Posted 3:00pm

Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler out in May – check out the new trailer

Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler

Hello everyone, we’re really pleased to announce that Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler will be crawling its way into shops as of May 2013.

The game is shaping up to be fantastic, and there are several characters we would like to introduce you to. You might be familiar with our hero, Diggs – and here he is in full sleuth mode with our brand new neon art.

Throughout the game, Diggs is up against the Three Little Pigs – a group of highly disorganised police officials in Library City. They aren’t the best at crime-solving, so our hero’s skills are put to the test whilst dealing with their bumbling ways:

Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler

Stay tuned for more on Diggs over the coming weeks – we have a series of developer diaries in the pipeline.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

15 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

tonyXjini 4 March, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   1

Wow! that game really looks something!
if i had a ps3, that was an experience i gladly spent my hard earned cash on.
really with all of what’s happening lately , it seems maybe a ps3 or waiting for ps4 will be a good idea.
i got impressed, my opinion is… nice job! storyline that looks like it will be fun and interesting to play and good way TO play it… that reality book thingy doing a magnificent use.

ChazzH69 4 March, 2013 @ 4:14 pm   2

It looks great, going to try & review this one! My girls enjoyed the trailer. Can’t wait to see more of it!

vonhammer 4 March, 2013 @ 6:55 pm   3

This is the one that interested me. But because I hate the quality of the Eye I could never go out and buy it.

But I do like the idea of a proper point and click AR adventure.

Hope to see a post about this in the NA blog soon, because I really want this one and want to know when it’ll come out there.

Looks great. What news about Untill Dawn?

Fred Dutton 5 March, 2013 @ 9:08 am

No new news at present I’m afraid, other than that the team are working hard on it.

mazegami 5 March, 2013 @ 8:45 am   6

Really liked the look of this but can’t justify buying the eye and a move controller just for this game… especially when it LOOKS good but could be absolutely rubbish.

Artemisthemp 5 March, 2013 @ 9:01 am   7

Any release date on Wonderbook: Walking with Dinosaurs?
That is the only Wonderbook I PT is interested in

TINTINTB303 5 March, 2013 @ 9:31 am   8

Quick question Fred.

Will we be able to use the new camera (being shipped with the PS4) with the PS3??

It would make games that use the god awful ‘eye’ camera a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

I have a feeling I know what your reply is going to be but thought I’d ask just in case your answer is not the one I’m expecting ;-)

Fred Dutton 5 March, 2013 @ 10:20 am

:) I think I’m about to give you the answer you were expecting – I can’t confirm more details about the new camera right now, but we’ll be revealing more in the coming months.

ChazzH69 5 March, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   9

Do you know where I can get new assets for this, the Sony press center site still has the old ones. I want to do a post for it at http://www.psnation.com

Fred Dutton 5 March, 2013 @ 3:10 pm

The latest assets are the ones above. You can grab the images in high-res by clicking through to them on Flickr, and embed the video from YouTube.

Oh, an important question, Fred:

will we be able to use the same book from Book of Spells in Diggs?

Willie699 5 March, 2013 @ 3:56 pm   12

Really impressed by the style of this as well as the use of noir to possibly retell some of our favourite stories. Id imagine that there is large contingent of PS3 users, myself included, that in no way wish to use the wonderbook for themselves or children/siblings. Is there any plans to maybe utilise this IP through a different format, maybe in the same vein of an adventure game a la Walking dead or Sam and Max?

Keep up the good work.

icecrasher_zero 5 March, 2013 @ 4:52 pm   13

Video is deleted.

StefNighthawk 6 March, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   14

@8, as the specs of the PS4 and its camera indicate that the connector is a dedicated one and not USB, the PS4 camera can only be used with the PS4.

detictiveconan 6 March, 2013 @ 2:01 pm   15

Will this come in a bundle with the book? Also will it be available cheaper without the book? (I don’t have a book and don’t want the Harry Potter game but wouldn’t mind trying to make a Book myself if it would save me some money.)