Posted 5 March

Infectious PS3 puzzler Germinator spreads to PS Vita

Lead image Germinator_Gameplay16

Hello again, PlayStation enthusiasts! Scott here from Creat Studios, with an update about our newest game for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, Germinator.

We’re thrilled to let you know that Germinator is available on PS Vita this week. We already launched Germinator for PlayStation 3 back on 13th February 13, and the PS Vita version hits with tomorrow’s Store update, priced at €9.99. Both versions are also bundled for €14.99.

If you do play the game on both platforms, the Cross Save feature will let you save your progress and continue on either platform. We wouldn’t want to hold you back from beating the hardest puzzle levels just because you have to leave the house, would we?

Germinator_VIta_03 Germinator_VIta_02

We’ve designed the PS Vita version to take full advantage of the device’s touchscreen capabilities. You can direct your Germs to shoot by the touch of a fingertip, and activate Germs’ special abilities with a quick swipe. Watch the video and see how it plays:

We’ll have more info, updates and fun new contest giveaways by following us on Twitter @CreatStudios and liking us on Facebook.

This is our first Vita game, and everyone at Creat is really thrilled to finally embrace the platform. As always: we love what we do, and we couldn’t do it without all of you! Please keep sending us your comments and suggestions, and be sure to let us know how you enjoy Germinator.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

30 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first

seldinhio 5 March, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   1

It actually looks pretty sweet/fun.

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 3:19 pm

Thank you, seldinhio! We hope you like it. Please let us know if you check it out and what you think.

Boycey83 5 March, 2013 @ 3:26 pm   2

Will there be a demo/trial version?

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 3:37 pm

There already is one for the PS, Boycey83. You can go get it right now, play it, and tell us how you like it. :-)

CBthe1st 5 March, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   3

This looks really fun. I will pick this up. How much is it in £ please?

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 3:40 pm

Thank you, CBthe1st! The game is £7.99 for either platform, or £11.99 for the bundle. Hope you like it!

RedSquirrel87 5 March, 2013 @ 3:53 pm   4

Not bad, seems really fun :)

P.s.: I read on the USA blog about a second waive of PSVita’s first birthday discounts. Will there be a second wave here in EUR too? Thx

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 3:59 pm

Thanks,! RedSquirrel87 You’ll have to ask Sony about the discounts.

osamah12 5 March, 2013 @ 3:58 pm   5

hi , i’ve tryed the demo on my Ps3 , and it was really good
q1: is the game subbort shared trophies list ?
what it’s cost in out psn store ‘SAUDI ARABIA ‘ ?
and thanks

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 4:09 pm

Thanks for trying the demo, osamah12! Yes, the game does support shared trophies.

Prices other than Euros and Pounds are subject to currency exchanges. We don’t get to control that, sorry.

osamah12 5 March, 2013 @ 3:59 pm   6

hi , i’ve tried the demo on my Ps3 , and it was really good
q1: is the game support shared trophies list ?
what it’s cost in out psn store ‘SAUDI ARABIA ‘

osamah12 5 March, 2013 @ 4:35 pm   7

lol , that is not a problem cuz definitely am going to buy it tomorrow.

FghtOffUrDemons 5 March, 2013 @ 5:36 pm   8

Will check this out, looks like a fun game.
I’ve been playing Lumines on the Vita and it’s got me into puzzle games again.

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 5:42 pm

Thanks so much, FghtOffUrDemons! Please tell us how you like it.

Rytteren 5 March, 2013 @ 5:43 pm   9

yes. im ready. waited for the vitaversion – this is a game i want on the go!

heads up. Mushroom Wars where once more on the “top 25 downloadeble games on psn” by IGN. getting on that sequel train? oh and while im dreaming for great things from you.. dlc for labyrinth legends/vita version?

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

Thanks, Rytteren!

We did release Mushroom Wars on iPad, and there’s lots of talk about what’s next. Sorry I can’t say more until it’s official. Same goes for Labyrinth Legends.

The more you guys demand such things… telling us and Sony, the more likely it is that we’ll get it made. It’s all about justifying the investment, and the more fans speak up, the easier it is to do.

njg1974 5 March, 2013 @ 6:25 pm   10

I bought the ps3 version and misread the store description and was hopping to get both versions…it’s a quality game and addictive and ideal for the vita..will there be a discount for those that bought the ps3 version and how much will the vita version be???

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 6:28 pm

Hi njg1974,

Thanks for buying the PS3 vesion! We hope you are enjoying it.

We figured that there may be a few of you with this situation. Email us at press@creatstudios.com and we’ll help you figure it out.

Podyman 5 March, 2013 @ 6:40 pm   11

Nice game. I would like to support you by buying it, but i made statement that i will not buy anything from PSN Store until we get option to delete hideous and offensive Singstar icon from our PS3 XMB. You can blame SCEE for their ignorance. Bye.

Aces73High 5 March, 2013 @ 7:53 pm   12

I’ll definitely be grabbing Germinator tomorrow. I really liked the look of it when details of the PS3 version were posted here on the blog a couple weeks back, but held out for the Vita edition. I love my Vita and over the past few months, it’s become my favourite system, and handheld weapon of choice. Indeed, my beloved Vita gets more playtime than my PS3, Nintendo Wii, 3DS XL, and iPad combined!

