Posted 1:20am

Announcing Killzone: Shadow Fall for PlayStation 4

KillZone Wall

Today we are happy we can finally show you what we have been working on.

It has been an amazing journey for us so far, being offered the opportunity to be a launch title for the new PlayStation, and the subsequent mild panic to figure out how to best handle all of that. But being able to now share it with you is both a scary and proud moment. We are hoping you will like what we have created, and are happy to present you with the first glimpse of Killzone Shadow Fall.

KillzoneKillZone Blast 4

The piece of live gameplay we presented at the PlayStation Meeting 2013 shows you a new world, a new situation and a new hero.

The game is set in a near future, 30 years after the events of Killzone 3. The world is a very different place; two rival factions known as the Helghast and the Vektans live side by side in a futuristic city, divided by a vast wall.

KillZone Blast 3

Tensions are high, and the cold war they are embroiled in is about to go hot. In the midst of this all stands a Shadow Marshal, you. The most special of the special forces, tasked with maintaining the delicate balance.

From responding to bold attacks, to quiet infiltrations or all out combat, you will be required to adapt and think on your feet as you have to face a variety of escalating events that could destroy your home world.

KillZone Flying

We are looking forward to sharing some more of the exciting events and features that we have been working on. Keep your eyes out for more news soon.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

23 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

And to think that Yesterday I got the platinum trophy in KZ3… The very same day a new Killzone game gets announced, awesome news!!

I seriously hope this is a launch title

Stonesthrow 21 February, 2013 @ 3:06 am   2

Herman and co, once again putting the Dutch lands on the map :p Stunning as always guys! Easily one of my alltime favorite series and very ecstatic to see it going back to Vekta, atleast I think it is? Awesome to see some of that Killzone beauty in a less dark environment again. The wait will be hard..

This game will be mine.

I saw the footage: AMAZING
No really you guys are amazing.
You can already count one copy as sold, mine.
Crysis 3 PC footage looks bad compered to what you did..and you have still at least 9 months till release do do better.
Crazy.

You are the best, really the best.

Once I saw the Guerrilla Games logo come on I knew that it would be great. I look forward to seeing more of Killzone Shadow Fall, because that gameplay made my bottom jaw drop it was that amazing.

Looks fantastic. I just hope the FOV is much better/wider than it was in KZ3 where it was truly atrocious to the point of being almost game-breaking.

That bit in that flying ship looked like i was watching the Star Wars movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P (the newer ones) AMAZING!!! :P I CAN’T WAIT!!! ;) (Sorry for shouting! i just can’t contain my excitement for this game & the PS4!) :D

dark_angel69 21 February, 2013 @ 11:05 am   8

The moment the video started to play, you guys BLEW MY MIND!! The graphics was amazing!! Was really hoping for a new Killzone to appear on the show. I told my mates I had a feeling it will be on. All of them said naw no way it will but..I was right!! :D Not only you blew my mind but even some of my XBox friends was very impressed with this. I failed to get them into the PS3 but you may have succeed in getting them into PS4. Well that depends on what they think of Micorsoft anyway.

Looks amazing!

residentSteve 21 February, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   10

Looking forward to this took me a while to like killzone loved the 3rd one, two not so much and I never finished the 1st game.

EggersTownVille 21 February, 2013 @ 2:19 pm   11

Looks freaking beautiful !

Very much looking forward to playing this game.

I hope it will support ps3 move control, that’s what i use for KZ3 multiplayer.

I’m impressed.

obiadekanobi1980 21 February, 2013 @ 5:27 pm   13

very nice, making me get 1 day 1 if its out with the playstation 4 (ahh its nice to finally say that and know its actually comming at last!!)

PS: when can we watch these vids on youtube as the quality of the live feed was very poor due to the sheer number of ppl trying to watch, the stuttering was hard work!! so please at least put up the whole awesome event ASAP please guys.

Oh and thank you for the PS4 but my major worry is my account i dont want to lose anything from the hundreds of pounds ive spent on the store, i cant trade the stuff so i at least want confermation that ALL your goods carry over to use…..

another_gamer195 21 February, 2013 @ 8:37 pm   14

Ahh, i was wondering why the original killzone, done in HD. Still looked a lot like, erm the original killzone. obviously you’s have all been preoccupied working on this, really had to be The worst HD remake i had bought, But am Not complaining, (honest), as the game still played on my ps3. Better than rooting out/wiring up the ps2 any day. wonder if i still have one, (ps2), been that long. Anyway i liked what i seen about This title, and looking forward to seeing if it looks like it did when i can catch a better quality recap of the reveal.. as above say the stutter and buffering were kinda bad last night.. am off to search net now to try and find clearer info/footage. Can’t help but imagine how much a PS4 game will cost, as the ps3s lifespan is far from over, and somehow i just can’t see either ps3 games dropping in price, or (obviously) ps4 ones costing same as 3s. another very important (imo) question i haven’t seen getting either asked or (lol) answered.

BiGsMoO7ke 21 February, 2013 @ 11:21 pm   15

This looks awesome :)

ExtremeGamer1995 22 February, 2013 @ 12:29 am   16

The footage they showed looked great but, I don’t know. It just doesn’t look amazing, probably more to do with the style

AlexAtkinUK 22 February, 2013 @ 2:54 am   17

I’m unconvinced that the final game will look like this for one big reason, the screenshots linked are at 3840 x 2160.

I don’t care how customised this hardware is, no way its going to be rendering at that resolution with these graphics. That leaves a big question of if any of the demos were even running on real hardware.

I would like to believe it, but you have burned us before with “simulated” demos.

vonhammer 22 February, 2013 @ 3:40 am   18

@AlexAtkinUK

Confirmed 1080p/30 fps.It was running live because they live uploaded via the Share button.

brian_brookneal 22 February, 2013 @ 3:41 am   19

Is it true that you can’t take a PS4 game to game stop and trade it for a used PS4 game because it will not work in the system?

da_teamkilla 22 February, 2013 @ 11:47 am   20

@brian_brookneal

No, those were rumours. Sony already confirmed the ps4 will support used games.

tiago-kun 22 February, 2013 @ 9:55 pm   21

This looks pretty amazing, the setting, the action. All great stuff!

But I have to point out something that I thought funny, the cloaked helghast, the one that is on the screenshot above looks like he has a plastic white mustache :P

masry2512001 26 February, 2013 @ 10:41 am   22

it will be awesome

masry2512001 26 February, 2013 @ 10:42 am   23

im waiting ps4 very much :)