Posted 5:32pm

Zeus and Isaac join PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale tomorrow

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC 2

Just stopping by today with a quick reminder that Zeus and Isaac Clarke will be live tomorrow on the PAL PlayStation Store for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, along with our new stage “Graveyard”!

Graveyard mashes up MediEvil’s zombies, mausoleums, and gargoyles with elements from The Unfinished Swan, revealed via ink splats after a mid-game whiteout. It looks great and keeps the fighting honest, with a medium-width playfield and zombies that will earn you AP when destroyed.

Zeus plays as a legendary heavyweight, making each strike feel epic. He’s got limited range, but with the ability to power up every attack merely by holding down the button, he can crush a cowardly opponent’s guard and build AP faster than anyone. Many of his triangle lightning attacks are also excellent at catching multiple opponents for an even faster ride towards his truly Olympian level 3 super.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC 2

Isaac Clarke is at his best harassing opponents from mid-range, with a wide variety of projectiles powered up by his unique Stasis and Kinesis powers. He’s no slouch at close range either, with some mighty melee attacks and the short-range force gun, but he shines brightest harassing more distant opponents with the grenade launcher, bouncing bola, and his Plasma Cutter.

Both characters come with full single-player story modes, including intros, outros, and rival scenes, as well as exclusive unlockable minions, a second unlockable costume, and all the unique customizable taunts, themes, etc. you’ve come to expect.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC 2

In addition to today’s launch of Zeus and Isaac, we’ve also implemented a new balance patch, which modifies every existing character in some way (and fixes some pesky glitches), as well as adding some new bells and whistles to familiar items.

The new “Graveyard” stage will be free in online ranked matches or for €1.99 if you want to own it for offline play. As for Zeus and Isaac, they go for €4.99 each (a bundle for all three pieces of DLC is €9.99).

However, if you’ve redeemed your Network Pass for God of War: Ascension you will be entitled to download both characters at no additional cost. All you have to do is visit the PlayStation Store, use the search function to find PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale add-ons, and look for the two characters to download. Please note, this bonus offer will be available from early next week and run for 30 days. We will update you shortly on exactly when the offer will go live.

Have fun and we hope you enjoy the new content! See you online!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

44 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

This is fantastic news! Just received Ascension in the post today, so was anxiously awaiting to see if we’d get the characters free with the game similarly to the US.

Just to be sure, when you say “you will be entitled to download both costumes” you do mean both characters, right? Don’t want to get too excited in case I’m wrong :P
Either way, can’t wait to get stuck in and give this stage and these characters a go!

Fred Dutton 19 March, 2013 @ 5:39 pm   2

An additional heads-up: we’re targeting Monday afternoon for the God of War: Ascension offer.

brother-arms 19 March, 2013 @ 5:45 pm   3

Where are the 3rd party costumes for Raiden etc. ?

I’ve asked this a few times now but I havnt had a reply nor can find any information to why they ain’t avilable.

I will be getting the characters though :)

link1983 19 March, 2013 @ 5:47 pm   4

Hi, Thanks for the Characters,

I took part in the GOW:A Beta and have not been able to claim the Armour, just the sword?? I know it’s off topic and I am sorry but could someone find out what’s going on? I did change my HDD since playing the Beta but I didn’t think that would matter.

wwinterj 19 March, 2013 @ 5:48 pm   5

Just to clarify we have to wait until Monday for this offer to be valid?

Nightmare966 19 March, 2013 @ 5:49 pm   6

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up Gavin/Fred :)

So Monday afternoon. That way I’ll be able to fully play the game then.

Oh welp. Thanks for making the offer available in some way at SCEE :)

S-o-h-a-i-l 19 March, 2013 @ 5:50 pm   7

Hey, this is great news, thanks a lot Fred ! Is there any specific reason that we have to wait until Monday ?

Fred Dutton 19 March, 2013 @ 5:55 pm

Yes, there are logistical reasons for this – we’re not keeping you waiting for no good reason.

Artemisthemp 19 March, 2013 @ 6:07 pm   8

I don’t own Playstation Battle Royale, but happy to see I will be able to get Zeus and Isaac for free with my Ascension :)

S-o-h-a-i-l 19 March, 2013 @ 6:08 pm   9

Many regards Fred, maybe you should change the title to emphasize the deal or bold the last paragraph so more are aware of this :)

I’

I’d ask what the price in £ is but at 5 euros each there is no point. I personally wouldn’t pay more than £1 per character and even then only if they were decent.

