Posted 3:00pm

BEYOND: Two Souls LIVE At Tribeca Film Festival

Live broadcast by Ustream

Presenting Beyond at TFF is a groundbreaking example of the potential in the marriage of gaming and cinema.” – Tribeca Film Festival

Ladies and gentlemen of the PlayStation family, today at 6:45pm EST we’re overwhelmingly pleased to bring you BEYOND, live from our screening at Tribeca Film Festival, right here on PlayStation Blog.

BEYOND_SCREEN_11

At the two-hour screening, we will be debuting the official trailer for BEYOND and a 35-minute scene from the game (we’re taking care to avoid many of the major, major spoilers for you), followed by a live panel Q&A with game writer/director David Cage, star Ellen Page, and supporting cast members Kadeem Hardison and Eric Winter.

TFF11 LOCKUP DATES K (CS4)

The Official Selection by Tribeca really is an exciting accomplishment for BEYOND and the industry as a whole. Geoff Gilmore, one of the founding fathers of film festivals like Sundance and Tribeca, has described it as “a watershed moment in storytelling and media”, and it’s an honor that BEYOND is getting recognised for its powerful story and presentation at such a high level.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

33 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Stonesthrow 27 April, 2013 @ 4:17 pm   1

Ready and waiting.

ZERO-REPLOID 27 April, 2013 @ 4:31 pm   2

This it’s the Euro blog, why do you guys post the American time zone hour?.

TINTINTB303 27 April, 2013 @ 5:51 pm   3

@ZERO-REPLOID

Fred will hate me saying this but…

Copy & Paste ;-)

TINTINTB303 27 April, 2013 @ 5:54 pm   4

Just checked the UStream site and it looks like it starts at 11pm but I think actual game play is at 11.45pm.

I would just click the link from here about 11pm just to be sure :-)

aidmur123 27 April, 2013 @ 6:05 pm   5

cant wait.

dark_angel69 27 April, 2013 @ 6:18 pm   6

I have decided I will watch this but not all of it. Don’t want to watch the spoiler parts like game play and all that. What time would you recommend I start watching and stop watching to avoid the spoiler parts?

TINTINTB303 27 April, 2013 @ 6:37 pm   7

I’m not watching ANY of it. That goes for any new trailers/footage of The Last Of Us too.

I want these games to be a fresh as a daisy when I play them on release day for the first time! :-D

Not interested. When I want to play a game, I want an interactive between the player and the medium. If I want to watch a film, I go and buy a blu-ray.

Needless to say, this “marriage of gaming and cinema” is a foul corruption of gaming that removes the interactivity games are supposed to have. May as well watch a film instead.

Private-Lu 27 April, 2013 @ 6:57 pm   9

Wait, it’s 6:56pm now, and it’s not working, what did I do wrong?

TINTINTB303 27 April, 2013 @ 7:29 pm   10

@ Private-Lu

Read my posts above about time.

EST is Eastern Standard Time (USA) ;-)

chrisredfield_97 27 April, 2013 @ 11:02 pm   11

guys can i ask a question will you put some beyond two souls avatars in this wednesdays store update after the show or not? plz if you find time answer this good question LOL :)

My_NaNa-10 27 April, 2013 @ 11:12 pm   12

patiently, excitedly, and eagerly awaiting!! :-D

My_NaNa-10 27 April, 2013 @ 11:14 pm   13

C’mon C’mon!! :-D

aidmur123 27 April, 2013 @ 11:27 pm   14

have i missed it?

or has it not started yet?

im not sure…..

My_NaNa-10 27 April, 2013 @ 11:40 pm   15

Tick Tock Tick Tock … :-)

aidmur123 27 April, 2013 @ 11:54 pm   16

what are the 2 sets of numbers below the video, next to the Ustream eye

My_NaNa-10 27 April, 2013 @ 11:58 pm   17

*using Joker’s voice from The Dark Knight: And here we go…*

My_NaNa-10 28 April, 2013 @ 12:04 am   18

I think you guys forgot your own time geez!!

aidmur123 28 April, 2013 @ 12:09 am   19

agreed >.<

aidmur123 28 April, 2013 @ 12:09 am   20

YAY! SOMETHING HAPPENED!

aidmur123 28 April, 2013 @ 12:55 am   21

SON OF A B*TCH

such a cliffhanger.

who cried at the baby scene?

