Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 11:01am

The PlayStation Blog recap

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Phew, what a week that was. Unless you’ve just emerged into the daylight after a fortnight’s spelunking holiday, you no doubt will have caught our PlayStation 4 announcement. There’s a huge amount of information to digest, so now’s the time to catch up on anything you might have missed – take a look at the full reading list below. And remember, if you haven’t watched the event yet, you can still do so right here.

While it was certainly the major focus of the week, the PS4 event wasn’t the only significant happening on planet PlayStation in the past seven days. We also unveiled which games are coming to PS Plus in March, and I hope you’ll agree it’s another rock-solid month for our subscription service.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and we’ll see you back here tomorrow.

Playstation EU

• Say hello to PlayStation 4 – The curtain is lifted on the future of gaming. Here’s your rundown on the news from PlayStation Meeting 2013 in New York.
  • Weekend Essentials – Top off a great week in games by checking out our selection of the hottest titles out on PS3 and PS Vita.
  • 10 of the Best: PlayStation minis – Have you discovered the minis range on PlayStation Store yet? Check out our selection of bite-sized gaming treats for PS3, PS Vita and PSP right now.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

28 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first

can i say thank you for the motorstorm RC game that i got yesterday via the free code, now just waiting on any update with the Qforce game for vita as it just 3 weeks before Spring comes and we do not want any more miss dates

Russian-Man2004 24 February, 2013 @ 11:55 am   2

Mmm? Real??

So pumped for the PS4!! I’m gonna be waiting ’til midnight for the release for sure! Plus I’m suggesting my family and friends do the same ;)

I envisage 2014 is going to KICK ASS!

if i were to buy the same game for both ps3 and ps4 would i be able to platinum it twice?

Fred Dutton 25 February, 2013 @ 9:04 am

Alas, we can’t confirm those sorts of details right now. Look out for more info over the coming months.

ragnarok odysee = great game + skyrim dlc

star wars zen pinbal 2 dlc next week
rest = wait terraria – soul sacrefice
puting mony asite to buy ps4

i dislike blops 2 2xp event = lagging like hel
when i have 75 % wiffi = play best
nowh i have 89-96 % +350000 online players = hell ( 4 x kicking out of psn )

i hope to see other abo on ps4 ( more % on games + cloud save +- 3gb , i not need free games ore i wil not buy enimore games in fear of free some time after )

dark_angel69 24 February, 2013 @ 12:24 pm   6

I never got my code for MotorStorm that we get free with Q Force. Is it still early days or will i need to join the multiplayer again to ensure I get it?

Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite & God of War Ascension

Are they going to be available on PSN as day 1 digital ?!?!?

Hexahedronaut 24 February, 2013 @ 1:46 pm   8

Hey so I don’t know where to ask this…. so I’ve decided to start renting movies from the store, started with skyfall (SD) brilliant quality/good price/small download. I was wondering if you could confirm if these titles will be added next update

Frankenweenie
Paranormal activity 4

?

Hey, I’m a bit curious about when there will be a price drop on Catherine on PSN. Currently it’s about 87 USD here, and when I checked the US PSN pricing and it were available for 19.99 USD, so there should be a price drop on it soon shouldn’t it?

Fred Dutton 25 February, 2013 @ 9:06 am

Nothing that I know of – any price drop would be up to the game’s publisher Deep Silver.

PIREDERAS 24 February, 2013 @ 2:55 pm   10

I just hope the PS4 turns out to be reasonably priced when it is finally released, because not everyone can afford to pay €600 for just the console (like what happened with the initial PS3 release).

Nevertheless, thank you for PS Plus. March is going to be one of the best PS Plus months so far!

Nightmare966 24 February, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   11

Yup, I’m really thrilled for the PS4, it corrects the PS3′s bigger flaws for me — Downloads that must be interrupted when executing certain software, lots of patches, lack of demos for some games… There are really good ideas there and I hope the console ends up delivering. Too bad for the BC though. I hoped Sony could pull out a premium model, or something. But I still have my PS3 (and PS2/PSX!) here, so shouldn’t be a problem. For now :P

I also hope that the lessened costs about which Yoshida has talked can be reflected on the games prices (as well as the money they have to invest on patches and the such). Even if they cost 10€/$ less, that’s a start.

[To be continued]

Nightmare966 24 February, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   12

Back to the recap, I’m also glad we get Mass Effect 3, DOA5 and MGS HD. ME3 I wanted to try out, always. DOA5 is here on my shelf, but I’m glad I can get some digital copies so I can play through my games more easily — and this guarantees me more playtime for DOA5, which I absolutelly love. Only if Namco submitted SC5 and we got ot for Plus now… :P And I can finally get some backstory for Raiden, after playing through Revengeance. I’ll gladly play these games.

