Posted 2:00pm

PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection poll – the results are in!

PS-Plus-1024x576

Hi everyone! I know you’ve been waiting a little while but I am happy to say that the results are now in for the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection (IGC) poll that we ran back in February.

Firstly, I want to say a big thank you to everyone who took the time to read, participate in and feedback on the Blog. We had over 450 comments providing some great insights into your views on the service and some great suggestions for future Plus titles!

PlayStation Plus is a hugely important part of PlayStation now and we believe it’s providing an incredible service that offers excellent value for money for gamers. This value comes not just through the games in the IGC, but also in the 2GB cloud-based storage available, the exclusive Plus discounts and early access to betas and demos, amongst other benefits.

But our subscribers are part of PlayStation Plus because they love gaming, and it’s the games that really drive the service. Since its introduction in June 2012, subscribers have been able to download an array of fantastic titles such as Red Dead Redemption, Batman: Arkham City, Sleeping Dogs and, as of next month, Hitman Absolution. It’s hard to put a figure on what all these titles together are worth but when you think about it €49.99/£39.99 for a one year subscription for these games alone seems pretty good value, right?

Anyway I’m getting off track! We received a huge number of votes for this poll – over 73,000 in fact! Below you can see the votes broken down by game genre. As you can see, the three genres which came out on top were shooters, RPGs and action adventure titles. That certainly aligns with all the previous feedback we have received and with our subscriber base spending close to a whopping six million gaming hours on just Sleeping Dogs and Batman: Arkham City alone, I’d like to think that we are on the right track in meeting your needs!

Plus poll

That said, I don’t want anyone to panic and think that based on the results we’re going to focus all our efforts on solely securing these sorts of titles for the service. PlayStation Plus is a service for everyone and we will continue to strive to provide a variety of content to cater for all tastes.

If you didn’t get the opportunity to take part in the poll then fear not – keep your eyes on PlayStation Blog for more opportunities to give us your feedback soon!

And if you are not currently a subscriber but like the sound of the service then visit our PlayStation Plus site  to find out more. Here you’ll find all the information you need about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection, available for a one-off payment of just €49.99/£39.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store .

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

138 Comments 14 Author replies
Show oldest first

zedmayer 22 April, 2013 @ 2:01 pm   1

So what is the next RPG we will see? ;)

andrewsqual 22 April, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   2

Hi Chris. Any information yet on how Plus will work on PS4? If it is a separate service or not? Or could you confirm if there will be announcements at E3? Pretty please?

Darkos87 22 April, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   3

So there’s about 1 million playstation subscribers? assuming they each spent 1 hour in each game (that’s being conservative, as hardcore gamers are more likely to spend more time per game)

Just a wild guesstimate, but it’s probably in that ballpark

Wowee-Zowee 22 April, 2013 @ 2:10 pm   4

Dark Souls?

Terarded 22 April, 2013 @ 2:11 pm   5

im kind of disgraced that first person shooters got so high up but at least the two that i voted for came 1st and second :)

Nightmare966 22 April, 2013 @ 2:13 pm   6

Interesting results… Well, I expected RPG to be demanded, since we haven’t had many of them. But the rest seem accurate to gaming numbers in general.

BTW, how do you know what we’ve been playing…? :P

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to give feedback! :)

Thesnipergecko 22 April, 2013 @ 2:15 pm   8

I too would like to know more details on PS4/Plus details.

My Plus sub runs out in the next few months, I don’t want to buy 12 months again if it’s not going to carry across to PS4.

Chris Howe 22 April, 2013 @ 4:56 pm

Sorry as above, we don’t actually have any information that we can share at the moment, I like to think the Plus service at the moment is doing a pretty good job of satisfying your gaming needs :)

BlinkCoLT 22 April, 2013 @ 2:15 pm   9

Hi Chris, I was dreaming about Driver: San Francisco. Is there any chance do see this game in IGC?

TheNarrator 22 April, 2013 @ 2:16 pm   10

am quite surprised that Multiplayer option is so far down the list, though Action/Adventure covers quite a wide range of games too.

hopefully this will help get even more awesome games we want with Plus :)

RandyVie86 22 April, 2013 @ 2:18 pm   11

I think its interesting that multiplayer scores so low on this chart.

I do hope that we will be getting some cool (J)RPG’s in the future :) and that we won’t get spammed with too much schooters :p

PS Plus is most defenitly one of the best subscriptions i have EVER owned! On any platform, be it printed magazines, online services or whatever. PS+ is the best!

Not bad at all! It actually represents almost 1:1 my personal preferences. Guess that means that I’m the average guy in person. ;)

I’d probably have rated Racing before Platformers. And Fighting games even lower, though I’m glad that they are so far behind. Never understood why they got so much attention on Plus (including the Beat ‘em ups). And in NA it’s even worse.

RandyVie86 22 April, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   13

@ #9 : BlinkColT

I bought driver SF dome time ago, when it was realy cheap, and i did not expect that i would enjoy that game so much, i realy recommend it!

Toothball 22 April, 2013 @ 2:27 pm   14

I listed Okami back in February and it appeared. I’ve also been enjoying Virtue’s Last Reward a great deal, which I probably would have overlooked if it hadn’t been on PS+. My only problem with PS+ is that there are more games on it than I have time to play, which is one of those good problems to have.

bLaiSe_HUN 22 April, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   15

Hey Chris, thanks for the chart. It’s good to see my favourite genres in the top 3.
You previously hinted that Dragon’s Dogma or Demon’s Souls might join the IGC. Please make it happen. :)

DiscworldDeath 22 April, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   16

RPGs for everyone!