Licence 19 March, 2013 @ 8:01 pm   12

The Pricing seems really off to me, way to expensive for way to little content. The map price is fine, but the characters are ridiculously over priced. I won’t be buying any at that price.

supersmith2500 19 March, 2013 @ 8:12 pm   13

In Arcade Mode, does the NPC still use DLC costumes? And will the NPC use Zeus or Isaac in Arcade mode after you purchase them, it would be annoying if you fight them if you haven’t purchased them.

supersmith2500 19 March, 2013 @ 8:36 pm   14

Btw, I’m going game shopping during my easter holidays in 2 weeks time so I’ll pick up Sly 4 and GoW Ascension. So Fred about this offer, as from next week, if I redeem the online pass from God of War: Ascension during the offer which is on for 30 days. Will I get those 2 characters and the stage or is it only if the online pass is already redeemed?

orzelek69_PL 19 March, 2013 @ 8:42 pm   15

Cool free content for standard edition of GOW:A :D Can’t wait :)

Yurtigo 19 March, 2013 @ 9:16 pm   16

Have to wait for monday, but atleast it’s free.

Hasquarl 19 March, 2013 @ 9:51 pm   17

Will all future DLC also be free if you have the GoW:A Network Pass, or just these two characters?

dangerousbrian0 19 March, 2013 @ 10:35 pm   18

not a bad offer but i think the offer should have gone live monday if they are getting released tomorrow but i will probably still download them as i have both of those games does this offer apply to both versions of PASBR thats ps3 and vita versions as i have both.

s2704pds 19 March, 2013 @ 11:08 pm   19

Is there perhaps any news on the size of the update for the Vita ?

M3RL1NS_N3M3S1S 19 March, 2013 @ 11:19 pm   20

I got all excited when i seen new characters, but that all went out the window when i seen the price… Seriously, €5?! i’ll wait for a sale…

DiscworldDeath 20 March, 2013 @ 8:58 am   21

Fred, will we also get Atelier Totori+ for the Vita? NA just got it, digital download only.

SetsunaF_Seiei_ 20 March, 2013 @ 12:49 pm   22

WoW a 133 patch fix bugs patch update for this PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale game as why this game was totally broken since it came out i did say to everyone this game is like burning your money in your hand and i was correct to say so.

GuerillaBRO 20 March, 2013 @ 12:55 pm   23

Lol, this should’ve been free. I’d rather buy TWD Season 1 than 2 characters for PSABR, lmao.

frazertweezer 20 March, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   24

Some of you don’t seem to realise that the Zeus and Issac characters you get by redeeming the God of War Accension network pass, are for use in Playstation All-Stars, not GOW. Hope this clears it up for you.

Azard300 20 March, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   25

I COULD HUG YOU GUYS RIGHT NOW! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

vickaz91 20 March, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   26

it is a touch pricey for the lot i was thinking more 5/6 pounds will there ever be a sale on costumes as well

SetsunaF_Seiei_ 20 March, 2013 @ 1:23 pm   27

Its your trouble buster groovy Gavin Russell who invests your money to make us suffer! I HATE ALL SCEE members realy i do SCEE are here to sucker us to pay for what looks good but has bugs issues and other major issues with games.

millgate1 20 March, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   28

€5? Just for 1 character? Jaysus, I could get so much more for €5 when it comes to DLC for games. Gonna pass on this one. Not spending €5 on 1 character…unless that character is Spyro or Crash :3

bLaiSe_HUN 20 March, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   29

I redeemed my Network Pass for GOW:A at release day, but the characters are not free. Have anyone downloaded them yet? Should I wait for the store update?

DiscworldDeath 20 March, 2013 @ 2:33 pm   30

@29, read Fred’s replies above… Monday.

Azard300 20 March, 2013 @ 2:33 pm   31

@bLaiSe_HUN

If you read near the bottom of the first post it says

” Please note, this bonus offer will be available from early next week and run for 30 days. We will update you shortly on exactly when the offer will go live.”

Monday 25th of March – afternoon.

DiscworldDeath 20 March, 2013 @ 2:33 pm   32

@29, check Fred’s reply above. It’ll be available for you to redeem on Monday.

bLaiSe_HUN 20 March, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   33

Thanks guys!

Boomalla 20 March, 2013 @ 5:26 pm   34

The two new characters are way overpriced so i’ll give them a miss until they drop 50% in price.

Will this apply do other regions as well?

wwinterj 21 March, 2013 @ 1:34 pm   36

@35 People who buy God of War: A in the USA get codes to download the characters for free right away. This is the Europe alternative.

I bought GoW:A in South America. Im I screwed? :-)

I bought GoW:A pre-order in South America… Do I have an alternative? :-(

Azard300 25 March, 2013 @ 1:41 pm   40

Heads-up guys Zeus and Isaac offer is live! for those who got the God of War Collectors Edition!

chrisbutt_2000 25 March, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   41

What steps do you need to take in order to redeem the free All Stars DLC from God of War Collector’s Edition?

Nightmare966 25 March, 2013 @ 3:32 pm   42

Collector’s Edition or not, you simply must have redeemed your Online Pass. If so, enter the Store and it should appear as Free :D

chrisbutt_2000 25 March, 2013 @ 3:37 pm   43

@Nightmare966 It say i’ve already redeem the code try enough one :S

chrisbutt_2000 25 March, 2013 @ 3:44 pm   44

my bad, I only read half of your answer i didn’t check if it was free, cheers @Nightmare966