Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:00pm

PlayStation Plus: Your April update

PS-Plus-1024x576

Hi everyone! It’s that time of the month again where we update you on all the new PlayStation Plus content coming your way in April.

Firstly, as PlayStation Plus is a pretty awesome service and there would never be a reason to leave, we are very happy to say that as of last Wednesday, 20th March, until 10th April, if you purchase and redeem a one year subscription you will automatically receive an extra 90 days membership at no extra cost! So, whether you are new to the service or want to stack your membership make sure you take advantage of this offer.

There are three new PS3 game and two for PS Vita in the line-up for April, as well as awesome titles such as Joe Danger 2, Dead or Alive 5 and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection that are already available for download.

New PlayStation 3 content
We are very happy to announce that as of 3rd April, for one month only, you can download the critically acclaimed Okami HD as part of your PlayStation Plus subscription.

In this digitally re-mastered version of Capcom’s beautiful PS2 adventure, you will take on the role of mythical sun goddess Amaterasu, who takes the form of a wolf. Your task is to restore colour (or ‘life’) to the world by destroying the monsters who have stolen it. This really is a must-play for all PS3 users. Don’t just take my word for it, download and enjoy!

Also dropping into the service on 3rd April is Warner Bros’ exhilarating action RPG Lord of the Rings: War in the North. You will become part of the great battle of the North as part of the epic War of the Ring. The game includes extensive character customisation and development; expansive co-op gameplay options and upgradeable weapons, skills and special abilities so download and join the fight!

war in the north

Your final PS3 offering for the month comes from our friends at SEGA in the form of The Cave. Brought to you by veteran Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert award-winning studio Double Fine Productions, The Cave is an addictive platforming adventure which sends your squad of three unlikely explorers spelunking into a mysterious cavern.

New PS Vita content
First up for PS Vita on 10th April is acclaimed interactive adventure Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward. The story begins when Sigma the main character is kidnapped and awakens in an elevator with a girl named Phi. Zero III, a talking rabbit, appears on a computer monitor in front of them and tells them they must escape the elevator; the pair find themselves in an abandoned warehouse alongside seven other people with the ultimate goal of escaping the building alive!

Last but certainly not least we’re very happy to announce that on 24th April you can download incredible indie puzzle platformer Thomas Was Alone. We’re exceptionally excited to bring this BAFTA-nominated Cross-Buy gem to both PS3 and PS Vita for four weeks!

As usual, you can also expect exclusive PS Plus discounts over the coming weeks, including some fantastic deals on The Walking Dead series currently underway, and big savings on Sleeping Dogs DLC and F1 2012. We’ll update you on these offers and more in the weekly Store posts.

In summary

Leaving PS Plus in April:

Entering PS Plus in April:

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about the Instant Game Collection, which gives members access to at least 14 games at any one time and up to 65 games across the course of a 12 month subscription – all for a one-off payment of just £39.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

359 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first
RoaringMdog18 22 March, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   1

Holy crap, another great month for me :D Great job guys!

Domatron0602 22 March, 2013 @ 1:03 pm   2

YESSSSSSSSSSS SO unbelievable happy. THANK YOU GUYS :D

Samabyte 22 March, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   3

Phenomenal. I’ve actually had Zero Escape and Okami in my basket over the last few months, so great update!

And thanks for giving us a bit more variety!

When will we hear about the results of the PS Plus survey about what games we want? (If I haven’t missed it?)

Chris Howe 22 March, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

No sorry I haven’t had a chance to put it together yet but I will try to get it done in the next few weeks

hilts663 22 March, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   4

Not exactly a good month for PS3 users :(

Silent_Gig 22 March, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   5

Wow, this is brilliant Virtues Last Reward – YES PLEASE!
I already own Okami HD but this is a bang up month.

inzyster 22 March, 2013 @ 1:05 pm   6

Holy butts, that is incredible!

almighty-slayer 22 March, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   7

Aw, worst month in ages.

Looking forward to Thomas Was Alone, but that’s it.

Speedfreak_R 22 March, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   8

Wow nice! Was waiting for Okami to go on sale, but the is even better! Also Virtue’s Last Reward for free. Really looking forward! :D

BernardoOne 22 March, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   9

Awesome, I really wanted The Cave for PS3(already have PC version) Okami HD and Virtue Last Reward.

BernardoOne 22 March, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   10

Also, if you consider suggestion, I would love to see some lego games on plus :D

whiteylfc 22 March, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   11

Another brilliant update, well done SCEE.

Just hope PS+ continues on PS4 (partly as with the various discount offers lately I’m subscribed until some time in 2016 :P)

jim_sey 22 March, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   12

Great month guys but i have a couple of questions. Will we see NBA 2K13 or Gran Turismo 5 on PS Plus IGC anytime soon and also will UFC Undisputed 2010 on PSP be reduced as £32 for a 3 year old PSP game is too much and it would be nice to play it on Vita. Thanks.

