Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:00pm

Acclaimed indie adventure Machinarium coming to PS Vita next week

8557285981_b909a28116_o

We’re thrilled to be bringing our acclaimed adventure title Machinarium to PS Vita on 1st May. When the PS3 version was released, we called it the best version of the game. In it, we added lots of new features – like the ability to zoom in to get a closer look at the scene, magnetic hotspots, 12 Trophies and more.

The PS Vita version makes no compromises. In fact, it’s even better! It includes all the enhancements from the PS3 version, but we’ve added some new features to complement PS Vita’s capabilities. You can now control the game not only with the system’s analogue sticks and buttons, but also directly with your fingers on the touch screen and rear touch panel. We’ve improved the zoom feature too, so it’s more convenient to play the game in a portable capacity.

Machinarium 3Machinarium 2

The graphics, music and sounds are presented at full quality, and everything runs smoothly and looks as beautiful as ever on Vita’s gorgeous 5″ OLED display. For the best audio experience, put on some nice headphones so you can fully enjoy the award-winning soundtrack by Floex.

We’ve also integrated PSN leaderboards: see how quickly you can finish the game, and how your time stacks up against the rest of the world.

All in all, we are very happy with the PS Vita version of Machinarium. It will be available next Wednesday for €5.99 (the download weighs in at 330 MB). Check out the Amanita blog, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest. Let us know what you think!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
left4bread3 24 April, 2013 @ 5:06 pm   1

Played it on PS3 got stuck though but its very unique, Funny and Sweet….

Eee! Only asked about this a few hours ago, didn’t expect news so quickly. Cannot wait, will be buying it when it comes out. I think my boyfriend will be elated too as he’s really been looking forward to it as well!

monoliet 24 April, 2013 @ 5:07 pm   3

indie games are some times very good
mi 2 games i want on ps3/vita /ps4
terraria
minecraft

nice that it finally comes SCEE hold it back way to long long enough for me to have lost intrest

VictorAnalogy 24 April, 2013 @ 5:16 pm   5

Since I got the PS3 version free via Plus and thoroughly enjoyed it, think I might as well buy this to say thanks! :D

Well seeing how this would be a store purchase – think I will pass as Sony seems to arbitrarily decide how long we can keep games we have purchased.

I wouldn’t want to buy a game to find out a year later I can’t play it any longer because SCEE decided I can’t have it any more and removes it from my download list and decides to refund me for it. Oddly enough this seems to occur with sales items.

Let you buy an item on sale then remove it from your download list, refund the sale price you pay and then expect you to purchase it at a higher price at a later date

Jawad Ashraf 25 April, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

This not true.

Of course, if you are a PS Plus subscriber then IGC content expires when your subscription ends. However, for other content you will still have access to it. The only time it is removed from your download list is to fix an issue that a customer has reported through consumer services.

Aces73High 24 April, 2013 @ 5:38 pm   7

Woohoo! I’m so happy to learn that Machinarium will finally be with us next week – and I can’t wait. For anyone who has yet to play it, Machinarium is a fantastic point & click adventure that’s every bit as challenging as it beautiful to behold. It’s one of my favourite 10 or 20 games ever ever ever, and I wholeheartedly recommend it to any and all puzzle, adventure and/or P&C fans! Awesome game!

Aces73High 24 April, 2013 @ 5:49 pm   8

#6 – Izorpo:

Eh? When has that ever happened? I’ve never heard of anything like that before!!?? If it is indeed true that Sony pulls this kind of stunt – no matter how infrequently – I find it deeply concerning.

Can Fred or Jawad shed any light on this matter for us?

residentSteve 24 April, 2013 @ 6:00 pm   9

Really? more indie games nooooooooooo.

Phalansa 24 April, 2013 @ 6:21 pm   10

We’re not so thrilled reading yet another announcement on a, actually not that bad, indie game that gets released like… everywhere.

Thank you very much, I have been spammed with this game on about every device I own, from PC to my phone, to tablet as well now on my Vita.

Certainly thrilled to buy it again. Because yeah, that’s what Vita owners get, ports of indie games that are so thrilling we’d replay them on another device to drag along with us instead of on our phone.

Sorry, I don’t mean to offend anyone, this game is good. But thrilling, no.

i already have machinarium on my ipad, ps3, and pc. vita version is what i need… (sarcasm) if you release your next game on vita first i will probably buy it on day one because i prefere vita platform. otherwise it really doesn’t make any sense.

