Posted 22 February

Ratchet & Clank: QForce PS Vita update

Ratchet

We recently posted regarding the delayed release of Ratchet & Clank: QForce on PS Vita.

As announced, the PS Vita version of the game is now due in Spring 2013. The reason for this delay is to give the developer time to create the best portable Ratchet & Clank experience possible.

For those of you who have purchased the PS3 version of the game and are waiting for your PS Vita entitlement, we want to make it up to you as best we can. And so we’ll be offering MotorStorm RC as a free download to all who purchased Ratchet & Clank: QForce for the PS3 system.

You’ll receive a download voucher for MotorStorm RC via email before the end of February, which will be valid for 60 days.

In addition to the above, we will also now be offering you a free download of Ratchet: Gladiator for PS3 when it releases on PS Store. We will update on when this will be available, and how we will provide access to this content at a later date.

We really appreciate your patience and are aiming to announce a specific release date for R&C: QForce on PS Vita as soon as possible.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

117 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

Nightmare966 22 February, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   1

Now, I like it when you guys take a listen to your users and react. I know sometimes it’s not possible, but I’m happy to hear all this.

I don’t have QForce, but good news nonetheless. Thanks for the update Ross :)

HectorLG25 22 February, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   2

This is fantastic news, thank you! But one question: I bought Q Force a couple of months back now, just before Christmas but am still yet to play it. I remember there being a deadline put in place for the free Motorstorm, but as I already had it I didn’t see the point in opening it just for a game download I already owned. Does this mean I now will not get Gladiator either, or will the deadline for playing the game be pushed back a little further?

Ross Alexander 22 February, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

Hi Hector,
    The way we calculate who is eligible is by tracking who’s played the PS3 version of Q&C: QForce online. We’ll be doing another data collection for R&C: Gladiator, and at that stage we’ll work out who’s been online since we distributed MotorStorm RC so you will receive both.
    Thanks,
    Ross

Im in the same situation as HectorLG25, bought QForce on day of release, but didn’t play during the given period as already have Motorstorm R/C. Still have the receipt as proof, but will the online deadline be altered for the Ratchet Gladiator redeem?

Is Ratchet Gladiator on the store as a PS2 classic or a HD rerelease a la Ratchet 1-3?

brother-arms 22 February, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   6

This is awesome news! Thanks guys :)

Question. I have Q-Force, I’ve played abit of it and got a trophy on my account BUT I havnt registered teh disc for my account yet. How would I get these extra games? Do I have to register it to my account to be able to get them for you to know I’ve purchased the game or do you already know from my trophies?

This would mean a lot to know. Thanks :)

Ross Alexander 22 February, 2013 @ 4:29 pm

You’ll need to play the title while connected online via your PSN ID. If you haven’t done so already, we’ll be capturing data for when we give away Gladiator, so at that stage we’ll work out who missed out on RC and make sure they get it as well as Gladiator.

So how will you be able to tell if people own it? I mean I have the disc installed and the Disc Benefits activated to this account. But I have never played Q-Force other then installing it.

Will I qualify?

If you don’t have a Vita you get nothing? I payed the same amount of money as someone that owns a Vita, kinda weird.

Can someone give more details on this?

Ross Alexander 22 February, 2013 @ 4:30 pm

If you don’t have a Vita you’ll still receive R&C: Gladiator for PS3 when it releases on PS Store.

Thank you so much!

Also Bought Qforce on release day, and not played it becouse I wanted to play it on the vita, and as I did already have Motorstorm RC I did not bother, but now it also will include Ratchet: Gladiator for PS3, but will I be too late now to get it?, will put it into my ps3 asap, but I fear I was too late now? :(

This is great news ! Thanks a lot for listening to your fans =)

Excellent news

Thank you very much for 2 free games.

Prem-aka-Prince 22 February, 2013 @ 3:31 pm   13

Hey, you did it! That’s pretty impressive.

Does this offer apply if I purchase QForce now, or am I too late xP?

Ross Alexander 22 February, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

Not too late at all. We’ll be doing another data capture for Gladiator at a later date. Keep an eye on the blog for when this will take place.

I’m in the same situation as a lot of others here… Bought Q-Force, didn’t play it until after the deadline due to me not caring about Motorstorm RC… But now I would really like Deadlocked HD. :/

ryannumber3gamer 22 February, 2013 @ 3:57 pm   16

This is great news R&C Gladiator is one of my favourite R&C games with R&C A crack in time and R&C 3!

That’s more like it SCEE, good job ;)

I picked up Q Force last week at my local Blockbuster which is closing. I activated disc benefits but haven’t played much of it yet. I’m not to bothered about Motorstorm RC as I picked that up in the sale for £2 and change.

But would really like to play Gladiator

By the way welcome back – someone to fight for the corner of weird, quirky and JRPG games ^_^

DoYouLikeMyID 22 February, 2013 @ 3:59 pm   19

WOW! Thanks guys! It seems like you really listen to your fans. :D

So, to break it down… If you buy QForce for the PS3 (Which I did around chistmas) you get:

Ratchet & Clank: QForce (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: QForce (PS Vita)
MotorStorm RC (PS3 & PS Vita) (I already own it, though)
Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked/Gladiator HD (PS3)

That sounds like really great value to me, despite the delay. Can’t wait to play Deadlocked HD on PS3 and QForce on PS Vita ;-)

speaking of emails, when are you going to start sending thed as the end of feb is not far away

extermin8or_ 22 February, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   21

This is awesome news :D

Kerotan_Eater 22 February, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   22

Can you make sure Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection is separated with MGS3 and MGS2 as separate downloads? The file is big and I want to have the ability to chop and change easily with my nearly full 16 gig memory.

