Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:00pm

Weekend Debate: Your favourite online gaming moments (update)

The Weekend Debate

UPDATE: Apologies for the slight delay in announcing this week’s winners. The following five posters can expect to find an MLB 13: The Show code in their PMs on the official forums later this week: bradigor1981 (post 9), Lunastra78 (12), kakasinho (post 28), Coody-Baroody (56) and LoftyMatt (73). Many thanks for taking part everyone – we’ll have a new topic up on Friday.

ORIGINAL POST: You may remember that last week we posted news of a contest currently underway asking for creative submissions – whether they be short movies, artwork or photography – that exemplify your most memorable online gaming moments. It’s still on-going and there are some hefty prizes up for grabs, so I thought it would make a good topic for today’s Weekend Debate.

So, what have been your favourite online gaming experiences? Maybe it was making a great friend through DC Universe; or a stunning winning streak on FIFA, or a calamitous face-palm moment in Call of Duty; or a great LittleBigPlanet level that you shared. Let us know.

I’ve got five MLB 13 The Show codes for PS3 to giveaway for the most entertaining or interesting responses (see our post from Wednesday for more on the game). And please, if it gets your imagination whirring, do go ahead and enter the main contest! Good luck!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

106 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first
doomsday619 8 March, 2013 @ 5:12 pm   1

Getting my first killcam moment on Call Of Duty as ium not very good at the game tht has to be one of my favorite moments. Or finding the LittleBigPlanet level someone created basketball and spending 3 hours online with it with my mates.

kalel1981 8 March, 2013 @ 5:26 pm   2

Mine was when I played through the whole of Portal 2 with a guy I met on Official Playstation Mags facebook wall and have become great friends ever since. We were up till about 2am one night trying to get the last few trophies, the shouts of joy when the plat finally plinged was unreal (got told off by the wife over that)

Chocobo115 8 March, 2013 @ 5:27 pm   3

I’m not much for online gaming really…

But I guess it’ll have to be World of Warcraft (the original).
Raiding back then pretty much required 40 people. I never was great at it but luckily I didn’t play any major role like Tank or Healer. Just ordinary DPS.
Anyways I liked working so many together to bring down new bosses. We put down so much work learning strategies, looking for and crafting spefic gear for different dungeons.
That tingling feeling the minutes before the raid started and people were added to the raidgroup. The internal guild jokes.
That it got repetive a half year later (the raiding, not hanging out with guildies) is another story…
For the Fenrir! (In the rare case an old guildie would ever stumble onto this post, It was and still is our Warcry)

skatepunk36 8 March, 2013 @ 5:31 pm   4

not sure if its really special, but met a guy playing Red Fraction battlegrounds and found out, not only we listening to the same music, he knew the punkrock fanzine i was doing at a hobby for a long time, he was buying some of his favourite records due to good reviews of me, we found out we knew a lot of the same people .. i went to the show of his band when they were in town and since then we play all ps lus co-op titels together…

Journey, I actually didn’t have a clue it was multiplayer at all. I remember just wandering about and went through a sand waterfall and was shocked when i seen another character waiting there. It started following me and copying what i was doing and so i thought it was just an npc to help me or something. I wondered about with it for a while and when i turned around it was gone, then i seen it off in the distance jumping around and it was then i realized it was another player and got quite giddy.

Throughout the game i had a few more encounters with other players and it was fun trying to communicate to them with the little chimes you could make by pressing circle.

And when i walked in the snow with another player it felt like we where huddling together and willing each other to go up the slow icy climb. Seriously loved that game… should add an EPIC in front of the title.

BlueRaven 8 March, 2013 @ 5:33 pm   6

My favourite online gaming moment….March 23rd 2007 @ 10:47AM.
The minute i got my PS3 online and had my first online race with Motorstorm.
I’ll Never forget my amazement of playing a truly next-gen game ONLINE,Little did i know that my amazement would continue til the next generation befalls me……PS4

kingofscotland 8 March, 2013 @ 5:34 pm   7

Mine was finding out you don’t need voice chat to have a connection.

Portal 2 was the perfect example of being able to communicate using high 5′s, waves etc as well as using the pointers to help each out.