As far as Creat go, I’m definitely a fan of their work. I’ve had a lot of fun with the iOS version of Mushroom Wars recently, but I’d sooooo love a Vita version! While I’m at it, the same goes for Labyrinth Legends! Two great Creat games that I’d love to play on Vita’s gorgeous OLED screen.

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 8:16 pm   13

Thank you very much, Aces73High! If you enjoy the game and want it for both systems, you can pick up the bundle and save some money.

Glad to know that you’re enjoying Mushroom Wars. The more demand we get for a Vita version, the more likely it will happen. Please drop us a note on Facebook and Twitter, where we can track the requests.

As for Labyrinth Legends, we hope to have news soon.

PhantomOfOpera 5 March, 2013 @ 8:34 pm   14

Same here. I purchased the PS3 version on day one nad missed out on the budnle.
I have just emailed you at press@creatstudios.com

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 8:55 pm

Thanks for contacting us, PhantomOfOpera!

Hope you enjoyed the PS3 version.

Grey__Ghost67 5 March, 2013 @ 8:59 pm   15

Hey Scott.

Love Mushroom wars but sadly none of your other games have come to my region (New Zealand). Any news on if they will? Like Labyrinth Legends for example.

Scott Hyman 5 March, 2013 @ 9:01 pm

Grey__Ghost67, I’m happy to let you know that you will start to see more of our titles in your area soon. We’re working now to bring them there.

Germinator will be available in New Zealand on Vita, and we hope to have it out for PS3 soon.

Grey__Ghost67 5 March, 2013 @ 9:06 pm   16

Thanks that’s great news :D Really want Labyrinth Legends and would love to see it on Vita too!

Alter_Nayte 5 March, 2013 @ 11:11 pm   17

Always willing to support the smaller studios and this looks interesting/fun to boot.
As we talking about tomorrow’s update. Is there any word on Ninja Gaiden sigma 2 plus being put on the store? I’ve had pre-orders for the physical version fall through saying they don’t have any copies yet.

Mr-Matt13 6 March, 2013 @ 11:29 am   18

Nice to see the dev giving so much feedback to potential customers.

Screenshots look very good, will probably get this for the Vita.

Cheers.

hayzink 6 March, 2013 @ 1:27 pm   19

I don’t get why the ps3 and vita version share a trophy list if the games not cross buy.

You have to pay to own the games twice so you should be able to earn the trophies twice in that case!
Games like when Vikings attack and ratchet and clank q force share a trophy list but you don’t have to pay extra to get both versions so I understand why they share a list but not this title.

frost-facechilla 6 March, 2013 @ 6:55 pm   20

I bought the bundle today, but the Vita version is throwing up an error, this one in fact…

An error has occurred (C2-12383-7) could not install.

The PS3 version installed just fine. I hope this is something you guys are already aware of and working on? It was the Vita version I was really wanting but bought the bundle because it looked like a good deal for a fun game.

njg1974 6 March, 2013 @ 9:26 pm   21

I got my email Scott and iv been germing on my vita for last 3 hours…infectious is not the word…iv sent messages to people on my friends list recommending germinator…the game deserves to sell well and I’m doing my bit to support you and creatstudios….

I have purchased the bundle pack and when I try to install the vita version I get the error C2-1238-7. Any ideas as to what I need to do?

@frost-facechilla you are not alone. Perhaps I should try installing it from the ps3 to the vita?

frost-facechilla 6 March, 2013 @ 11:42 pm   24

@Drulad I’ve tried that mate using the content manager and still it throws up the same error. I rang Sony Customer Support and they said they’d look into it and get back to me on it in a few days. So I’ll post back if I hear anything more on it.

That didn’t work. Says it could not transfer some of the files and gave same or similar error,

Cheers mate. At least it works on ps3 for now. It is also pretty addictive so it may be best I can’t take it everywhere just now.

infernalmonkey1 7 March, 2013 @ 3:03 am   27

I was hoping to buy this game today, but it seems the game is not out in Australia. =\

I can’t believe how many times I’ve been tricked by the ‘AU’ in listed countries at the top of each article.

TINTINTB303 7 March, 2013 @ 9:21 am   28

@Scott Hyman

I have more bad news with regards the release of the Vita version :-(

The demo says it costs £7.99 as well as an option to buy the game for £7.99.

I know a few people who have been put of buying it as they just don’t know where they stand.

Give the store team a kick up the behind for us!!

spielman77 8 March, 2013 @ 6:35 pm   29

Hello!!!!
I bought the PS3 game on release day believing it was a cross buy since in the game specifications it mentioned so strongly cross play. Then the Vita came out a week after and it feels stupid to pay full price for it, even because there is a bundle price for both. You should have made the bundle offer available from the beginning, it feels like being punished for buying the game on day 1.
I LOVED the game, extremely well done and addictive and i really want if on my Vita as well. I wrote your Company on wednesday but got no reply.

What can we do about it?