Chris Howe 22 March, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

No plans for either of them at the moment I am afraid.

I will look into the price of UFC and see if we can sort out a discount or reduction

Samabyte 22 March, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   13

Oh, and if you want suggestions, some popcap games like plants vs zombies and peggle would be great and provide a bit more variety from the usual more mature titles on plus.

Azuardo 22 March, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   14

Haha! Chris, you tease! I wondered if there was a slight hint of Okami HD coming to the IGC when you said it perhaps wouldn’t get a discount ;) No, it didn’t get a discount, it went straight to the IGC! This has made my day… or month, rather :P

Now, about that Skullgirls… ;)

But seriously, thanks. You guys have been doing a fantastic job.

Envirasu 22 March, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   15

Another excellent month. I’ve already got War in the North, but I’ll definitely be downloading the rest.

AshesArise 22 March, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   16

kinda disappointed if i’m honest, but i guess i’ll check out the cave.

chrisboers 22 March, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   17

Epic month, you guys are really on a roll lately!
Okami HD has been on my radar for a while now, Lord of the Rings: War in the North is a bit meh, but I heard marvellous things of The Cave already.

As for Vita stuff: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward and Thomas are realyl excellent games. Thomas is a bit minimalistic, but really epic storytelling.

GANTZn00b 22 March, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   18

sorry for the n00b question , im new to PS plus

if i downloaded the free mass effect in march can i still continue play it after it has been removed from free ps plus ?

Chris Howe 22 March, 2013 @ 1:33 pm

Yes if you download Mass Effect 3 before it leaves the service it is yours to play for as long as you are a member

Zanetsu 22 March, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   19

Looks great! Finished 999 late last year, been looking forward to playing VLR.

Andy_J_Mc 22 March, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   20

Not a bad lot there for some. I remember playing a demo of Okami on the PS2 and was intrigued by it it, it’s the only thing I’m looking forward too though. The subscription offer is good though, shame I’ve just renewed mine via game.co.uk for half the price.

S-o-h-a-i-l 22 March, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   21

Okami HD & Virtues Last Reward ! This is amazing, thanks so much Chris, I’ve been rattling on about Okami HD in particular, and it looks like my voice was heard :D

JO-AYNE 22 March, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   22

This is great! I’d intended to buy Okami sometime next month so this is fantastic! Thank you :)

Gary485 22 March, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   23

Not a fan of Okami. Despise Lord of the Rings. I should like Cave though. Seems like my kind of game. ZOMG VIRTUES LAST REWARD!!! I was praying that would be in. Adored the demo and I just recently played through 999 on the DS. This was easily my most wanted Vita game currently out. Perfect game for Plus. We’ll see how it goes with Thomas was Alone. Looks interesting. Overall, good update. I’ve got a huge backlog anyway so even with the only PS3 game I’ll like being Cave it’s all good.

Even the games I don’t like aren’t bad games. Just not my thing. And I know how much people have been screaming for Okami, so I appreciate the fact it’s on there even if I don’t personally like it.

pinkplaybunny 22 March, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   24

Hmm, boo bought the cave on release in Jan..

Virtues last reward is a vita game i wanted to try though!

LOTR could be ok and so could Okami, never played them at least!

I bought a GAME code for a year psn plus on the 15th, just missed out :-(

laticspieman 22 March, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   25

Brilliant! My highlight is definately Thomas was alone. Can I request star wars force unleashef 2 for a future month. Thanks :D

Stonesthrow 22 March, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   26

Okami is great, especially with the Move. Already got it and the rest doesn’t interest me. Haven’t gotten a lot of the previous offers either, I just don’t like downloading full games, takes too long.

Bacon_Crispies 22 March, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   27

Okami and the Cave are good but this month the best game is clearly Virtues Last Reward.
I’ve been on the fence about buying it and have even asked it to be added to plus a few times, glad to see it at last.

johnnycide 22 March, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   28

That’s a really nice update! I was quite intrigued by Thomas was Alone so to get it free is great news. I’ve never played Okami so that’ll be given a go and anything by Double Fine is worth my time!

Zero Escape looks interesting, not entirely sold from the trailer but a nice addition. Lord of the rings leaves me a bit cold so I probably won’t bother (I’m still on skyrim!).

I know you listen to requests so could we possibly get Dead Island at some point?

Thanks for the update, keep up the good work!

MASPALOMAZ 22 March, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   29

So no shooter this month ?? I AM QUITTING PS PLUS !!!

hahah j/k, but these games are not much for me, glad some people will like them a lot, i would love some old PS plus games to come back like bioshock 2 because i missed it by one day , but prolly not going to happen :( thanks anyways for the effort :)

Sheennshine7 22 March, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   30

Hoping May brings a better selection of games.. Major sad face for April :(

evilwitch83 22 March, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   31

I already have virtues last reward, but thanks for adding the cave and Okami Hd.

