Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 11:00am

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita’s Marvel Arcade Pack lands next week

LBPV_Marvel_DPS ad_english

For those of you eagerly salivating over new adventures for Sackboy on the PS Vita… well, you need drool no longer! We are delighted to announce a brand new game add-on for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita; the Marvel Arcade Pack!

The Marvel Arcade Pack contains three fantastic new games, each of which will challenge you in very different ways.

In Hero Rush, team-up with three of your favourite Marvel heroes – such as Iron Man, Spider-man, or Thor – and try to survive for as long as you can. Shoot for highscore heroics by avoiding plasma beams, rockets, and all sorts of obstacular trickery. Of course, obstacular isn’t a real word, but you should never let a dictionary get in the way of your thrilling Marvel heroics!

In the mind bending puzzler Avengers: Ultimate Escape guide several Marvel heroes, including Hulk, Captain America and many more, through a deadly maze. The cool thing about this game is that the challenges you face will be completely different depending on the hero you choose!

And last, but by no means least, we have S.H.I.E.L.D. – Interceptor! Take control of the Quinjet and blast your way through wave after wave of the invading Chitauri hordes. Don’t forget to pick up coins along the way to unlock new weapons in The Vault.

Of course, it wouldn’t be a LittleBigPlanet level pack without a whole host of new create assets to play with and bring your own creations to life! By collecting coins in the arcade games, you can unlock over a hundred new stickers, dozens of decorations,sound effects, and three new interactive music tracks.

The Marvel Arcade Pack will be available on 3rd April priced at £3.99/€4.99, exclusively for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Be there, or we’ll send Hulk round to convince you!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

16 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

new trophys?

randellaUK 26 March, 2013 @ 11:18 am   2

We need more trophy level add ones for LBP was such great add ons with pirates and metal gear

Aces73High 26 March, 2013 @ 11:55 am   3

Yes! New LittleBigPlanet PS Vita DLC you say? Count me in. Man, I love that game.

RossyWilson 26 March, 2013 @ 11:56 am   4

Sorry im new to LBP dlc. Does this mean we need the Marvel Costume packs to play this or do we get them with the arcade pack.

S Rosenkotter 26 March, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

You don’t need to buy them in order to play the Marvel Arcade Pack. But no one is going to stop you from buying them if that’s what you want to do! :)

If Littlebigplanet was on playstation plus for vita it would be awsome….

TINTINTB303 26 March, 2013 @ 12:47 pm   6

@Simon Rosenkotter

I’m a fan of the LBP games (PS3 & Vita) and really enjoyed the singleplayer campaign in LBPVita but will you ever fix the god awful multiplayer?

Sometimes (very rare) it’ll run fine but then I’ll play with the exact same people the next day and it is an unplayable laggy mess.

I know MANY people who do not play LBPVita anymore due to the lag issues on the majority of play sessions :-(

One final point is the time it takes to load community created levels. sometimes 5 minutes just to play a level that takes 1 minute to complete. It is just unacceptable and again I know many of my Vita owning friends have given up playing community levels due to the very long load times.

Are there plans to fix these problems??

Seems such a shame that this great game has been crippled by these issues :-(

S Rosenkotter 26 March, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

Hi TinTinB303,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with LBP Vita.

There is a patch coming very soon that will address some of the connection issues that some players are experiencing at the moment.

The long loading times of community levels were fixed in a recent patch actually and it now shouldn’t take more than a minute to load a community level. In fact, most levels should take less than that.

We will of course continue to make improvements where ever we can!

TINTINTB303 26 March, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   7

Cheers for the timely reply Simon. Much appreciated :-)

Really glad to hear that a patch is coming for the connection/lag issues. That’s great news and I’ll let my fellow Vita owning friends know of this.

I haven’t put my LBPVita cartridge into my Vita for a while so I’ll check out the patch that addresses the loading times for community levels. Again I’ll let my fellow Vita owning friends know.

Hopefully I can get back to enjoying LBPVita as it was meant to be ;-)

Thanks again.

TinTin :-)

How bigs the download?
Been looking for an excuse to pop in LBP into my Vita again!
Is there a trailer or video clip of the new levels?

S Rosenkotter 26 March, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

There will be short trailer next week! Keep an eye on the PS Blog. :)

The download for this pack itself will be tiny since all the data is included in a patch that goes out to all users.

Good to hear… I’ll check out the trailer.

keywarrior17 26 March, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   10

i already own a few marvel costumes. just wondering does this pack come with any more costumes?

S Rosenkotter 26 March, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

Hi keywarrior,

This pack does not contain any costumes, but there are already 6 Marvel costume packs available. That’s 30 Marvel costumes! :)

Please stop putting all DLC files in patches!!! Takes so much space on my memory card :/

QuietlyWrong 26 March, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   12

The DLC files HAVE to go into the patches – to enable you to play on any community levels that use that DLC… or with other sackpeople who are wearing that DLC.

FBZ1501 26 March, 2013 @ 5:18 pm   13

So how big is the patch then??
The recent Everybody Golf patch is over 500mb!

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 26 March, 2013 @ 8:13 pm   14

I second that, please stop outing DLC in patches because it’s annihilating my puny 16GB memory stick. Anyway, thankyou for the continued support and please consider these ideas for DLC and get back to me with your ideas:
• The Simpsons costume pack
• Assassin’s Creed Redcoat Skin/ Connor Skin
• Silent Hill costume pack

Thankyou, I’d love to see some of those dreams realised.

Singspam 26 March, 2013 @ 8:23 pm   15

REMOVE THIS GROSS SINGSTAR SPAM!!!!

aros2011 28 March, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   16

Looks great. I’ve been excited for some new levels being added for a while.

How much content is there though? Is there an hour or two of each game or are they 10 – 15 minute mini games? It’s difficult to judge the value of LBP addons if you aren’t going to use the create stuff.

The shooting game for example – how many levels does it have?

Is there a level structure for each of the three?