Dante_Zero 22 February, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   23

So will this apply to anyone who buys Q-Force between now and it’s launch date or does this only apply to those who have already bought it?.

reel_big_kris 22 February, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   24

Hi!

I’m on the same situation as everyone else. I didn’t activate it because I allready had Motorstorm, however I have just activated it now… Will I still get Ratchet & Clank Gladiator? Because i really would love that!

Many thanks!

Gamesgbkiller 22 February, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   25

Thanks again.

supersmith2500 22 February, 2013 @ 4:12 pm   26

Free Deadlocked/Gladiator HD as well after reading complaints from the last blog? Apology is now fully accepted. Thank you Sony. =)

anunnakid 22 February, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   27

Thanks PSN, Qforce team and Insomniac team!
4 great games for the the price of 20 bucks!
This is why I love Playstation

Good. And when you will listen to forced Singstar thing complaints?

BTHRZeroX 22 February, 2013 @ 4:36 pm   29

Thanks for the response Ross Alexander, Looks like I have to get some play time in then

This has made my day. Thank you SCEE and everybody else.

OrhuN__06 22 February, 2013 @ 4:54 pm   31

OMG i am so ******* happy right now Really thank you SONYYYYY btw love what you did @ the event in new york love the new features of ps4 :D
:D :D

Any word on whether Gladiator will be getting a physical release? My Ratchet and Clank collection is already massive, would love to add another physical one to the shelf.

Hi, great news about the freebies, however I’m worried.

I bought Q Force in December for the PS3, but I wanted it for the Vita, so I put the disc in, did the disc benefit service and obviously got a message about it not being on the store, but the disc was now in my account, so I could download it, when it was available.

I then removed the disc without ever booting it up in the PS3 (so it’s not on my trophy list) and put it away waiting to be able to download the Vita version.

So what parameters, do people need to have met? Because I’ve just redone the disc benefits and it came up “this has already been added to your account”, so is that all you have to do, for you guys to have a record of me owning it? Or will I now need to show proof or purchase from when I bought it.

After reading all the above posts, I connected to an online game, I won (HOW?! I’d never played, I literally had no clue, I just smashed everything I saw and won XD) so I hope that’s me sorted.

OrhuN__06 22 February, 2013 @ 5:08 pm   34

i really dont got it why you don’t even play it once -_- even if you watn it for vita :S

Bloodway92 22 February, 2013 @ 5:12 pm   35

Thank you SCEE for listening us, I’m very happy now

Just bought it, hope for the best. Actually I wanted to buy it until the PS Vita version appears. That was not a mistake, right?

OrhuN, my money, my choice.

I bought the psyical PS3 disc as I own the pysical product of every R&C, but after watching reviews I thought “this will be perfect for a pick up and play game on my Vita”.

End of really.

Can’t speak for others, but I’d hazard a guess I’m not alone with my reasons.

OrhuN__06 22 February, 2013 @ 5:37 pm   38

yeah i understand you prefer to play it on the vita but i mean, at least once to try the game. but like you said your choiche :D

dark_angel69 22 February, 2013 @ 5:40 pm   39

YAHOOO!! Thanks :D You made a lot of gamers happy now. Thanks for listening to the fans!!

OrhuN__06 22 February, 2013 @ 5:43 pm   40

so lets se if i have understand it, i have not played for Motorstorm, but if i have played later or even today, i wil get gladiator right??? Pleas some one awnser :)

Anyone kindly please offer me a code if they already have Motorstorm RC. Please PM me.

@OrhuN__06

That is correct.

Thanx, I love the true Ratchets games. Not so much Q-Force and All 4 One.

SSJVEGETA2007 22 February, 2013 @ 7:53 pm   44

Now that’s better, thank you Sony its very much appreciated

OrhuN__06 22 February, 2013 @ 8:06 pm   45

Dark-Twisted 22 February, 2013 @ 8:25 pm   46

Given your promise, I literally just went and bought this game because I appreciate the awesome extras. Will be playing online to get my name on the list.

Just please tell me I read what you said correctly and I will be entitled? Thanks.

@Dark-Twisted

Check comment 14.

Carnivius_Prime 22 February, 2013 @ 9:00 pm   48

Hm. I have trial of QForce installed on my PS3. I may pay now to unlock it if it means I get Deadlocked as well when it comes out.

I loves Ratchet & Clank games. QForce didn’t hook me at first but it was pretty enjoyable so it’s about time I did paid for the rest of it. Also I really enjoyed All 4 One despite what some people said about it. The co-op multiplayer really helped fill in a void I’ve felt from some games lately and was a lot of fun.

supersmith2500 22 February, 2013 @ 9:12 pm   49

Hi again, will there be a retail version of the Vita version?

Big-Boss528 22 February, 2013 @ 9:15 pm   50

i have a question i traded my R&C Qforce because i was getting the vita version later will the ratchet gladiator be a free download for me still

Load all