Posted 13 March

Take on a new adventure with the PlayStation Store Expedition Sale

ExpeditionSale_MobilePromo

Hello everyone. It certainly feels like the time of the year where we should all be looking to take on a new challenge or adventure, but if you’re like me and would rather do this through the power of your PS3 make sure you check out the PlayStation Store’s Expedition Sale for some great discounts on some fantastic action adventure titles.

These discounts will go live when the store updates later today, Wednesday 13th March, and will run until 27th March. Enjoy!

Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition (not available in Germany)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$12.95

I Am Alive
Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$17.95, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Agarest: Generations of War Zero (not available in Australia, Finland, New Zealand, Norway)
Was €24.99/£19.99, now €8.99/£7.29
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Agarest: Generations of War 2 (not available in New Zealand)
Was €34.99/£18.99/AU$51.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Prince of Persia (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Prince of Persia Trilogy (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Prince of Persia Classic (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Prince of Persia Classic and Cell Factor Bundle (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €5.99/£4.79/AU$8.85

Far Cry 2
Was €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95, now €8.99/£7.29/AU$13.25

Far Cry 2 and Fortunes Pack Bundle
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95, now €8.99/£7.29/AU$13.25
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €5.99/£4.79/AU$8.85

Machinarium
Was €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.75, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Was €12.99/£9.99/AU$18.45, now €6.99/£5.49/AU$10.35
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Tomb Raider: Underworld (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €14.99/£21.95/AU$14.45, now €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.75
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95, now €9.99/£7.79/AU$14.45

Jurassic Park: The Game
Was €29.99/£23.99/AU$43.95, now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Two Worlds II VELVET Game of the Year Edition + Defense DLC (not available in Denmark, Finland, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden)
Was €34.99/£28.49/AU$51.95, now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Dante’s Inferno (only available in Austria, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Switzerland)
Was €19.99, now €9.99
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Dante’s Inferno Super Bundle (only available in Austria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland)
Was €29.99, now €13.99

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

115 Comments 28 Author replies
Show oldest first

Far Cry 3 in the future?

GuerrillaDawg 13 March, 2013 @ 11:13 am   2

No Dante’s Inferno deals for other EU countries? I live in Belgium.

PirateThom 13 March, 2013 @ 11:13 am   3

I am loving the amount of sales the PS Store has had going on for the past few months. I know some people will complain, but I think the mix of sale items has been pretty good. Keep up the good work.

crusher915 13 March, 2013 @ 11:14 am   4

Dead Island and Far Cry 2 for me thanks

Also is there any chance that you guys can change the ridiculous 2x space requirement??? if you download UC3 for example you need to have 80GB’s free

Chris Howe 13 March, 2013 @ 12:22 pm

Sorry that is not my side of things, we are aware that it is an issue though so I will pass the comment on again

turbogeek421 13 March, 2013 @ 11:14 am   5

No Dante’s Inferno for the UK? BOOURNS!

xxSamuraiGirlxx 13 March, 2013 @ 11:14 am   6

played the retail dead island when it 1st came out…

will the save file work with this GOTY version?

Huono_peleis 13 March, 2013 @ 11:16 am   7

Different sale, same titles. Over and over again.

ste_the_legend 13 March, 2013 @ 11:16 am   8

I have to say that we have definitely had some good sales and PS Plus deals this year. You guys have definitely stepped your game up!

My HD is getting very full! There’s 3 or 4 titles off that list that I’m seriously considering getting :D

HellsSyerBlue 13 March, 2013 @ 11:16 am   9

well i just wanna say i have xbox 360 and ps3 im really sad with sony WHY the usa have The walking dead like 50% off and we dont camon sony you sell more in europe but you give europe what? i tell you nothing…..i hope you begin doing this discounts on europe or in the Future i will change to the xbox side

Han_the_Dragon 13 March, 2013 @ 11:18 am   10

Agree with #7

Still last time I didn’t got Agarest War 2 (and I believe last time there was no extra discount for PSN+ members), so I guess I will get it now…

ShadowhunterrX 13 March, 2013 @ 11:27 am   11

A wild PSN store Appears !
ShadowhunterrX throws out wallet : Go wallet !
Wallet used defendse curl. Wallets defend is stronger !
PSN store uses discount !
Critical hit ! Very effective.
Wallet empty….
NOoooooo!

Both Agarests catched my eyes, but i won’t support you – not with your Singstar icon stubbornness. Bye.

themonk2012 13 March, 2013 @ 11:33 am   13

nice sale. i’ll grab a couple of those titles for sure. thanks

Web is The Walking Dead going on sale?

