Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:00pm

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time launches on PS3 and PS Vita this week!

EnglandIGC22

Wow! The day has finally arrived! This week, one of the most loved heroes in PlayStation history is coming out of retirement…

Join master thief Sly Cooper as he makes his long awaited return, setting out to catch a time-travelling villain who’s scouring the past to pinch the Cooper clan’s biggest burgling secrets.

There’s only one thing for it: the gang needs to hook up pronto and travel through time to unravel the mystery before the Coopers are erased from history forever…

There’s a secret weapon in the fight for the Cooper legacy, too: when you pick up the game on PlayStation 3, you can download the PlayStation Vita version at no extra cost – so you can thieve through time, any time.

Double your efforts with the Cross-Save feature, which lets you continue your PS Vita experience on PS3, and vice versa. What’s more, Cross-Play turns your PS Vita into a treasure scanner. Make sure your PS Vita and PS3 systems are connected to the same wireless network, and you’ll have every thief’s dream kit in the palm of your hands.

Hurry up!!! There is no time to waste… help Sly thwart the cunning crook before his family’s legacy is lost forever.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

75 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first
Flipside666 27 March, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   1

so what day can i press go on my ready downloaded game? :)

oddment84 27 March, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   2

My pre-ordered copies are downloaded and ready to go! Was hoping to be able to play this evening, but I hear that they won’t be available until midnight… is that right? :(

fred will the vita copy on the ps3 version be available at 12:01am later tonight?

BaBy-_-D3aN0 27 March, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   4

The pre-order for this has the vita file size at nearly 16GB, surely that’s a mistake? Or have I misunderstood something?

Flipside666 27 March, 2013 @ 1:22 pm   5

Thanks Fred. @BaBy-_-D3aN0 vita and ps3 versions are bundled together

nicolajNN 27 March, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   6

What are the language option in the digital version? I’m from Denmark but would prefer to play it in English

CoolRichy007UK 27 March, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   7

Fred Dutton

i pre ordered the game downloaded it installed it are you conferming that 12.01am tonight the game will auto activate cuz i dont wanna redownload the game its 19GB

& BaBy-_-D3aN0 the vita game will be less then 16GB cuz when i pre ordered it it said 34GB but thats cuz the ps3 version gets vita version free and has a few demos with it i guess and the free skin pack

CoolRichy007UK 27 March, 2013 @ 1:27 pm   8

mr Fred Dutton plz confirm it because its the 1st ever game i pre orderd on the ps store and im worried that come 12.01 am tonight it wont play im soo not gonna re install it i just need peice of mind that it will unlock tonight

oh BTW bentlys hackpack game is good i can see they pulled mini games from sly racoon4 to get us ready for the game oh and the BENTLEYS building in hackpack is a spoof from tron legacy and i can see a light cycle game in the arcade to unlock :D

CoolRichy007UK 27 March, 2013 @ 1:29 pm   9

Flipside666 yes i wondered why it was 34GB lol it was cuz ps3 version vita version some demos in diffrent laungages and skinpack was all together then all you had todo is get the version you need

oh and Flipside666 play bently hackpack game its only about £3 very good but not a easy game lol

aseddon 27 March, 2013 @ 1:37 pm   10

you can download all the versions ready for friday now if you want to, you just can’t play it until friday. Pretty cool how you can preload like that. Got the Vita version which is about 3.2gb ready to transfer over to my Vita for friday. A great price at £19.99 for essentially two versions of one game.

only slight niggle is that you need 19gb for PS3 version then a further 19gb to install it.

Looks good, hopefully it’ll make me get into platformers a bit more.

I want to play this game but there is just to much to play at the moment…WELL DONE SONY tho;)

Catkiller1 27 March, 2013 @ 1:46 pm   12

Have this ready and waiting. I had to preorder off the store at that price!

Anyone asking about the VITA version it’s just over 3GB and you’ll notice the various versions & multiple languages from your download list, within the store.

Looking forward to this, as I have just recently enjoyed the Trilogy.

LiquidSolid 27 March, 2013 @ 1:50 pm   13

I was going to buy the game but:
UK price: £20 (converts to NZ$40)
Aus price: AU$40 (converts to NZ$50)
Actual NZ price: NZ$60

So instead of paying your artificially inflated ripoff prices, I’m not buying it until it hits the bargain bin. Thanks for saving me the money.