I love fighting games, but I think we can have a few less of those, and a few more RPGs, and even if we get a lot of fighting games, I think we can have one up every 2-4 months, not have one replace another each time one goes down ;)

I hope by RPG means JRPG too :D

jfontyman 22 April, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   18

PS+ and PS4?

C’mon people you are asking the unaskable, it is too early and we will most likely have to wait at least 6 months into the consoles life cycle, use the Vita as an example as to when it came out and when PS+ was available for Vita.

PS…..I liked sleeping dogs

BrianDamage7 22 April, 2013 @ 2:39 pm   19

Thanks for the results Chris! It’s always good to know what everyone else wants from the service. Can you give any details about if and when Infamous2, LBP2 and the others will rotate out. Will it be June?

Chris Howe 22 April, 2013 @ 4:59 pm

At present these are schedule to be changed in June, I don’t see that changing but at the moment we don’t have details about what they will change to

darkdudes_2 22 April, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   20

Is it save to buy Assassins creed liberation, Lego Lord of the Rings(RPG :D) or far cry 3?^^

Chris Howe 22 April, 2013 @ 5:01 pm

You are safe to buy AC Liberatino and Far Cry 3 for now, Lego is a little 50 / 50!

Stonesthrow 22 April, 2013 @ 2:43 pm   21

Was to be expected. They take the longest to complete afterall. Good to see puzzle last, don’t like those in general.

PIREDERAS 22 April, 2013 @ 2:44 pm   22

I want to thank the PSN team for the IGC initiative. It’s got a tremendous value for money. And not only that, for the same overall price, we receive all those games (most of them being AAA games, to boot!) on both PS3 and PS Vita! I expect the service to continue on the PS4, when it launches!

I would like to finally see some real RPG games on the IGC. Especially JRPGs. And please, Mass Effect 3 is an excellent game (beat it twice), but it is more of a shooter than a RPG. And maybe some PS Move titles (Sorcery, some fitness game, or anything casual) here and there would be nice, too.

RoaringMdog18 22 April, 2013 @ 2:45 pm   23

Did not see that coming. Its nice to that people want RPG’s. It would be great if the ps+ team could secure Dragons Dogma for us ^^

TheGordito 22 April, 2013 @ 2:49 pm   24

Kinda off-topic, but I always forget to ask when the new monthly content is announced. Are there any plans for DC Universe Online offers for Plus?

Chris Howe 22 April, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

Not really through Plus, the DC Universe team are always looking to discount items though so keep an eye out.

As far as the Plus content announcement goes its generally in the middle of the month

@Chris
I wonder how you’ll solve the request for Sports games.
We’ll never see FIFA for obvious reasons, while Baseball or NFL are pointless in Europe for equally obvious reasons. ;)

Perhaps you should do another poll which sports are most popular among subscribers (besides football)? I’d guess that NHL would be the best compromise. What about PES?

Chris Howe 22 April, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

Nice idea Golwar, the poll seems to work effectively. I guess the issue with sports games is that they are a niche genre so we could struggle to please a large proportion of people judging by the results above

Bjarno86 22 April, 2013 @ 2:52 pm   26

Please let Demon’s Souls be the next RPG to join PS+ ;)

RandyVie86 22 April, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   27

The only problem i keep having with the service is that eveytime i wan’t to buy (an older) game, i’m on the fence whater i might possibly be in the IGC annytime soon, i realy wan’t to buy Demon Souls (it’s rather cheap too boot!). + i’m in the happit of jumping on games a hole lot latter than most people, so there’s that.

There are some factors that you i use too consider if a game will be IGC, like, if there is a sequal announced, chances are there will be a sale or IGC addition :), allthough, ME3 and Hitman are totally unexpected, and realy great!

Odd why people demand Demon’s Souls so often. That game was already available for less than 20€ 2-3 years ago. Not to mention that it’s full of tempting glitches.

ashton_philip 22 April, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   29

Really happy to see RPG’s in there and when I get money enough again (most likely around June) I will definitely be signing up to Plus for a year. If it carries over to the to PS4 even better. Also loving that RPG’s have made their way to the top of the list (what my vote was for) as I love a good RPG especially JRPG’s which I hope will be added and some of the other commenters seem to agree (and critics say JRPG’s are dead ;)

adamteee 22 April, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   30

Great to see that RPGs are rated so high, that’s awesome, been reading through the comments and everyone wants dragons dogma on the IGC, I already own it on disc but would prefer it digitally too so yeah, it gets my vote too haha

Jestersoil 22 April, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   31

GREAT!
my 3 best categories came all first!!! :D :D :D
can’t wait for June’s update! IGC birthday ;)

Well, to me it’s clear: Dragon’s Dogma, Uncharted 3, Mafia 2 en Max Payne 3 for IGC. We all want it :)

dark_angel69 22 April, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   33

Nice results there. Was expecting RPG to higher than shooters. Nice to see most people here agree with that genre but hope it doesn’t mean we get too many of them in a row. A mixer of everything is still good. Suppose Dragons dogma like the rest are saying is a nice game indeed. As long as it’s not Dead Island, any game is good enough. Dead Island Riptide review is up on Kotaku and it sounds just as bad as the 1st.

Carnivius_Prime 22 April, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   34

The cloud saving is 2GB now? I must have missed that. Not that I’m even remotely anywhere near using up the 1GB. I definitely did use up the intial 150MB or however much it was when it was first introduced. The cloud saving is one of my favourite features of PS Plus. It’s a comforting thought knowing all those hours of gameplay are backed up onto a server somewhere I can always retrieve them if I have another PS3 hard drive malfunction. :)

I have a good feeling we will see Kingdoms of Amalur coming to the IGC.
(Im not complaining, ive never played it :p )

But i really wouldn’t mind demon souls.
I own demon and dark souls on disc, and not having to put the disc in to die, will definitely increase my playtime :)

I think the games by IGC has been fantastic so far. It has had a good mix of the typical fare and more unusual games. Even though I voted for the two highest rated in the poll I would be happy with any genre of game.