Deep connection and understanding without saying a word.

Genius!

kingofscotland 8 March, 2013 @ 5:35 pm   8

Journey was the other great example of this – Portal 2 & Journey = New experience

bradigor1981 8 March, 2013 @ 5:39 pm   9

It happened during a game of NHL 12, beating a cheat.

I am a huge fan of the sport and when I play, whether it be online or offline I play the sport as it should be played.

I was ranked around 1000th and he was 5th. He battered me using these glitch tactics 10-0.

A few games later and we were matched up again. I took a 1-0 lead early in the 2nd period and received a barrage of abuse down the mic, while I sat in silence (not having a mic)

I kept the game at 1-0 until about 53 seconds left in the third period when he managed to score a known glitch in the game. This led to more abuse aimed at me.

The sweetness happened a few seconds later, I dumped the puck to his net to force overtime and hopefully stop him mounting another attack. He got cocky, and tried to launch a puck from his goaltender down the ice. Not noticing my player still at his blueline. I gloved the puck, took it down to my stick and fired into a near empty net with 0.9 seconds left on the clock.

I hear a lot of swearing and a huge smashing sound, followed by the game freezing ‘please wait’ as it was clear he had the rage quits of all rage quits.

I have had much more enjoyable games, but that had to be one of my sweetest victories,

hayzink 8 March, 2013 @ 5:41 pm   10

real easy one for me to answer this week.

a few years ago now i was playing multi player on burnout paradise and i noticed one of the people talking had a similar accent to mine, so i decided to engage this person in chat and before long we realised we both knew each other from school and had not spoken in many years.
this person is still on my friends list and we still keep in contact and that would not have happened if it was not for a coincidental meeting on ps3 :)

woodypride 8 March, 2013 @ 5:49 pm   11

For me it was on Uncharted 3, especially the co-op modes. I had lot of fun playing the various multiplayer modes and was happy to find a lot of people online. Though, some people were just “random players” and sometimes with weird approach to the game. One day, I met a very good player who didn’t quit the game when the situation was critic and not in our advantage or didn’t shout in the mic just to be annoying. It was girl. Don’t think there’s a love story here (because I already have a girlfriend !), but I was really happy each time I played with her and made me like the game even more. She is in my friend list and I hope to play with her again soon !

Lunastra78 8 March, 2013 @ 6:03 pm   12

My favorite online moment must have been a Battlefield Vietnam round where I spent an entire round in one dogfight with an enemy player, me in the US plane and him/her in the Russian one. I was quite efficient at flying in that game, but so was he/she, so neither of us managed to kill each other the whole round.

When I was chasing him/her he/she would make a sudden unexpected turn and go under a bridge or behind a hill so as to escape my attacks, then suddenly I became the hunted rather than the hunted, having to narrowly dodge my pursuers firepower. This went back and forth for a whole round! All the while I was listen to Boards of Canada on the custom soundtrack which set the mood perfectly.

It was just madness and I’ve never been so deeply concentrated during a playing session. Nothing, and no one else on the map mattered at all.

After the match we congratulated each other with a terrific battle and that was it. I’ll never know who he/she was but it was a gaming moment I’ll always remember.

tonyXjini 8 March, 2013 @ 6:06 pm   13

say what you want but i know that online games don’t need to be super graphic or shooters to let a community have fun and spend maybe a all year in the game.
i’m picking Ragnarok online for the mission of this debate to express my thinking of having a great time with friends, and a lot’s of times, meet new ones.
that game brought it all, parties, different classes to make each additional member count and let anyone fill unique in there ways.
not once i played with my friends days in the game… from my point of view, i had amazing times in that world with all it’s content, from cites to music…^^
“lets go hunting together again guys!”

Gincairn 8 March, 2013 @ 6:06 pm   14

I don’t do a lot of online gaming if I’m honest, saying that I’ve played a lot of All-Stars online with a friend from Denmark, but that doesn’t answer the question.

So here goes, my most memorable time in an online game was playing Modnation Racers on the PS3, it was with a group of guys on a playstation forum and we all decided to host small community competitions, creating the best video game related character and so on.