Too bad there is no Weekend Playlist this week, but oh well, busy weeks! Looking forward this Spring, which looks great for gaming — starting with DOA5+ :D

Fred Dutton 25 February, 2013 @ 9:08 am

Happy to hear you’re excited! Sorry there was no Playlist this week. I was in airports coming back from the PS4 event and just couldn’t get it together in time. It will return this weekend!

to the one that has not got the code yet, just keep checking your email, it will turn up.

Good to hear about PS4, The Witness and Diablo III, would have nice to have heard more on the non-gaming side though.

I hope Sony have learned from this gen that wasting a companies potential is bad for business, I am referring to Studio Output and only allowing them to make themes and avatars, It wouldn’t surprise me if there were a few game developers amongst them.

declan__watson 24 February, 2013 @ 5:44 pm   15

Good Evening Fred
And hello fellow PlayStation gamers and as every other week fantastic blog recap and weekend debate fred so PSfour the topic of the week. Like I said in the weekend debate “What a show” it was just fantastic liked the old PSone tune for Andrew House coming onto the stage brought back wonderful memories for me, I think the new controller is cool with the touch pad, ps move motion bar and I liked the new PSEyeToy but the best thing I loved about the night was the games announced. Killzone Shadow Fall, Infamous Second son and DriveClub which I have to say is a game which after 15 years (5 years of modeling, planning and 10 years as a concept at Evolution studios) is a game worth waiting that long, reminded me of Gran turismo too. Like I also said in the weekend debate and in the post by Mr Tretton of SCEA I already have my christmas present ready. ;)
I enjoyed every bit of the show though, cant wait for backwards compatibility, ps4 games on vita and games for our smartphones and tablets (which sony had created until microsoft copyed them). Enjoy the rest of your weekend fred see you next time. :)

dividsmythe 24 February, 2013 @ 7:37 pm   16

What a fantastic week to a PS lover. I got my Ps4 on preorder. I’ve had my money in the bank for over 12 months now. I’m also saving for a Sony 4ktv. I really hope it comes to all of us in E.U. this year. As we are the main stay for Sony console’s. The end of this year is going top be the best.

RossyWilson 24 February, 2013 @ 7:41 pm   17

What a week indeed.

Spam_the_Insane 25 February, 2013 @ 4:46 am   18

Any further info on Terraria?

Sooooo excited for it on console!!! PSN access would be crazy!

Fred Dutton 25 February, 2013 @ 9:08 am

As far as I know it’s still coming. I don’t have anything more concrete I’m afraid.

spiritbender777 25 February, 2013 @ 5:13 am   19

So Looking forward to the ps4! it’s going to be epic number 1 title for me is DIABLO 4 (PS4 version) Also am looking forward to playing dead or alive 5! on playstation plus :) well done sony! :)

blops 2 = i get probation
why = not mi foult i get after latest update lag like hel + can not play 1 match !!!! i never get out of game more then 1 x in row

Dr-abdulelah 25 February, 2013 @ 8:03 am   21

i have question Fred
are you plan to add live steam feature to youtube app of ps vita

Dynamenos21 25 February, 2013 @ 9:57 am   22

guys the ps4 for me was awesome i love it i hoped that u pushed and the 3d headset u know the thing u put in ur head that was be more like future gaming.and i want to give some idea im playstation fun from childhood i love playstation so… why we dont make the playstation4 my friend? like best buddies why we dont make playstation4 talk?! like i wake up in the morning i say goodmorning playstation or like what is my weight today hows the weather? or what do u think to play today? horror game action ? stuff like that what do u think my idea its good? and the playstation will answer of course this idea can became to reality sry 4 my english pls answer to me thank u playstation. i love playstation and sony i hope that online will be free can u comment on that? about the online? thank u.

Spam_the_Insane

i read date on other consolle =3/4 week of March
littel bit disepointed to .

but then mi internet home wil be better i tink = Belgium download limit = ridiculous , u pay more then france + other contry ( i tink ni no kuni = littel bit to big , lol ) realy hope euo comision gives soon obligation to make limits go away .

35 € moth u stil get limits = grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi Fred, any chance of getting a nice 1080p version of the demos shown at the PS4 reveal last week onto the store? It’s hard to appreciate all of the extra details when watching it on a live stream. I would think the Shadow Fall demo would look particularly good. Cheers.

shapegamer 25 February, 2013 @ 9:08 pm   25

Hi quick question. Will there be any Metal Gear Rising avatars coming in the near future? would love to buy them and rock the new Raiden look on my PSN ID. Thanks in advance.

hi fred … just out of curiosity‎ how can apple sell films,music and apps via its US store worldwide with no ip filter and sony cant?

anyone know if you can connect ps3 via vpn?

evilclown1986 26 February, 2013 @ 11:37 am   27

does anybody know if skyrim dawnguard will be release on ps3 and if yes when if is know

GANTZn00b 27 February, 2013 @ 1:53 pm   28

@evilclown- i just downloaded dawnguard today