The only thing I am finding bizarre is the lack of full games to purchase on PSN. I have become accustom to digital games thanks to PS+ but the majority of the exclusive older games I actually want to buy aren’t available on PSN.

Anyway, good work SCEE with PS+ the offerings appear to be far superior to the other SCE territories and have made me a happy customer.

RandyVie86 22 April, 2013 @ 3:47 pm   37

i don’t expect dragons dogma in the IGC annytime soon, with
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (a rerelease) on the horizon

Bjarno86 22 April, 2013 @ 3:47 pm   38

@Carnivius_Prime

It’s 1 gig on PS3 and 1 gig on Vita.

vonhammer 22 April, 2013 @ 3:48 pm   39

Anyone want a 30 day plus trial? You cant use on an account that has already had plus. And because it came with the UK GOW:A I’ll only take responses from UK folks.

Chris,any hints if Fire Pro returns PS2 classic is hitting the EU store?

When + started it wasn’t for me but when you started the new + I was in and love it.

It would be nice to see a move game now and then. Just as an extra because not everyone has a move controler. My move doesn’t get any use but maybe you can get the thing more on the front of my thoughts and would it help. Also most move games are also for kids so customers with kids would have something nice for the little ones now and then.

Skookie30 22 April, 2013 @ 3:54 pm   41

That good poll I’m glad RPG is top & puzzle last because past 2 months we had puzzles games so no MORE they won’t be RPG as IGC because they not enough of them. :|

Carnivius_Prime 22 April, 2013 @ 4:00 pm   42

@Bjarno86 Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. That’s still 2GB total for users of both PS3 and Vita. I’ll make use of that extra space when I get myself a Vita. :D

Magoo_222 22 April, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   43

I’m a massive fan of Plus, it’s given me the opportunity to try lots of games that I otherwise wouldn’t have, across all sorts of genres. But I’m a bit confused by the results here. From reading the comments on the original poll, everyone was clamouring for more RPGs and less shooters. And yet the poll shows ~10000 people asked for more shooters. Silent majority?

@Magoo_222
Less shooters /= no shooters.
Did you expect shooters to drop behind Puzzle games? The third spot is absolutely fine.

Personally I hope Dragon’s Dogma doesn’t become a part of the IGC mainly because Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen is out in 4 days and you can pre-order it from Zavvi for £16.95 as it includes the original game and all the dlc. Which is a bargain, it’s even suppose to be on the store for £19.95 which is incredibly cheap for what you will be getting.

It’s good to see that RPG’s came out on top, shows people actually want a story when they play a game. The same can be said for Action/Adventure games both Sleeping Dogs and RDR both had compelling stories and worlds you wanted to explore.

I’d like to see sales on dlc for RPG games such as Kingdom’s of Amalur, Dragon’s Age II. Actually the original Dragon’s Age would be a good game for IGC especially as Bioware likes to incorporate choices that effect the next game in the series. Rune Factory Oceans would be good, Legasista as well. I think I would prefer Dark Souls over Demon Souls.

Would love to see EDF 2017 as part of the IGC being action/adventure/shooter and multiplayer would be a good title.

Jacko_the_lad 22 April, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   46

Oh great, now we’re going to get loads of boring RPG’s. :|

Chris Howe 22 April, 2013 @ 5:17 pm

As above, we won’t use these results to ensure that every game is an RPG or Shooter. Plus is a service for everyone so variety is key!

Magoo_222 22 April, 2013 @ 4:19 pm   47

@Golwar – I realise that, it’s just that I don’t remember seeing anyone say they were going to vote for them. I’m not opposed to them either, just thought it was quite odd seeing them so high!

@Magoo_222
Well I guess that’s because there is no requirement to be too vocal about shooters.
They are the most frequently produced games. And the most shared via Plus. So no surprise that people didn’t see the requirement to demand them in their comments. ;)

Carnivius_Prime 22 April, 2013 @ 4:32 pm   49

@magoo_222 who’s ‘everyone’? I’m no fan of RPGs. I like shooters but not first person ones…

supersmith2500 22 April, 2013 @ 4:34 pm   50

Hmm, so it least 15K people want more RPG’s and more Action games? One problem, you offered us WAY too many puzzlers and less RPG’s but crappy one to be in fact. =\

kjLoveless 22 April, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   51

Hi Chris,

I am from India and I recently got the Plus yearly package. One question:
1. When it expires next year, it will renew again right? I read some instructions that it will renew on its own. So do I still get to keep the IGC games I got?.. Say I do not renew it(Doubt it, I surely will). If I dont though, and do it after a month or something, will the IGC games still work?

Also, here in India we do not get many games that easily and sometimes we have to wait for a few games because the stores are out of stock.

Recommendation for IGC: 1. Ni no Kuni please. We did not get it here in India.
2. When will the titles like Infamous 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse get replaced?
3. Also, will we get couple of new games every month as part of IGC, if so.. Awesome.
4. Also, on the anniversary, you could re-release for a week or so all the best titles for the IGC so far, so us chaps, who joined in late could benefit (I know this is commercially unviable). But a Man can try.

Chris Howe 22 April, 2013 @ 5:21 pm

Hello,

Unless you have turned off auto rewew, your subscription will automatically renew and you will keep your IGC games. If you decide not too, the system may store them for around 4 weeks but this might change and you could be left without them.

Titles like inFamous 2 and Motorstorm will be changed in June

Sorry we can’t release content that we have previosuly used on the service

CardAce88 22 April, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   52

dishonoured next please :)

or maybe fight night champions, thats an older game you might be able to get hold of.

