Posted 3:00pm

Stealth B**tard sneaks onto PS3 and PS Vita this summer

Lead image TipTap_v001

Hello! I am utterly overjoyed to bring you news that Stealth B**tard, our outrageously devious stealth-puzzle-platformer, will be sneaking its way on to PS3 and PS Vita this Summer!

If you’ve not yet heard of Stealth B**tard, it’s our deadly stealth platform game with a fast paced twist! Following your birth in a cloning lab, you find yourself trapped in a vast and overwhelming network of dastardly chambers, replete with vicious, yet hilarious, booby traps and deranged robots! Your task is simple; stay out of sight and get to the exit. Persevere to the bitter end and you might just discover the secrets of this vicious world!

We like to look at Stealth B**tard as stealth gaming without the waiting. Gone are the days of hanging around in a locker or a conveniently-placed human-sized crate! The mechanical foes of our stealth world are much less forgiving, instantly eviscerating you or your fellow captives on sight!

robots_v003Clone_conveyor_belt

The game boasts brilliantly crisp visuals, an abundance of character, tight controls and a steady difficulty curve that gradually ramps up across 80 levels, spread over eight unique worlds. Additional features such as un-lockable gadgets, speedrun leaderboards and a level editor gives the game unlimited replay value!

With stages taking anywhere between 30 seconds and 10 minutes to complete, plus tons of secrets to discover, we think our game will really be coming home for PS3 and PS Vita!

This is all very exciting! But there’s more… we’d like to present our fans with an opportunity to be a part of Stealth B**tard’s journey to PlayStation. We want to rename Stealth B**tard to something less profane… it’s just too rude!

We therefore want you to have a go at naming the PlayStation versions – if you think you’ve got the perfect profanity-free solution to our naughty title, we want to hear from you!

SBHDscreenshot_workedinto_2_4_2013_scans

If you’ve got a great idea for a new title, head on over to our site and submit it to us! If you suggest the winning name, we’ll give you a spot in the credits, a copy of the game when it’s finished, and we’ll throw in a PS Vita as well! Not bad, eh?!

The closing date is 14th April 2013, so drop on by to http://www.curve-studios.com/win-a-ps-vita without delay to submit your ideas!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

26 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

Silent_Gig 2 April, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   1

Oh wow, id never thought this would come to PS – i saw this on another site and i really loved the gameplay. Cant wait to give this one a try!

vonhammer 2 April, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   2

Level editor raises my interest. Any chance of a demo or a PS4 version.

sentry-23 2 April, 2013 @ 3:19 pm   3

I’d like to propose the name ‘Creep’, which seems to capture the game mechanics as well as the B**tard part.

Happy Days. Looks like fun.

JohnoBoy 2 April, 2013 @ 3:48 pm   5

Will the game be cross-buy?

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 2 April, 2013 @ 3:54 pm   6

Another Indie game for the Vita? My oh my, what a treat it’s turning out to be!

MavSkipper 2 April, 2013 @ 3:56 pm   7

Nice. I watched TotalBiscuit’s “[DELETED]is..” about this game and it looked pretty good and very interesting.

Now, if the pricing is right, I’ll most likely buy it for PS3/Vita.

dirtyCAT79 2 April, 2013 @ 3:56 pm   8

Stealth Bar Steward

dirtyCAT79 2 April, 2013 @ 3:57 pm   9

Im so glad i held off buying this game on Steam now for the PC. I had a hunch it would come to the vita as its perfect for handheld.

Nice work guys.

Hopefully the people on the game thread below will learn something.

RossyWilson 2 April, 2013 @ 3:58 pm   10

This game looks really cool. And kudos for bringing it to vita, it seems like agreat fit for the console. I wonder if it will be cross-buy aswell?

Jesse-Blue 2 April, 2013 @ 4:01 pm   11

I absolutely LOVED Explodemon so I am excited about a new game.
But I must admit I’m not liking the visual style very much, it looks less good then Explodemon and more 8bity.
Let’s wait and see.
But whenever you guys announce Explodemon 2 you have my money day 1!
100% guaranteed.

