Posted 3:00pm

Star Wars Pinball releases tomorrow on PSN!

Star Wars Pinball

Star Wars Pinball is releasing tomorrow as DLC for Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation Network for PS3 and PS Vita as Cross-Buy entitled content! This first pack of tables will cost £7.99/€9.99. If you have not yet downloaded Zen Pinball 2, we invite you to do so now – the download is free, and will give you access to the Star Wars tables which you can even demo to make sure you like the game!

The first set of tables includes Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Here is what you can expect from The Clone Wars table, set to release in just a few short hours!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars table embraces the striking artistic style and energy of the series and is a perfect fit for a high energy pinball table. The incredible art, momentous light saber battles, and exhilarating action that makes the series so enjoyable translates naturally into an amazing pinball experience. Check out the trailer to see the table in action!

Set between the events of the Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars pinball table features Anakin Skywalker and his apprentice, Ahsoka Tano, both represented as 3D characters, as well as Asajj Ventress, Savage Opress and battle Droids. The table would not be complete without a Republic attack gunship, which is especially spectacular when the table is played in 3D.

SWP_Clone_Wars_Playfield Art

To start the main table missions, light the lamps on the center of the playfield that spell out “Council” by shooting the left and right ramps on the table. After spelling the words, the ramp’s right front side will lower, providing a path to the hole to activate the main missions.

SWP_Clone_Wars_Weapons Factory

We look forward to hearing your thoughts once you have been able to play Star Wars Pinball! Please share your experiences right here on the PlayStation Blog or on the Zen Studios Facebook, Twitter or Forums.

May the Force be with you.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

The only disturbance in my force is that I lack the funds to purchase until friday, then my balance will be restored.

martinjh99 26 February, 2013 @ 3:34 pm   2

*Groan* – Nice looking piball table there too – Look forward to playing it… :D

@martinjh99

I thought my joke was rather good.

Only 3 tables for 8 euro? That’s a steep price hike!
Looking forward to 2 tables but HATE The Clone Wars. Is there any way to only buy the Empire strikes back and Boba Fett table?
Any price cut on the current tables? The US had a deal in December.

Bobby Loertscher 26 February, 2013 @ 3:54 pm

No sales that I’m aware of, and sorry, no way to purchase individually either. I haven’t seen much of the Clone Wars series, but I was surprised when I spent so much time playing that table, it really is a lot of fun! :)

nakano1987 26 February, 2013 @ 3:52 pm   5

A special offer would certainly be nice for some Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball arcade tables. Would probably buy then.

I guess i am like most real Star Wars fans i.e i just really want the Original Trilogy Film Star Wars Tables :P I will get this tho, it still looks COOL ;)

Bobby Loertscher 26 February, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

Totally understandable! We wanted to include a variety that would appeal to every kind of Star Wars fan, I think our team struck a nice balance with this pack :)

+ if SONY are listening – One thing that is putting me off getting anything off PSN now is that i can’t move my PSN games to the new PS4??? :-( I hope maybe there will be a way in the future, you never know;)

maximalcheetor 26 February, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   8

@OttoT

With regards to the price, these tables will have cost Zen Studios more than any others to produce. While the Marvel ones would have only involved character licenses, the Star Wars tables needed the Star Wars licence, clearance to use the actors likenesses, have footage from the films and they all feature sound from the movies and TV series as well and all those costs add up.

Bearing in mind the fact that they all use the voices from the original cast, and all the official sound effects, I would have expected this to cost a lot more so it’s an absolute bargain and fantastic at this price!

Farsight Studios had to do a Kickstarter campaign to do the Twilight Zone table for Pinball Arcade and that was just to get the license and it was still £3.99 for one table so this is incredible value for money. Kudos to Zen Studios on this one!

Aces73High 26 February, 2013 @ 5:06 pm   9

I’ve been really looking forward to this DLC – particularly the Empire Strikes Back table! Roll on Wednesday.

SMOKIN_WEED_1986 26 February, 2013 @ 5:14 pm   10

Do they play pinball in a galaxy far far away… du dudu danadadad da da da da etc. will there ever be a star wars online game for ps3 or 4 like the pc mmorpg? I really want to chop stuff up with my friends and lightsabers and not have to play it on my pc.

i wil buy , but also not fan of the Clone Wars

MrChilliBeer 26 February, 2013 @ 7:11 pm   12

This is great! Glad these are coming out.

Bit miffed about the price though, in the past all your 4 packs have cost £7.99 and now we’re only getting 3. I can only assuming it’s either down to the licensing costs associated with Star Wars or the opposite, that you feel more can be charged because of the franchise association.

I know a lot of people will feel the same way, which is a shame, given the excellent pedigree of Zen Studios tables.

Looking forward to playing these tomorrow night, but I was hoping they’d be available individually. Can’t help thinking the Star Wars, Empire and Jedi tables have purposely been split across the 3 bundles to ensure maximum sales.

swcoruscant 26 February, 2013 @ 8:55 pm   14

I’ve got limited space on my memory card… how much space would this plus the actual game take up?

JesseDeya 27 February, 2013 @ 5:51 am   15

So… it’s the 27th and I don’t see it anywhere in the Australian store.

What gives?

GANTZn00b 27 February, 2013 @ 8:32 am   16

day 1 buy here like all zen tables, thanks for the good fun Zen Studios

Yes the prices are creeping up, original individual tables are £1.99, newer tables £2.39 and now 3 for £7.99. The tables are great though there’s no denying that. I currently have 14 tables so far, not including the new star wars ones there are 14 more tables to get. If possible I would appreciate some sort of sale on your older tables please? As I would love to have them all but my funds are limited.

Go on please please please?

It’s a shame Zen is forcing me to buy a table I don’t care for. This is not consumer friendly. The licences are at Disney who also have the Avengers and those tables are cheaper altough it was a blockbuster movie and here we have only one movie franchise, one character franchise and one crappy kiddy tv show. Very dispointed in how you treat your customers.
Maybe a 10% Plus discount could eas the pain?

I’ve been checking the store from time to time all morning waiting for these to go on, as much as I love playing pinball I’m not actually that good, so early buying is the chance I get to be in the hundreds on the leaderboards, even if it is only for a short time ;)

@ Bobby Loertscher, are Zen studios going to be developing for the PS4?

GANTZn00b 27 February, 2013 @ 1:45 pm   20

i just played all 3 star wars tables, and despite not liking the clone wars cartoon much either i enjoyed the clone table most of the trio, but all tables are awesome, just wanted to let you know not to hesitate with ampurchase, pinball has different rules than tv :D

The plan worked, on my first go on the Empire table I’m ranked 189th out of just over 2500 players. It won’t last long though….

GANTZn00b 27 February, 2013 @ 2:00 pm   22

it sure wont , always wondering how people pull of those insane high top scores on the leaderboeards…

silmorat1 28 February, 2013 @ 4:31 pm   23

The star wars table is on android for £1.32

silmorat1 28 February, 2013 @ 4:39 pm   24

So all 3 tables for under £4 and playable on loads of android devices or £7.99 to play on PS3 and Vita……decisions

sixxdogg68 2 March, 2013 @ 11:05 pm   25

Shame to hear there will be no sales on the other tables available on Zen Pinball 2. Thought it might have been a good move seeing that the star wars tables are very impressive – even as others have suggested a discount for PS Plus members would be a great.