Legendaey517 22 April, 2013 @ 4:43 pm   53

i wont uncharted trilogy)

@Terarded i’m not surprised with all the call of duty players, i would really like to see more racers and puzzles though, i know i must be in the minority though.

Demon’s Souls would be an excellent contender for PS+. It’s an platform exclusive title so future X-Souls title would (potentially) be seen more as playstation games in the eyes of gamers/PS+ subscribers/customers (platform affinity, or something to that extent). The game got excellent critical reviews with a metacritic of 89 and falls in somewhere between this poll highest rated/wanted genres – RPG and action/adventure. The only downside (for NamcoBandai and Sony) might be that there is no DLC to speak of and one would have to consider the increased server load for multiplayer and the continuation/upkeep of these servers for an extended period.

Now, make it so! :)

Rochala 22 April, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   56

@ kjLoveless

From the moment you put an IGC game into your download list, you have access to it as long as you are a ps+ member. I your subscription ends, it doesnt matter how soon you will renew it, your IGC will be there for you.

kjLoveless 22 April, 2013 @ 5:01 pm   57

@ Rochala

Cheers Mate!

monoliet 22 April, 2013 @ 5:11 pm   58

i want other type of ps+
2gb storage + % of games rest = not intresting = i am not paying 50€ to get lots of games i already own ;)

i wil not renew ps+ in future if i not see first howh u gone do on ps4

alirezas 22 April, 2013 @ 5:41 pm   59

Guys I’m sure ps plus will be most definitely on ps4 and even a lot better and shit load of more new things in it so I’ll almost can grantiue that u won’t lose anything!

I smell demon’s souls

novurdim 22 April, 2013 @ 5:47 pm   61

Is there any chance to see Dynasty Warriors Next (VITA) in IGC? :D

TINTINTB303 22 April, 2013 @ 5:47 pm   62

I always find it crazy when people say they REALLY want [insert game title] in the IGC when they could have just bought it for between £5 and £8 from the PS Store or from many of the cheap online retailers on BluRay.

A prime example is Driver: San Francisco. It was a little over a fiver for about a month from the PS Store and is less than a tenner from most retailers. Surely if people want a game that badly they would just pay for it.

People seem to expect every game for free these days. :/

extermin8or_ 22 April, 2013 @ 5:56 pm   63

Ok I understand you can’t say much about this but I’m assuming Ps4 Ps plus is going to increase in price to about £60-£70 a year but include some of the ps4′s online premium features. (Like Gaikai streaming etc) Now I’d rather wait to update my subscription if it’s then going to be invalid come ps4. When I go to Uni in September, I also lose access to ps3 as mines broken and I use my little brothers so hopefully it’ll only be a month or two I have to wait for ps4 to be released :D So what I wanted to suggest is for a reduced price you offer a ps vita only subscription ad say £25. And then offer a PS4 only PS Plus sub on its release that eliminates the issue. However as PS4 is new I can’t see how an IGC would work on release so I see that maybe being added a few months in- I also think there should be an option to have whatever premium features at one price, or the next gen iteration or IGC or both at different prices…
P.S: Does Anyone Know what the hell has happened to Ratchet and Clank Q force on vita… heard nothing in MONTHS and we are getting towards the end of spring….

Lunastra78 22 April, 2013 @ 6:04 pm   64

The people have spoken, and here is what should occur:

- Valkyria Chronicles Free on PS Plus with added trophy support.
- Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3 remastered in HD for PS3, also with trophies. £15 each.

supersmith2500 22 April, 2013 @ 6:05 pm   65

And if you provide us an RPG next month. Please make sure it’s a not a broken MMO from WB Games. A decent title for the Vita would be nice. But Chris, since you provided alot of puzzlers, can you try and tone them down a bit for few months and give other genres a chance? It seems there’s like one racing game and no sports games at all. I mean, next month’s games for Vita is just side-scrolling shooters and that’s it but that’s fine but I’m only going to be playing one of them.

theskillzy 22 April, 2013 @ 6:09 pm   66

1st of all i want to thank chris for all the work he puts in and the variety he brings us (i wouldn’t have bought me3 its my ultimate fave) .. could you consider rotating genres but still favour the ones on the list such as giving us a rpg or action/shooter as a title game and do different genres every month because while i understand the service is for everyone and not just me okami and that weird catherine game just plain suck and 2 freaky niche games in a row is a real disapointment for me .. eg, sport and niche 1 month and racing and fighting the next, i think this will stop alot of whinging and please everyone

since we hav’nt had sports while iv had ps+ can we please have NHL13 next month and i swear i wont rant or ask for anything for at least 6 months … ps thank you guys for an awesome service

youtoomy 22 April, 2013 @ 6:14 pm   67

It would be pretty nice to get Ragnarok Odyssey or Dungeon Hunter Alliance for vita.
I bought every good jrpg, but it would be not bad to see some projects in plus.

Also i hope to see information about plus for ps 4 on e3.
It would be great shame if there will be other service.