Sam Robinson 2 April, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

Thank you for the kind words, it makes me very happy to hear you loved Explodemon :)

This game is still in development, so the visuals will be refined by release time.

chrisboers 2 April, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   12

Entered. Awesome price! Name and game would have sufficed for me :-)

Game looks lovely too…

Rytteren 2 April, 2013 @ 4:12 pm   13

will the teleporter chambers be included, or are they coming down the line as paid dlc?

where not going to get this on steam.. wanted it on a portabel platform with some buttons. you made my day, with a vitaversion. awesome!
and so close to getting my hands on it. wow nice!

lingmingo 2 April, 2013 @ 5:01 pm   14

Whose decision was it to censor this? I liked the old name.

PIREDERAS 2 April, 2013 @ 5:27 pm   15

I generally don’t like retro-looking (and retro-playing, gameplay-wise) games, but I like this one. Maybe because stealth games like Metal Gear Solid are my favorites ever. I am looking forward to it.

Will this be a port of Stealth Bastard Deluxe, or will it be a new version of the game with its own content?

Sam Robinson 2 April, 2013 @ 5:57 pm

This will be a port of Deluxe with all of it’s 80 levels, however, we are creating a brand new engine for PS3 & PS Vita so the whole thing will have new 3D environments and characters.

almighty-slayer 2 April, 2013 @ 6:04 pm   17

Great to see Stealth Bastard on PSN :D Loved the free version, will definitely buy this

sammy9005 2 April, 2013 @ 6:23 pm   18

This is the best name i have ever seen for a game please don’t change it :-(

BRANDON-BARTIE 2 April, 2013 @ 6:54 pm   19

Stealth is my favourite game genre, like Assassin’s Creed, Batman and Sly Cooper. So I’m really hyped for this. Do you have an approx price for the Vita version? :)

NYPUNK88 2 April, 2013 @ 10:52 pm   20

I thank you, my Vita & PS3 thank you for this awesome looking game. :D

Witcher70 3 April, 2013 @ 12:37 am   21

Don’t change the title its very catchy, tell censorship to jump off a cliff :P. This will be a day 1 purchase.

akaJoeTea 3 April, 2013 @ 3:28 am   22

What’s “B**tard”? That’s not a word. I [probably]won’t be buying this game for my Vita just because Sony doesn’t have the balls to print the word “Bastard” on the internet. But “booby”(from another post) is totally acceptable. And that is just ONE example. Pathetic. If this title publishes with a censored titled including a word that can be used ANYWHERE well, that’s that. No sale.

Fred Dutton 3 April, 2013 @ 9:17 am

It’s nothing to do with Sony not having the cahones to publish the word! Unfortunately, some internet search engines filter out bad language – if I put the word ‘bastard’ in the title of the post, fewer people would find the post and read about this awesome game!

cowbanana 3 April, 2013 @ 7:44 am   23

Am I really living in a world where the word “bastard” is considered too rude and profane in this context? Jesus F. C. that’s pushing the nannyism way too far.

Is this the same Sony that published GoW:A, which I just played through? That game is practically overflowing with T&A, intestines, general mutilation and even brains hewn from freshly split skulls. That’s fine with me… and Sony, apparently. But “bastard” is just too profane?! Makes sense… not.

Anyway, looking forward to this game on my Vita.

Huono_peleis 3 April, 2013 @ 8:07 am   24

What happened to PSN games? Last year we had Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Papo & Yo, I am Alive etc.

Now it’s all overpriced mobile app-quality shovelware. Something went horribly wrong.

xxSamuraiGirlxx 3 April, 2013 @ 8:49 am   25

i don’t like the stealth genre at all, but it was title of the game that drew me into this post.

too bad you’re gonna change it, for some reason i have lost all interest in the game now. lol

80 levels damn. good luck with it tho. =P

marc2henri 3 April, 2013 @ 9:56 pm   26

while, i like that psvita is getting mad indie games. but, i dont see myself buying any of them. my last game for vita was need for speed. thats been out since october. i plat it and now, i got nothing important i need to play. i might buy soul sacrifice but thats about it. sony should release AAA titles. not these indie games. again thats just my opinion.