Posted 11:00am

BioShock Infinite – pre-order offers for PS Plus and non-Plus members

Bioshock

Hi everyone. As I’m sure you are aware, BioShock Infinite will be gracing our consoles soon for some more high quality first person shooter action and we’ve teamed up with the team at 2K Games to bring you some great pre-order offers to whet your appetite!

Secondly, PlayStation Plus members will receive 10% off the Season Pass price from today until the launch of BioShock Infinite on 26th March.

Finally, from launch day, PlayStation Plus members who pre order BioShock Infinite will get the following in game pre-order incentives:

• Custom Shotgun
  • Custom Sniper
  • 3x Tonics
  • Additional in-game money for free for one week after launch

The pre-order goes live today once the store has been updated and will run right up until launch so you have approximately a month to take advantage of these offers.

If you are currently not a PlayStation Plus member and want to take advantage of these offers then visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about the Instant Game Collection, which gives members access to at least 14 games at any one time and up to 65 games across the course of a 12 month subscription – all for a one-off payment of just £39.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

41 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

Will God of War and Tomb Raider be available day one in the store?

RoaringMdog18 27 February, 2013 @ 11:04 am   2

Quick question about Infinite. A while ago i read somthing about a offer where you get Bioshock 1 for free with Bioshock Infinite. Is that offer also valid in europe?

RagingAvatar 27 February, 2013 @ 11:05 am   3

What price will it be? Hopefully less than £50..

Artemisthemp 27 February, 2013 @ 11:06 am   4

I was wondering, if EU also will get exclusive theme, if they pre-order Atelier Ayesha (Like US does)

Nightmare966 27 February, 2013 @ 11:08 am   5

Before going onto the topic: Was this what Fred teased yesterday on Twitter? :P

On-topic now: A great iniciative I’m hoping you guys can also bring in more titles that are coming soon. Now, I don’t know how good this one is since I’ve never played BioShcok in first place (I just can’t :P), but the idea is a nice one, certainly :D

It’s a shame the digital price will, most likely, be as ridiculous as every other digital release on PSN

Will the price be close to the physical disc price (£39.99) or will it be the standard digital price (£49.99)?

@RoaringMdog18

“Firstly, everyone who pre-orders BioShock Infinite through the PlayStation Store will automatically be given the first BioShock as a free gift on delivery of BioShock Infinite.”

Huh, no mention of price.

RoaringMdog18 27 February, 2013 @ 11:17 am   10

@lee-77

Wow , i totally read over that >< Thanks. I was talking about the disc copy's though.

TINTINTB303 27 February, 2013 @ 11:19 am   11

@ RoaringMdog18

Read the blog post.

The answer you crave is in there!! ;-)

How much for the Season Pass?

TINTINTB303 27 February, 2013 @ 11:21 am   13

@ RoaringMdog18

I believe the disc copy also contains Bioshock 1

S-o-h-a-i-l 27 February, 2013 @ 11:22 am   14

Hey Fred, so sorry to go off topic – but the When Vikings Attack code that the Weekend Debate winners received only gives the DLC for the PS3 version & not the Vita version. I tried downloading it from the PS3 in hopes that this would be enough to unlock the Vita version, but it did not work, and I am asked to pay for the DLC from both the Vita & PS3 Store, even though the PS3 version is on my download list. Many regards, and sorry for going off topic !

Spider-jam 27 February, 2013 @ 11:27 am   15

Any idea how much Infinite will be priced on the store?

Xandrilios 27 February, 2013 @ 11:30 am   16

Is this only applicable to the PS Store version of the Pre-Order? I’d rather own the box…

And the price of this bargain is?

kasasensei 27 February, 2013 @ 11:35 am   18

@adz2k7
There are alternatives, you know…
Bioshock Trilogy 24£, who wants to support overpriced console gaming when you see this?

If you pre-order today….
When exactly do you get Bioshock(1) ?! On 26th March or right now ?

thanks

dark_angel69 27 February, 2013 @ 12:26 pm   20

Omg.. I really wanted BioShock 1. It’s nice to see we get a chance to get it free with Infinite as it was disappointing that the americans get it free with their copy of the game but does it have to be by pre-order on store?

I don’t like downloading full games as I need the space for the PS+ games. I never have space these days :( But would feel loads better and will surely buy it if the offer was also on disc. Is it definitely store only or will a disc copy also get it free?

@TINTINTB303

The deal about getting Bioshock 1 on-disc with Bioshock Infinite was later announced to only apply to North America :(

sterushton 27 February, 2013 @ 12:53 pm   22

Re 20, you can get a second hand copy of Bioshock 1 for a few quid if the disc version is so important.

will buy the game …the plus discount is what many have been asking for in here..so thank you Chris …

@fred any update on skyrim dlc for the saudi/uae store ?

What will be the cost to buy Bioshock through pre-order on the psn store in the Netherlands? I ask this cause the price of Crysis 3 is €69.99 these prices are just crazy.

I would pick going to a store anytime, when confronted with these outrages prices.

Bumblebee 27 February, 2013 @ 2:03 pm   25

“Secondly, PlayStation Plus members will receive 10% off the Season Pass price from today until the launch of BioShock Infinite on 26th March”

I get that you would love our cash up-front, but stopping the 10% discount on the day of release – before we get time to see what the game is like – SUCKS!

I’m hopeful that Bioshock Infinite will be an amazing game – I’ve pre-ordered the Songbird edition so I’ve already put my money where my mouth is once – but after the debacle of Aliens: Colonial Marines, I’m quite wary of judging games before they came out…

Also, wouldn’t it be nice to include a “Season Pass” voucher in some special editions in future? I’m getting frustrated with spending £80-£100 on Special Editions only to be asked for another wodge for the Season Pass…

Finally, to those moaning about Bioshock 1 not being with the BI game; I got sent a code from Game for Bioshock 1 because I had Infinite pre-ordered. And if you REALLY want the disc you can get it dirt cheap now anyway.