Flipside666 27 March, 2013 @ 1:52 pm   14

i downloaded by clicking the button that downloads the whole pack ps3 and vita and all the random versions and packs in one, it says its 19 gb on the ps3, im wondering cuz i dont have a vita can i uninstall the vita version from the game and get that 3gb back?

@CoolRichy007UK will do its been on my radar from its release :D

Flipside666 27 March, 2013 @ 1:55 pm   15

does that make sence? im asking if in that 19gb the vita version is in there too? or is that purely the PS3 version lol

dirtyCAT79 27 March, 2013 @ 1:55 pm   16

Hi
If I purchase the vita version – does that unlock the PS3 version also?
I don’t understand if cross buy works both ways?

tonyXjini 27 March, 2013 @ 2:01 pm   17

Can it be that the full version is out?… Yesterday I download it to my vita after pre ordered and today I played it… So far nothing seemed to be stoping me, so I guess I have the full and not the demo… Can it be that the full version is already playable?!???

baananabent 27 March, 2013 @ 2:02 pm   18

So when will be be able to download it here in Denmark? :D

RoaringMdog18 27 March, 2013 @ 2:04 pm   19

Do we get a code with the ps3 game to download the Vita version, or do we download it trough the disc benefits tab like they did with R&C Full Frontal Assault?

joushikijin 27 March, 2013 @ 2:12 pm   20

Terrible, terrible, terrible trailer. A real eyesore. Looking forward to the game tough ;)

foxsevent 27 March, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   21

I’m confused, i bought the pre-order and im able to play it since 27.03 at 1am, Is this correct?
As for someone else question, the PS VITA version weights 3GB, on the store it states 16GB cause there a 5 version of it with different languages.
Example. Polish,Czech,Russian or English,German,Spanish.

CoolRichy007UK 27 March, 2013 @ 3:03 pm   22

@ to all comments about the game but not flipside

THE GAME IS PLAYABLE FROM 12.01 TONIGHT EU GMT TIME anyone who can play it before the game activates will be flipsided with a hand slap

CoolRichy007UK 27 March, 2013 @ 3:04 pm   23

oh and mr flipside check your inbox :)

foxsevent 27 March, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   24

Well then slap me till im red cause im playing it right now.

Flipside666 27 March, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   25

lol right on coolRichy, @foxsevent Kinky ;)

supersmith2500 27 March, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   26

Will the PS3 retail version include the digital Vita version as well?

foxsevent 27 March, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   27

supersmith2500
Yes all PS3 version of “Sly Thieves in Time” will give a free digital copy fro PS VITA.
But not the other way, if you a PS VITA copy you won’t get PS3 copy.

silmorat1 27 March, 2013 @ 4:22 pm   28

Can’t wait 12.01 – Its not fare I want to play it now

Maqer90 27 March, 2013 @ 5:18 pm   29

not working ‘Disc Benefits’ bull….

AaronSOLDIER 27 March, 2013 @ 5:30 pm   30

£19.99 is a decent price but it makes up for the one month later release I guess. Got this off the US Store a few weeks back and it’s great. Just a shame Jak & Daxter didn’t make an appearance on PS3. IMO that’s why Sony fell short this gen: focusing too much on shooters and action games and not enough on platformers which is kinda what made them successful in the first place (Crash, Spyro, Ratchet etc.).

Stop trying to be like M$ and be a PlayStation.

Psicojacorral 27 March, 2013 @ 5:34 pm   31

Yes, disc benefits is not working on any country right now… I guess when the UK game launches onto the store they will unlock it for all countries…but that’s not how it should be working Sony…

aaron101 27 March, 2013 @ 6:53 pm   32

pre orderd this from game for £29.99 then saw the price on here very quickly cancelled the game one and have it now waiting to be played cannot wait. pub this evening then an all nighter with sly gonna be awesome :)

sammy9005 27 March, 2013 @ 7:09 pm   33

does the game come out in shops on friday in the UK or is it already out in shops

Mollinz 27 March, 2013 @ 9:32 pm   34

Abysmal.. shockingly bad…

I hear the games good though. :)

pilkjaer 27 March, 2013 @ 9:45 pm   35

Dear, Sony. Can you, please, explain me why the hack disc benefits are still no working!? Game was available on PS Vita’s PSN, but not on the PS3′s PSN. So I’ve spent the whole day today trying to download the PS Vita version that I should get free with PS3-version purchase :S

pilkjaer 27 March, 2013 @ 9:48 pm   36

@Psicojacorral: the game was released a while ago in USA and they had similar problems. they were fixed, but Sony never learn…
Sony support is terrible. I’ve sent 2 mails to them and it’s been already 72 days they are answering them (in auto-reply stated that it normally takes 72 hours). Made several posts on their support forums – still no reaction :(