MA76_666 22 April, 2013 @ 6:27 pm   68

Chris if you add any of Battlefield games or COD games to the IGC and then do the survey again i’d bet you 50$ that shooter fans will be #1

Chris Howe 23 April, 2013 @ 9:04 am

Little chance of those titles being in Plus anytime soon I’m afraid

MadMigsRSA 22 April, 2013 @ 6:28 pm   69

Hello Chris Howe

For the LOVE of PLAYSTATION, the RPG you add to the Instant Game Collection, Please let it be a Playstation 3 title instead of a Playstation Vita title (such as Virtue’s Last Reward was for this month). Not everyone has a PS Vita or even has a need/use for a PS Vita.
Please.
Super Special *please*

darkdudes_2 22 April, 2013 @ 6:28 pm   70

@chris
thanks for the answer :D
do you mean with for now you have it on your radar, but its hard to get it in the instant game collection?^^

@ Lunastra78
Yep, people have spoken. But you must have misunderstood them, when you really think that they requested a 5 years old game. :P

Seriously, what’s wrong with those who request such old games? Be it VC in this case, or Uncharted 1, Heavy Rain etc. in others.

youtoomy 22 April, 2013 @ 6:42 pm   72

MadMigsRSA
Yeah, everybody who bought vita should buy other few projects and just shut up.
We dont get any of new games so let us at least get old one for free.

zalwelgoedgaan 22 April, 2013 @ 7:18 pm   73

I didn’t expect to see so many votes for RPGs. Ah well, just keep the IGC as varied as possible, this way you can please the most people (and get more subscribers) instead of just a small niche group, even though I like fighters the best. :[

Lunastra78 22 April, 2013 @ 7:37 pm   74

@Golwar

“Seriously, what’s wrong with those who request such old games?”

Well, genius* – how about:

-Older games can be hard to find.
-Additional trophies would give many a reason to play through it again.
-Many gamers missed it when it came out, and it’s still among the best exclusive SRPGs on PS3.
-Releasing it as a freebie would be excellent advertising for DLC and HD versions of PSP games.

*that was sarcasm.

Demoplay86 22 April, 2013 @ 8:02 pm   75

That’s an awesome result. I’d hoped fighting games would rank higher on the poll but overall i’m happy with it and glad to have taken part. Nice to know that regardless of the poll that variety is the main concern. That’s just great.

@Chris
Three things.

1 – Any chance of seeing Uncharted 3, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Prototype 2, Sega All Stars Racing Transformed or Doom 3 come to the IGC anytime this year?

2 – Can you point out to the Vita team that whenever a memory card is taken out and another is placed in that the whole layout resets and that it’s annoying. lol Would love to see that patched in the next firmware update

Demoplay86 22 April, 2013 @ 8:03 pm   76

3 – In response to your reply on post #118 (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/04/17/playstation-plus-your-may-update/comment-page-3/#comment-372691)

I understand that the companies themselves need to submit or resubmit these. But we as fans cannot do much. The community I speak for have gotten through to Capcom but other companies like Square Enix and Konami either don’t have forums or are extremely hard to get through to. That’s why I asked you guys about it.
Australia really wants these games and while I thought that perhaps you guys could push for a resubmit on our behalf, that is asking a bit much. Instead, what can we as fans do to make it known that we want these games on our shore. We have waited years and our faith is wavering badly. And it blows a lot worse when other countries have them and we do not. Also, doesn’t Sony own Legend of Legaia?

Lastly, I know you guys bust your butts for us. I think I speak for many when I voice my appreciation. Can you do make a point that availablity is important. The US still has many games we do not. PSX, PS2, PSN and PS3. And frankly it sucks :(

AshishSahoo 22 April, 2013 @ 8:06 pm   77

Great results and my preference is completely along the same lines. I would hope more RPGS (I personally prefer jrpgs more) on plus, especially on Vita.
While I understand that Disgaea 3 on vita is not offered in igc because its not available everywhere, but still, cant some arrangements be made to bring D3 and other awesome vita rpg games on vita igc? I would really love that.
Thanks and keep up the great work :)

Demoplay86 22 April, 2013 @ 8:07 pm   78

That BS out of the way, we don’t blame you guys at Sony for this at all. It’s more of something where no one can be blamed and we can just hope it works out.
Still, that’s for your consideration Chris. You have been a most outstanding dude in terms of customer service and kicking ass for PS+ subscribers. Thanks you for your patience.
I won’t be bothering you with any further PSX questions after this.
Take it easy ^_^

VirusPT 22 April, 2013 @ 8:12 pm   79

So, if RPG’s are “winning” the choices of PS Plus subscribers, I really hope to see Dragon Age 2 or Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (or both xD)coming to the IGC (please?).

As for shooters, Homefront would be a interesting choice, or Medal of Honor Warfighter (a long shot, i know).

Can you tell us at least that, since the 3 unchanged games in the IGC are Sony published, will be replaced by other Sony published titles?

One last question Chris: will Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen be making it’s way to the PS Store? Can it posibly have a PS Plus discount?

Manga_Kid_UK 22 April, 2013 @ 8:14 pm   80

i like to see in plus is free two movie rents a month i like to know what going to happen to all the games on game collections on ps4 or mini games ???

Tsubaki_14 22 April, 2013 @ 8:27 pm   81

JRPGs ftw!

Cr4z7WolF 22 April, 2013 @ 8:46 pm   82

I hope to see lego lord of the rings for ps vita, i think that is a perfect game for the system !!! Many users want that, i want :)

Cr4z7WolF 22 April, 2013 @ 9:03 pm   83

Any chances to see Ragnarok Odyssey for ps vita on plus ??

Valchall 22 April, 2013 @ 9:40 pm   84

Hey Chris any chance for Dark Souls :D

HrDanish 22 April, 2013 @ 10:09 pm   85

@Lunastra78
Could not agree more with you, nothing wrong with old games. They can be just as bloody brilliant as something released 1 week ago. Personally not long since i pulled out my ps2 to game alittle kingdom hearts (oh how i want the HD to come out tomorrow)

@theskillzy
Asking for a game next month wont do you much good, unless by sheer luck thats already what they picked as they dont deside what to release from month to month. They likely have plans for the next 6 months or so at most time since they need time to arrange the deals with the publishers.

Poll looking really good, other than shooters which i would proberly rate lower than platform/multiplayer rest is pretty aligned with what i like the most.

