there be a catch-up stream to watch? So excited!!

Fred Dutton 20 February, 2013 @ 3:24 pm

Yes, it will be looped after it finishes, and you’ll be able to re-watch it via YouTube later in the week too.

turbogeek421 20 February, 2013 @ 2:11 pm   3

Woo! I’ve got an excuse to go back to Home :p

dark_angel69 20 February, 2013 @ 2:11 pm   4

I’m very excited to seeing this the night. Any idea how long it will last? Just less than 9 hours to go!!

Can’t wait! :)

somethingatt 20 February, 2013 @ 2:14 pm   6

Hopefully PS4 will give you the success (financial) that PS3 deserved!

Fingers crossed you woo us all :)

Hey Fred do you know if there will be a recorded session of this? Sadly I’m going to be working from 9-7 so would I be able to come here once I get home and watch it? Or anywhere else for that matter?
Thanks!

Fred Dutton 20 February, 2013 @ 3:24 pm

Yes indeed – it’ll be shown on loop after the show finishes, and also uploaded to YouTube later in the week.

Snacks on standby. Can. Not. Wait.

Will be watching from this blog :)

DBcoopmore 20 February, 2013 @ 2:14 pm   10

Stoked!

ryannumber3gamer 20 February, 2013 @ 2:16 pm   11

Can’t wait Fred. Personally what i want to see announcements of are….

PS4
Jak 4 (Extremely unlikely but i’m really hoping for it)
A new Ratchet & Clank game.
PS All-Stars Battle Royale 2 (or some new DLC)
Some Sly news (Maybe an update about how we have to wait until the 29th of March :/ )
The announcement of some new PS Vita HD Collections like The Sly Trilogy, The Jak & Daxter Trilogy,The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy etc.
Some new HD trilogys.

supersmith2500 20 February, 2013 @ 2:18 pm   12

Can you watch this on PS Home as well Fred?

I’ll be watching on the blog. My body is ready

Worlds worst kept secret in that we all know it is about Playstation 4 but cannot wait! Still think the PS3 has not reached its full capability but understand why Sony have to act…

Tetharion 20 February, 2013 @ 2:23 pm   15

Can’t wait! Only a couple hours more

I really hope we get to see some great next-gen games in-engine, not just cgi trailers and tech demos :)

Anyway, best of luck guys

Yes, it’s also going to be available in Home. Screen 1.

Really looking forward to it! #PlaystationMemory has been trending on Twitter all day :-)

MordecaiHunter 20 February, 2013 @ 2:25 pm   17

#PlaystationWorld ^_^

FRED if you see anybody from EA overthere tell them thanks for crysis3 being £20 MORE than on the scea store !

foxsevent 20 February, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   18

ryannumber3gamer
Download the demo of “Sly Thieves in Time” it’s out now on PSN for PS3/PS VITA and you will see why we have to wait till 29 March.
Simply this game has about 18 languages in it all of them being full voicer over dubs.

xxSamuraiGirlxx 20 February, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   19

cool, i’d probably watch the stream in home. the last time i was there was e3 lol.

i wish there was a way to watch it in your space tho, so you can watch it with friends…

leon200079 20 February, 2013 @ 2:27 pm   20

Looking forward to it, can’t wait.

Although im guessing the free $10 was a US thing only?

Shame.

anunnakid 20 February, 2013 @ 2:30 pm   21

This is even bigger than E3. Man I need new underwear…

ryannumber3gamer 20 February, 2013 @ 2:31 pm   22

@Foxsevent, I’m already downloading the Sly demo off the PS Store on both my Vita & PS3 :)

@Fred Dutton

Will there be a download of the event soon after airing? It airs 1am South African time and I’d like to watch/download it tomorrow morning, will it be posted on the Playstation Store (like the E3 conferences on the US Store) or on Youtube?

If so, any indication of when it will be posted? Please try and find out the answer for me

Fred Dutton 20 February, 2013 @ 3:26 pm

Yes, there will be – see above. It’ll be shown on loop right here, and later uploaded to YouTube too.

I CAN’T WAIT!!!:P Well i just about survived these last 19/20 days of waiting:D
+ What ‘i’ would like to see is ‘KillZone 4′ + ‘GT6′ + ‘Uncharted 4 + a new ‘MM’ game(hopefully LBP3) real PS4 gameplay(OH LORD!):P + if possible they will be out the same day as the PS4(i don’t ask for much!):D + I want the PS4 to play my PS1 & PS2 & PS3 discs to but i doubt that will happen(which is a shame):( It would cost to much i guess & you know the internet would go mental if it did cost to much(Oh well, i guess i will have to have less features just because of the moaners & haters on the internet) Never mind. Anyway – BRING ON THE PUTURE OF PLAYSTATION TONIGHT SONY!!! :P

Hrimgrimnir 20 February, 2013 @ 2:36 pm   25

You better release the PS4 in 2013 in Europe too or loose a sh.tload of people to the new Xbox.

abdirizak007 20 February, 2013 @ 2:36 pm   26

Hi Fred were can i see the show in playstation home? :) and Thank! for Sly 4 demo. I will play it ontil the show begin! :D

After 6 years SCEE store team I’m not very likely to buy a PS4.
The endless times online is down, games are later (Walking Dead, etc) or not come at al. The weekly mistakes in pricing, pre orders etc. All services that where promissed but never came. It’s laughble if it wasn’t just sad.
I don’t trust Sony to take it serius after all these years.
Eventualy I’ll buy a PS4 for the exclives but only after the first redesign/pricedrop.
I bought PS3 day one but you f@ck€d up hard!

