The PlayStation Blog recap
Phew, what a week that was. Unless you’ve just emerged into the daylight after a fortnight’s spelunking holiday, you no doubt will have caught our PlayStation 4 announcement. There’s a huge amount of information to digest, so now’s the time to catch up on anything you might have missed – take a look at the full reading list below. And remember, if you haven’t watched the event yet, you can still do so right here.
While it was certainly the major focus of the week, the PS4 event wasn’t the only significant happening on planet PlayStation in the past seven days. We also unveiled which games are coming to PS Plus in March, and I hope you’ll agree it’s another rock-solid month for our subscription service.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and we’ll see you back here tomorrow.
- Video Store update, 18th February 2013 - Three new Video Store releases available this week including Skyfall!
- Community update: Aliens competition, Ni No Kuni tips - All the latest news over on the Official PlayStation Forums.
- Introducing Destiny, the new universe from Bungie - Project director Jason Jones – talks about the creative process behind Destiny, Bungie’s most ambitious project yet.
- Deathmatch Village brings redneck MOBA action to PS3 and PS Vita - Get ready for Deathmatch Village! Check out Bloober Team’s latest free-to-play multiplayer game.
- Sack It To Me: LittleBigPlanet content round-up - LBP’s latest Sack it to Me post featuring a great selection of content across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting.
- Music Unlimited update: Android v1.5.3, HQ Audio and Heart Attack Channel - Check out the newly introduced High Quality Audio, Heart Attack channel and the ever expanding music catalogue.
- Zombie Driver HD: Apocalypse Pack DLC out this week - The Apocalypse Pack, including two awesome cars is now available for Zombie Driver HD.
- Hotline Miami coming soon to PS3 and PS Vita - Stay tuned for more details on when Hotline Miami will be available on PS 3 & PS Vita!
- PlayStation Home update: Spunland - Your weekly PS Home update.
- Six weeks of free PlayStation Mobile gaming – update 6 - The final week of the PS Mobile New Year giveaway – hope you’ve enjoyed all the games!
- Heads-up’ PlayStation Store update 20th February 2013 - Crysis 3, Persona 4 and a Sly Cooper demo headline this week’s Store update.
- PlayStation Meeting 2013 livestream - Relive the excitement of PlayStation Meeting 2013 – the presentation is replaying here.
- Jonathan Blow’s The Witness coming to PlayStation 4 - Braid creator Jonathan Blow is bringing his new title, The Witness, to PlayStation 4.
- Knack – A brand new platformer for PlayStation 4 - Knack will take advantage of everything that PlayStation 4 supports, from the graphics capabilities of the platform to the physics simulation necessary to handle a very unique hero.
- Destiny coming to PlayStation 4 - Destiny is being developed for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, with both versions available at Destiny’s launch. Even better, the PlayStation version of Destiny will feature exclusive in-game content, only available on PlayStation.
- Watch_Dogs coming to PlayStation 4 at launch - Check out a new gameplay demo where you’ll get to that Watch_Dogs will be a game of opportunities and choices; of connections and consequences.
- Exclusive to PlayStation 4: DRIVECLUB - MotorStorm developer Evolution will make its PlayStation 4 debut with Driveclub.
- inFAMOUS: Second Son announced for PlayStation 4 - Sucker Punch is very pleased to introduce you to Delsin Rowe, and their new title Second Son!
- Announcing Killzone: Shadow Fall for PlayStation 4 - The game is set in a near future, 30 years after the events of Killzone 3. The world is a very different place; two rival factions known as the Helghast and the Vektans live side by side in a futuristic city, divided by a vast wall.
- Diablo III is coming to PlayStation - Diablo III is coming to PlayStation 3 and 4 with redeveloped interface, controls, and camera so that the traditional Diablo hack-and-slash, loot-collecting, dungeon-crawl feels natural and fun with a controller in your hands..
- PlayStation 4 developers: the shape of things to come - As we prepared for today’s PlayStation Meeting, we asked some of the top game designers in the world to share their inspirations and ambitions for PlayStation 4.
- DualShock 4 revealed: pushing the boundaries of play - DualShock 4, the new wireless controller, combines with PlayStation 4 to deliver new gameplay experiences that have never been possible before.
- PlayStation Meeting 2013: The future of gaming is here with PlayStation 4 - SCEA’s President & CEO Jack Tretton recaps everything you need to know about PlayStation 4.
- Go deeper into the world of Defiance with the Ark Hunter Chronicles - Watch the first of 7 Ark Hunter Chronicles, an animated digital comic series. These chronicles follow the same trio of Ark Hunters as they battle and survive through a world transformed by alien life.
- VidZone update: Fabulous fun following fresh artists - Artist of the Week Justin Timberlake headlines this week’s update.
- PlayStation Plus: Your March update - There are three new PS3 games and two for PS Vita in the line-up for March, as well as awesome titles such as F1 Race Stars, Quantum Conundrum and Wipeout 2048 that are already available.
- Ratchet & Clank: QForce PS Vita update - EU Ratchet & Clank: QForce owners awaiting the PS Vita release will now receive R&C: Gladiator AND Motorstorm RC.
- The Weekend Debate: PlayStation 4 – your thoughts - Weigh in for a shot at a download voucher for When Vikings Attack! Complete Edition.
- Say hello to PlayStation 4 – The curtain is lifted on the future of gaming. Here’s your rundown on the news from PlayStation Meeting 2013 in New York.
- Weekend Essentials – Top off a great week in games by checking out our selection of the hottest titles out on PS3 and PS Vita.
- 10 of the Best: PlayStation minis – Have you discovered the minis range on PlayStation Store yet? Check out our selection of bite-sized gaming treats for PS3, PS Vita and PSP right now.