Is there any chance of Disgaea 3 absence of detention being added next month?

Chris Howe 22 March, 2013 @ 1:53 pm

Disgaea 3 is not currently available in quite a few regions so I am trying to find out why to see if we can use it at some point in the IGC

DoYouLikeMyID 22 March, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   32

Awesome! I’ve been thinking about buying Virtue’s Last Reward for quite some time now. :D

Also, I’ve never played Okami, but it sure looks interesting, so I’ll definately give it a go.

The Cave looks really interesting as well, so overall a really good month with great variety in content.

I still have 6 month left of PS Plus, but I think I’ll just renew my subscribtion with this great offer.

Great job as always! Keep it up :D

ADAMJAMESXX 22 March, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   33

Lol at least America won’t be jealous this time :-D although I can’t complain ps is awesome :-D will the lord of the rings game be as terrible as that one we got free months ago? Honest question not being a troll lol or whatever the kids call it nowadays :-D

Nice update..! now please give us Spec Ops:The Line next month.. please..

Chocobo115 22 March, 2013 @ 1:15 pm   35

bucking awesome month,
well except I ordered Virtues Last Reward yesterday, thining that hell will freeze over before it comes on PS+…
Ach will see if I can cancel the order or if I should keep it (I like boxed copies after all…

Xenikun 22 March, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   36

Wow, some great games next month! Sadly I already own most of them.
Okami HD is a fantastic game and VLR is a great choice for Vita! I was eying up The Cave, so I guess that’s all for me this time. :P

Shi_Neko 22 March, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   37

I was hoping for Ninja Gaiden S+ this month and then I saw this update. Zero Escape. ZERO ESCAPE. It’s the best info I read this month. Thank you :D (and Okami!)

Pandarin_86 22 March, 2013 @ 1:18 pm   38

Oooo, Okami! Thanks guys! :)

jamesbduk 22 March, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   39

First really poor month IMHO.

Had been really looking forward to the announcement but gutted to find a ps2 update that I played 8 years ago as the flagship title, another flipping Lord of the Rings RPG (not bored enough by guardians of middle earth?) and The Cave which is really quite a tedious game…

As a latecomer to PS3, I’ve only had playstation plus since December and have with retrospect, been rather spoilt. I just hope this months shoddy offering isn’t a sign of things to come…

JD

benzopil 22 March, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   40

Hi Chris! Great update, thanks for Okami.

Any chance that we’ll get Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for Vita in May?

I don’t know, I feel cheated somehow. We are supposed to receive 2 “real” PS3 games and one PSN title each month, this has been the promised deal since Ross introduced the IGC.

Yet we see just one mediocre WB PS3 games and 2 PSN games, the classic Okami and the new and decent The Cave. Imho that is disappointing for the PS3 and, as mentioned, seems wrong.

Zero Escape for the Vita is great, no idea about this other game.

Argh, just completed VLR! Great game though and glad to see it in plus. I already have Okami, it’s great if your Tv can convert to 3d too, just the kind of game that should be in plus. Very pleased with the rest of the content. I would like to see more God of War for plus in the future too.

residentSteve 22 March, 2013 @ 1:21 pm   43

Nothing for me next month always thought Okami was overrated myself I don’t like the look of the cave at least I have both gows to play if you know what I mean

XeniEmi 22 March, 2013 @ 1:21 pm   44

Wow, a fantastic month for plus subscribers. I can’t understand how people are disappointed in this months offerings. It’s just a shame I own both Okami HD and VLR but will be recommending them to all my friends who do have plus so they can take advantage of it!

ShadowDoGGG 22 March, 2013 @ 1:22 pm   45

flip you are crafty Sony… Virtues last reward… now I need to get a vita :(

Hey Chris,

A little off-topic but…

What’s the deal with GOW:Ascension ?
Is it getting digital release or not ?

thanks

Splutterbug 22 March, 2013 @ 1:22 pm   47

Wow another fantastic update for both Vita and PS3 users

PARAN0ID_PANDA3 22 March, 2013 @ 1:23 pm   48

nothing good for me this month :(

GLASSWITCH 22 March, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   49

Plus just keeps getting better! This year it really has stepped up a notch – Thanks guys for bringing us great content! I’m getting really excited to see what is coming next! But i do have one complaint; not enough hours in a day to play all this stuff!! I really need a time machine or to stop sleeping… naaa, just a time machine.

Thanks guys!

AshesArise 22 March, 2013 @ 1:25 pm   50

Any chance we can get games like Mafia 2, Dragons Dogma, Sly, Dead Space etc?

Chris Howe 22 March, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

Possibly in the future, Dragons Dogma is one that I had on my radar but it has only been available on disk but that should change soon.

We had Dead Space 2 back in August last year so would seem a little backwards to have Dead Space

Load all