Perhaps Vita will finally become relevant?

I just can’t wait! PS4! Killzone 4! Uncharted 4! New Luminous engine!

ShadowhunterrX 20 February, 2013 @ 2:40 pm   30

May i ask you a question Mister Fred :D

Can I watch the stream on my android/IOS phone :) ?

MidgetOlympics 20 February, 2013 @ 2:41 pm   31

Everyone thinks this is about the PS4 but it’s not . Sony have recently created away to toast bread in just 10 seconds . this announcement is all about the revolutionary new 10 second toaster code named Dave .

Thats inside info so keep it on the QT .

kirki24ss 20 February, 2013 @ 2:43 pm   32

cant wait to see what they have for me please let it be PS4

Surely an announcement this big is to confirm that YAKUZA 5 will be coming to the EU! And maybe something about Playstation 4 at the end. Anyone interested in reading a rumour round up head to here:

grimbarian 20 February, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   34

Show me an open world GT6 and that you’re not actually trying to kill the second hand market and you’ll get my money. :-)

Hoping to see the next big thing from Sony!!

Please could we get an answer on the question of a catch-up feed for those of us not around at11pm?
Personally I am hoping to see the console and controller, confirmation of a late 2013 release (in Europe as well!) along with real gameplay footage of killzone 4 and LBP3. A sneaky glimpse of Gran Turismo and Uncharted would also make my night! Oh, and a vita price cut please!!

I’ll watch you on Twitter Fred, so prepare yourself. ;)
Don’t like #playstation2013 though, it’s simply too long for a good hashtag.

Shadow_Warlock 20 February, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   38

Any chance us Euro’s will be getting the loyalty reward? I mean most Americans got $10 put into their PSN Account for being loyal, what about us?

pinkplaybunny 20 February, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   39

Fred

Is this going to work on the iphone app or do I need to take my laptop to bed with me?

Besides, where are the Heads Ups for the Store and Plus?

Witcher70 20 February, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   41

@Golwar i was told at 3pm.

I can’t wait!!

Playstation 4 ^^

@Shadow_Warlock
I doubt the “most” part. I know several people with more than 1 PS console, who sometimes spend some $100 a month in the PSN store and they didn’t receive anything.

I’d say that such marketing campaigns can cause more damage than do good, whenever it separates customers into “good” customers and “the rest”.

But agreed, I actually wouldn’t mind such a nice little gift either. ;)

lufkakreska 20 February, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   45

can i ask something? when dungeon defenders sky city will be avalibe in store

GANTZn00b 20 February, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   46

i hope there will be a update about a delete option for the singstar icon for those people that dont want it on their console

…And as usual SCEA despite being one of if not the smallest demographic gets the most attention, why would we want to watch it live ofcourse o_O.
Fox, whilst its irrelivent its because they prefer America, they could do a universal release, they will not. Heck I wont use anything other than English, if they really wanted to they could release it in chunks as and what translation was available, whilst it might be a legal requirement its likely to stop small obscure unused languages from whining.
Sucks that signing up for the single email they have sent has done nothing, perhaps a roundup tomorrow at a sensible time….
MO, the question is would you like a waffle? perhaps a muffin?

grimbarian 20 February, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   48

Hoping to hear:

In Europe before Christmas 2013.
Killer launch title.
Some backwards compatibility magic (streaming/download of games owned would be fine).

Hoping not to hear:

DRM Restrictions.
Subscription service required for online play.
Range of ‘lower’ and ‘higher’ end consoles.

ShadowDoGGG 20 February, 2013 @ 3:33 pm   49

If this isn’t the PS4 and only your ‘Playstation Cloud’ you are going to annoy a hell of a lot of people by hyping this up so much.

Will we be able to watch this on the PS3?

alper1005041 20 February, 2013 @ 3:35 pm   51

so exciting!!!!!

bandoors_ksa 20 February, 2013 @ 3:35 pm   52

Hi Fred

i send an Email to the ME support team with no respons from them can you see what’s going on?

CRM:00066516

Thank You.

ps4 = needed if u want i buy

price max 400€ +-320 gb

no paying to play online
saves ps3/ps4 on ps vita mem sticks ( i want backup , cloud = not good when u can not redowload when u want )

no need to have al time online connection
last = lots games + corect prices in store .

al games u have buy on psn , u are abel to redownload on ps4 !
not gone stream mi games .

Will it be possible to see the conference tomorrow morning in this post?

alper1005041 20 February, 2013 @ 3:40 pm   55

PS4…….

How long is the presentation? Couple hours or erring closer to 3, or 4?

I have been looking forward to this so much since the teaser and now it’s here, can’t wait to see what’s in store.

For those considering using PS Home, I would advise against it unless there have been significant improvements. The last time I tried to use Home to stream a conference it simply didn’t work for any more than a few seconds at a time. I will be right here on the blog for my stream!

Just 7 more hours of speculation to go… ;-)

GUN_SLAYER101 20 February, 2013 @ 3:50 pm   58

OOOOOOOHHHHH Man cant wait to see the meeting kick off and hopefully its about the ps4.

things i want to see in the PlayStation 4 -} able to sign into ps3 ID /
able to play ps3 [maybe ps2 games as well ] games and has better graphics.

GUN_SLAYER101 20 February, 2013 @ 3:54 pm   59

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 !!!!

leon200079 20 February, 2013 @ 4:01 pm   60

A new dynamic theme to celebrate the event would be nice.

