Posted 11:00am

Big God of War savings on PS Store this week

GodOfWar sale

We’re very happy to announce that as of today Wednesday 6th March, for one week only, the PlayStation Store is bringing you a minimum of 50% off a range of classic titles from the God of War franchise.

These updates will go live as soon as the store is updated this afternoon and will run until Wednesday 13th March, so take advantage of them while you can. Enjoy!

God of War Collection
Was €29.99/£19.99/AU$39.95, now €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95

God of War Collection Volume II
Was €29.99/£19.99/AU$39.95, now €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95

God of War HD
Was €17.99/£13.99/AU$26.45, now €8.99/£7.29/AU$13.25

God of War II HD
Was €17.99/£13.99/AU$26.45, now €8.99/£7.29/AU$13.25
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

God of War Chains of Olympus (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €17.99/£13.99/AU$26.45, now €8.99/£7.29/AU$13.25
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

God of War Chains of Olympus (PSP) (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.75, now €3.99/£3.19/AU$5.85

God of War Ghost of Sparta
Was €17.99/£13.99/AU$26.45, now €8.99/£7.29/AU$13.25
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

God of War Ghost of Sparta (PSP) (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.75, now €3.99/£3.19/AU$5.85

God of War – Little Big Planet Level Kit
Was €2.99/ £2.39/AU$4.35, now €1.49/£1.19/AU$2.15

God of War Little Big Planet (PS Vita) Level Kit
Was €2.99/ £2.39/AU$4.35, now €1.49/£1.19/AU$2.15
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

God of War Little Big Planet 2 Kratos Costume (not available in Israel, Kuwait, Ukraine)
Was €1.95/£1.59/AU$2.95, now €0.99/£0.79/AU$1.45

God of War Little Big Planet Kratos Costume
Was €1.95/£1.59/AU$2.95, now €0.99/£0.79/AU$1.45

God of War Little Big Planet Kratos Costume
Was €1.95/£1.59/AU$2.95, now €0.99/£0.79/AU$1.45
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

God of War Trilogy Soundtrack (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

114 Comments 36 Author replies
Show oldest first

fauxtronic 6 March, 2013 @ 11:06 am   1

Chris, can you do away with the arbitrary categorizing of Playstation Plus posts? It makes it very difficult to track related posts unless you choose a single word and stick with it. Ross McGrath always filed them under playstation-plus. I never had a single problem isolating Playstation Plus posts all the time he was in charge. My bookmark *always* worked. Now I need about several different bookmarks because you drift between psplus, ps-plus, playstationplus, playstation-plus, etc., depending upon which way the wind is blowing.

This might not seem like a big deal to you, but this blog is heavy on content and many readers are not interested in absolutely everything posted here. If you don’t file these posts using a single term, many of us paying PS+ users will miss PS+ related announcements.

The blog categorizing feature is there to benefit your readers. Use it wisely.

Nightmare966 6 March, 2013 @ 11:07 am   2

That price for GOW Collection II is REALLY tempting me.

Thanks for the update and for the sales Chris :)

BTW, was the sale on DOA5, Big Sky Infinity, and Mass Effect coming today too?

Chris Howe 6 March, 2013 @ 11:18 am

Yes there will be discounts on two DOA5 packs today (What a Character Pack and Uniforms Pack) and Big Sky Infinity Starbits 2,000,000 DLC and Mass Effect 2 will also have 30% off for PSN users and and additional 10% off for Plus members

BIG_MAC-- 6 March, 2013 @ 11:08 am   3

Chris would their be any way of putting previous playstation plus avatars & themes in a little section as I want that kratos avatar it would go nicely whilst I play gow ascension ! it maybe would attract more customers too plus aswell adding previous playstation plus freebies, the avatars are shabby at the moment.

I’m with fauxtronic on this one. Please keep it consistent.

do God of War Chains of Olympus (PSP) and God of War Ghost of Sparta (PSP) work on PS vita ??

Firehawk41 6 March, 2013 @ 11:16 am   6

Nice! I’ll definitely pick up a couple of these.

Is Ghost of Sparta (PSP) Vita compatible?

