Posted 14 March

Everybody’s Golf PS Vita: Kat from Gravity Rush steps up to the tee

10930Everybody's_Golf_logo_ copy v2

8556197500_cccaf81441_o

If you haven’t played Everybody’s Golf on the PS Vita in a while, now is the time! As some of you may already know, we recently released a feature update (patch 1.05). This long awaited update adds the following features:

Turn-based Challenge

Too busy to join a tournament online at a given time/date? Not to worry! By introducing this “Turn-based Challenge” mode, you can now challenge your friends in an asynchronous competition and play head to head, hole by hole.

Players can now also set up 20 different parallel games at any given time. To avoid cheating, there are no re-dos, similar to Daily Tourneys. Short messages (like SMS) are also now enabled, as well as competitive score history between friends.

Additional gameplay updates include:

• Four-player stroke mode enabled in the multiplayer rooms
  • A slot mode added to the online/adhoc, enabling a slot machine style handicap system applied per hole to keep the game interesting in case there is an imbalance between player skills
  • We’ve also added a new visual lobby in the online space, and tweaked the game balance a little bit

New DLC content

The classic Mt. Sakura returns from Everybody’s Golf on PS2, great for advanced and novice players alike. Those of you who have been with us over the years can reminisce, while those of you who are just joining us can experience some of our great courses from the past.

Another course we are bringing back is Northern Fox. This too is a novice-friendly course, but don’t be fooled — there are some tricky course designs here and there. Both Mt. Sakura and Northern Fox have been revamped completely and look great in today’s resolution standards.

8555053499_127cf532dc_z

8556163954_4802b5b29d_n8555053521_ca1c325189_n

Last but not least, we’re also adding a brand new golf course named Mar Cielo. Surrounded by emerald green waters, this pretty beach resort style golf course is sure to keep the intermediate and advanced players challenged. Don’t get too relaxed on this beautiful golf resort, and watch for the landscapes and obstacles we’ve thrown in there.

We’re also adding new characters to the game: Erika, Gloria and Kat from the PS Vita fan-favourite Gravity Rush. Kat is very much intrigued with her discovery of golf, and is gravitating to the sport with a great deal of curiosity.

8556164034_f542cf6ef0_m8556164044_3ec9e74ce4_m8555053535_6fe04c789f_m

These new courses and characters will be available next Wednesday when PlayStation Store updates. Each character will cost €0.75, with the courses going for €2.49 each. You’ll be able to grab the whole set for €7.49.

So once again, a big thanks to everyone for your patience. We’re happy to finally offer the extended features and DLC available on Everybody’s Golf Happy golfing!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

Will there be any new trophies?

stargateheaven 14 March, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   2

I only bought this game so I could play online with my friend from Japan. Well nope, can’t even do that. Really annoyed about it. I hate games that lock regions for online play – ok i understand why, but at least don’t block me from INVITING.

ShadowhunterrX 14 March, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   3

Ooee nice 0,75€ for Kate. I wanna buy her ( wow that sounds weird ) But I am 0,02€ short. No way. I blame taxes… and myself !

Robinworldwide 14 March, 2013 @ 3:31 pm   4

Looks great! I’m prolly gonna buy this regardless, but am also curious if any new trophies will get added with this!?

I love ‘Everybody’s Golf’ games;) Hopefully there will be a New one for the PS4? & it would be COOL if you got a ‘Hole in one’ say, you could press the ‘Share’ button & show all your PSN Friends online!!!:P MAKE IT SO er SONY PLZ!!!;)

This is only 7.50 in asda for the physical copy think ill have to grab it just waited a bit to see if it was plus bound but its been in a few sales as of late so don’t see it on plus soon

Good stuff. Loved the way the PS3 version was supported with updates and content rather than incremental yearly updates. Another +1 for a PS4 Everybody’s Golf too.

MrChilliBeer 14 March, 2013 @ 4:07 pm   8

YEAH BABY! This is the best news I’ve had all day, awesome.

What’s the conversion to UKP from Euro’s on the cost of the DLC?