I doubt we’ll see a similar offer to the free $10 doled out in the USA, after all, using the Sony PSN Store Currency Converter(TM) it would become £10, and someone’s realised that’s actually more than $10…

extermin8or_ 20 February, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   62

So excited and if you wanted to watch via vita youtube app- ign’s live channel might work? PS4! PS4! PS4! PS4! Can I also just say don’t make me have to import this from usa- release it worldwide before xmas (or release it in europe and USA next year for once) especially considering Europe is your better market so you’d likely sell more here than in usa :p now to wait for this stream, then wait for things release dates: TLOU, KZ:M, Soul Scarafice, PS4, MGS:GZ etc etc :p

hi fred will i be able to watch this stream from ps3 browser

Now I’m stuck with the Pointer Sisters in my head.

“I’m so excited, tum tum tudum. And I just can’t hide it. Tada tadam”

etc

Hopefully it will be on YouTube by 1am so I can watch it through the new ps3 app on my TV. Otherwise I’ll have to check it out on Home, or risk starting the looped video on here in the middle of the announcement!!

Fred Dutton 20 February, 2013 @ 4:53 pm

I’m afraid it will take us a day or two to get it up on YouTube, however the stream will be looped as soon as the show ends, so you can watch it that way.

Beers are in the fridge, friends invited round, laptop is hooked up to a projector… MY BODY IS READY!!!!

Lord_Gremlin 20 February, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   67

@OttoT Nailed it, good sir. At this point PS4 specs are hardly relevant at all, given the incompetence of SCEE. What is really important next gen:
- where digital content is cheaper.
- where digital content appears earlier.

Tei_LeonIV 20 February, 2013 @ 5:03 pm   68

Hey fred, I’m not familiar with playstation home. Will I be able to watch it full screen on my TV through PS Home?

Malik7866 20 February, 2013 @ 5:04 pm   69

I have my laptop set up, my ps3 set up in 2 different rooms in case one freezes or the laptop breaks down.

Huge amount of “man food” will be brought in and contracts will be signed with the wifeys to ensure the PS4 finds itself a loving caring home.

My wife has promised to pay for half the console – i need this in writing not just words!

Giant Enemy Crabs, we look forward to your arrival!

Vannaa_Girl 20 February, 2013 @ 5:11 pm   70

Such an exciting time, is good to see such positive comments for Sony again and i can only imagine what we are going to see tonight

An exciting time to be a gamer :)

Anyhoows

You are in New York Fred??? Such a lovely city huh Señor :) perhaps remember to get a piece of pizza and also a hotdog off the stalls :p

Thanks for the heads up Fred. Will the stream footage have a timer do you know? Just so when I time on I will know how long I have to wait to loop it again – it may sound silly but I don’t want to be spoiled before watching the announcement from the beginning!

Mo4Enii22 20 February, 2013 @ 5:41 pm   72

will it be available on playstation 3?

roske_jens 20 February, 2013 @ 5:46 pm   73

fred,
did you already found if u can play the livestream on a mobile ?

pleas let me know

Stonesthrow 20 February, 2013 @ 5:58 pm   74

Well, a lot of my hype has died down with the leaked Dualshock4 images, which I still hope are fake. Or atleast that you can use the DS3 on ps4 and that production of that controller obviously continues as well.
But yea, the controller is a major issue for me, this is probably the first time, ever, that I’m not completely excited for a Playstation related announcement. I’ve been going mad all over the forums and at times it felt like gaming in general was dying on me, without my trusty traditional Dualshock.
But as soon as I hear some good news about my controller issue, it’ll be a major load off my mind. Sincerely hoping for other options or fake, because I can’t see me getting used to that leaked Dualshock4 which changed upon most of the traditional elements..

another_gamer195 20 February, 2013 @ 6:00 pm   75

@ Fred.
A few people have probably allready asked this but, Can our ‘it only does everything’ ie PS3s be used to veiw this event, i know it’s against your contractual terms to give answers or any comments that make the PS look bad. like it Not being capable of handling a stream through ps-blog.. But some of us need to know this answer, i ‘guess’ you could just reply with, it’s being shown in Home, then i would know Not to use browser on ps3, A real shame that this feature of the system got so outdated/useless so quickly, i mean not being able to veiw some images, never mind video on browser, at psn own blog IS just so wrong.. Yet it Can show others, i remember buying 1st ps3, (about 09), and thinking (believing) i Had to have the gamepad keyboard as well, as i hadn’t owned a ‘computer’ before.. lol. Not the biggest disappointment in my gaming, well ps3 life. But what a waste of 30 quid.. (little keyboard/pad). Can’t wait till the big news breaks. I Hope you can influence the bigwigs, as Not doing a global release is gonna hurt, seriously.

ligtningrod1 20 February, 2013 @ 6:23 pm   76

Well I’ll find out if any of these leaks are true Controller I can live with.. even mobile functionality to a point as long as its not Locked to sony phones.

Hope to find out tonight.

@ Fred

Hey Fred, so I take it you know what this big announcement is, or do they keep you out of the loop to stop you letting it slip ;)

bitbydeath 20 February, 2013 @ 6:39 pm   79

Hi Fred, Where abouts on Home do we go for this?

Sinclair-ZX81 20 February, 2013 @ 6:43 pm   80

Cant wait, Very exciting times.

MACCY_D_1988 20 February, 2013 @ 7:13 pm   81

Looking forward to it. Are there any plans for a PS Vita slim? There have been slim versions of just about every PlayStation console.

*HAIL* This Deserve a pizza for all!
Cannot wait!

@ TeamRJ45 #50

I read it’ll be streamed within PSHome like all big things like this =D.