LiquidSolid 6 March, 2013 @ 11:17 am   7

Nice sale. I already have all the games but I’m somewhat interested in the soundtracks. But let me guess, they’re 256kbps, aren’t they? This is why I avoid buying music online, because if I want to buy something, I want it to last and that means 320kbps at a minimum.

pinkplaybunny 6 March, 2013 @ 11:18 am   8

Hi Chris

Having not played any of these games yet can you please explain what comes in GoW collection 1 and collection 2? I thought there were only 3 games in the series so i’m confused as to what is in the HD remake packs.

Thanks!

Chris Howe 6 March, 2013 @ 11:33 am

GoW Collection 1 includes GoW 1 and 2
    GoW Collection 2 includes GoW Chains of Olympus and GoW Ghost of Sparta

Faustofausto 6 March, 2013 @ 11:19 am   9

@Chris
There’s an ongoin LittleBigPlanet sale, but the Muppets Premium Level Kit is still £4.79, please, fix it!
Thank you!

Chris Howe 6 March, 2013 @ 11:25 am

I have contacted store ops about this, it should be fixed in a couple of hours, sorry for the issue

LiquidSolid 6 March, 2013 @ 11:19 am   10

@moha-os and @Firehawk41: They both work on Vita.

fauxtronic 6 March, 2013 @ 11:19 am   11

Thanks for the response Chris.

I hope I didn’t sound harsh. Diplomacy was never my strong point.

Use every variation of playstation plus if you want… it’s just easier to catch related posts if (as bidonia says) you’re consistent.

Have a great day. :)

Avengerrr 6 March, 2013 @ 11:25 am   12

Hi Chris,

Is the LittleBigPlanet GoW level kit for Vita a mistake or is it just new?

I didn’t think the Vita LBP had any level kits, just costumes.

Seconded fauxtronic’s comment. Please, please, please be consistent.

Nightmare966 6 March, 2013 @ 11:26 am   14

Thanks for answering Chris, it’s certainly another great sales week :D

PARAN0ID_PANDA3 6 March, 2013 @ 11:26 am   15

since i got god of war hd for free last week thanks to PS+ i shall get god of war 2 since im at it thanks for the offers

On a side note, why no God of War 3 discount?!

Chocobo115 6 March, 2013 @ 11:27 am   17

Aww, already got them all.
Are there any other big upcoming sales?
like a Spring Sale, “OMG I can’t believe it’s March” sale or a “We couldn’t figure out a reason” sale?
I’m kinda waiting for Okami HD, Street Fighter X Tekken character pack & retro City Rampage to go on Sale :/ (Regular os PS+ sale, either is fine)

I’m sorry i dunno if this is your area. But could you put some pressure on Square-Enix to release Xenogears, Chrono Trigger & chrono Cross on EU store? That’s what the US import section was made for right? To make it easier to release US PSone classics here in EU, right?

Chris Howe 6 March, 2013 @ 11:39 am

There are plenty more sales planned for March and Easter, we will keep you all posted in the coming weeks

LukeDur007 6 March, 2013 @ 11:30 am   18

Chris, I fear my card will be in meltdown soon, with DLC and past game purchases, DOA5, Mass Effect 3 and GoW…. I’m not going to have a life for about a month after I play these games, I’m only halfway through Sleeping Dog’s as it is. Has the Sleeping Dogs DLC sale finished, or is there still time for me to grab it?

Chris Howe 6 March, 2013 @ 11:55 am

Sleeping Dogs DLC is not currently on sale but it will be again in the near future

pinkplaybunny 6 March, 2013 @ 11:33 am   19

Chris

Do you know if Mass Effect 2 has had a patch so that you can import your save file from ME1 now rather than use the digital comic like you could on other formats?

BBear_27 6 March, 2013 @ 11:35 am   20

Picking up the psp God of wars, awesome prices :-)

Faustofausto 6 March, 2013 @ 11:35 am   21

@Chris
Thank you! :)

monoliet 6 March, 2013 @ 11:36 am   22

nice ( but tired of gow )

warning against all gamers who would buy tombraider on psn
usa version = always need online conection = drm
drm = I will not support it (I buy any original game and sell nothing through)
people who suppor tdrm in the form of online obligation are sick.

