Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

PlayStation Store PAL charts, March 2013

PS-Store

Yes, it’s time once again to take stock of the month’s movers and shakers across PlayStation Store. There were some big new entries courtesy of the Spring games rush, alongside older titles given a leg-up via price reductions. Without further ado…

Full PS3 game downloads:

Top of the pile last month was Square Enix’s fine Tomb Raider re-boot, with BioShock Infinite not far behind. Bear in mind that Tomb Raider had a three week headstart on Irrational Games‘ acclaimed adventure. Darksiders 2 continued to hold up nicely at its reduced price, while Resident Evil 6 returned to the top 10 following Capcom’s Resi sale mid-month.

1. Tomb Raider (New)
  2. Darksiders II (1)
  3. Dead Island (Re-entry)
  4. BioShock Infinite (New)
  5. Resident Evil 6 (RE)
  6. Grand Theft Auto IV (10)
  7. God of War Collection Volume II (RE)
  8. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (New)
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (New)
  10. Darksiders (2)

PSN games:

Telltale Games’ phenomenal Walking Dead tie-in did great business off the back of a limited-time price cut. Dirtbike racer Urban Trial Freestlye showed sturdy legs in its second month on the chart and God of War II HD made a triumphant return thanks to a pre-Ascension discount.

1. The Walking Dead – Season Pass (5)
  2. Journey (2)
  3. I Am Alive (RE)
  4. Urban Trial Freestyle (3)
  5. Mass Effect (6)
  6. The Cave (1)
  7. God of War II HD (RE)
  8. AMY (4)
  9. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD (9)
  10. WRC Powerslide (New)

PS Vita games:

Urban Trial Freestyle held on to the top spot for March, with RPG Ragnarok Odyssey and Persona 4 Golden both showing impressive staying power in second and third. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time debuted in sixth, though was only on sale for three days of the month.

1. Urban Trial Freestyle (1)
  2. Ragnarok Odyssey (4)
  3. Persona 4 Golden (7)
  4. Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD (9)
  5. Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (5)
  6. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (New)
  7. LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita (RE)
  8. Atelier Totori Plus (New)
  9. Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball (New)
  10. Doodle God

PS one and PS2 Classics

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas continued to dominate by a huge margin. Can Liberty City Stories finally unseat it during April? Elsewhere, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Final Fantasy put in their usual strong showings.

1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (1)
  2. Crash Bandicoot (6)
  3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2)
  4. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (7)
  5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (8)
  6. CTR: Crash Team Racing (9)
  7. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (10)
  8. Final Fantasy VII (RE)
  9. Metal Gear Solid (RE)
  10. Final Fantasy VIII (5)

To see how EU buying habits compared with our friends across the pond, head on over to the US PlayStation Blog for their equivalent charts .

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

26 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first
supersmith2500 8 April, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   1

What about Minis and PS Mobile games? Also, glad Black Ops Declassfied is not on the list this game because the game sucked anyways.

anunnakid 8 April, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   2

you should add PSP sales as these work on vita. Im glad to see Sly on top 10. its a truly fantastic game!

Nightmare966 8 April, 2013 @ 3:26 pm   3

Haha, I don’t think Crash Bandicoot will ever be de-throned :P

Nice to see Sly: Thieves in Time up there. Also interesting that Tomb Raider is up there at Number 1. I was expecting a lot of sales, but those are really a lot. It’s true that BioShock Infinite released just 5 days before March ended though…

Also, a whole year later Journey is still there as a top selling title. Wow.

Not surprised to see Walking Dead as the best selling game after the sale.

Fred, Any news on the Soul sacrifice demo? The game is out in less than a month

Fred Dutton 8 April, 2013 @ 3:45 pm

We’ll have news soon – hopefully later this week. Let’s stay on topic!

Bjarno86 8 April, 2013 @ 3:35 pm   5

“Bear in mind that Tomb Raider had a three week headstart on Irrational Games‘ acclaimed adventure.”

I’m sure the great Easter egg hunt discount on Tomb Raider helped it loads too :) I’m not sure you can answer this, but can you disclose how Tomb Raider would have placed if it weren’t for those two days of sale?

Fred Dutton 8 April, 2013 @ 3:46 pm

Alas, it’s not possible to split up the data like that. I’m sure the sale helped it along though!

spacemonkey15 8 April, 2013 @ 4:00 pm   6

Fred,

Any chance we will see numbers for PSN sales ?

Would be interesting to see how many people grabbed digital versions vs retail.

Gutted I missed Tomb Raider @ £20 but its £25 retail so i’ll grab that ASAP.

Monkey

SpartanDavie 8 April, 2013 @ 4:01 pm   7

Just like to say how impressed I was with the Tomb Raider sale! £19.99 was a bargain!