Zer0K3wL1337 20 February, 2013 @ 7:44 pm   83

My expectations aren’t that high, but playstation 4 better life up to my expectations or i might skip this console maybe.
don’t like how sony treats customers seeing them as treat for their marketing strategy banning users of their facebook just for asking news on a issue.

Alex-1124 20 February, 2013 @ 7:48 pm   84

Where is the livestream screen?

SkunkMonkey-- 20 February, 2013 @ 9:04 pm   85

I know one thing, If Sony ban used games, require constant online connection or bring in a monthly subscription fee, I’m gone! It will be just the push I need to buy a Gaming PC.

I’ve bought Sony since psone, But if corporate Greed wins the day, Bye bye~

imagine buying a cd or dvd and not being able to lend to your friends or sell it if you wanted to?

hi fred, im from Norway… time here is 22:30 = 11pm where you are.
i got a question for u. i heard that the event should take place the 20 feb 2013 6pm = 18:00 where i am and i have been sitting ifront of my pc in 3 hours and im still waiting… do u know when the event is?

here are the english livestream: http://no.playstation.com/meeting2013/

@opel9090
Dude, Norway is part of the CET. So when it says “12.00am CET” it’ll start midnight. Really ain’t that difficult.

Saint2Sinner1089 20 February, 2013 @ 9:30 pm   89

What time does it Start in GMT

supersmith2500 20 February, 2013 @ 9:32 pm   90

I’ll be fine with the PS4 if:
* PSN remains free to use.
* Does not have DRM.
* Does ALLOW used games.
* Has a strong line-up of launch titles.
* Do well like the PS2.
* Does not suck like the Wii U.
* Does not need costant online connection.
* Is released for Europe this year, don’t mind 2 weeks later.
* Does not make everything expensive.
* Does not copy anyone else.

Then I’ll be fine with that. If there’s any useless features we hate added on then goodbye. No PS4 for me.

Kriskardash 20 February, 2013 @ 9:34 pm   91

i cant scroll in the month, day or year to select my date of birth.. whats happening?

is it christmas eve……….. :)

CLINGINGSLINKY 20 February, 2013 @ 9:37 pm   93

hmm 1hr and 24mins to go T_T why must we wait.

gimme gimme gimme

@Kriskardash
Try another browser. Some scripts are obviously blocked in your case.

The live stream on the blog appears to be Japanese, wouldnt surprise me if SCEE screws that up too and the whole event is just cancelled on our end whilst SCEA gets $10 of free credit, and likely flying robot unicorns, because Sony hates SCEE o_O
Wouldnt surprise me at this point, if the event was just to say that they were abandoning SCEE, removing the “customer service” monkey robots and replacing them with cans of spam and working to give SCEA the best year yet.
I will be buying a 360 when this new console hype drops its price, atleast they get half decent customer service -.-

MGregory666 20 February, 2013 @ 10:00 pm   97

So stoked. I have gone on a PS Store rampage today. Downloaded the GoW: Ascension demo, Killzone 3 MP demo, Wipeout 2048 and Darksiders :-)

Note – You have the Japanese version all cued up and ready to rock when the time comes.

This might not go down too well for those of us who don’t speak Japanese.

dark_angel69 20 February, 2013 @ 10:05 pm   99

@Dermado
Change the camera to english. Look at the button beside share on the left

Will playstation home be back online before the live stream?

Saint2Sinner1089 20 February, 2013 @ 10:07 pm   101

To every 1 saying its in Japanese there’s a button with different cameras

So at what time is it gonna start i keep hearing diff times??

Under an hour left, feels like ages

dark_angel69 20 February, 2013 @ 10:13 pm   104

@mig_eg8
Like 45 minutes. Different times is only for different countries

sorrowthedark 20 February, 2013 @ 10:14 pm   105

I’m just excited to see what info leaked or otherwise, is actually fake.

the excitement of it all !!!!

sorrowthedark 20 February, 2013 @ 10:19 pm   107

buckle your seat belts and get ready it could be a long ride, and im hoping ps+ is compat with ps world if its not fake.

DEATHWISH2478 20 February, 2013 @ 10:20 pm   108

why is home under maintanance? its 9:20am in australia (AEDT)

i cain’t wait yeaahhh

Saint2Sinner1089 20 February, 2013 @ 10:27 pm   110

LET THE GAMING EPICNESS BEGIN SONY HAD BETTER NOT DISAPPOINTING

dark_angel69 20 February, 2013 @ 10:27 pm   111

For all those worried about home, might be just setting it up and getting it ready for the show. Try logging in again in about 15 minutes. Just a guess anyway

supersmith2500 20 February, 2013 @ 10:30 pm   112

@dark_angel69:
If it’s still under maintenace when the meeting is on. I would be angry.

Red-KillerUK 20 February, 2013 @ 10:32 pm   113

is this only available on this website or can it be streamed on TV?

dark_angel69 20 February, 2013 @ 10:32 pm   114

@supersmith2500
There’s plenty other places you can watch it anyway. The picture in home wouldn’t be as good as on your laptop/PC and there certainly wouldn’t be bubbles popping up here when people chat away. I found home being annoying when I was watching E3

Mmm every time i come off this page then come back i have to change the camera option from Japanese to English,no biggie just wondered if anyone else was having this problem? i should say that i just go onto another tab so can’t work it out.

Not long know boys & girls. :-)

sorrowthedark 20 February, 2013 @ 10:34 pm   116

were live wooo :)

Fred Dutton 20 February, 2013 @ 10:53 pm

Hey everyone. Fred here live from New York. The place is rammed and we’ll be starting any minute. Enjoy the show – looking forward to hearing what you all have to say!

