Posted 1 May

‘Heads-up’ PlayStation Store update, 1st May 2013

First up this week, Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita! Embark on an epic adventure to learn dark, powerful magic as you fight to free yourself from a nightmare prison – and escape the clutches of an evil sorcerer named Magusar.

FarCry3BloodDragon_FeaturedImage_PVWIMG

Over on PS3, be sure not to miss Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Welcome to an ’80s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rouge. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. PS Plus members take note, you can claim 20% off the asking price for two weeks.

Elsewhere, look out for Zombie Tycoon 2 on both PS3 and PS Vita, and Telltale Games’ Poker Night 2 on PS3. Oh, and PS Plus members, don’t forget to grab your PS3 content for May – Hitman Absolution, Catherine and Malicious. Enjoy!

New PlayStation Network content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus

Hitman Absolution – 100% off
Catherine – 100% off
Malicious – 100% off
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – 20% off
Zen Pinball 2 – 50% off
Hamilton’s Great Adventure – 10% off

PS3 games

Far Cry 3 + Far Cry Blood Dragon
Price: £63.99/€79.99
PEGI: 18
Availability: All

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (Trial available)
Price: £11.99/€14.99

PEGI: 3
Availability: Not available in Australia, New Zealand

PS Vita games

Farming Simulator
Price: £6.49/€7.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: Not available in Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine

Machinarium
Price: £4.79/€5.99
PEGI: 7
Availability: All

Soul Sacrifice (available from May 3 for UK/IRE)
Price: £29.99/€34.99

• Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love
  • Marlon Roudette – New Age
  • Pereza – Niña de papá
  • The Miracles – Love Machine
  • The Platters – The Great Pretender

Prices: £1.15/€1.39

The Pinball Arcade (Cross-Buy)

PS Vita DLC

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy)

Prices: Free
Availability: All

The Pinball Arcade (Cross-Buy)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

292 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

VaVeTi 1 May, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   1

hello jawad

my soul sacrifice pre order dlc doesnt start downloading from the ps3 store and it isnt on the ps vita store

i checked in the game but i dont have the dlc exept the japanese language pack but the weapons and clothing is missing

Jawad Ashraf 1 May, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

The extra costume and offerings are accessed in game once you gain access to the Network section of the game. You’ll have to play through part of the game first before this is available.

Bovrillor 1 May, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   2

Somebody should be shot for the Dead Island Riptide pricing. Even the TV adverts say it’s £24.

Still, I’ve bought more games than I can actually play this year already. Sometimes I wish there were less AAA titles.

gyrocop 1 May, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   3

I must admit that I’m disappointed in SCEE. How long do we have to wait for a game we paid for 5 days ago? We’ve seen no shadow of Deadly Premonition: Director’s Cut and there has been no explanation why it’s delayed. All we ever get is: “It will come eventually”, but that is not good enough, we want specific solid answers, not broken promises.

Stipey 1 May, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   4

What. No Farming Simulator for us Norwegians? Just because we farm a lot in real life doesn’t mean I don’t wanna simulate it. My heart is a tiny bit broken.

Oh well, Blood Dragon it is then.

Omisnad 1 May, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   5

Dont buy the arcade pinball dlc if you have a vita … Its an obsolute disgrace..!!!

… Still nofix for the doa5 dlc i see either!!!

AaronSOLDIER 1 May, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   6

Meanwhile the US Store had a HUGE sale last night (which I took advantage of).

Faustofausto 1 May, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   7

LOL, Zen Pinball 2 is free :D
50% off for all the tables?

tycho2 1 May, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   8

Well I’ve always resisted the idea of getting a Vita, but now there’s a Farming Simulator where do I sign up? I’ve not been on a combine harvester rampage since GTA San Andreas ;)

darkdudes_2 1 May, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   9

Hitman for PS+ :D

is it safe to buy Little Big Planet Karting, Twisted Metal, Uncharted 2 or Starhawk for PS+ Owners?^^

Gloom12356776543 1 May, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   10

Any news about Ratchet and Clank Q-force (PS Vita) ??? we are waiting for this game so long :( :( :(

dividsmythe 1 May, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   11

PS+ stuff for me. :D maybe FC3 BD as well

EternalDarknessq 1 May, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   12

been waiting for this the whole day thanks, jawad and others!