DeadlyVirusPT 6 March, 2013 @ 11:36 am   23

When is The Walking Dead sale coming?

Podyman 6 March, 2013 @ 11:36 am   24

I’d like to buy Ghost of Sparta for PSP, really, but i can’t. You know why. Make Singstar icon optional, then (maybe) i will start to buy from PSN Store again.

VirusPT 6 March, 2013 @ 11:37 am   25

When is The Walking Dead sale coming?

hektor19 6 March, 2013 @ 11:38 am   26

How about GOW III???

pinkplaybunny 6 March, 2013 @ 11:41 am   27

Also i bought the LBP muppets premium level at the weekend and i thought it was reduced, was this not the correct sale price? I paid £4.31 though not £4.79.

Chris Howe 6 March, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

No that is not the correct sale price, it should be £3.69 with an additional 10% for Plus members. You will need to contact customer services who will be able to put the money back on your account, I can’t do anything like that from my side I am afraid but I have contacted store ops to get it sorted on the store front

monoliet 6 March, 2013 @ 11:41 am   28

podyman (24) = mi boycot =
no sing star ore other dance games
no the last of use + Beyond: Two Souls

AaronSOLDIER 6 March, 2013 @ 11:46 am   29

Already have all these (Yeah!), except the soundtracks and for £5.99 I’ll get them but what format to they download as?

Nightmare966 6 March, 2013 @ 11:50 am   30

@AaronSOLDIER: You download an App that installs under the Game section of the XMB. Once it’s installed and you boot it up, it will extract all the files into the Music section of the XMB as an MP3 albul that you can copy to a USB device :)

dark_angel69 6 March, 2013 @ 11:51 am   31

Very tempting to get God of War Collection Volume II. UGH!! You need to stop these good deals for a while. lol. There’s always something in your list I want but I have far too much to play at the moment. Still haven’t even taken the paper off Heavy Rain and had it for ages now. Just bought Tomb Raider the other day and loving it so far so can’t have anything distracting me from it. lol

NOSAJ19 6 March, 2013 @ 11:53 am   32

@Chris – Hi Chris. I have noticed that the US PlayStation Store has had some new PS Vita discounts added to it including Dokuro, Orgarhythm, Retro City Rampage, Sine Mora and Sumioni Demon Arts. Is there any chance that we could have them too, please? ;) Also, any chance of price reductions on the Hustle Kings Snooker DLC, SuperStardust Delta DLC and MotorStorm RC track pack DLCs, please? ;)

Good job and thanks on last week’s Puddle price reduction from £5.49 to £2.99! At that price it was an instant purchase for me and a great, enjoyable puzzle game that I would recommend to all PS Vita owners!

Chris Howe 6 March, 2013 @ 12:03 pm

We have only recently had a VITA sale but I am trying to get more VITA promotions in the pipeline, I can’t say when for sure though

Glad you are enjoying Puddle, its a really addictive game! :)

aros2011 6 March, 2013 @ 11:53 am   33

Fantastic – I’ll pick up the two PSP games!

Are there any plans for a PSP sale in the near future?

Chris Howe 6 March, 2013 @ 12:07 pm

Yes there are plans for a PSP sale, we do not have confirmed dates yet but you will all be the first to know when we do

Lance_87 6 March, 2013 @ 11:54 am   34

Will you ever release the Deimos Skin for GOW3 for everyone in the Store? It was originally obtainable from copies of Ghost of Sparta for the PSP, but all the codes are expired now.

PIREDERAS 6 March, 2013 @ 11:54 am   35

@ Chris Howe

Many thanks for the PS Plus free God of War HD last week, never had the chance to play it before, and it was awesome! I ‘ll definitely buy God of War II HD too! I presume God of War III is and will remain a disc-only game, isn’t it?

I hope the Mass Effect 2 & 3 discounts are substantial, because I want to buy the whole trilogy at some point, and I can pick it up for €46 in stores.

Chris Howe 6 March, 2013 @ 12:14 pm

Yes at the moment GoW 3 is not likely to come onto the PS Store anytime soon due to file size.

