Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

Soul Sacrifice out this week, watch the new trailer

1986_soulsacrifice_art_general_hero

Soul Sacrifice is finally released in Europe this week. I hope most of you will get the game and start playing as soon as possible.

My team has put a lot of spirit and passionate work into this great title and I’m very proud of it. Once you play the game, you’ll be able to tell that I’ve sacrificed a lot to create this game. Please try and see what it’s like to sacrifice you, your friends and everything to enjoy this game to the fullest.

The game has a lot to it, and the more you play the more you’ll see. Please go explore and find all the Offerings and use the magics to fight through. I’m confident Soul Sacrifice will draw you in instantly and I hope you share your experience and the joy of playing this game with as many people as possible.

My own life story has been the inspiration of this game. I was put in a lot of situations where I had to make tough decisions. I learned that things don’t go well just because you want to be famous or rich or a better person. You have to constantly think what you’re willing to give up or sacrifice to make things happen.

In the past, in order to make interesting games, I had to give up on my sleep, or time with my family. I had to make these tough choices to create interesting games. I also had to give up my status and position when leaving my previous job in order to run my own company. But sometimes, you have to give up something in order to start something, and I thought bringing this to the game would bring realness to the game and create something that players have never been able to experience.

Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita

Games are evolving to better reflect our emotions. Before, things seemed to be just digital and two dimensional. It was mostly only about whether you were strong or weak, whether you could fight at a higher level or not. I believe it will go beyond that, using emotions and instinct, things that are less about a gamer’s ability. I think this will become more important going forward, and I am proud that Soul Sacrifice is among those games to further explore a profound emotional aspect and moral dilemma in-game.

Reviews are starting to pour in – here’s a selection for you to check out!

CVG: 8.5/10 – “Deep and deadly

Nowgamer: 85/100 – “Its attention to detail and stellar execution means it is one of handheld’s best.

TheSixthAxis – “Highly recommended

Destructoid: 8/10 – “One’s battery life may indeed be the greatest sacrifice of them all

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

49 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Nynaeve80 30 April, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   1

This looks great!

togusa-san 30 April, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   2

Day 1 for me! I can’t remember the last time I spend that many hours playing the demo. Arigatou Inafune-san!

Silent_Gig 30 April, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   3

Pre-ordered and ready to go!

Can’t wait to play it

Joooooink 30 April, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   5

Poured around 15 hours into the demo so far and loving it.
Can’t wait to get the pre-order!

Number45 30 April, 2013 @ 3:35 pm   6

Preload ready and waiting. Gutted we have to wait until Friday for it to unlock though. :(

Will have to increase my 20 hours in the demo in the meantime!

monoliet 30 April, 2013 @ 3:50 pm   7

great game lots better then monsterhunter serie.

also i have date of terraria Europe/australie = 15/05/´13

neutronbomb 30 April, 2013 @ 3:54 pm   8

Really looking forward to this.
A minor gripe though. I don’t mind waiting for the game to unlock on friday, but you’ve taken payment from my psn wallet. If you’re willing to take payment early – then you should be willing to let me play it early too.

Artemisthemp 30 April, 2013 @ 3:54 pm   9

Shopto.net just ship my copy :)

Miro33no 30 April, 2013 @ 3:59 pm   10

I am so looking forward to this :D (too bad I will have to wait one more day, because 1.may is an eve here :/ ).
P.S. Maybe I just didn see it, but does pre-order bonuses come with the retail too, or just digital ? If so, how much do you think the JAP. voices will cost ? (if it was not announced yet :D)

BluSpykz 30 April, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   11

From 10 hours of the demo, I can’t actually decide if I like it or not!

Definitely not my kind of game but the trailer sucked me in, and then the demo. But do I LIKe it? I still don’t know.

Gonna have to think a bit harder before squandering £30 or so on it.

TufasPT 30 April, 2013 @ 4:16 pm   12

I had high hopes for AC:Liberation, CoD and Need for Speed, and this year for Ragnarok and Soul Sacrifice, but in all honesty I think these were slightly-above average games (minus CoD, which was mediocre at best). Uncharted did nothing for me as well. However, the Vita is def my favorite portable ever. I take it everywhere and I use it on a daily basis, even before I got Persona 4 digitally last month. Until last month, I was having a blast with WRC3 (I’m a sucker for rally games), Wipeout, Everybody’s Golf, Rayman, Little Big Planet, Stranger’s Wrath.
But for me this not-as-good-as-it-should-have-been game is another missed opportunity for the Vita that, at least in Portugal, has more or less died. There are no retail releases anymore, were it not for the online PS Store we would have nothing this year but Sly Cooper.
I am hoping Sony has a plan. Loving the PS4 annoucements so far. You seem to be on the right track. But unless the Vita excels at E3 this year with a significant game release schedule for the next 12 months and an appropriate price drop for both the console and the memory cards – mandatory for us costumers deprived of physical / retail releases – I just don’t see the future for it.
Here’s hoping.

