Posted 22 February

Ratchet & Clank: QForce PS Vita update

Ratchet

We recently posted regarding the delayed release of Ratchet & Clank: QForce on PS Vita.

As announced, the PS Vita version of the game is now due in Spring 2013. The reason for this delay is to give the developer time to create the best portable Ratchet & Clank experience possible.

For those of you who have purchased the PS3 version of the game and are waiting for your PS Vita entitlement, we want to make it up to you as best we can. And so we’ll be offering MotorStorm RC as a free download to all who purchased Ratchet & Clank: QForce for the PS3 system.

You’ll receive a download voucher for MotorStorm RC via email before the end of February, which will be valid for 60 days.

In addition to the above, we will also now be offering you a free download of Ratchet: Gladiator for PS3 when it releases on PS Store. We will update on when this will be available, and how we will provide access to this content at a later date.

We really appreciate your patience and are aiming to announce a specific release date for R&C: QForce on PS Vita as soon as possible.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

117 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

Nightmare966 22 February, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   1

Now, I like it when you guys take a listen to your users and react. I know sometimes it’s not possible, but I’m happy to hear all this.

I don’t have QForce, but good news nonetheless. Thanks for the update Ross :)

HectorLG25 22 February, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   2

This is fantastic news, thank you! But one question: I bought Q Force a couple of months back now, just before Christmas but am still yet to play it. I remember there being a deadline put in place for the free Motorstorm, but as I already had it I didn’t see the point in opening it just for a game download I already owned. Does this mean I now will not get Gladiator either, or will the deadline for playing the game be pushed back a little further?

Ross Alexander 22 February, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

Hi Hector,
    The way we calculate who is eligible is by tracking who’s played the PS3 version of Q&C: QForce online. We’ll be doing another data collection for R&C: Gladiator, and at that stage we’ll work out who’s been online since we distributed MotorStorm RC so you will receive both.
    Thanks,
    Ross

Im in the same situation as HectorLG25, bought QForce on day of release, but didn’t play during the given period as already have Motorstorm R/C. Still have the receipt as proof, but will the online deadline be altered for the Ratchet Gladiator redeem?

Is Ratchet Gladiator on the store as a PS2 classic or a HD rerelease a la Ratchet 1-3?

brother-arms 22 February, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   6

This is awesome news! Thanks guys :)

Question. I have Q-Force, I’ve played abit of it and got a trophy on my account BUT I havnt registered teh disc for my account yet. How would I get these extra games? Do I have to register it to my account to be able to get them for you to know I’ve purchased the game or do you already know from my trophies?

This would mean a lot to know. Thanks :)

Ross Alexander 22 February, 2013 @ 4:29 pm

You’ll need to play the title while connected online via your PSN ID. If you haven’t done so already, we’ll be capturing data for when we give away Gladiator, so at that stage we’ll work out who missed out on RC and make sure they get it as well as Gladiator.

So how will you be able to tell if people own it? I mean I have the disc installed and the Disc Benefits activated to this account. But I have never played Q-Force other then installing it.

Will I qualify?

If you don’t have a Vita you get nothing? I payed the same amount of money as someone that owns a Vita, kinda weird.

Can someone give more details on this?

Ross Alexander 22 February, 2013 @ 4:30 pm

If you don’t have a Vita you’ll still receive R&C: Gladiator for PS3 when it releases on PS Store.

Thank you so much!

Also Bought Qforce on release day, and not played it becouse I wanted to play it on the vita, and as I did already have Motorstorm RC I did not bother, but now it also will include Ratchet: Gladiator for PS3, but will I be too late now to get it?, will put it into my ps3 asap, but I fear I was too late now? :(

This is great news ! Thanks a lot for listening to your fans =)

Excellent news

Thank you very much for 2 free games.

Prem-aka-Prince 22 February, 2013 @ 3:31 pm   13

Hey, you did it! That’s pretty impressive.

Does this offer apply if I purchase QForce now, or am I too late xP?

Ross Alexander 22 February, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

Not too late at all. We’ll be doing another data capture for Gladiator at a later date. Keep an eye on the blog for when this will take place.

I’m in the same situation as a lot of others here… Bought Q-Force, didn’t play it until after the deadline due to me not caring about Motorstorm RC… But now I would really like Deadlocked HD. :/

ryannumber3gamer 22 February, 2013 @ 3:57 pm   16

This is great news R&C Gladiator is one of my favourite R&C games with R&C A crack in time and R&C 3!

That’s more like it SCEE, good job ;)

I picked up Q Force last week at my local Blockbuster which is closing. I activated disc benefits but haven’t played much of it yet. I’m not to bothered about Motorstorm RC as I picked that up in the sale for £2 and change.