Looking forward to some rpgs and im assuming sportgames will show up before long to. Kingdoms would be an awesome rpg to see drop by. As others have mentioned sport games can be tricky to pick out, but suggestions on my path would be pes (been wanting to try out a foosball game since i have not played one since the days of techo 93 on sega master drive lol :P), NHL or SSX.

Thanks again for all your hard work providing us with this great service.

Quinlank 22 April, 2013 @ 10:59 pm   86

Hmmm… RPG wins… Tales of Xillia is released in a couple of months…

Calling it now, Plus game of the month for June(Maybe July?) is Tales of Graces F :)

@Lunastra78

* Sure. Old games for older generations are rare to get by. Shall I really check how many offers I can find for Valkyria Chronicles? It’s 13€ on Amazon Germany and ebay finds 35 offers in Germany alone. Yep, indeed seems very difficult to find a copy.

* Right. As if “playing through it again” would be the best reason to offer games in the IGC.

* It is. And 5 years have been plenty of time for anyone who really might have been interested in it, to get and play the game.

* Marvelous point. Let’s share an old game because it might enhance the sales for some PSP games. An outdated system. Obviously that’s better than promoting something new.

Who did you call again a genius?

dyiing4life 23 April, 2013 @ 12:48 am   88

I am offended by how much better EU’s plus offer is to that of the US, I think i’m finally going to jump ship.

mickelcool 23 April, 2013 @ 1:06 am   89

Hey Chris, will we be getting plants vs zombies for the vita anytime soon? i’m drastically low on games that interest me for the vita.

Seavordy 23 April, 2013 @ 1:12 am   90

no skyrim please ..something like dark souls/demonsouls would be nice or a nice rpg or stretching it would be nice to have borderlands 2

CloudBelmont 23 April, 2013 @ 1:34 am   91

Persona 4 for Vita and Atelier series for PS3, dam, can’t wait. :P

CloudBelmont 23 April, 2013 @ 1:35 am   92

Awesome result!

Persona 4 for Vita, Atelier series for PS3, dam can’t wait. P

Demoplay86 23 April, 2013 @ 2:31 am   93

@Golwar
Well I know he wasn’t referring to you as a genius because that last post of yours came off totally [DELETED].
There is nothing wrong with older games. Some of them are are indeed difficult to come by. Not everything has a digital release after all and even if it doesn’t help sales, it would help brand recognition for sequels/prequels and for games from the same developer.
=/

Many games are/were under appreciated. Putting them in the IGC is a good way to have them remembered and revisited.
After all, this is the reason developers do HD remakes in the first place.

toothbrush75 23 April, 2013 @ 3:09 am   94

As a PlayStation Plus member I think it would be amazing if we got first dibs on a preorder from Sony on the PS4. Just an idea some friends and I have discussed.

ipot_04 23 April, 2013 @ 8:18 am   95

i hope it won’t be Ragnarok Odyssey for Vita.
Soul Sacrifice in ICG on June or July is wishful thinking.

ipot_04 23 April, 2013 @ 8:19 am   96

btw, good replacement for Uncharted GA or Gravity Rush would be Persona 4.

ppahtde 23 April, 2013 @ 9:18 am   97

Dragon Age 2.

@all, do not ask for games that are not digital ( Skyrim, Dragon Dogma, … )

KaluleMugiware 23 April, 2013 @ 9:47 am   98

@Chris i am so confuse about buying Resistance: Burning Skies for VITA some say that it well be on IGC is there any news about that and since the Shooter genera is on third place i even doubt about it

MNA7i-505-KSA 23 April, 2013 @ 9:48 am   99

is there any chance to see darksider 2 free on ps PLUS…?

obiadekanobi1980 23 April, 2013 @ 9:52 am   100

hi thanks for plus its a great service I’ve been a subscriber since day 1 and although not all the content is for me I did like,e some of the starting titles and the DLC was amazing at the start (like all the fallout 3 DLC)

but lately I have been unhappy as I used to buy all the new content for my vita straight away but I have now put off buying anything new as I’m worried that as a plus dubbed I will get it for free just by waiting a few months or even weeks now. sine mora, bought it and behold the next day the plus update went up and it was one of my vita games for the month which made me boil up to say the least, so my advice is this give us a bit more warning about titles that might be coming to plus so I can not make the same mistake for the 8th time now,

love plus and may it regain supreme and may I continue to rub it in 360 users faces when they say live is better

obiadekanobi1980 23 April, 2013 @ 10:10 am   101

@everyone asking about resistance vita a word of advice its utter white it takes about 4 hours to plat and it truly is a terrible game it should not have anything to do with the resistance name it, like COD, were rushed out and feel very unfinished and those who buy it per owned will have to buy the network key just to get the one mp trophy in the game so ppl do not waste £39.99 or £44.99 on either of these poor excuses of vita games shame on Nihilistic for these poorly rushed ports please Sony guys do not let them do this again lol sorry guys but I feel very strongly about these piles of steaming poo

new little king’s story for the PSVita pleas!

stathmos 23 April, 2013 @ 10:14 am   103

It’s a shame puzzle games are so unpopular. Oh well, bring on Catherine!

dark_angel69 23 April, 2013 @ 10:26 am   104

@KaluleMuhiware
I’m also confused about it. I thought the trial was actually very good and would love to play the real game. Altho I plan on waiting a while longer cos I only recently got my Vita so have a lot of catching up to do and yet Soul Sacrifice is calling to me. So tempting.

@MadMigsRSA
Can understand you wanting it to be a PS3 title but keep in mind there would be people here that have a Vita and not a PS3 (maybe they never bought one or it broke and plan to wait on PS4. Who knows) In the end someone is going to complain so best solution is to have one for both. Should get yourself a wee Vita. It’s a really cool wee device. Been playing my Vita more these days than my PS3 and there are some really good games for it.