Splutterbug 13 March, 2013 @ 11:43 am   15

An expedition sale without any Uncharted titles? Still looks like a few good deals, shame the majority of my gaming now is on Vita

Terarded 13 March, 2013 @ 11:45 am   16

i swear you people like, watch my ebay buying list.
when i bought mass efect 3, 2 hours later it was announced that it was free with plus.
i just bought dead island goty for 30$ today, only to come here and see it for 12$

im just never gonna buy a game unless its 10$ or less :(

redmattuk 13 March, 2013 @ 11:45 am   17

Hi Chris, could you tell someone at Sony to do a vita bundle with 2 games (LBP and Assassin’s creas) and a 32GB card for under £200?

Frustr8ing how the bundles have nonsense 4gb cards.

Thanks

Chris Howe 13 March, 2013 @ 12:27 pm

Sorry that’s not really my area but that would be one hell of a bundle!

Au prices. Nice and appreciated.

Hello, can we get discout on burnout paradise in near future?

Hi Chris

Wow, Sony making me broke once again….
Dunno if its you Chris, But the specials have been really good since you took over.

2 Question:

1 – Whats up with the new trend of specials ending around the 27th of the month? having a special that covers pay day (28th in my opinion) is the best way to get people (I.e. ME) to spend more than my budget allows :P

2 – Would like to see Dante’s inferno special in ZA too.
Im pretty sure i recall seein the “essentials’ version on the store, so why wont the special count?

Thanks

Chris Howe 13 March, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

haha! sorry we always have to finish on a Wednesday so it’s just the way the dates fall unfortuantely.

I can’t find an essentials version on our systems but I will ask the store ops team

What can I say, except that you continue to impress me with these sales. Gonna buy at least 2 titles in this one! Thanks!

moglee_in 13 March, 2013 @ 11:54 am   22

Agarest: Generations of War Zero is still showing the old price!

KungSkabb 13 March, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   23

Apropos of adventure: I am a little late to the Fallout-party, and was looking for the dlc the other night. I have bought some earlier, so I know it’s been there, but now it’s all gone from the store. Is the searchtool faulty, or have the dlc been removed?

Got to chip in with Huono_peleis, there isn’t really much new to be seen. I think Two Worlds is new in this constellation, while the vast majority are standard guests in sales every 2-4 months.
There are plenty enough games that have never been offered, how about covering those too Chris?

Well, at least it’s been a while since we’ve seen Hydrophobia Prophecy in a sale for the last time. A sign of progress? ^^

steyl666 13 March, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   25

Amazing!!! This and the Resident Evil sale is what I’ve been waiting for for ages!! Thank you Chris- Keep it up!! :)

superpatchy66 13 March, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   26

Shame you could not have included a few vita titles in the sale.

Not sure why #12 keeps banging on about his singstar icon.

Chris Howe 13 March, 2013 @ 12:34 pm

I am hoping we will be able to do more regular VITA sales throughout the year, but I will keep you posted on that

Overlord1304 13 March, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   27

I’ve got to second @4, crusher915.
All well and good going digital but needing double the space that the game is ultimately going to take up means that the hard drive is never going to get full. It tends towards fullness but can never reach it. :P
I can guess why it needs to be that way but still irritating.

awesome!!! ive been waiting for a sale on two worlds 2 game of the year edition for since it came out. for jurassic park, ill wait till it comes for ps+ or just miss it. and for the rest, i already have like 70% of the titles listed, which means of course that its an excellent selection :D

When is The Walking Dead Season pass going to be on sale? I can’t wait ’till next Halloween. :l

Grimmy11 13 March, 2013 @ 12:31 pm   30

Good sale, Nothing for me though as I have played most of these and have got the new Tomb Raider and Mass Effect 3 to play through at the moment (to name a couple). My wallet is glad though!

SetsunaF_Seiei_ 13 March, 2013 @ 12:32 pm   31

Did you all notice access tv episodes have stoped on this blog since ep 68 and now since last week access tv episode 72 on psn are realy fools saying 5 reasons why PS4 is amazing?

The people’s choice 5 reasons why PS4 will be worse than PS3

1. No Backwards Capabilities.
2. No DvD or CD playable not even transfer.
3. PS4 will just be like the PS Vita won’t sell well.
4. PS4 Online will be a monthly payment to play PS4 games
5. GaiKai In The PS4 will steal money for Streaming games that we already own.