After that had been done (I came second for my portrayal of Dante from Dante’s Inferno) we went on to host 2 Modnation Grand Prix’s. It ranks as my most memorable online gaming time because it wasn’t all about the game itself I guess, we all kept in touch on the forums, swapped ideas and really got to grips with the game as a group.

Oh and if you’re wondering how the grand prix turned out, just search youtube for Modnation Grand Prix, you should find it fairly easily.

Superbuu3 8 March, 2013 @ 6:11 pm   15

I was playing Saints Row 2 with a friend and was being chasedd by the cops while he had gone off to do something. I was just a really fast car and the wanted level was high so i was charging down the streets as fast as I could. My friend says they got me covered and that they are coming to help. Seconds later my friend thinking he’s taking forever I suddenly see a fireball emerge from the sky and my friend has decided to help me by apparently attempting to get me in a plane which he helpfully noseplanted directly in front of me. Causing me ot crash and both us to be promptly killed. Was hilarious, also I made a mental note that him helping wasn’t always a helpful thing.

bookie_V 8 March, 2013 @ 6:22 pm   16

I would say it was with World of Warcraft back when it started. It was my first time playing a MMORPG and I have to say it was incredible. Made great friends there, had the fortune that most of my guildies lived nearby and we used to hang out a lot in real life. Still keep in contact with a bunch of them even though I’ve moved away.

AeonsDead 8 March, 2013 @ 6:30 pm   17

Not any specific moment, but my favourite online gaming experience started with Black Ops 1, and a little feature called split screen-online.

Me and my brother were fans of the Modern Warfare series, but for some reason skipped on Treyarchs offerings, then we saw an advert for BlackOps 1 in Tesco for £25. We both immediately got money together, chipped in and bought it. Unbeknownst to us it contained splitscreen online and splitscreen zombies, we quickly found the options in the menus and promptly went bezerk.

Now every COD game i play online from BO1,MW3 and BO2 has been done splitscreen with my younger brother. So for me the COD series has become an excuse to bond with my bro. Who says video games break families?

Bgjknpqswvyu 8 March, 2013 @ 6:38 pm   18

My favourite online moment was on Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. It was in an all Ferrari race with me in an F40 against F430′s Enzo’s & 599′s. I knew I had the fastest car on straights but was much slower round corners. After 2 laps I was in 5th but still in with a chance of winning, with only a few corners left it looked I had it but then other players tried to take each other off. The 1st & 2nd place cars tangled which lifed me up to 3rd and right the leaders going onto the long sweeping right hander (which was the last corner) I knew all I had to do was stay out of trouble and straight line speed would take me past the 2 F430′s before the finishing line. Despite their best efforts to block me, I forced my way through to win. It’s my favourite online moment because it was first victory at anything online gaming.

The most incredible online moment i had was in JOURNEY, i was playing the game for the first time when i suddenly saw another person, at first sight i thought it was a NPC, but everything changed when i started seeing some strange symbols coming out of him, followed by some strange musical notes.

I then went with him all the way and we had an incredible time avoiding the big flying monster and those incredible storms!

I really felt i knew that guy for a long time, even without knowing is name or how he was, and when at the end when I left the game I felt a empty spot inside me, like i had lost ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS!!!!

Player42791 8 March, 2013 @ 6:49 pm   20

Mine is probably playing Uncharted 2. While playing 3 on 3 chain reaction with random players I ended up with two who decided to camp the first area to accumulate xp and level up. I hate camping so instead I pressed on and tried my best to capture the next area. After three or four attempts I got fed up with my teammates’ camping and since I didn’t have a headset communicated my displeasure by tossing a grenade their way. Sadly they weren’t spurred into action but I did get some satisfaction from the ensuing whinge and the fact that they didn’t level up.

A_Nonny_Moose 8 March, 2013 @ 6:59 pm   21

Tough to say. I have a certain friend who is constantly pulling me off platforms in LBP. I’m sure he does it on purpose.

Best times were probably on Awesomenauts though. I remember one time I was playing with two bots against a team of 3 people, and I managed to hold out for quite a while. Lost in the end, but I got a very nice message from one of the other players complimenting me for doing that well on my own. That’s a rare thing.