@Chris
Persona 4 for Vita isn’t a bad idea. Don’t see myself buying that game but wouldn’t mind trying it out to see what the fuss is about. I trust you will find something which we will all be happy with but I see a few people here mention some nice ideas.

R3dC3llTran3 23 April, 2013 @ 10:30 am   105

The Saboteur would be a great game to add on PS+

How can you see which save files have been uploaded from the Vita?
I can’t find any ‘save upload’ options in the Vita settings menu.

Hi Chris, you could get as EA Sports Gran Slam Tennis 2! There was never a sports game in plus.

KRadiation 23 April, 2013 @ 11:27 am   108

RPG and Shooters…

I smell Borderlands 2

croze343 23 April, 2013 @ 11:45 am   109

Chris is there any chance that Australians will ever get Mortal Kombat PS3 or Mortal Kombat vita from playstation+. It was pretty depressing when we received lego batman 2008 PSP edition & gotham city impostors free to pay on PC :/. This is literally my only complaint or critic on this great service.

Witcher70 23 April, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   110

Glad to see my fav genre at the top spot…..Chris its my birthday in June any chance of seeing Sacred 2 around June time ? would be an awesome birthday pressue :P

Witcher70 23 April, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   111

*pressie*

Dermado 23 April, 2013 @ 12:22 pm   112

now Chris, be honest, when that says 18,000 does that literally mean over 50,000 people voted o_O?
I cant imagine that is realistic, so few people actually post on the blog, and afaia that was the only place it was even mentioned :o.

So are you actually taking the votes into account, should we then expect more RPGs that are also action shooters?

if it has to be a sport game make it something like NBA Jam, ridiculously ott and not a snoozefest o_o.

Surprised “other” didnt get more votes, but then people are lazy :X.

Dermado 23 April, 2013 @ 12:43 pm   113

oh, also Chris can you start adding half decent discounts like the Americans get? I mean they already have much cheaper prices on games that come out months before us, and with PS+ they can get up to 75 odd% on some fairly new games, while we get mayhaps a pound off a few year old game that lasts a week,and that really isnt fair.
Now yes the developer may set the costs, but SCEA is doing somethign right, and able to get things much, MUCH cheaper. Fix it.

JonnyPauz 23 April, 2013 @ 12:55 pm   114

no not rpg’s why bloody hell action adventure not rpg plz

MA76_666 23 April, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   115

Chris i really hope they dont as i’v got all the battlefield games and Final Fronts was the last COD game i played ..so not really COD fan. i think any of these games will be good for plus…anyway i got you two new plusers this week so i did my duty ;)

dark_angel69 23 April, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   116

I was doing some thinking there and just remembered something. Forgot all about PS Move. lol. Is it still being supported and getting games?

We get PS3 and Vita games in PS+ every month but how about adding on PS Move as a 3rd thing for people that have PS Move. Perhaps 1 game a month or every couple months. You mention sport games and PS Move would have some decent sport games

dogwalker4000 23 April, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   117

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you for Virtue’s Last Reward, the game is awesome and loved the quite unique concept of it all. More games like that and I’ll definitely be happy.

One request for a sports game Chris, Everybody’s Golf please. Everyone should have this in their game collection. Such a fun little game :)

Golwar 23 April, 2013 @ 1:41 pm   118

@dark_angel69
I agree that Move should get some support too, but not as frequently as you demand it. Sorcery would be a fitting title for the next 3 yearly games, for example.

But I guess those spots are already taken. Most likely by LBP Karting, PSASBR and Twisted Metal. At least those are logical candidates if one follows the pattern.

deafwing 23 April, 2013 @ 2:02 pm   119

You know what a lot of people would like to see – all those Shin Megami Tensei games that are so freaking impossible to get in retail. That would be awesome!

Some of those disc games from ps2 go for $100 – $200 near mint! That would be awesome – I’ve always wanted to play those.

Stefano__079 23 April, 2013 @ 2:23 pm   120

1 question: is there any chance that the old ps2 version of need for speed most wanted will be available on the ps store again?
friends told me that they downloaded it via the ps store, but i cant find it!

johnnycide 23 April, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   121

I’m surprised that RPGs came out on top, but hopefully this won’t mean a glut of shrill, pink haired, characters in turn based combat. Even fans should admit that JRPGs are niche at best, most people just don’t have the time or inclination for them.

Shooters are a bit stale, and action games are an extremely broad genre. With that in mind, the likes of Red Dead Redemption could be seen as an action game or RPG. It’s an excellent game, of course, but so many of the best titles blur the lines between genres that its hard to classify them.

Can I please request that we don’t have any more hd versions of games as the main title in any month (as with Okami and hitman)? It just seems a little off, and although they are good games they’re very old. Okami in particular hasn’t aged well.

The best thing about the IGC is that it gets me playing games I had otherwise overlooked. Sleeping Dogs in particular was a definite highlight, as was Vanquish. Games like Virtues Last Reward are interesting, even though I found it a chore to play, but at least they’re different. The likes of Catherine may be divisive, but they’re certainly interesting.

PiccoroDaimaoh 23 April, 2013 @ 3:03 pm   122

A little sad that my favorite genre (Fighting) is so low on that chart… :(

Hum, I see a lot of people here afraid to buy retail games, because those games might appear on IGC. You’re all forgetting a very important detail:
-If you get the game free through Plus, the game is yours for as long as your sub is active.
-If you purchase the game, the game is yours FOREVER!

So I always prefer to buy the game, retail or digital.

Golwar 23 April, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   123

@johnnycide
Uh, what? Hitman Absolution is a very new game and certainly no HD upgrade, as you seem to think.
Okami HD has aged very well. Maybe you don’t like it’s art style, but that’s something entirely different.