But would really like to play Gladiator

By the way welcome back – someone to fight for the corner of weird, quirky and JRPG games ^_^

DoYouLikeMyID 22 February, 2013 @ 3:59 pm   19

WOW! Thanks guys! It seems like you really listen to your fans. :D

So, to break it down… If you buy QForce for the PS3 (Which I did around chistmas) you get:

Ratchet & Clank: QForce (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: QForce (PS Vita)
MotorStorm RC (PS3 & PS Vita) (I already own it, though)
Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked/Gladiator HD (PS3)

That sounds like really great value to me, despite the delay. Can’t wait to play Deadlocked HD on PS3 and QForce on PS Vita ;-)

speaking of emails, when are you going to start sending thed as the end of feb is not far away

extermin8or_ 22 February, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   21

This is awesome news :D

Kerotan_Eater 22 February, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   22

Can you make sure Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection is separated with MGS3 and MGS2 as separate downloads? The file is big and I want to have the ability to chop and change easily with my nearly full 16 gig memory.

Dante_Zero 22 February, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   23

So will this apply to anyone who buys Q-Force between now and it’s launch date or does this only apply to those who have already bought it?.

reel_big_kris 22 February, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   24

Hi!

I’m on the same situation as everyone else. I didn’t activate it because I allready had Motorstorm, however I have just activated it now… Will I still get Ratchet & Clank Gladiator? Because i really would love that!

Many thanks!

Gamesgbkiller 22 February, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   25

Thanks again.

supersmith2500 22 February, 2013 @ 4:12 pm   26

Free Deadlocked/Gladiator HD as well after reading complaints from the last blog? Apology is now fully accepted. Thank you Sony. =)

anunnakid 22 February, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   27

Thanks PSN, Qforce team and Insomniac team!
4 great games for the the price of 20 bucks!
This is why I love Playstation

Good. And when you will listen to forced Singstar thing complaints?

BTHRZeroX 22 February, 2013 @ 4:36 pm   29

Thanks for the response Ross Alexander, Looks like I have to get some play time in then

This has made my day. Thank you SCEE and everybody else.

OrhuN__06 22 February, 2013 @ 4:54 pm   31

OMG i am so ******* happy right now Really thank you SONYYYYY btw love what you did @ the event in new york love the new features of ps4 :D
:D :D

Any word on whether Gladiator will be getting a physical release? My Ratchet and Clank collection is already massive, would love to add another physical one to the shelf.

Hi, great news about the freebies, however I’m worried.

I bought Q Force in December for the PS3, but I wanted it for the Vita, so I put the disc in, did the disc benefit service and obviously got a message about it not being on the store, but the disc was now in my account, so I could download it, when it was available.

I then removed the disc without ever booting it up in the PS3 (so it’s not on my trophy list) and put it away waiting to be able to download the Vita version.

So what parameters, do people need to have met? Because I’ve just redone the disc benefits and it came up “this has already been added to your account”, so is that all you have to do, for you guys to have a record of me owning it? Or will I now need to show proof or purchase from when I bought it.

After reading all the above posts, I connected to an online game, I won (HOW?! I’d never played, I literally had no clue, I just smashed everything I saw and won XD) so I hope that’s me sorted.

OrhuN__06 22 February, 2013 @ 5:08 pm   34

i really dont got it why you don’t even play it once -_- even if you watn it for vita :S

Bloodway92 22 February, 2013 @ 5:12 pm   35

Thank you SCEE for listening us, I’m very happy now

Just bought it, hope for the best. Actually I wanted to buy it until the PS Vita version appears. That was not a mistake, right?

OrhuN, my money, my choice.

I bought the psyical PS3 disc as I own the pysical product of every R&C, but after watching reviews I thought “this will be perfect for a pick up and play game on my Vita”.

End of really.

Can’t speak for others, but I’d hazard a guess I’m not alone with my reasons.

OrhuN__06 22 February, 2013 @ 5:37 pm   38

yeah i understand you prefer to play it on the vita but i mean, at least once to try the game. but like you said your choiche :D

dark_angel69 22 February, 2013 @ 5:40 pm   39

YAHOOO!! Thanks :D You made a lot of gamers happy now. Thanks for listening to the fans!!

OrhuN__06 22 February, 2013 @ 5:43 pm   40

so lets se if i have understand it, i have not played for Motorstorm, but if i have played later or even today, i wil get gladiator right??? Pleas some one awnser :)

Anyone kindly please offer me a code if they already have Motorstorm RC. Please PM me.

@OrhuN__06

That is correct.