Bumblebee 8 March, 2013 @ 6:59 pm   22

I’d say playing SOCOM 2 on PS2. Loads of great memories, but some that spring to mind include:

- making loads of friends due to the vibrant online community (spawned from the inclusion of regional lobbies rather than the “oh let’s lump everyone together, who cares” attitude with online gaming this gen). We’re still in touch today even though there aren’t any games capable of filling that SOCOM 2 hole (certainly not SOCOM 4 which was naff).

- taking out an entire team of 8 opponents when I was the last man protecting the hostages on Death Trap and having a stranger call me a “legend”

- just months and months of thrilling online play in a vibrant community with great banter and great friends.

supersmith2500 8 March, 2013 @ 7:02 pm   23

My online gaming moment has to be this. Playing on WipEout HD and Gran Turismo 5 with other friends online and it never gets old. In WipEout HD, I had rival races and sometimes my friend beats me and I sometimes beat them depending on their skills and I always use the Feisar and it is one of my favourite ships in WipEout and it was fun. Especially tournament races which I really want to go back next time.

Then later on we moved on to GT5 and who doesn’t love raging during the races and it was funny seeing them spin out or make a minor mistake. I mean playing on GT5 reminds me of Top Gear for some reason but more fun.

Tycharben 8 March, 2013 @ 7:02 pm   24

Finally getting my bro to see the light & convert to the Sony side,
so that last night we started the co-op campaign on Resistance 3.
Wow, what a great game & far better now I have my wingman!

Bumblebee 8 March, 2013 @ 7:04 pm   25

I, and many of my fellow old-school SOCOMers, miss that game so much. PS4 needs a decent SOCOM game, or similar… the lobby system was far superior than the “simple” “quick match” and “lump ‘em all together” systems you get nowadays. There’s no real sense of community any more… where heading into a game, you’d know you’ll find people with similar cultural connections that can banter as if you’re hanging out in a pub or something… these days you’re lucky if you get a game where people even speak the same language.

Whoever sorts this out next gen will win the online battle.

Regionalised lobbies make for great gaming communities.
Lumping everyone in together regardless ruined online gaming. And it shouldn’t be just about “oh they all speak English so lump US & UK together” either. The time difference, ping, cultural differences, they all detract from the fun.

PLEASE someone from Sony read this and keep it in mind. I could write an entire book on why this gen’s online gaming has been a let-down compared to the last and why gaming by region is such an important factor in the fun. Language, location and lag. Important things to consider.

AeonsDead 8 March, 2013 @ 7:15 pm   26

@24 So you’re saying UK users should only be matched with UK users? All other English speaking countries are aa fair time-distance away, and all the countries near us geographically speak some form of foreign.

There’s nothing wrong with the current matchmaking.

Project2insanity 8 March, 2013 @ 7:18 pm   27

Couple choices for me here- Syphon Filter:Logan’s Shadow on PSP was immense online thanks to the great community. A text chat lobby and a message board that constantly entertained.
A moment I remember well is finishing a match and being branded a noob by one guy for using explosive weapons two or three times in the match. Next match, I kicked butt with zero explosives. He didn’t withdraw his statement, instead called me a noob with skills… I shortly received an invitation to his clan.

Other moments would fall down to Killzone 2 clan matches. There’s nothing quite like organising matches for specific dates and times whilst also putting something on the line (valour in this case). Always full of drama, whether someone not turning up, having network issues or an old-fashioned close match. No other game has measured up in this respect.

kakasinho 8 March, 2013 @ 7:22 pm   28

You know what they say, you never forget your first time.
2005, PlayStation 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 4.
Connect the console to the internet was a little adventure in itself. I found myself to handle things completely unknown to me at that time (network adapter, ethernet cable etc …).
When everything was put in place a whole new world opened to me.
Clamorous shouts of joy to rip the silence and solitude of my room for a victory snatched at the last second. Terrible curses resulting from disconnections and lag issues. Multitude of hours wasted trying to explain to my parents what the hell I was doing.
The days that followed were a relentless succession of new experiences and sensations.
You never forget your first time is definitely true for the online play, or at least it is for me.