Should of read now no know ;-)

Ghost-ksa-404 20 February, 2013 @ 10:49 pm   118

wate naw

I rilly rilly rilly rilly cannot wait for the Dora’s Adventures Dora’s Street Mooves reveal(with Moove support for both of you :) ). I’ve been so waiting for this… for years and it’s naarly here… naaar

misfit2013 20 February, 2013 @ 10:51 pm   120

where exactly in the PlayStation Home?

NightRanma 20 February, 2013 @ 10:51 pm   121

Taking bets now that there’ll be nothing for Vita, even though Sony desperately needs to do something to get things moving for it.

GamerOfThrone 20 February, 2013 @ 10:53 pm   122

I feel some interesting vita stuff coming

Fred this blog needs COOKIES. Logging in everytime starts to grind naaar

solarwind12 20 February, 2013 @ 10:59 pm   124

Great work Fred, yet again you have proven your qualified for scee blog manager, well any position in SCEE really, do you not think it would of been easy to have added, ‘on your pc/mac’ at end of your sce hype ?. just before the ‘enjoy’ bit, ?.. Thanks for my wasted last hour both on the crashed ps-home and this white elephant of yours, (sce’s), you know the internet browser that can’t even perform on it’s Own blog.. could of spent that time setting pc up. (hasn’t been on for weeks), as it allways takes ages updating norton/other stuff.. as for stuff, yeah Stuff this announcement, it’s probable reveal and Everything else sce related.. newsflash, going ostrich style doesn’t work.

DEATHWISH2478 20 February, 2013 @ 10:59 pm   125

PlayStation home is up but video in cinema 1 says unable to display video at this time now wtf? is this…..?

jfontyman 20 February, 2013 @ 11:25 pm   126

Well… Looks like everything has crashed at my end, stream must be overloaded, ustream ps live feed on my TV is down, website stream down…ho him.

sorrowthedark 20 February, 2013 @ 11:30 pm   127

they overloaded and killed the stream feed lol

jfontyman 20 February, 2013 @ 11:35 pm   128

That’s actually kind of cool top overload the stream such is the interest…… But wait I can’t see it!!!!!

*slow clap*

Well done Sony, you’ve just demonstrated why streaming gaming is not ready yet. You can’t even successfully host a webcast without it falling over, but you have reminded my why I no longer trust Sony with my hard earned cash.

Thanks, but good night.

Will the last ex customer please turn out the light on the way out.

POLLINTINHO 20 February, 2013 @ 11:41 pm   130

yeah ps4 relies heavily on internet bandwidth but i can’t even stream this chat. looks like no purchase from 80% of the uk then

so backwards compatibility not happening straight out box.
confirmed by dave perry.

everything else looking great so far

this streem has had no issues http://no.playstation.com/meeting2013/

Good luck streaming games if streaming this live event already turns out to be too big a mountain to climb… o_O

supersmith2500 20 February, 2013 @ 11:47 pm   134

Well I’ve wasted 10 mins trying to view the stream without problems. Home is slow, Blog has too many issues, and also it’s stream is down and now I’m viewing it from my PS3 now. Laggy framerate but runs good.

well after this shambolic streaming escapade – what little bits I saw made me realize that console gaming is dead.

I left xbox live as I didn’t like the constant intrusion of friends little wannabe mii’s running around recommending what to watch on Sky player. Playstation wants to move to the xbox realm? This is nonsense I don’t want “friend” intrusions when I play a video game. I don’t want them taking over the controls if a game becomes “too hard”. I play video games because I want to and if a game becomes too hard I persevere until I…that’s I can do it. I play video games because I want to escape the real world and disappear into another one. Not having the real world intruding on me gaming

I’ve never been big on multi-player games, there have been some exceptions mostly MMORPG’s but this is just horrible. I don’t facebook style nattering and waffling while I play games.

For the future I will be investing in a pc, games are actually cheaper than console and can play most of them without the need to socialize with others. I may like watching Charlie Brookers Black Mirror but it doesn’t mean I want to live in that world. Want to place an RFID chip in all Playstation users as well?

evilwitch83 21 February, 2013 @ 12:05 am   136

I couldn’t even watch most of this stream. Thanks for wrecking my birthday, Sony.

new infamous game cole is not main character which means it most likely follows the evil ending of infamous 2 and im guessing cole will be the big bad :)

i love infamous and this has prob just sold me on ps4 lol

ENTER-BALL-305 21 February, 2013 @ 12:12 am   138

BIG THANK YOU SONY FROM SAUDI ARABIA :)

Love everything so far, and thank god sony didnt make a tablet for its controller! This alone make me love PS4, ofc the awesome hardware is a plus.

Do you know how much the PS4 will cost around? I have heard from around $400 to around $700. I like the around $400 better

TheMethod 21 February, 2013 @ 12:17 am   141

Everytime something interesting starts happening, the stream breaks.

I despair.

supersmith2500 21 February, 2013 @ 12:19 am   142

New Infamous, new IP from Evolution, new KillZone and it’s controller is still called the DualShock 4. Can’t wait for the full console reveal. Will LBP3 and Gran Turismo 6 be revealed? Let’s find out.

DAVEHUDSON 21 February, 2013 @ 12:20 am   143

love the look of the new killzone Shadow Fall

DAVEHUDSON 21 February, 2013 @ 12:20 am   144

just watch that game im sold to ps4 sony take my money now lol

supersmith2500 21 February, 2013 @ 12:21 am   145

But one thing we might not see though is WipEout since Studio Liverpool is closed.

