Posted 1:00pm

PlayStation Plus: Your March update

Hi everyone! It’s that time of the month again where we update you on all the new PlayStation Plus updates coming your way in March.

There are three new PS3 game and two for PS Vita in the line-up for March, as well as awesome titles such as F1 Race Stars, Quantum Conundrum and Wipeout 2048 that are already available.

Coming soon on PlayStation 3
We are very happy to announce that as of 6th March, for one month only, you can download acclaimed action RPG Mass Effect 3 as part of your PlayStation Plus subscription!

Developed by the very talented team at Bioware, this title completes the franchise in stunning form. The game plunges you into an all-out galactic war to take back earth from a terrifying enemy. It’s truly a first class RPG experience so make sure you check it out.

And if that’s not enough Mass Effect action for you, we’ve teamed up with our friends at publisher EA to offer great discounts on both Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, for both Plus members and standard users. We’ll confirm details shortly.

Also dropping into the service on 6th March is the beautifully designed fighter Dead or Alive 5 from Tecmo Koei.

Featuring a range of game modes, the game picks up two years after the destruction of the tri- tower – headquarters and symbol of DOATEC. Helena Douglas has begun the task of rebuilding DOATEC, this time with the aim of using its technology for peaceful ends. Now in the same position once held by her father, Helena has announced that she intends to hold the fifth Dead or Alive tournament.

Your final PS3 offering for the month is the incredibly fun Joe Danger 2: The Movie. Picking up where the chart-topping, award-winning original left off, JD2 takes the world’s most determined stuntman to Hollywood. You’ll have to out run an avalanche as a skiing secret agent, take on laser spewing robots whilst flying a jetpack, or even become a water-skiing, sky-diving, quad-biking, dinosaur-dodging jungle adventurer.

Coming soon on PS Vita
First up for PS Vita on 13th March is Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Bundling together the second and third games in Hideo Kojima’s beloved series, this is surely the definitive handheld Metal Gear experience, boasting well over 30 hours of gameplay.

And last but certainly not least, on 20th March addictive puzzle platform title Puddle will join the PS Vita service. Conserve as much liquid as possible when crossing a variety of obstacles such as burning passageways, carnivorous plants and electric currents as you guide a puddle of fluid through 49 levels using the system’s rear touch pad and tilt functionality.

Puddle on PS Vita

As usual, over the coming weeks you can also expect exclusive PS Plus discounts on lots of other products, including discounts on Dead or Alive 5 and Big Sky Infinity DLC. From 27th February we also have a 40% discount on the brilliant Far Cry 3 courtesy of our friends at Ubisoft, and we’ll also be offering you the Dust 514 Starter Pack DLC for free for two weeks! We’ll update you on these offers and more in the weekly Store posts.

In summary
Leaving PS Plus in March:

Entering PS Plus in March:

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about the Instant Game Collection, which gives members access to at least 14 games at any one time and up to 65 games across the course of a 12 month subscription – all for a one-off payment of just £39.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

452 Comments 80 Author replies
Show oldest first

DrakeThief90 22 February, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   1

Sweeet can’t wait for the influx of ME3 players, shame I got it at X-mas though:( Also Joe Danger is soooo sick, beet wanting that for ages and was bout to buy it!! Anyway keep up the good work:D

Wow!

Both MGS HD games?? That’s amazing

Okay, so that’s a bit of a spectacular set of games for one month. Good work.

Amazing! THX!!!!

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 22 February, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   6

Scroll down the post slowly and it’s like opening on a Christmas present. :)

Another great month! Kingdoms of Amalur for April??!

Chris Howe 22 February, 2013 @ 1:21 pm

We are looking at this title for various reasons but it might be quite difficult to strike a deal, but we will see

R_a_z_i_e_l 22 February, 2013 @ 1:05 pm   8

Son Of A…I Bought MGSHD like a week ago, Serves me right for buying PSN Games. Also Puddle ? meh pretty average month for Vita Owners.

Wow, very nice and varied update.

DrakeThief90 22 February, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   10

Will there be a discount of ME3 DLC?

No discount on Mass Effect 1?

PFC_Hudson 22 February, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   12

Wow! Mas Effect 3 (PS3) & Metal Gear HD (Vita). I dodged a bullet there as those were 2 games I very nearly bought recently

PS+ has saved me a fortune lately

Cheers guys!