MaxDiehard 8 March, 2013 @ 7:23 pm   29

Well my favourite gaming moment isn’t online suffice to say, but it’s from the PS1 era. Finally beating the Bee-Having level on Crash Bandicoot 2. That level used to be so hard and scary when I was a child.

lisbonlion79 8 March, 2013 @ 8:13 pm   30

It was cold. I have never felt so alone. Standing surrounded by ice and the sound of thousands of fanatics calling for my blood. I was sweating with fear barely able to concentrate on what I felt would be the final act after what felt like months of fighting. Once we fought as a team now it came down to me.

Then I heard a high pitched sound and I knew it was time. I looked up and saw my final challenge. The he was. Decked in heavy armour. I could barely make out his eyes. But I could see the glint of his blades. But he didn’t stand a chance it was my time.

I started charging straight at him, hoping my blades didn’t fail me now. He stood there waiting for my assault. Then just before he could counter my attack I spun, flicked my wrists and prayed.

Then the siren sounded. I had done it.

If you haven’t figured it out my experience was NHL, specifically EASHL. Forming an online team in NHL is the greatest online sports experience so far. And winning a league in a shoot out topped it off. If only a football game or baseball game managed to get as close to the team feeling. UBO on pc tried and failed but I hope something on ps4 manages it.

Bobopudge123 8 March, 2013 @ 8:14 pm   31

My worst experience inadvertently turned into the best one. My FIFA ultimate team got hacked and I lost a lot of good stuff and coins. Then, I contacted EA not expecting much but after a week of haggling, not only did I get my stuff back but they gave me some extra goodies (a Ronaldo) which was sold for good money. There we go, alls well that ends well

Play Killzone Libaration on the PSP with some “Crazy Russians”. Was my first time play online on any Console. Although I got my a$% thoroughly kicked it was fun while it lasted.

AmorousBadger1 8 March, 2013 @ 9:25 pm   33

It would have to be the time I played COD online for nearly a full 45 minutes before some teenage twonk came out with something homophobic or misogynistic.

Terarded 8 March, 2013 @ 9:38 pm   34

my favorite online moment was when i was playing single player because online play is horrible. no matter the game.

RoaringMdog18 8 March, 2013 @ 10:04 pm   35

One of my favorite online moments was the time i played Journey almost all the way trough with the same person. Its weird that eventhough you cant talk to eachother that you are still able to communicate trough movements and chimes. Felt weird ending the game and never finding out who my co-op partner was. Something like this would not be possible without psn ^^

wiiplay 8 March, 2013 @ 10:08 pm   36

I bought a Playstation for my 6 year old Nephew for Christmas a few years back.
I had been investing a lot of time in playing Motorstorm. Anyway, I thought it a great idea to link up and play a head to head and use the bluetooth headset too, just to give him an idea of how to use everything.
Couldn’t believe my eyes when he thrashed me hands down, all I heard were echoes of long cackles of laughter and me sitting on the lounge floor, mouth open and feeling humiliated with family around me.
Never again ! lol

OPIE_W1NST0N 8 March, 2013 @ 10:17 pm   37

my most memorable gaming moment would have to be meeting my wife on halo back in 2004. she being American ,me being English the following 6 months were crazy with us both literally in a lobby together almost none stop.Now a little over 8 years on, 3 trips across the pond and one adorable mixed breed child, we’re now recovering xboxers enjoying the new experiences of playstation.
But all of that could’nt of happened without the evolution in gaming over the past generation.What will the next generation bring us?? no doubt a few extra pounds and an extra chin but hey what do these kids say nowadays YOLO?

big thanks to both EU and US official bloggers for all the great mid-day ”im at work so i should’nt really be doing so but i am anyways” reading

Shinoda_2qx 8 March, 2013 @ 10:44 pm   38

I racked up 1000 great hours of online play on Killzone 2, but there was one game that I’ll never forget. Sniping on Pyrrhus Rise I ended the game with 88 kills and only a single death, sniping from in and around the ISA base camp. Had my best friend helping me defend because by the time I reached 30-0, pretty much the entire enemy team gave up on the objectives and turned their attention to killing me! Rockets and grenades flying past all through what was over an hour long game. Never laughed so much during an online game, all the near-death experiences, and cheeky sniper shots. The funniest kill, and the most memorable of the 88 was when a top ranked player (I wont say his name) stormed the base with a rocket launcher, must have thought he had me for a moment, only for me to whip out my trusty M4 revolver and pop him in the head! Was gutted to lose one life, but great fun all the same! I still have a photo of my score at the end of the game, something I’m very proud of nearly 2 years on!