Thanx, I love the true Ratchets games. Not so much Q-Force and All 4 One.

SSJVEGETA2007 22 February, 2013 @ 7:53 pm   44

Now that’s better, thank you Sony its very much appreciated

OrhuN__06 22 February, 2013 @ 8:06 pm   45

Dark-Twisted 22 February, 2013 @ 8:25 pm   46

Given your promise, I literally just went and bought this game because I appreciate the awesome extras. Will be playing online to get my name on the list.

Just please tell me I read what you said correctly and I will be entitled? Thanks.

@Dark-Twisted

Check comment 14.

Carnivius_Prime 22 February, 2013 @ 9:00 pm   48

Hm. I have trial of QForce installed on my PS3. I may pay now to unlock it if it means I get Deadlocked as well when it comes out.

I loves Ratchet & Clank games. QForce didn’t hook me at first but it was pretty enjoyable so it’s about time I did paid for the rest of it. Also I really enjoyed All 4 One despite what some people said about it. The co-op multiplayer really helped fill in a void I’ve felt from some games lately and was a lot of fun.

supersmith2500 22 February, 2013 @ 9:12 pm   49

Hi again, will there be a retail version of the Vita version?

Big-Boss528 22 February, 2013 @ 9:15 pm   50

i have a question i traded my R&C Qforce because i was getting the vita version later will the ratchet gladiator be a free download for me still

BladeOfTheSand 22 February, 2013 @ 9:16 pm   51

Do we need to play online? I’ve completed the main campain and the console was online. Is that enough?

WCamicase 22 February, 2013 @ 9:25 pm   52

I have the game and finished it already but I never played an online match
Is that a problem? Should I run to my PS3 and play online?

RoaringMdog18 22 February, 2013 @ 9:30 pm   53

Just to be clear , the only thing you need to have done to recieve the freebies is having played Qforce while being connected to PSN right?

kiekkoleijona 22 February, 2013 @ 9:52 pm   54

Did i understarnd right, that i can still get Ratchet: Gladiator even if i don’t own R&C: QForce?

TrueMaggot 22 February, 2013 @ 11:03 pm   55

I bought this game day one and I’ve played it a lot. I’m almost at the platinum! I’ve played a few matches online but not a whole lot, and I haven’t really lately because it’s annoying to get the internet hooked up to my ps3 in my dorm. I didn’t get an email for Motorstorm, so will I still be able to get Ratchet: Deadlocked (Gladiator for you guys)?

SwingerE11 22 February, 2013 @ 11:18 pm   56

I already played on the 8th of Feb for RC, do I have to play again to qualify for gladiators HD?

Keitaro004 23 February, 2013 @ 12:49 am   57

This is fantastic, great costumer service. I really hoped we would get Gladiator. And now, it’s finally true!!! My rage has ended, I give you my respect. Kudos

JohnVani18 23 February, 2013 @ 1:54 am   58

Do all the countries of Europe get that voucher?
Thanks!

AMTreasure 23 February, 2013 @ 7:16 am   59

Is this spring in northern hemisphere or spring southern hemisphere?

cthulhu85 23 February, 2013 @ 7:19 am   60

Will you apply for this if you’ve been logged into your SEN/PSN account while playing the game singleplayer? I’m not much of a multiplayer person, but I would assume as long as I’ve started the game while being online that’s enough?

portable18 23 February, 2013 @ 9:06 am   61

Now this is why I love you guys. Microsoft should take a note. I’ll buy PS4 Day 1 , not sure about next Xbox tbh… Thank you.

Ricky2935 23 February, 2013 @ 9:45 am   62

received my code today… halas…the code did not work for motorstorm

RoaringMdog18 23 February, 2013 @ 10:25 am   63

So i recieved my code for Motorstorm , but i have already bought the game when i got my vita. Is it alright if i give the code away to someone or is that frowned upon?

So not only do we get a great game (Q Force) but another great HD remake free? Sounds excellent. Thank you.

Still can’t wait to play Q Force on Vita, though. Seems perfectly designed for it.

Hey I got the code, it seems that I didn’t need to play online but only to be online while playing the game!
Do I need to play the game again for Gladiator or I’m already on the list?

did you put this sign in -, that might be your issue but also thank you for everyone metioning the code, got my code as well and dowlaoding it on ps3 as i speak.

Lightning_Panter 23 February, 2013 @ 1:23 pm   67

Thank you for listening to your fans Sony/SCEE.
Glad to see that you actually read these things and consider what we say!