Hey Chris,

Still no option on a Bioshock 1 special?
Or maybe even a price drop?

Im not paying the store price for Bioshock 1, its sooooo old…

Im also not planning on pre-ordering Infinite, just to BS1, so that i can play BS2, so i can play BI.

Chris Howe 27 February, 2013 @ 4:16 pm

Sorry no I have been trying but I think their focus has been on Infinite and then obviously this pre order

Unicronic 27 February, 2013 @ 2:39 pm   27

What exactly is the pre-order price?

SamiFFXII 27 February, 2013 @ 2:49 pm   28

The thing is, the PS Vita prices are ok, more in line with retail, however, the PS3 titles especially at launch, are ridiculously priced. If they were in line with say Amazon, then i’d definitely purchase all mine from the PS Store, as i want to switch to digital only. Alas this is not the case, hopefully with the strong emphasis on digital on PS4, they will undercut retailers and really give us incentive to purchase digital versions.

Kotatsu2000 27 February, 2013 @ 6:16 pm   29

PSN price – £49.99
Amazon price – £37.99

When a physical item is vastly cheaper than a download, then you have a broken business model, the sole purpose of which is to ripp off consumers. It’s at best idiotic, but more realistically criminal.

LeChuckie 27 February, 2013 @ 6:28 pm   30

Hi,

I can’t see the 10% discount for the season pass for plus members, from the web store at least.

Why this and GoW are tagged with “ps vita” tag and filled in “PS Vita” category? And why “Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or _PS_Vita_”?

another_gamer195 27 February, 2013 @ 7:02 pm   32

@ vivan000
Apparently GOW-HD is remote play compatable.. which i never knew. i remember a post few months ago saying GOW collection 2 and Ico/SotC were now RP compatable, but it only said collection 2, Not the GOW HD 1+2 (collection1), so i learnt something new today, apparently, ie i don’t believe.
As for this and Chris’s quote being VITA tagged.. i imagine it’s to do with trying to sell, or at least advertise ps-plus more.. as it can be bought via VITA (plus).. Still, i see why your not happy, i mean scee/sony getting peoples hopes up theres fresh VITA games coming, only to dash said hopes with imo ridiculous reasons to tag posts with VITA. It’s almost like they’ve No concern for ordinary people, (hopes).. oh wait, it’s sce-E they don’t (lol).

Voodoo341 27 February, 2013 @ 7:05 pm   33

Let me get this right… you’re expected to pay £49.99 for this and then buy a season pass on top of that as well? There is no justification for that price.

another_gamer195,
I’m not happy because such posts are spamming my rss feed =/
Also I don’t see how it’s possible to buy anything ps3 related using vita’s store, plus it or not.

another_gamer195 27 February, 2013 @ 7:26 pm   35

Have to kinda (sorry Fred) go off topic.. well it IS tagged. VITA.. Why are psp games being grouped with new VITA catagory games in store ?.. yes i know like some ps1 there playable, But they are psp.. ie (far as i know ?.) Do Not come with trophies. Not a major concern for some, But this ‘present’ next gen device is meant to, like modern psn/3 games Allways and only sell games that have them (trophies), i just Hate seeing the VITA Catagory in store having more psp New games than VITA ones, would it be That difficult to keep them Separate.. i mean apart from looking bad, as VITA Only games catagory would look much smaller. perhaps try selling your wares more erm honestly.. you never know, people may actuality like it (lol) And be More inclined to spend more. instead of veiwing the present system believing ‘someone’ Must think i was born yesterday.. lol. used to use a saying that included boats and bananas awhile back, similar meaning to above, but i think it isn’t politically correct anymore.

another_gamer195 27 February, 2013 @ 7:36 pm   36

@ vivan000
That just it though m8, They don’t care about Your inconvenience, IF they can tag anything with VITA to sell or advertise ps-plus discounts, ie use your VITA to buy plus so you get a discount on a PS3 Game, they’ll do it everytime.. advertising their precious plus comes before us ordinary people. You can buy a plus sub on VITA can’t you ?.. can’t 100% recal.

Stonesthrow 28 February, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   37

I’m not getting dlc up front anymore, did it with Max payne and the multiplayer wasn’t as good as I expected.. As for the actual game, I prefer mine tangible as well.

sipsup2011 5 March, 2013 @ 10:12 pm   38

Bioshock Infinite is out for Day 1 digital on PlayStation store. On March 5.

MASPALOMAZ 24 March, 2013 @ 5:57 am   39

I bought this and downloaded both. its a nice feature it already downloaded Infinite even tho I cant start it yet (obviously) until release :)

But I was actually looking forward to play Bioshock 1 in preparation of Infinite. And even that is not possible?? Not nice. Why software pirates get all the benefits always, and we who pay always must wait.

MASPALOMAZ 24 March, 2013 @ 10:30 am   40

Any1 got Bioshock1 to work? I noticed I can download it again in the shop when I search for it… Probably that version would work already today, but I will have to download the 11gb again this way and not sure if it will even work because you cant have two of the same game, right? And it already downloaded the bioshock1 that DOES NOT WORK yet :(

amorules 26 March, 2013 @ 10:28 pm   41

I pre ordered bioshock infinite ps3 from game and I had to contact them on the internet to get the code for the weapon extras got that but no code for bioshock 1 as advertised so in future don’t pre order from game as they say a email will be sent u but nothing arrives so u have contact them yourself for it and it takes ages someone has to have a word with game as they don’t deliver what they promised on pre order so from now on i’m getting games from elsewhere but not game because they are rubbish at what they say and don’t deliver correctly