BluSpykz 8 March, 2013 @ 11:05 pm   39

Lets see if I can sum up my favourite online moments in a song.

First I was afraid, I was petrified; Going solo against zombies in the countryside.
Wesker was the bad guy, but I didn’t know this from the start.
I was nearly a Jill sandwich, shot the tyrant in the heart.
But then BOOM. 10 years or more. I’m not alone no, got a partner and ammo!
Time to save the world, now with a guy at my side – Sharing my ecstacy, and sharing in my pride; we will survive.

Not quite Gloria Gaynor, but it basically my stand out moment from online gaming is the coming togetherness, the chat over microphones, and more spectacularly – saving the world from the scum of the universe (but not in Men In Black. Awful game).

phantasy star online on the dreamcast and quake arena introduced me to online, in fact quake is still good today. super street fighter 4 was the main one for me though, being able to just play single player and have challengers from all over the world challenginger you to fights was great.

liamlangan 9 March, 2013 @ 12:15 am   41

Fave memory of online gaming would be playing my PS3 for the first time and diving into the large community of LittleBigPlanet, seeing what people had spent so much of their time creating was brilliant, the whole Play Create Share phrase brings a whole new meaning to the world of Online Gaming and witnessing it and getting involved in it is my favorite online gaming memory

AMDM-61 9 March, 2013 @ 12:21 am   42

Mine favourite gaming moment happened very long time ago. I was playing MMORPG on my pc and one day I came across a friendly player from my country, we became very good friends in game and we were that for like 4 years but then my friend quitted from game and I thought I would never meet him again but after few months I found out that he was on same school where I was! I was thinking how could this be possible. :D
We became good friends in irl too and I even got him back into playing that MMORPG which we played

Stonesthrow 9 March, 2013 @ 2:44 am   43

My primary points of interest to enjoy a competitive multiplayer would have to be teamplay and on a personal level, a great K/D ratio. I’m a total lonewolf but I enjoy teamplay to the fullest. Being able to depend on a team of people that you’ve never met or played with before just gives me a kind of rush. Seeing it all come together, and teammates quickly reacting to their teams’ actions by covering open flanks or pushing through when the time is right, there’s just something to it.. On a personal level, I’m a very defensive player. I hate getting my death count up too high so that’s my primary focus. The amount of kills I get is only secondary. Mostly both go hand in hand, as these team based shooters are the multiplayer experiences I love best. Having a good team to depend on and putting your own work in. I’ve played countless battles like that in the Battlefield and Killzone games. Pushing the enemy team back to their base, knowing your backs are clear and your can focus on the enemies in front, getting 60 kills for only 2 deaths in the end. Usually I don’t even smile at it since it’s a team effort, but I won’t deny it feels good, and it’s good weapon practice.

BBear_27 9 March, 2013 @ 7:45 am   44

For me it was modern warfare 3, playing team deathmatch on village and had a pp90m1 equipt and for the life of me I didn’t know how but I got a 25 kill streak, got rewarded with a MOAB and won the game for our team. After the match I quit the lobby to make sure I left on the ultimate high note, I’m sure the other team hated me, but it was freakin awesome :-)