DAVEHUDSON 21 February, 2013 @ 12:21 am   146

just that game sold ps4 to me sony take my money now lol

…so Im assuming the PS4 was indeed revealed, and that it wont have a disk drive but will need to stream games?
SCEE has proven with the constant timely updates to the store, competitive prices, fair exchange rates, helpful blog…that this might benefit SCEA.
why not just call it the USAbox -.-.
Has anyone watched the whole steam? Kindly post what was confirmed.
Now we wait for the 360′s to fall in price, and go native…

SmellyButtocks 21 February, 2013 @ 12:37 am   148

Just managed to get this to work, had to use the ign live part of the app on my Xbox >_<! Hope I ain't missed too much.

That game with the dragon looks amazing!

Witcher70 21 February, 2013 @ 12:46 am   149

the vid is so bad ! is this what ps4 is going to be like?

SmellyButtocks 21 February, 2013 @ 12:49 am   150

Witcher, try the IGN website?

PoluSanzo 21 February, 2013 @ 1:05 am   151

epic fail sony

they never showed the actual ps3 unit itself!

stuff shown was great especially infamous and killzone but i really wanted to see what the hardware would look like.

TheMethod 21 February, 2013 @ 1:06 am   153

What does it LOOK LIKE? lol

Wow, exciting times – I think they’re back on track here!

Witcher70 21 February, 2013 @ 1:07 am   154

So release date is holiday 2013 i assume that means xmas 2013. Any idea on pricing this is going to cost way more than the PS3 IMO

i meant ps4 unit doh!!

UMMMM you forget to shew us one small facet of the whole thing… the console itself. Shew us yer kit Sony :D

marcochapita 21 February, 2013 @ 1:09 am   157

i cannot see anything :( but was ps4 any good? i cannot see the details on any website :(

@Witcher70

it will be like the vita, tell some stuff at start of year then do the big final reveal at E3

mebe the discs, if there are any, go into the controller :D

SmellyButtocks 21 February, 2013 @ 1:10 am   160

Well I’ll watch the first hour or so of that on youtube in the next few days. Still love the fact the only place I could watch it was on my XBOX haha awesome.

eyez-iz-chon 21 February, 2013 @ 1:11 am   161

mind blown by everything in that meeting! :D the only thing im curious about is that did the Ubisoft guy say Watch_Dogs was next gen?! D:

polynski 21 February, 2013 @ 1:11 am   162

sorry for my language but omfg ps4 sounds immense oh sony why do you taunt me so i want it now not in 9 months why are you torturing me

Wow that was depressing. Social this connectivity that. I don’t see movie studios clamouring to make socially connected films or record labels rushing to make socially connected CDs. Whatever happened to just sitting in the living room enjoying a game? Why is that not sufficient? *sigh*

sorrowthedark 21 February, 2013 @ 1:13 am   164

no backwards compatibility and no mention if its going to supposrt blu ray either, should I be worried.

All the new games, I have pre ordered from tomb raider to gta V are going to make me wait before I jump to PS4…seriously play whilst downloading the rest of the game. It would be good idea, if we all had super fast broadband…mine isn’t slow for the record but video stream was horrible

ryannumber3gamer 21 February, 2013 @ 1:13 am   165

Looks great! The highlights in my opinion was the PS4 & inFamous. But i wish we would have gotten some PS3 & Vita news as well :/.

nightmare-526 21 February, 2013 @ 1:13 am   166

Freakin’ Awsome! A few things though: Can we have some images of the console? Will it play my Playstation 3 games (on disc)? Around how much will this be so i can start saving and FOR GOD SAKE TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

mazegami 21 February, 2013 @ 1:13 am   167

Ahh how long for restart?! Caught from watch dogs onward (amazing btw) but really wanted to see what square are announcing… bet it’s versus for ps4 haha… well actually I hope so just so it gets released..

barata_senior 21 February, 2013 @ 1:14 am   168

i’ve been troled
I was whaiting to see one PS4

SamTheSkater 21 February, 2013 @ 1:15 am   169

That was amazing!

nightmare-526 21 February, 2013 @ 1:15 am   170

Also: Can i use my existing account, but change the name? i really don’t like my name, but don’t want to give up 5 years of gaming. Im sure a lot of your other supporters fell this way too.

You have just officially MURDERED Vita.

How could have you included Remote Play for PS4 games!? Are you CRAZY!?

Who in their right mind will now develop a game for Vita? You have just turned it into a PS4 controller with a screen but without triggers. Good luck selling that even for $200!! I’m so (CENSORED) at you.
So what, if I don’t buy a PS4 now, I soon won’t have games to play on Vita? AWESOME!! And obviously we will only be able to play the games in the Wi-Fi range of the PS4, right? So no more console quality games on the go, right now it’s just small indie games on the go. Awesome!! That’s why I bought a Vita!!

You were supposed to say Cross Control an Cross Play, not Remote Play!!

Why…

dark_angel69 21 February, 2013 @ 1:16 am   172

Guys check out Kotaku if you missed out on anything. It has everything up.

That show was class
New controller = a beaut
Knack = interesting game
Killzone 4 = YAHOO!!
Infamous second son = YAYYYY!! Was really looking a new Infamous
Driveclub = Yes please!!
Deep Down = amazing!
Watch_dogs = cant wait!