Psicojacorral 27 March, 2013 @ 10:23 pm   37

Yes pilkjaer, I know it… I had an answer from spanish blog. They told us they’re looking at it, but we know that the solution is at 00.00 UK time or 01.00 here in Spain

anunnakid 28 March, 2013 @ 12:10 am   38

I demand a patch for the option to play this game in English.
who came up with the brilliant idea to lock users under their native language only?
fix this Sanzaru or Sony, we are not all 7 year kids playing this amazing game.

goaaala_baer 28 March, 2013 @ 12:39 am   39

Disc Benefits is still “coming soon” when I put in my Sly Cooper PS3 disc. It’s well past UK midnight so the statement was false.

Fowler90 28 March, 2013 @ 12:44 am   40

Downloaded the game via pre-order but it will not launch for me tonight. My understanding from Fred’s earlier comments is that the game should now be live. Anyone else having this problem?

pilkjaer 28 March, 2013 @ 5:37 am   41

@anunnakid: are you playing downloaded version or from the disc? I have no problems playing in English with my PS3 hard-copy that I bought. Det funkar hur bra som helst. Bara att man kan inte ladda ner jävla PSVita versionen från PS3.

pilkjaer 28 March, 2013 @ 5:42 am   42

@Fowler90: what and where did you pre-ordered? I pre-ordered in a game shop so I got the game at launch day (27/3) and PS3-version was working. I can’t download my PS Vita version via cross-buy disc benefits. I can see the game in the PSN but it’s “not available”. If I open the PSN on my PS Vita the game is out there and I can buy/download it. This is SO annoying…
It can be so that UK/Irland may have different launch day. It it’s 28/3, then you will have to wait for some lousy admin to come back to work and press the magic button.

braagaard 28 March, 2013 @ 6:04 am   43

Same problem here, no disk benifits availble? Same error as the US release, very bad it happens again, dont you lean fom your mistakes?

Kevling 28 March, 2013 @ 7:53 am   44

Disc Benefits still not live here I’m the Uk either. :(

Hi Fred, I got a US copy, will I be able to enable cross buy using my EU account?

Edvardcooper 28 March, 2013 @ 9:12 am   46

I got the game yesterday and it was AMAZING! I played for 4 hours straight and I’m still only on episode 1. The game is great and as big Sly fan it’s exactly what I was expecting. Sanzaru, you’ve done an awesome job and thank you for bringing back the best Playstation character ever!

anunnakid 28 March, 2013 @ 9:22 am   47

@pilkjaer
I have the vita version as I dont want the ps3 version. I only have the option to play the game in scandinavian languages. Also my pre-order dlc doesnt seem to work… the digital booklet is in danish but I bought the game in Sweden… at gamestop.
SANZARU and whoever localized this game, get your (CENSORED) together and let people play their vita game in whatever language they want… Im enjoying the game, its the best vita game to date. Fixa detta Sony, ni är så slöa…

pilkjaer 28 March, 2013 @ 9:52 am   48

@anunnakid
The pre-order DLC-code is rubbish. It unlocks 3 items that otherwise were obtainable via normal gameplay. They don’t give you any in-game advantage and just decorative. My code worked fine but Gamestop forgot to include it, so I had to come to them 2 times. Game manual was in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish. It was possible to choose any language I wanted from like 10+ (it’s damn alot of languages). Due to disc bonuses that are currently not working, I can’t test the PSV-version :( Will let you know as soon as I get access. Btw, price at Gamestop for PS3+PSV version was 375:- (or so). On PSN you can buy both of them for like 209:- BUT – PS3 version is 26GB! I have hardly 10MB left on my HDD so better stick with disk-version.

supersmith2500 28 March, 2013 @ 10:48 am   49

Thank you for saving me from frustration as I was going to town and buy it today. Once it’s fixed, I’m heading to town. I seriously want to play on the Vita so bad.

Echuilles9 28 March, 2013 @ 11:09 am   50

I already bought the US version of this game on day one, but I bought the European (PS3) version too, mainly to get to play this on my Vita.
I already know that this is easily the worst Sly game so far, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to play it… So could you please just get the disc benefits working.

Load all