Opt1mus76 9 March, 2013 @ 9:51 am   45

Whilst attaining Diamond P12 on Burnout Paradise is high on my list due to time/effort involved, I was recently reminded of when I first started MW3′s multiplayer. I’d only had couple games which I spent acclimatising and intended the next few games would be spent learning maps. To my astonishment I achieved 17 kill streak (23 kills overall) and no deaths on a totally new map. That may not sound much to most players but to me that was real achievement. Normally I’m lucky to get K/D of 1:1 or 10 kill streak. Suddenly I felt like I had found a game that really suited me and that perhaps with practise I’d reach the dizzying heights of the hardcore CoD players. Subsequent games demonstrated that it was a complete fluke as my elation was shot down by so many bullets I probably looked like a sieve. Watching the replay (still in my replay vault if anyone wants a laugh) I can see how lucky I got but for those precious few minutes I felt like a CoD god. I still aspire to replicating that feat consistently but I guess for the rest of my many, many lives I will remain as cannon fodder for the masses with an imaginary sign saying ‘Insert Bullet Here’ on my head.
Ah well, back to the killing fields for some more punishment…

Catkiller1 9 March, 2013 @ 10:47 am   46

There are a few online moments.

I bought Blur despite reviews & the reviews imo didn’t do the game justice at all. The game was great and one of the trophies required you to beat a level 50 ranked player. After a few hours of playing multiple maps and game modes I encountered my first level 50 ranked player who was smack talking everyone within the playlist. He wasn’t very happy at the end of the match to say the least, as I and various others beat him quite a few times.

Street Fighter 4 acquiring one of the trophies beating ranked players, 10 times in a row. This required skill and you couldn’t boost this one due to random encounters. It was close a few times to me losing my streak but I managed it with tactics and remembering the new moves as I was more used to Street Fighter 2.

There are many, many Battlefield moments on PC & PS3.

This isn’t really a weekend debate either, as we aren’t debating opinions but detailing experiences so I would change the title now to weekend discussion: gaming moments.

Kind Regards

CAT

StuDevo 9 March, 2013 @ 11:00 am   47

My all time favourite online moment is on PC. Playing Counterstrike on team deathmatch with 5 of my friends. One day we played about 6 hours straight with great team work going through rounds on stages like de_dust with 1 or 2 deaths a round tops. Probably the most fun I have had online.

On PS3 it is probably on LBP1 using the create mode to make levels. I lost count of the amount of stuff we made. Only bad thing is while most of the levels were fun to make they sucked to play :(

GeeOneT 9 March, 2013 @ 11:16 am   48

I’ve been playing Street Fighter 4 for three years now. My first fighting game.

If you’re playing SF4 online, you’ll notice right away, even though game itself is very easy to learn and doing moves is pretty easy, it becomes incredibly difficult when you play online. Because playing against real players displays the game’s real competitive nature. It is so deep and satisfying when you start to understand the real ways of Street Fighter.

I started playing online after not bothering with it for like a year of playing against CPU. One day I thought,I like playing this a lot, so I should play against others as well.

That was the day I realized how bad I was in this game. Even though I was able to defeat hardest AI opponents without trouble, I lost almost thirty game straight without even winning one round. You can’t imagine how furious I was. I thought they were all cheating or something. But I couldn’t leave the game alone even though I rage quit numerous times and decided to never play it again countless times.

Today I still play it. I’m having win streaks up to twenty games and I’m having the most fun I had from a multiplayer game after all those years of its release. That’s what I call a good game.

massivephilg 9 March, 2013 @ 11:33 am   49

For me it was when cod4 modern warfare first came out (was also the very first fps I ever played) it blew me away ! So much fun playing with my friends night after night in team deathmatch, free for all and search & destroy. Started as a noob always having a negative score and progressing into someone who could get 25 for 4 in tdm. We only stopped playing this game after the mp was hacked in every lobby it ruined the best online game ever. Now I do not really play cod anymore as I have now found an even better online game and the first one to recapture that magic I once found in cod4 mw ! That game is FIFA ultimate team I just love how you never play the same game twice and its just you and your team/tactics against anyone else in the world. Anyone who plays this game will understand what I mean.

konanOFsweden 9 March, 2013 @ 11:43 am   50

Playing NHL with friends online and turning into a drinking game. Every time your own team scored the opposing team-members had to do a shot of vodka(or a similar strong drink) or down a bottle of lager. We used to play until the alcohol literally finished the game for us. Great days!

Load all