Regards.

silmorat1 23 February, 2013 @ 2:21 pm   68

Thankyou for giving us what was the right thing to do (was not a good move to give the USA the better offer) and as promised,in the previous blog, I have ordered the game from amazon yesterday for £10.85

Stonesthrow 23 February, 2013 @ 3:52 pm   69

That’s great! Hoping to see a new traditional R&C soon!

Already have Motorstorm RC, anyway its nice to see Sony caring about us.

RatchetBoy10 23 February, 2013 @ 7:38 pm   71

I also have an importnat question

I have Ratchet and Clank Q-Force as well as the R&C: Collection and Motorstorm RC.

Will I be eligible for it?

OrhuN__06 24 February, 2013 @ 1:46 pm   72

i think ( Hope ) Gladiator will be also online playable

BladeOfTheSand 24 February, 2013 @ 11:26 pm   73

I still haven’t recieved the email

ps_maxout 25 February, 2013 @ 1:38 am   74

probs a bit late, but i brought ages ago, activated the disc with PSN for Q-force Vita and only played online today, am i to late?

GUNGUM201 25 February, 2013 @ 8:21 am   75

nice

jacula97PL 25 February, 2013 @ 8:08 pm   76

I had internet turned ON on my ps3 while i was playing Ratchet&Clank:Q-force, campagin idk. if multi , but watch my thropies or last game played or i do a photo, because i last played this game 31 December 2012 (31.12.2012) , so SONY should know that , why i don’t get still Motorstorm RC and I will get also R&C Gladiator or no … ?
btw. or I may wait to the end of February ?

PLS ANSWAR ON MY Questions IT’S VERY IMPORTANT!
P.S: I hope i will get these games otherwise give reason why not, thank you in advance and again pls answer SONY or Ross Alexander – European Product Manager, SCEE, bye :)

Robotic_Rooster 26 February, 2013 @ 9:08 am   77

It’s nice to see things like this.

Question: I have purchased and played Full Frontal Assault while connect to PSN a few days after launch , but have only played single player, will i qualify?

I tried to redeem my code earlier, despite already owning Motorstorm RC. I got a “code already redeemed” error even though it showed me what the code contained and asked me if I wanted to proceed. I am trying to use the code in case it is a requirement to be eligible for R&C: Gladiator. Can you put my mind at ease and tell me that that is not the case and the R&C: Gladiator codes will be distributed separately? Or do I need to chase up with customer services and get a new code in order to still get R&C: Gladiator?

Original23 27 February, 2013 @ 1:42 pm   79

So what about those of us who only have a Vita and have been eagerly awaiting this game and haven’t even had a chance to play it due to not having a PS3? Do we just get nothing yeah whilst those who can play it on PS3 get free stuff? Good thinking Sony….

dark_angel69 27 February, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   80

I still don’t have my code. :( Can you look into this please

CodemanPSX 28 February, 2013 @ 5:20 am   81

I’ve bought and played Q Force online but I still don’t have my code.

Maybe tomorrow we’ll see…

I went online and played the game for a while after i read it would be required to receive MotorstormRC. Its the last day in February and i still haven’t gotten any mail with my redeem code. What do you advice i do to get it?

Alex_d9796 28 February, 2013 @ 6:19 pm   83

Hi I still didn’t got my code for Motorstorm RC…

orzelek69_PL 28 February, 2013 @ 7:25 pm   84

me too. I still didn’t get a voucher :/

TheHeliuM 28 February, 2013 @ 7:39 pm   85

So do i. Still missing a code for motorstorm
and of course want to have a voucher for Gladiator :/

ducky1549 28 February, 2013 @ 8:55 pm   86

I also bought and played this game online and off for a bit(got boring after a while doing the same thing over and over again though) and still no code for motorstorm.

I cant wait.its been a long time since I played Gladiator

Robotic_Rooster 1 March, 2013 @ 7:31 am   88

Still haven’t got a code…

ROBYER1 1 March, 2013 @ 11:37 am   89

Still haven’t received my code :/

allscar 1 March, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   90

@Ross Alexander
Your last post was on the 22nd, telling us what those of us who qualify would get by the last day in February which was yesterday. Its the 1st of March and a few of us have posted that we didn’t get any vouchers via email.
Please comment.
Thanks.

x92rwzb 1 March, 2013 @ 1:03 pm   91

when is the ratchet gladiator thing going to take place because I missed the motorstorm rc and i am a huge ratchet and clank fan so I seriously dont want to miss this one too so please answer quick!

annorax 1 March, 2013 @ 5:54 pm   92

I haven’t received my code either. i didn’t know about the other game until i read about it today. you would think they would make it more obvious to those who don’t follow the blog, that there’s something else made available.