Just bring the PS4 out already! Day 1 buy for me! Cant wait for E3 now and hopefully hear the news on Final Fantasy. Was really hoping to have seen some Final Fantasy the night

mazegami 21 February, 2013 @ 1:17 am   173

And now its not available!? Fred, I could cry right now :| sob

Well sony, what you had to shew us today blew my mind. thank you. i will be buying the best version of the console, how/whatever it looks like on release day. AWESOME stuff from all the devs and Sony, M$ will have a hard task ahead keeping it’s only market in the US(buuut it is welcome to it). Noh I’m so excited you’ve turned me fanboy for the next few hours. Thanks again to Sony and to the Devs. inFAMOUS Second Son stuck out for me amongst MANY others. Even the FF hairstyles didn’t make me angry…. Uhh Ohhh FF hairstyles gggrrrrrrr

I think I’ll pass on the PS4. Here in Portugal the economy is bad.
The Ps4 is most likely to come out at €450 minimum…
Does it have great games? Yes.
Is it easy to develop? Yes. So developers will max it out easily. Basically it has a PC architecture. After it’s maxed out then what?
I look at the Killzone 4 demo, it looks great but for me it’s just killzone 3 engine with high quality textures and more smoke and lightening effects. Basically it looks like Crysis for PC…
This new gen won’t be very long…

DAVEHUDSON 21 February, 2013 @ 1:22 am   176

yeh the new killzone Shadow Fall looked awesome and same as 173 has to be a day one buy just for that one game lol cant wait for e3 this year and allso hope to see some new Final Fantasy game

portable18 21 February, 2013 @ 1:22 am   177

FAIL. WE-WANT-TO-SEE-A-BOX!

Willie699 21 February, 2013 @ 1:22 am   178

Great show. The concepts shown are really intriguing and its getting me excited about the next generation. It was interesting to hear mentioned that PS3 was built in a changing gaming landscape, hence, couldn’t perform certain tasks which would be standard right now, so bodes well that the PS4 will have the opportunity to have these as standard.

I think people are failing to realise that this show was for the future of the Playstation brand. I think Sony will keep their cards close to their chests in regards to design until E3 or thereabouts.

@mazegami

no dave perry confirmed no backwards comp when talking about the cloud bringing ps3 games in future.

ill be keeping ps3 no matter what anyway so if i do buy this(which i think i will now) ill just have them both hooked up

DAVEHUDSON 21 February, 2013 @ 1:25 am   180

yeah im e3 your going to see the ps4 not befor

The leap from Ps1 to Ps2 was great!
The leap from Ps2 to Ps3 was awesome!
The leap from Ps3 to Ps4 just seems meh…

Witcher70 21 February, 2013 @ 1:28 am   182

@SmellyButtocks i will be watching the replays on youtube in a couple of days thanks.

@Hayzink I think you are 100% right, that is Sony’s style!

Watched this stream with a wild mix of several friends. PC gamers, ex-Playstation gamers, Xbox and Nintendo fans. What shall I say, just one of them claims that he’ll be able to resist the PS4.
Everyone else was doubting, before Killzone. When Drive Club was shown it turned into a big hurray and party. :)

So congrats Sony, you’ll most likely see me back for the PS4. Just improve everything related to publishing games digitally. Especially in Germany. Pretty please, don’t ruin it.

Stonesthrow 21 February, 2013 @ 1:28 am   184

Hah ;d He was out of there fast at the end :d But I don’t really care they didn’t show the hardware, it’s the games that count and as always, it was a very enjoyable presentation. Still skeptical about the new controller (specifically the joysticks) although it does look better than the leaked models. The models up untill now felt like they were designed for my own two hands, truly the most perfect controller designs I’ll ever have the honor of playing with. By this I’ve given my respect to a controller that I’ve loved throughout the years. Can’t wait to see and read more about it here.
I hope it gets shown and released soon. Footage looked great. As always, David Cage was awesome and now I’m starting to wonder whether that new MGS might be next gen too :p Very excited about Killzone and Watchdogs too.

Private-Lu 21 February, 2013 @ 1:30 am   185

Well, that was pretty amazing.
Thanks to lag, I didn’t see most of it, so my question to those who did is:
Did they show the PS4?
Not the controller I saw that, I want to know if they actually showed the PS4.
Did they announce an actual release date?
I heard something about this season or something, but not entirely sure what that mean.

does anyone no when its goin to be repeated

englishpunk 21 February, 2013 @ 1:33 am   187

A couple of things to think on, we know the controller is ready, but i wonder if the actual console unit is still in development state ie no shiny box yet. I think Sony decided to jump the gun on Microsoft as industry insiders have been suggesting the new Xbox will be in the marketplace before the PS4, maybe this event was built to steal some of that thunder and try to curb early Xbox sales like happened this (last ? ) generation.

Everything looks great, not sure about the actual games yet, there seems to be a lot more simultaneous releases, but the platform all looks “magical”, though to be honest, if you look back at previous launches, you’d have expected most of this to already be in place i mean that head model just shouts “Emotion Engine” at me !

One final point, Sony have gone on record saying that the backward compatibility they put into the original PS3 was a mistake, and part of what caused it’s slow uptake and that they would not make the same mistake again, so I very much doubt we’ll see backwards compatibility, bar any software emulation like we have on the newer PS3 systems.

double0doh 21 February, 2013 @ 1:37 am   188

Was it just me or that picture you guys posted of associated developers with the PS4 not include naughty dog? Does that mean we aren’t going to see an Uncharted 4 because that was what I was really holding out for?

There have been several consoles that weren’t shown at their first announcement. So I don’t get why some complain about that.
What matters are the hardware details and the results on screen. And both of those manage to impress.