Please note that we will no longer be running the discount on Mass Effect 3. It will still be free for Plus members but there we have had to pull the discount due to this becoming a PlayStation Essentials title in the near future.

The pricing of this will be lower than our planned discount so we did not want consumers buying it at a higher price only for it to drop a week or so later.

NightRanma 6 March, 2013 @ 11:56 am   36

So speaking of savings, the big question for Vita owners: are we gonna get some free games anytime soon? America just got 3 PSP and one PSOne Classic for the Vita’s “anniversary” (only over a week late. I’m guessing nobody working in that branch has been in a relationship very long) so what do you guys have planned for us?

People, GoW III, is 35GB, so it would freak out most, when they already complain about 14GB.

Vellzak 6 March, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   38

Chris any word on other march sale titles? Like Journey, Swan, Flower? :)

When will the rest of Playstation store updates be released today? will you post that soon?

Chris Howe 6 March, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

Yes the PS Store will update today. Jawad is back from holiday so he will be posting his blog later

cowbanana 6 March, 2013 @ 12:16 pm   40

Nice, I think I’ll get the PSP games to play on my Vita. I have the HD versions on my PS3, but with the discount I think I’ll double dip for portability.

NightRanma 6 March, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   41

Can I ask why my previous message is “awaiting moderation? I’ve checked and re-checked it and I can’t see anything bad in it. All I wanted to know was if we can expect a promotion like Vita owners in America got this week with some free games.

cowbanana 6 March, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   42

Now we just need a God of War Vita exclusive. Why Sony hasn’t put that on the Vita, I dunno… but I guess it goes with their general apathy for their own great portable :(

Collection II for me I think, I didn’t bother getting Ghost of Sparta after I dropped my PSP and knackered the sound on it! :)
@pinkplaybunny: I got ME1 when it first became available and yes, you can import save files form it into ME2

Shou_Kobayashi 6 March, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   44

So why is GoW III not digital? I can’t see the point. Shouldn’t Sony be the herald of it’s own store? With this said, where is also Heavenly Sword ;)? Sldo I’m puzzled that THIS http://ow.ly/ireiT is not a thing in europe. What is the decisions behind of this?

TW1STEDH34T 6 March, 2013 @ 12:22 pm   45

It says:
God of War – Little Big Planet Level Kit
Was €2.99/ £2.39/AU$4.35, now €1.49/£1.19/AU$2.15
“Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers”

However, when I checked it out on the PS store on the vita the level kit was £1.19.
I did not get an additional 10% discount even though I am a Plus member.
Could you please fix either the post or the item in the store?
Cause it’s kinda misleading.

Thanks

shepzki 6 March, 2013 @ 12:23 pm   46

Bugger, just picked up God Of War Collection II yesterday for £25 new, oh well never mind. Probably grab GOW II as I sold my Collection 1 copy, i’m making a sad face right now like this :(

I will probably get killed for saying this – SONY are just to Generous! :D Played them all & they are all worth buying & playing ;)

Oh + the PSN Store is up already(well in the UK anyway)

amazingape 6 March, 2013 @ 12:25 pm   48

Hi Chris,

The God of War level kit is a little misleading. It doesn’t actually contain any new levels, it’s a mini-pack with stickers and decorations for when you create your own levels.

Just want to clarify before people waste their money expecting new levels.

GothPunk 6 March, 2013 @ 12:29 pm   49

Hi Chris, I just wanted to echo what NOSAJ19 said about some of the Vita games on sale on the US Store at the moment, particularly Sine Mora. I know we just had a Vita sale but if we could see a discount on that game some day over the next few months that would be great. ;)

I already own all of the God of War games, I’ve even bought some of them twice across PS2, PSP and now PS3. So for anyone on the fence, I would rate God of War II and God of War: Ghost of Sparta as the best ones.

Also for you trophy hunters, it’s fairly easy to get a platinum in these games! ;)

STORMxPYTHON 6 March, 2013 @ 12:30 pm   50

@46 GOW 3′s file size is over 35 gig so wouldn’t really be feasible as most people are struggling with storage space already. Hell iv’e got a 1TB drive in mine and only have about 70gig spare.

Load all