ZOMBIE-REAPA 1 March, 2013 @ 5:58 pm   93

I bought the game at launch and played online since the purchase but I havn’t got the email with the code. Is there a delay with the emailing??

xGz-uNcHa1tEdwAr 1 March, 2013 @ 6:28 pm   94

I have purchased Ratchet and Clank Q Force for the PS3 and you said we would get Motorstorm RC before the end of February and I still haven’t had a code for it. Any help?

x92rwzb 1 March, 2013 @ 7:54 pm   95

I just want to know when to play for earning ratchet gladiator!

skells22 1 March, 2013 @ 9:36 pm   96

I think for those that have no code you might to go on the fourms and say, for gladiator we are waiting on a date for that game before we can have anthoer data check

x92rwzb 2 March, 2013 @ 8:16 am   97

Still no code for motorstorm rc=(

FalleN-AnJeL 2 March, 2013 @ 9:40 am   98

I’m still waiting for the code! i bought the game day one to support your team but i didn’t recive the code for MC yet!

x92rwzb 2 March, 2013 @ 12:50 pm   99

Please sony or Ross Alexander tell me when is ratchet gladiator going to come out?

HANDZY 3 March, 2013 @ 12:49 am   100

I have completed the game in January so I should Have gotten a code however I’m still waiting any news when we are getting them

dark_angel69 3 March, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   101

It’s now the 3rd of March and still no code. :( What’s going on?

orzelek69_PL 3 March, 2013 @ 3:50 pm   102

SuperFastZombie wrote:

You will have to contact Support to get this one sorted. As far as im aware there have been no problems with the majority of these codes so this is likely a mistake in not sending you one.

R&C Gladiator!
Now it seems more fair! Thanks for listening to our complains!
Keep up the good job!

SwingerE11 4 March, 2013 @ 6:10 pm   104

I didn’t get a code for motorstorm
Does that mean I can’t get it? I did play QForce and I’ve been waiting for the vita version.

x92rwzb 4 March, 2013 @ 8:48 pm   105

Let’s be serious.Motorstorm RC won’t come out because if it would come out it had to be done by now

Alex_d9796 5 March, 2013 @ 4:41 pm   106

So the only thing we can do is call the support?

cyber_marco 6 March, 2013 @ 1:55 pm   107

Still nothing, I haven’t received any email for Motorstorm RC…

Still no email.

allscar 11 March, 2013 @ 12:22 pm   109

I contacted PSN support sometime last week to complain about the situation and the promised to look into it for me. A few minutes ago i got a missed call on my phone then followed by an email asking me to contact them. I then called them back and after a few security questions the guy gave me my download code for motorstrom RC immediately over the phone.
I’ve now put in the code on both vita and ps3 and downloading as i type.

marchie-g 12 March, 2013 @ 10:54 am   110

I phoned sony 2 fridays ago and got a ref number off them. So I phoned them back yesterday, and was told that there were on it but it is in a que and if I get them to re assess it will put me to the bottom que. Not very helpful.

hayzink 12 March, 2013 @ 10:57 am   111

Not fussed about getting my code for motorstorm just looking forward to gladiator :)

Unlocked a trophy and played an online game (in feb) on qforce so I’m guessing that’s enough to be counted.

cyber_marco 12 March, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   112

For those who haven’t received the M:RC code yet.

I contacted Playstation support (assistenza@playstation.it for my region, just use google to find the equivalent of your country) and informed them regarding my situation.

I bought the game on 25/02 and played online for the whole week. After waiting till 06/03 I sent them an email explaining my situation. They replied the day after asking for personal data, account details etc. so they could investigate on the matter.

To cut a long story short, I just received my code through email today. So to everyone who is still waiting for the code, just contact Playstation support and they’ll get through your problem.

Cheers!

jac3k5 14 March, 2013 @ 8:40 am   113

@cyber_marco
Thanks, I forgot about it. Gonna email supportnow.

I bet same will be with Gladiator.

Latiran 18 March, 2013 @ 2:15 am   114

Very nice :)

Bth_Portugal 18 March, 2013 @ 10:28 pm   115

Thanks Sony for listening us (the fans who we’re complaining :) ) about the Ratchet Gladiator thing, but I have a question… So, I bought the Ps3 (digital) version of Ratchet QForce (just the ps3 version), so, will I have Gladiator as well? Please Reply!

Dark-Karma-611 18 March, 2013 @ 11:37 pm   116

I got an email today (18th) with a code for motorstorm rc. I did not complain to them about not receiving it (already had the game), so there must have been a big backlog that they are now getting through.

I got my code yesterday evening as well, but I actually phoned the support in the morning and they passed the case to the psn service.