@Private-Lu
Did they show the PS4?
Did they announce an actual release date?
“Holiday 2013″ popped up in text near the end

Private-Lu 21 February, 2013 @ 1:46 am   191

@189 No it didn’t include Naughty Dog or Insomniac Games. Shame they where my favourite Developers.

Guess after everything that has happened in the last couple of years with Insomniac Games, I’m gonna have to find a new favourite Developer.

Never did see a new Crash Bandicoot for Ps3, doubt they’ll be making one for PS4.

Yes I’m a fan of the more cartoony games, they’re much more fun and enjoyable than those boring FPS (aslo loved the Uncharted series).

If in the first year the PS4 get’s a Call of Duty game, I will eat my hat. Oh wait, no I will eat my sisters hat, already ate mine.

So much focus on downloading and we have a (CENSORED) store team and sloooow downloading speed. Just don’t believe it.
And why not show a box? Very bad show.

double0doh 21 February, 2013 @ 1:57 am   193

@192 God dammit that sucks… My whole drive to buy the PS4 has now been extinguished haha. I was so expecting Uncharted 4 to be the flagship game at the launch because of all the hush-hush around naughty dog for the past 18 months on the new game they are developing and all this recent chat of them saying they are PS4 ready with their graphics, and then they aren’t even listed…

That better not mean they are going to move over to Microsoft because I absolutely hate the XBox controllers and will refuse to buy one.

Coody-Baroody 21 February, 2013 @ 2:07 am   194

@193 Come on guys get real. I didnt see Guerilla on that list but we know about Killzone. All the 1st party developers will just come under the SCE banner thats on there. Of COURSE we’ll see a new Uncharted or whatever ND work on next.

Chocobo115 21 February, 2013 @ 7:32 am   195

How do I watch it from the start? I don’t want to start in the middle of it!

chrisboers 21 February, 2013 @ 8:01 am   196

Epic show people! Too bad you forgot one thing: showing the device itself…
Other than that, the future really looks bright (and colorful, and ultra HD)! Great lineup of games!

Just make sure you deliver on your Remote Play promise this time around will you please?

mattias-47 21 February, 2013 @ 9:56 am   197

I really enjoyed that not working ps home presentation… ps4 announcement and there was any way how to watch from ps3… such a shame.. some apologise could be good

That was something, really. Controller, few games and no other informations. Goog job Sony, good job. I don’t know i should cry or laugh.

josiahpsn 21 February, 2013 @ 10:05 am   199

All great stuff, but Remote play above all else has left a bitter taste in my mouth when it comes to Sony’s dealings with its Playstation arm over the years, were these clips just more “tech demoes” regarding remote play? or are we witnessing the start of something great – sony finally bridging the gap between what they “promise” and what they actually deliver, because thus far in my mind, Remote Play holds top spot in being the most undelivered/unfulfilled feature of the Playstation experience.

Wow the Vita could be good!!! Unfortunately thus far, it’s custodians have seemed to have grossly missed how to utilise it, I’m so hoping the PS4 will change all that, and in particular, bring about the true birth of ubiquitous and fully functional Remote Play.

Quirex2097 21 February, 2013 @ 10:14 am   200

Where is RemotePlay for PS3 (for retail games)?

dark_angel69 21 February, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   201

@double0doh
Even if Naughty Dog does have Uncharted 4 in development, it makes sense for them to not show it. They haven’t released The Last of Us yet. It would steal the excitement away from it if they announced Uncharted 4. Perhaps after when The Last of Us has been released, in E3 they could announce their game for PS4

mazegami 21 February, 2013 @ 2:43 pm   202

@182 hayzink. I meant I was hoping versus would come out on ps4 (no issue of backwards compatibility) however im not surprised they’re not giving us any backwards compatibility, ps3 started it by not playing ps2 games and ps4′s gonna be even more strict… it was one thing I used to love about my ps, but at least I can still play my old games (got ps2 and 3 set up next to each other, 4 will just have to go next to them :p) I just hope the rumours on banning used games dont amount to anything or I’ll actually have to think before buying ps4 haha. Take note sony, NEVER had to think about buying one of your consoles until recently. I’m only half tempted for the vita, which I find sad but when there’s only like 2 games I want to play on it (one of which is also on 3ds which I already own) I just dont see the point yet.

mazegami 21 February, 2013 @ 2:53 pm   203

Only just managed to watch a bit on the specs… not sure about the look of the controller, but then I like the “fat” consoles and chunky controllers, ones that if they fall on the floor it doesn’t matter (and ive had the same controller since I got my ps3 round about when it came out). Worried it’ll be too fragile, especially touchpad… and is the light bar on the controller replacing move? Does this mean we’ll need the sensor bar for every game?! Cause if I want the console to know where I am, I have Wii for that.

M_ABDUL-MALIK_M 21 February, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   204

حلو السوني بس اشاءالله يصر رخيص مينل 3000الاف ينزل2000

steelpoet1974 21 February, 2013 @ 4:07 pm   205

brillient cant wait but i will wait a year or tw till it drops in price, cant wait very imprssive

Saint2Sinner1089 21 February, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   206

Sony why did u do all dis just 2 tell us its real no pics nd no games wit disks just streaming

Immortal-Wolf-- 22 February, 2013 @ 5:33 am   207

i seen the ps4 and the talk sony playstation had but we gamers have conserns about what sony playstation had said gaming should be are own ? but that isn’t true is it as are game saves are not are own anymore are accounts are not are own anymore iv lost 2 psn accounts spending money on them these accounts are permatly banned for fake reports against me Immortal_Wolf Immoratal-Wolf- both spent over 300 pounds on both are gone by sony playstation ya lose all games / game data and can’t redownload the games.