Mostly titles I already own. Dang, just signed up for three months of Plus as well.

“First up for PS Vita on 13th March is Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.”

Just requesting that you make the HD Collection and each separate title available for download for people who own one but not the other so they don’t have to redownload both (as the HD Collection is one big package).

“And if that’s not enough Mass Effect action for you, we’ve teamed up with our friends at publisher EA to offer great discounts on both Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, for both Plus members and standard users.”

Shouldn’t this be Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2?

Chris Howe 22 February, 2013 @ 1:23 pm

These discounts are not just for Plus members they are for all PSN users so it gives them the opportunity to purchase ME2 and ME3 at a discounted price.

As above unfortuantely we were not able to secure a discount on ME1

irish-sid 22 February, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   14

Huge month, haven’t played any of these!

Jamesyp00 22 February, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   15

If you can snag some massive discounts on ME2 and ME1 digitally then i may trade in my boxed ones.
DoA 5 is one of those games iv’e been eyeing up for a while and never bought, pretty awesome to have it on this.
Can’t wait for my new 500gb ps3 in march now to fill with all this :)

Chris Howe 22 February, 2013 @ 1:24 pm

There will be a discount on ME2 from the 6th March for 1 week only…more details to come

Alex-1124 22 February, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   16

Geez, what a month! Will Resistance Burning Skies be joining PS+ anytime soon or am I safe to buy it without worry?

laticspieman 22 February, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   17

I am extremely excited for Joe Danger and MGS collection. However I literally bought mass effect 3 last week and haven’t had time to play it yet. However does mass effect 3 come with the online pass because if it does then that’s not too bad as I bought it second hand.

Two amazing months in a row!

Is there any chance Australia will get Mortal Kombat for the PS3 and Vita on PS+ now that it has been classified? The other regions can get Gotham City Imposters and LEGO Batman to be fair – win, win for all!

Okay… I was hoping for a good month but this is probably the best month EVER – and I’ve been Plus member since day 1. 5/5 stars for this blog post! Heck, I’d give even more if it was possible.

Why not PS3 version of MGS HD Collection? -.-

pinkplaybunny 22 February, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   21

Ah well I have Mass Effect 3, but it is truely awesome for anyone that doesn’t have it yet. Will Mass Effect 1 be given any discount? I would also pick up Omega if discounted as i thought it a bit expensive and i believe there is a new single player dlc due out soon.

I’d like to try Joe Danger so thats good to get and i never played the original Metal gear games so will look forward to putting my vita to good use there.

Nightmare966 22 February, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   22

How do you keep this going on!? The awesome sales, the awesome IGC. I’m serious when I say I’m going to have a gaming meltdown lol

It’s certainly an awesome month, just as Fred said. Props to you Chris, this keeps getting better and better and every month I feel like it’s my birthday :P

Dr-abdulelah 22 February, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   23

Chris can i tell you somthing
Chris you are the best
amazing month

Finallygotit_Pom 22 February, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   24

Wow !!!!!!!!! I was thinking of ME2 this time and there you go…

blade1003605 22 February, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   25

Wow. Just wow.

Amazing job, guys!

cosmic_uk 22 February, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   26

Chris, your link to MGS Collection is for the PS3 version (includes 3 games, not the Vita’s 2).

You need to link this

You’re welcome ;)

This will be really good month. Good job!

Is it possible for you to bring God Of War collection volume 2 for April? I mean it would make sense as God of War:Ascension is releasing soon.

NikeJustDoItNike 22 February, 2013 @ 1:15 pm   29

Wish MGS HD collection was for PS3.

TheArmedSackboy 22 February, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   30

Awesome, haven’t got any of these. Been wanting ME3 for a while, and DOA is neat. Joe Danger isn’t as… exciting for me but I’ll certainly give it a try.

Just wondering, will we get the Final Fantasy discounts like NA got last month? I wanna get FF VI… and possibly VII.

Chris Howe 22 February, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

we had a Final Fantasy sale a few weeks back where both those titles were included so they will not be on sale anytime soon I’m afraid

Dear Chris,

This is a surprise after surprise (PS4 announcement). As someone said one of the best month.

One question though. My PS+ is soon expiring and I’m planning to subscribe for 1year subscription ( plus 3 months free) but my only concern is If this will be carried forward to PS4 or not.