Skookie30 24 April, 2013 @ 6:27 pm   12

hmm surely that can’t be true: have we got a online store theft about. :O

The only stuff remove from your download list is the plus stuff if you let your sub expire, I hear they can pulled stuff off the store but never you bought stuff but still it alarming if true.

I’m going to have a look on my download list later, i said before take a note of what the number shows on your download list. :|

Aces73High 24 April, 2013 @ 6:34 pm   13

** Sorry guys, last comment, I promise! **

Hi Jakub, great news regarding next weeks EU launch, but can I please pose a very quick question to you? Having taken a look at some YouTube footage of Machinarium in action on PS Vita (presumably posted by NA Vita owners), I noticed that the display seems to be in 4:3 resolution as opposed to Vita’s native 16:9. Now I’m certainly not technically astute regarding this kind of thing, so please forgive my ignorance, but am I right? And if so, can I please enquire as to your reasoning behind taking this decision?

Thanks in advance Jakub. Much appreciated.

Shin-Ra 24 April, 2013 @ 6:40 pm   14

I got this free on PS3 via PlayStation Plus and loved it. Best P&C style adventure game I’ve played since Monkey Island 3. Will definitely buy on PS Vita to show my support.

Aces73High 24 April, 2013 @ 6:50 pm   15

#11 – @askier:

I too have Machinarium on various other platforms (iPad, Mac and PS3 to be specific), but I’m still very eager to grab it for my Vita too! What with it being one of my most favourite games of all-time, I have no problem whatsoever in supporting Amanita in anyway I can. Regarding your other point, I wholeheartedly concur that if they do bring Botanicula to Vita, I’ll be all over that one too!

*** Jakub – I understand that you guys are working on an iOS port of Botanicula right now, but can you say if you guys plan to bring it to Vita as well? ***

[Sorry, now THIS is my last comment. Well, probably..!!]

12# I would like to know that aswell. As it says in the text it uses the 5″ OLED display. But both sides have some black sides so it does not use the whole 5″ OLED display.

But still great to see that it finally releases atleast.

youtoomy 24 April, 2013 @ 6:51 pm   17

I bought vita for this.
P.S
No I dont.

This is a genuinely excellent little game and is perfect for the Vita. Highly recommended for anyone yet to try it

Is it a cross buy? If so if i got it for free on PS plus on PS3 could i still get it free on vita?

buster2006 24 April, 2013 @ 8:38 pm   20

Already bought this on my Mac and iPad (and played it on PS3 for free thanks to PS+). Looks like ill be buying it for Vita too!

I’m assuming it’ll have it’s own trophy list separate from the PS3 version? (yup, I’m a trophy whore!)

Magoo_222 24 April, 2013 @ 11:51 pm   21

@ Izorpo – Can you elaborate on what’s gone missing? You’ve posted on a couple of the blog posts now, but haven’t said what’s happened. It wouldn’t happen to be THQ items would it? The items that Sony had to remove as they weren’t certain who owned the rights to the products any more? The items that related to a company going out of business and people losing their jobs?

cowbanana 25 April, 2013 @ 7:43 am   22

NIce little game. I played it years ago (PC). I recommend it to anyone with an interest in adventure games who hasn’t played it before. I’m sure it’ll look and play great on the Vita. At €5.99 I might even buy it again myself.

SwingerE11 25 April, 2013 @ 5:40 pm   23

How much is it in the UK?
I tried the converter in google, but I got £5.04.
I don’t know if that’s right or wrong.

@Jawad

You may think that and tell people that but items do go missing from people’s download list and it has nothing to do with plus freebies either before or after the IGC

@ everyone else

no it isn’t THQ related items the titles in question are Eat Them! Which I purchased on release (I noticed it was missing because the item has gone on sale and instead of having a purchased icon it had the price, checked my download list and it was gone and Zombie Apocalypse 2 Never Die Alone and the Pure Pwnage dlc, both missing from download list and neither have the purchased icon on the items on the store.

The problem was seeing that I had funds in my wallet. I never have funds in my wallet so for money to be there is weird. And Jawad, people don’t receive refunds for missing IGC games and my plus has never expired since I first took up the subscription in Feb 2011.

Now people can understand why I’m furious. I don’t purchase games so that a year or two later Sony decides I haven’t purchased them and refunds the wallet.

PCF-RONIN 29 April, 2013 @ 6:52 am   25

Is this a cross buy? as I already own the PS3 version
Great little game by the way… even when your flat mates go ‘EH’ every time Josef(main character)does.

I need to play this on PSV with headphones