FIREFLAMES362 28 April, 2013 @ 1:02 am   22

After that i ive decided that im 100% preordering it, now where is my wallet?

Stonesthrow 28 April, 2013 @ 1:36 am   23

I am seriously impressed by this! The facial and body animations are out of this world! The eyes and mouth are usually a weak point and it looked extraordinary in this footage. I also love how they use lightning and shadow and how it reflects on their skin. It doesn’t look too obvious like in many games and blends in well.
The acting and voiceacting is of high quality too, as expected from this developer. I’m also intruiged by the story and its connection to death and even suicide. A maincharacter that looks like a little “broken” girl that can hold down her own in a fight like that is interesting too, not to mention the whole ‘out of body’ thing. I was worried about that too, but after seeing this I’m reassured. It pretty much looks like the great exploration from Heavy rain, but quicker and with different options that would prove impossible for a physical body. Last little detail I appreciated is how the icons on screen are still the same as in Heavy rain, I really loved their design and they are never visually bothering. Thank you very much Quantic Dream and David Cage, for continuously raising the bar for storytelling and interaction in gaming. And ofcourse the games. By all means, keep doing your thing.

My_NaNa-10 28 April, 2013 @ 1:46 am   24

That was BEYOND amazing!! Thank you guys, looking forward to this game!! Great gameplay, loved the panel after the gameplay!! I only hope that they polish it a bit more so that there are no Framerate drops like i saw some there. I know there’s still a lot of time for the game to be released, and I hope it gets fixed! But still, amazing, and beautiful looking game!! Cannot wait, super excited!!

Great job, thank you!!

My_NaNa-10 28 April, 2013 @ 1:54 am   25

I cried at the baby scene ;-(
and I cried at the part when she hung up the phone…
Also at the part where she jumped and was crying being tired of everything! very touchy part, I believe we all have been there or are still there, is one of those moments so sad, great job and great acting and directing!!

DUSANtea 28 April, 2013 @ 2:43 am   26

Ho

BiGsMoO7ke 28 April, 2013 @ 4:28 am   27

Didn’t see the last one on the PSN as a download hope to see this one :)

CometOnFire 28 April, 2013 @ 7:04 am   28

Thats looking crazy good. Really nice animations

solid13 28 April, 2013 @ 8:54 am   29

It looks great. But I hope that the tearing is going to be vanished when the final version will be released.

Hymeleon 29 April, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   30

UStream sucks so hard…

DKShadow 29 April, 2013 @ 6:22 pm   31

Great stream, games looks awesome BUT…

Please for the love of everything put the embedded video after the click next time. The darn thing keeps auto-starting every time I refresh the site and it’s getting veeeeery annoying. Thanks.

I’ve been watching the Ustream live and for that i just saw Beyond is a must have game, definetly! David Cage at his best as in Heavy Rain. Can’t waite for August 10th!

ninenullseven 30 April, 2013 @ 9:47 pm   33

cinema is monologue. author speaks to you. he shows you.
gaming is dialogue. you talk too. you look.
I don’t understand all this cinematographic hype… It is different medium. Mixing cinema and gaming means books with pictures for 3yo.
So what exactly means ‘marriage of gaming and cinema’… you know, Call of Duty is best at it. And it doesn it better than Heavy Rain – it shows it through my eye. Heavy Rain wasn’t even game. It was CG-movie with choices and consequences. It was awesome, but it has nothing to do with gaming. Nor was Fahrenheit. It’s not an accomplishment at all. you know, Braid had a lot more to offer than Heavy Rain… it had not only in-game story, it had my reflection, mirror of my life. And Heavy Rain was just a sad movie with bad visuals. And this is just immature. Again. No surprise games are still blamed for killing… It is immature industry that still trying to copy other mediums.