Good luck trying to transfer those Expedition Sale PSN games to PS4 as that will never happen (FACT)

HellsSyerBlue 13 March, 2013 @ 12:34 pm   32

i have a question will this sale be in the portuguese store?
By the way theres any chance we get Fifa or pes for free on plus?
hey for last i want to play kingdom hearts 2 and Final Fantasy 12 an X-2 on the ps3 theres any chance they will put them on the psn?
Thanks

Chris Howe 13 March, 2013 @ 12:37 pm

All the titles in the sale above are available in Portugal.

FIFA or PES would be nice but unlikely i think, unfortunately we can’t just pick the games we want, its a little more complex than that :(

Grimmy11 13 March, 2013 @ 12:36 pm   33

ummm I think point 1 and 2 are the same thing, point 3 is a unlikely baseless prediction as is point 4. and point 5 isn’t exactly stealing. Your ps3 will still work and play those games and you don’t have to re-buy them if you don’t want to (IF that’s what they actually do)

HellsSyerBlue 13 March, 2013 @ 12:42 pm   34

i really want to try Tekken tag 2 but i have a feeling it will be free for plus soon

windsorblue01 13 March, 2013 @ 12:43 pm   35

@Chris Howe well done for getting the god of war avatars for plus subscribers you managed to shut me up

After Far Cry 3 I’m interested in Far Cry 2, there’s a free game trial too so even better.

Store has updated (at least partially) btw, currently downloading MGS HD for Vita for free thanks to PS+.

redmattuk 13 March, 2013 @ 12:53 pm   37

Thanks for getting back to me Chris, you are great.

£59.99 for a 32GB card… way to put a barrier to entry up to the BEST (yes I am the best) potential vita customer (no plural).

;)

Hey Chris,

Just to confirm, checked now, and in ZA, we have Essentials Dante’s inferno, and a Dante’s Inferno Super Bundle.

Im hoping the specials carry over to us.

Kotatsu2000 13 March, 2013 @ 12:56 pm   39

Since when was Dante’s Inferno an ‘adventure’ game? It’s a hack and slash button mashing fighting game, or to put it in layman’s terms, a God of War clone. Difficult to go adventuring when all you do is go from arena to arena killing monsters.

So why the limitation on Dante’s Inferno? Assumed you just chose the wrong currency =\.
May well get Dead Island if I can round up some folk. Possibly two worlds 2 too.
Care to give more information on how the what goes on sale and why you dont get to pick the price at all? Would satisfy a lot of complaints Im sure ;).

SergioDaly 13 March, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   41

@31
it clearly says very near the purchase button…
“Compatible with PlayStation®3.”
it does not say it will play in PS4… does it? BC is a extra cost that not every one wants. so keep your ps3 to play your ps3 games.
i have a PS3 60GB model with BC and BC in my console is used for NOTHING… still i had to pay it… not this again please…

quantum7 13 March, 2013 @ 1:03 pm   42

Hi Chris,

Any chance of a future DLC sale for any of the following:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Bulletstorm
Killzone 3
Battlefield 2
Shift 2

Keep up the good work,

Thanks

JadoreSox 13 March, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   43

Same old tat in every sale. Haven’t been able to use the credit i put on PSN before xmas.

dominater444 13 March, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   44

Hello Chris!Nice sale! and the free metal gear solid HD collection for PS+ is also amazing,just a little question when is the REAL store update?Because i’ve heard there are gonna be new characters for Playstation Allstars Battle Royale and i want them!!

markymillertime5 13 March, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   45

When are you removing singstar from my xmb & trophy list? Oh & tried using vidzone last night but after watching 3 songs to 12 adverts I lost interest, another thing that’s been wrecked.

pinkplaybunny 13 March, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   46

Damn Dead Island is even cheaper than it was in the Halloween sale and I haven’t got round to starting it yet!

Can anyone recommend Two worlds 2?

MrChilliBeer 13 March, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   47

Well done Chris, that’s the best price I’ve seen on Dead Island GOTY edition, I’ll certainly pick that up.

Any news on if we’ll be getting the ‘Everybody’s Golf’ character DLC today? The patch last week lists 3 new characters that the game tells me I can buy from the PS Store but they’re not on the store. :(

Alan2112 13 March, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   48

@ xxSamuraiGirlxx

I can confirm that Dead Island disc save file is compatible with the digital version.Having bought it at launch and getting bored of it i traded it in and picked it up again during the Christmas sale.

mh637099 13 March, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   49

What’s wrong with the forum today? I keep getting maintenance messages.

Azuardo 13 March, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   50

Really hoping we can get sales on Skullgirls and Okami HD at some point… Thoughts? :)

Load all