Jucksalbe 14 March, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   9

Sounds great. Will probably go for the whole pack. :)

Are there any plans to release the PS3 port of this game outside of Japan?

s2704pds 14 March, 2013 @ 4:21 pm   10

Please may these DLC be made available tomorrow instead lol :D Please :D so we can have them on the weekend … :)

PS: Thank you for making the DLC available to us:D Thank you thank you :D can’t wait to tee off with Kat :) Gosh this is fantastic news

claTorino 14 March, 2013 @ 4:22 pm   11

can’t you just add japanese voice over? i don’t care about everything else…

Fred Dutton 14 March, 2013 @ 5:46 pm

Alas, there are no plans to add Japanese v/o at present, though Kat will keep her unique language v/o.

chrisnajar 14 March, 2013 @ 5:20 pm   12

This is what I hate about all these “fantastic” additions to the PS Store:

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

I have a US account. I have been disappointed every time I tried to take advantage on many of these offers (like the God Of War offers last week). When are US customers like me going to receive something from the Store?

Fred Dutton 14 March, 2013 @ 5:48 pm

Those tags just refer to English-speaking territories covered by the EU Blog. This is a global DLC release which will be available in the US.

my_son_roo 14 March, 2013 @ 5:56 pm   13

Why does this update make me want to buy Everybody’s Golf?!

Toothball 14 March, 2013 @ 7:40 pm   14

Great news, I’ve not played Everybody’s Golf in a while. The star challenges got a bit tough for me, and I struggled to make it round the Legacy Links under par. Will be great to have some new scenery.

Handige_Harry 14 March, 2013 @ 9:03 pm   15

Whoho! Cant wait for it!

alice_push_lara2 14 March, 2013 @ 11:23 pm   16

Posted on 14 March, 2013 at 5:45 pm by Fred Dutton

Yes, the team are currently targeting a Summer launch.

!!!!!!
wow this is a huge news!!
will the ps3 version be a cross-buy?
if that’s the case, then i`ll just wait for the ps3 version to be released! XD

also any chance if we could get gravity rush ported to ps3 as well?
i am a big fan of Kat :)

MistaPita 15 March, 2013 @ 12:09 am   17

Damn, I was hoping “You must be tired” would be patched out! I love the game but the forced accents make me cringe every time.
The DLC looks great, lots of added content!
I don’t suppose theres a chance the saves would synch between the ps3 and vita versions like Motorstorm RC and Soundshapes..?

Wyvern_777 15 March, 2013 @ 4:56 am   18

Any chance you could tell me how much the complete DLC pack will be in AUD? Thanks.

@Fred: no additional PS+ discount like in US? What are the £ prices??

@others: Japanese PS3 version is NOT crossbuy and NOT cross-save – it’s completely independent and you must start from scratch there even online on the same PSN ID (it keeps one for PS3 and another for Vita in stats). However in Japan there was a crossbuy discount – if you’ve had one version the other was available on PS Store for less than half price but I doubt this will be case here or in us :(

Finally – looking at the current state of online play – TOTALLY deserted online lobbies with amount of players countable on one hand of the very uncarefull lumberjack I see very dark future for this even after releasing this for PS3 …

BullyofSmeg 16 March, 2013 @ 11:59 am   20

No Trophies? Damn! Missed a trick there as this would have been an essential purchase for me if it had but as not I will not be spending my pennies on this.

FBZ1501 17 March, 2013 @ 8:03 am   21

Isn’t this patch like 511 mb?
The game is only 1500 mb…. So that’s a whopping jump in file size for features I may not even use?
The new courses should really have come with some new trophies too.
Glad to see this game is getting supported but not sure if it suits me?

MaxKnife 20 March, 2013 @ 9:35 am   22

C’mon Sony, release te DLC in the store! I’m craving for the extra content. EG is a fantastic IP and I own all outings since PS1. I bought a Vita just for EG!
Thought the DLC would never come to this region, but since 1.05 two weeks ago I’m bouncin’ in exitement. Checkin’ the store everyday! Plz don’t keep us fans hanging… Pleeaaaze!

s2704pds 20 March, 2013 @ 2:12 pm   23

I see the DLC is up … but why no bundle pack as stated in the post
:,( ?????????????

MrChilliBeer 20 March, 2013 @ 8:29 pm   24

I went to buy the DLC but the £5.99 bundle pack isn’t there. Until it is, I won’t be buying it.

Erroneus 20 March, 2013 @ 8:31 pm   25

Yeah, where is the bundle? Also some PS+ rebate would have been nice :)

And some stats on the new characters would also have been nice.