Chris Howe 22 February, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

We do not have any details around that side of things yet but you don’t have to worry about your Plus subscription

Chris you are so much better then the previous what-is-his-name PS+ guy :)

It shouldn’t have surprised me that the first RPG via Plus is the most “shooterish” one, that exists. ;)

But really an amazing content. The Fighter genre isn’t really mine, but for some (dirty) reason I might give DoA a try, haha.

Chris Howe 22 February, 2013 @ 1:37 pm

The great thing about DoA is that it has a story too so not just a typical fighter. Its also coming out on VITA very soon with cross play functionality

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS3, please. Feeling a bit short changed as a long time Plus member – best stuff going to Vita

Why does the EU PS+ get great retail games for free such as Mass Effect 3, the MGS Collection and Dead or Alive 5 while the US PS+ gets small PSN games that no one has heard about?

NostrobotUK 22 February, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   36

Please guys, PLEASE, can you add the rest of the EU countries to the store? It really hurts to see that everyone can enjoy PSPlus except us! Please :(

By the way, I am from Malta.

Nemeth050506 22 February, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   37

Best PS+ Update ever

MonkeyBrainsToo 22 February, 2013 @ 1:18 pm   38

WOW, second month in a row that I don’t already have any of the content. I have also just bought a Vita, so plenty to keep me going here. Thanks guys.

CloudBelmont 22 February, 2013 @ 1:18 pm   39

Holy! MGS and Dead Or Alive? Awesome job Sony. Keep this best things for PS4!!!

Oh my, oh my, oh my. Really tasty goodies there. To be honest, almost the only ones I considered buying recently, especially MGS (as I look at it now, it’s actually good it wasn’t discounted for Vita birthday, cause I’d buy it back then).
But a couple of questions – will there be discounts for DLC as well? And as some people mentioned, shouldn’t it be about discounts for ME 1 & 2 (instead of 2 and 3)?
Now the only thing left for me is to pray that Mass Effect 3 will be full English version (can anyone check it/confirm it?), because if it’s something like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I’m going to cry. Really, really hard (polish versions are like… Bad. Very bad. Or even worse. Sometimes 5 year old kid could do better with Google Translate)

Chris Howe 22 February, 2013 @ 1:40 pm

As above there will not be any discounts on the ME3 DLC I am afraid but there will be discounts on a couple of packs for Dead or Alive 5.

The discounts for Mass Effect are correct, there will nto be a discount on ME1 but the discounts for ME2 and 3 and not just for Plus they are for all

Brill I have Mass Effect 3 and MGS HD but I can sell them both now.

wow, this month is as amazing as last month!

AshesArise 22 February, 2013 @ 1:18 pm   43

Shame it wasnt mass effect 1, ive only ever played half of that. The rest aint really my taste, guess ill have to wait until april.

S-o-h-a-i-l 22 February, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   44

Great update !

Can we please have Okami HD & Raganork Odysee considered for next month Chris ?

Everton4life 22 February, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   45

That right there is why I am a PS+ subscriber. Will be busy next month with my downloads. Outstanding.

quasivasi 22 February, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   46

PS+? Best money I ever spent gaming related! Bravo!

NostrobotUK 22 February, 2013 @ 1:23 pm   47

Continuing what I said in message #36:

The PS3 has been out for seven years now, and a lot of EU PlayStation fans, from countries who do not have access sto the store who are still not able to use PSN Store / PSN Plus legitimately (without making a fake account). This means that:

1. We cannot make use of DLC that comes included with games we buy

2. We cannot buy additional game DLC

3. We cannot buy games that are released only in the PSN Store

4. We cannot make use of the PSN Plus service which is excellent

When will you add the rest of the EU countries to the PSN Store, if at all? Please, let’s get rid to the “Sorry but this service is not available to your country or region” once for all.

A reply would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris Howe 22 February, 2013 @ 1:41 pm

I will speak to the store team and see if there are any plans for more countries to be added in the near future

Is Metal Gear Solid HD Ps3 compatable or is iut just a vita title?

Jestersoil 22 February, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   49

Joe Danger 2 and Dead Or Alive 5 for me! already own Mass Effect 3!
great update guys! though i wish MGS HD was for ps3 too…

thezooniverse 22 February, 2013 @ 1:26 pm   50

Will my Mass Effect 3 disc saves work with this digital version? I already own everything except puddle and doa5 but still a great update to those who don’t.

Load all