And about RPGs … niche at best? For one I wonder what you consider to follow behind “niche”, where you think that RPGs belong to.
And as we see in this poll result (not to mention all those comments all around, demanding more RPGs), people generally seem to disagree with you.

King_Ubu 23 April, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   124

*looks around and shrugs*

Any chance of Sonic Generations for the IGC? It was one of the pol examples.

johnnycide 23 April, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   125

@Golwar
Again, I said that I personally found the results surprising. I personally don’t know anybody who plays JRPGs. Fans on the Internet are passionate and very vocal about them. This qualifies them *in my opinion of course) as niche.

With regards to Okami, I found the first half hour or so of the game torturous. This is simply due to the huge amount of exposition for a story which I didn’t find terribly interesting, and the character voices,which I also found annoying. This is of course a personal opinion. As this is now not as common in more recent games, I stand by my comment that it has not aged terribly well.

I stand corrected about Hitman though.

ocelot07 23 April, 2013 @ 4:43 pm   126

Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls will be nice.

Dermado 23 April, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   127

Johnny, given what people that actually posted in the thread said it wasnt always people that WANTED RPG’s, purely that there had only been iirc 1 (or “2″ as im sure they counted Mass Effect 3. ironically that is an action shooter “RPG” that I joked about earlier ._.) in the last…I want to say year, but it may well have been since the service started, so they simply wanted to see what we would be offered. Plus yknow they listed Ni No Kuni as a potential one, and people liked that apparently o_O.

KarimCfc 23 April, 2013 @ 5:26 pm   128

Hey Chris, is it safe to buy Team ICO HD Collection or is it planned for IGC anytime soon because I can wait..

RealHunnymonster 23 April, 2013 @ 5:38 pm   129

As a dad with a KeenTeen™ it continues to tick me off (and I cleaned that up *a lot*) that I can neither buy a Plus sub for my son and nor can he partake of my Plus sub (yes I know he can play the PS3 games after I install them, but that doesn’t wash on the Vita). Feels like Sony is punishing me for being honest when registering his account.

There is the spurious argument put forward that Plus is a contract and being a minor he can’t enter into a contract – well news just in: you’re happy for him to spend on my credit card and making a purchase is a contract.

Either extend Plus subs to sub-accounts (even for a modest fee per sub account to reign in abuse) or allow sub-accounts to buy Plus (even if it’s by the master account buying the Plus on behalf of the sub).

stefanv27 23 April, 2013 @ 7:51 pm   130

Chris, how about some PSP games for Playstation Plus subscribers ?

FranticM3rcury 23 April, 2013 @ 9:47 pm   131

Three things I wish from PS Plus

1) Persona 4 Golden – Since RPG is the in the top, I really wish Persona is next, but since it was recently released I won’t get my hopes high, I really love Zero Escape Virtue’s Last Reward, and I hope next game is a JRPG or anything Anime style – I just love that.

2) Previous Titles returning – Since I couldn’t afford PSVita and Plus before, I really missed out some really good titles, they really should re-release one game a month or one for two months that has been on the IGC, it would make a lot of new members really really happy, and of course some old ones who missed some opportunities like I did.

3) Retro/Classic Instant Game Collection – PSOne, PSP games on the ICG would be epic and awesome. PSOne titles for PS3 and Vita, and PSP games for Vita that’s just cherry on the cake… One PSOne and one PSP game a month would be epic.

MlNlN3V 23 April, 2013 @ 10:02 pm   132

The Saboteur, would be nice. My sub ran out in January and you have yet to give me a reason to return.

theskillzy 23 April, 2013 @ 11:09 pm   133

@Dermado … your attitude “fix it” …. if they gave us better discounts like usa get our igc would suck just like theres too and every single person here apart from you would not be amused ….. please speak to chris with some respect and ask him to do something dont tell him he gives us a sweet igc and works hard at it and doesnt sit on his ass and give us crap like the americans get

Cha0s00789 25 April, 2013 @ 7:10 am   134

Can we please see some news of Valkyria Chronicles? I cannot find it on retail anywhere and would love to get as a digital release or on PSN+.

Dermado 28 April, 2013 @ 5:40 am   135

133. incorrect sir. Overpricing and later than America are mentioned every damn week. America are getting better IGC games now, and theres are so cheep and numerous they can CHOOSE so many games, that is up to them. Why SHOULDNT we have that. why ISNT there a global store, Microsoft have it, why should I pay more to pay a game than anyone else, I chose to buy a Ps3, why am I being punished or ignored -.-
I dare say you are employed by Sony, I cannot and willnot be forced to “respect” someone that will abuse their paying customers so often, YOU are in the minority (yes, ok those that want things fixed are more vocal than the stupid).

perussopuli 1 May, 2013 @ 5:42 pm   136

Some children games would be great! Sly, Jak & Daxter etc…

jaydeebabeii 2 May, 2013 @ 8:18 am   137

would it be possible for dark souls to become a downloadable game on playstation store, not necessarily on playstation plus even just to buy. the reason i ask is its my favourite game an just recently my disc drive broke down, interupting my progress through dark souls. so now i can only play games off playstation store, i dont want to buy another ps3 as the ps4 will soon be here and i dont want to spend money on a ps3 as it will be pointless. but i really wanna continue dark souls until i have had my fill of it.

f79good5 2 May, 2013 @ 1:56 pm   138

Hi,

I’ve missed out on the last couple of Plus membership promotions (I.e additional 90 days etc…) I’m planning to get at least another year stacked before the current expires…so my question is basically are there any planned promotions coming up on the plus subscriptions?

By the way loving the service, plus is the best thing to come to gaming since the invention of the console!