Shame it was £50 when it came out as I was able to get it for £30 on disc, would be good if the digital titles had competitive prices on release, £40 maximum…

solarwind12 8 April, 2013 @ 4:01 pm   8

San Andrea’s Still no1, am not sure IF i like that or not, i mean what’s the odds a no1 (ps2) seller will be in a upcoming sale, was really tempted to buy it numerous times but 12 quid, i really can’t, fingers crossed it soon gets some discount, though i can wait.
One item i Would buy in a instant is a ‘better’ singstar theme, really, i mentioned the idea back when it all started, but it was deleted.. erm prob because of my request for the look of the image, kinda rock and nice ‘looking’ women kinda scene, anyways i kinda get the singstar brand is wholesome family stuff, so know i would never get quite what i want, But they can surely add Some choices other than the present one, can’t they, you ?. i mean add some more standard Free choices, and get em to contract out a few dynamic ones for 1to2 pounds.. well just a thought, more interested in SA price drop.

AaronSOLDIER 8 April, 2013 @ 4:17 pm   9

Just think how many more PS2 Classics would sell if they were Vita compatible, or should I say how many more Vitas would sell? ;)

Stonesthrow 8 April, 2013 @ 4:34 pm   10

Was a good month for downloadables for me. Walking Dead blew me away, especially considering it’s episodic and not exactly AAA. And I got Tomb raider on sale too, which was alright despite a loss of identity in my book. Reminded me mostly of a technically inferior Uncharted with some Arkham asylum/city and Assassin’s creed influences, but a great game by itself. I don’t know if and how people download full games like these frequently though, the download and install alone took almost all day, and I’ve been lagging in BF3 all week as a result.. So I’ll keep it to a minimum, it’s just the decent price and timing of Tomb raider that got me convinced.

Interesting that Ragnarok Odyssey sold more copies than Persona 4 Golden. And two months in a row!
I wonder if the reason is that people imported P4G previously or maybe bought it retail instead?

silmorat1 8 April, 2013 @ 5:07 pm   12

Glad to see the walking dead at the top but did people really buy the season pass or the separate episodes as I did because it was cheaper?

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 8 April, 2013 @ 5:11 pm   13

Looking good, I’m interested in the ‘PS CLASSICS’ sub-heading. It comes as no surprise that San Andreas is first, fantastic game! I’m playing GTA:IV right now, hunting all of the pigeons for the 100% completion.

Hoznary 8 April, 2013 @ 5:14 pm   14

Don’t know if i should send it here but Sly cooper for psvita in Scandinavia does not have english in it and since the demo had, which was the reason i bought it. This counts as false marketing since there are no warnings that the vita version for us Scandinavians don’t support the english language and frankly i am disappointing! Please patch this or at least let us Scandinavians download an english version of this game because currently its just sitting there and i refuse to play it!

AshishSahoo 8 April, 2013 @ 5:18 pm   15

Fred,
Usual question. How many Vita games featured in top 10 overall?
Thanks :)

dean1076 8 April, 2013 @ 6:20 pm   16

hey dude is there any news on minecraft ps3 id sell my xbox for this to come on ps3 as its the only thing i use it for lol

silmorat1 8 April, 2013 @ 8:39 pm   17

@hoznary

Have you looked at your download list? When I looked at mine there were 4 different versions with languages being the differences.

evergreen_15 8 April, 2013 @ 9:14 pm   18

Amy?? Really?? What in the world is that doing in the top 10 list? And it was placed at number 4 last month?! That’s a real surprise!

A game I would dearly love to see in those charts is Counterstrike: Global Offensive.

After almost 8 months with neither release info or a proper apology, isn’t it about time that Sony or Valve gave eager players some sign that this long forgotten game will get released in EU? So far the only info we have had on this blog has been “Sorry, no news”. This isn’t good enough, frankly. I spent a lot of time money and effort in getting friends and communities hyped up for this game only for nothing to happen.

FAT_PRIK_BUCKETS 9 April, 2013 @ 12:16 am   20

If you put def jam vendetta and def jam fight for new york id be forever grateful for the ps2 classics , even if it was 40£ i would still get it (although that’s outrageous lol)

JediFish_2012 9 April, 2013 @ 12:44 am   21

Games in Ireland on the PS Store are around €70. It’s daylight robbery!

AmorousBadger1 9 April, 2013 @ 7:03 am   22

Never mind this, when’s Terraria coming out?

meteors77 9 April, 2013 @ 9:07 am   23

Hi Fred,

Any chance of an update on the Resident Evil 2 Vita situation? I purchased the RE 1, 2, 3 bundle to specifically play on my Vita and was pretty disappointed to discover that Resident Evil 2 will not transfer over to the Vita. Could you look into that for us, it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

aryan_1_mann 9 April, 2013 @ 5:16 pm   24

Well , seeing the great standing of the Crash Bandicoot series ; I think Sony should put up Nitro Kart on EU. Anyword on that Fred ?

Curtis620 10 April, 2013 @ 11:52 am   25

i don’t see anything here that appeals to me . Cod BO is rubbish and a fanboys game . and all the rest are just the same old stuff .

sir_porter 10 April, 2013 @ 1:59 pm   26

what about onimusha games i love all onimusha on ps2 is it coming out for PSN storie plz