TufasPT 30 April, 2013 @ 4:20 pm   13

Just to add something to my post: I am loving that studios decide to release “indie” games on the PS Store for the Vita, like Rocketbirds, Guacamelee, Alien Breed, Sound Shapes, Escape Plan… This to me is one of the right paths for the Vita. We need more of these, like Journey, Unfinished Swan, The Cave. Come on developers!

ipot_04 30 April, 2013 @ 4:30 pm   14

R1 and R3 versions are already out here in Philippines 6-8 hours ago.
sadly, there won’t be an R2 version in local shops here.
still can’t leave my R2 account because of my trophies progress and my subscription in PS+.

ipot_04 30 April, 2013 @ 4:34 pm   15

I have a question though, some stores here have been selling the R3 version of this game with the codes for the pre-order bonus even though they didn’t pre-ordered the game, is R3 supposed to be that special or does it only happened here in Philippines?

supersmith2500 30 April, 2013 @ 4:36 pm   16

Quick question, is the game hitting UK retail stores this Friday along with the digital release too?

Luis_FFgamer 30 April, 2013 @ 4:38 pm   17

Will the online open up at midnight may 1st? i ask this because i got my copy early (yesterday) and can’t access the online portion or use my pre-order code. and as such i have spent some more time in the demo online lol.

Amazing game btw. :)

Panos_GRE 30 April, 2013 @ 4:47 pm   18

I have pre-ordered the game and downloaded it along with the Japanese VA. However in my download list there is an item called “preorder entitlement” or something like that, that says “cannot be downloaded to a PS Vita system”. Is that normal?

Artemisthemp 30 April, 2013 @ 6:50 pm   19

EU Retail and Digital = May 1
UK Retail and Digital = May 3

Is the girl on the picture Nimyue?

anunnakid 30 April, 2013 @ 7:32 pm   20

I got the game today and the network pass doesn’t work… anyone else?

Nazar_Ops 30 April, 2013 @ 8:40 pm   21

I got my copy today too. And i can’t redeem the codes. I got a free 30 day trial for PS+ code, and the network pass, but none of these works at the moment. I guess it’s because the game isn’t officially out yet. The codes will probably work at 12AM or something.

bennyrafal 30 April, 2013 @ 8:44 pm   22

This game is about story or multiplayer/coop?

Cola_Cola 30 April, 2013 @ 8:53 pm   23

Got this baby pre ordered!

dark_angel69 30 April, 2013 @ 10:51 pm   24

Love the trailer and love the demo! Can’t wait for my copy to arrive. Should be be here on Friday. A whole weekend of Soul Sacrifice! Does the demo multiplayer end at midnight or something?

NightRanma 1 May, 2013 @ 12:24 am   25

Where did the pre-order option on the PSN store go? Only things in “coming soon” are Deadly Premonition and Resident Evil. Thanks again for the big fat nothing you give your customers, SCEE.

LiquidSolid 1 May, 2013 @ 1:26 am   26

Fix the blood preorder DLC, Sony. Right now it thinks it’s PS3 content, so won’t download to my Vita and when I download it to my PS3, it tries to install on it as well. I know you guys can’t do anything without screwing at least one thing up but how about you attempt to stop that.

yume_2501 1 May, 2013 @ 8:29 am   27

@26
yeah, same problem here. Pelase fix as soon as possible sony… the japanese voice pack is ok, the problem is with the other dlc nonus content

cowbanana 1 May, 2013 @ 8:59 am   28

I love this game. The demo was amazing. Looking forward to playing later today. Pre-loaded and ready :)

Those asking about the pre-order DLC – Try looking under the network options in the game. (Pick the network option when in front of Librom). There should be an option called “peddler” or something like that, where you can redeem the items. I don’t think the DLC is an actual download, instead it gets added to your PSN services and you just need to redeem it in game.

monoliet 1 May, 2013 @ 11:30 am   29

cowbanana @28
jes = way to get u extra stuf .

Agent_Godlike 1 May, 2013 @ 11:50 am   30

ipot_04 i just want to ask what retail store here in the philippines that already selling soul sacrifice? Thanks in advance

PoluSanzo 1 May, 2013 @ 12:26 pm   31

still missing dlc for ss -_- btw. cowbanana this way is not working :/

cowbanana 1 May, 2013 @ 12:53 pm   32

@PoluSanzo

I haven’t tried myself and I can’t check until later today. The info is just what I’ve picked up on other sites.

Do you see the pre-order items listed in your Download List on the Vita? There should be three items; the game, the japanese voice-over pack (both downloadable) and the third item with the pre-order stuff, which isn’t downloadable.

You shouldn’t need to download the last part because it’s a “service” and not actually data to download.

Some God of War: Ascension items work in the same way. You don’t download anything and they show up under services on your PSN account.

I’ll have to see for myself later today.

dark_angel69 1 May, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   33

I see that’s the demo multiplayer now over the day. :( Shame it didn’t stay on until Friday for those of us that are getting the retail copy. If only our local stores could release the game today instead of waiting until then. Two days will come by fast so will give me some time to get some catch up on Defiance again.

cowbanana 1 May, 2013 @ 4:17 pm   34

Ok, so I got around to trying to get the pre-order DLC and…

Network -> peddler -> claim gift; this doesn’t work for me. There’s nothing there.

Another convoluted and broken mess from SCEE.

Any fixes, Sony? Anything?

Zordic21 1 May, 2013 @ 7:36 pm   35

still not good as monster hunter…..

Zordic21 1 May, 2013 @ 7:40 pm   36

having problems with pre-order entitlement download…..

Zordic21 1 May, 2013 @ 8:25 pm   37

soul sacrifice, lol, still cant deny that monster hunter wont be coming to ps vita…

Scisca 1 May, 2013 @ 9:51 pm   38

How do I import the save from the demo?

cowbanana 2 May, 2013 @ 9:55 am   39

Hey, Sony. Do you even care about communicating with your customers now that you have our money?

What are you doing to fix the pre-order issue for those affected?

Woody_sk 2 May, 2013 @ 1:43 pm   40

@cowbanana
I Agree with you. I have the same problem, the jap voice pack is working well, but the costumes and spell are not in the peddeler, its little annoying, i wanted those spells so much :/

dark_angel69 2 May, 2013 @ 5:48 pm   41

@Scisca
Did you delete the demo before you started the game? If your answer is yes then you deleted the save. When you delete a game/demo, the save also gets deleted. If your answer is no then, start new game and it should continue on from there. After you put the demo save onto your full game slots, your free to delete the demo anytime you want. But I heard somewhere you should back up a few saves before deleting the demo incase you want to start over or something.

JKonzon 3 May, 2013 @ 6:58 am   42

what time can I play soul sacrifice ? it still saying
This application has not reached its start date and is not available yet :(

Olivier Banal 3 May, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   43

Hi everyone,

Here is a quick reminder on how to claim your exclusive content if you have pre-ordered the game on the Store:

- Navigate to the Soul Sacrifice™ Add-ons page and download the 2 Exclusive Offerings Game Packs and the Network Pass. You can also follow the PlayStation®Store link on the Soul Sacrifice LiveArea™ menu and download the items from there.
To check if the operation was successful, you can go to your Services List: the Network Pass, character costumes and offerings should all be listed under the Soul Sacrifice category.

- To unlock the exclusive costumes and offerings in-game, choose the following sequence of options: “Librom”, “Network”, “Peddler”, “Claim Gift”.

If you can’t see the Network option in the game’s main menu, don’t panic. Just complete the Sorcerer’s Ordeal chapter in the Mad Chronicle to unlock it.

Thank you and enjoy the game!

Olivier

dark_angel69 3 May, 2013 @ 6:09 pm   44

Hi Olivier
What about those of us that pre-ordered retail? My game arrived the day and I entered my online pass and everything. The game works online but I didn’t get my pre-order things. I followed your steps above but it didn’t help me.

Olivier Banal 3 May, 2013 @ 6:21 pm   45

Hi dark_angel69,

You should have got a pre-order voucher in the box, along with the Network Pass. You just have to redeem the code on the Store and download the items.

If you haven’t got the voucher with your pre-ordered copy, I suggest you contact whoever you bought your copy from and ask them for it.

Olivier

dark_angel69 3 May, 2013 @ 6:27 pm   46

Yeah I must be missing one then cos I only got two voucher codes. One for the Network Pass and the other is the 30 day trial of PS+. It should be three voucher codes in total then?

CesareZP 3 May, 2013 @ 8:18 pm   47

Same boat here! I’ve contacted Tesco about my missing dlc. Thought all pre-orders got the dlc.

dark_angel69 4 May, 2013 @ 11:41 am   48

I checked Hotukdeals and seen people reported they never got the code in theirs either. It was from Tesco also.

You can find the link to it here:

Is there anything you can do in your end to inform Tesco about the pre-order bonus and to send it out to everyone that never got?

CesareZP 11 May, 2013 @ 11:50 pm   49

Any update or chance of the dlc for people who thought based what was written on the site that all preorders came with it?