Chaosprower 1 May, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   13

Dragon Fantasy Book I won’t be released in Europe anytime soon, right? I bet it’s inside the eternal “in submission to SCEE”…

dogwalker4000 1 May, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   14

Hitman, Catherine and Blood Dragon for me :D

Any news on Dragon Fantasy? I’m guessing its in submission…right? ;)

RunningManUK 1 May, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   15

Farming simulator, that was a ton of fun on the PC. Nice update, keen to play FC3 BD :) Happy days. Oh and everyone

BUY THOMAS WAS ALONE

as it’s lovely.

Chungles 1 May, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   16

Will Europeans get the All-Stars Heritage Sale our American brethren have been offered?

ipot_04 1 May, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   17

Hi Jawad.

i have a question regarding Soul Sacrifice, if i buy the digital version of Soul Sacrifice, will i also get the add-ons for free?
coz the add-ons were free in US PSN.

Bovrillor 1 May, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   18

As much as I appreciate Hitman being on Plus, there’s too much high-filesize content recently. My ISP is not loving my 100GB/month usage!

XisTG 1 May, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   19

The video mentioned a GOW Ascension DLC, but where is it?
Still, what a great update. I wish there was a demo for Poker Night though.

sl1van1njaIRL 1 May, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   20

is deadly premonition out today because on the store it wont let me download it until the 4th of may

MaxDiehard 1 May, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   21

Already downloaded this month’s PS+ Content.

I’ll be gettibg Farming Simulator as well, been waiting a long time for it. :) Now here’s hoping to see Euro Truck Simulator on Vita. :P

LiquidSolid 1 May, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   22

Yeah Soul Sacrifice “Pre-Order Entitlement” (spelt Sacrafice because I guess someone was drunk) is borked and has been for days (the game came out on the 30th here). It thinks its a piece of PS3 DLC, so installs to my PS3 and won’t download to my Vita.

And when is Dragon Fantasy Book I coming out?

DragonGuard666 1 May, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   23

I’d like to see Fire Pro Returns come to EU store. Please please pleeeeaasseee, US store has it.

sl1van1njaIRL 1 May, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   24

is deadly premonition out today because on the store because it wont let me download it until the 4th of may

dark_angel69 1 May, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   25

Thanks for the heads up on PS+ games. I’ve been so busy thinking about Soul Sacrifice I forgot all about Hitman. lol. Suppose I must rush through it the day and tomorrow because on Friday I’ll be playing Soul Sacrifice flat out!

Cpt_Yanni 1 May, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   26

Why no Farming Simulator for us Belgians? Hmmm… :-/ By the way! Is Machinarium Cross-buy?

ZeFlash 1 May, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   27

Why does Poker Night 2 cost double on PS3 compared to PC?

jens15 1 May, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   28

Any words on the IGC from June. When can we expect more news :). And why isn’t here a Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Demo in the EU store?

Jawad Ashraf 1 May, 2013 @ 3:37 pm

So early to speak of June’s PS Plus content, but hey, who knows. Check back next week :)

TroubleMaker411 1 May, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   29

A cyborg army gone ROUGE? They all red are they Jawad my friend? Maybe you meant Rogue?
Haha!
Cheers for the update, always appreciated

mJ_mSv 1 May, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   30

yey, farming simulator for vita, nice suprise, but woot ex-norway and lots others, do not understand why so many of todays developers do not want our money.. would be wery happy if I could buy the uk version thought, so why not just put it in store!..

INS1GHTFUL 1 May, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   31

Hi jawad
on the 3ds store there is a discount on the marvel zen pinball tables. Will we be getting the same discounts? I want to buy all of them but the £8 for each set feels like alot.
thanks

MafiaCub 1 May, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   32

For those getting Blood Dragon. Be forewarned, the main game is only 3 hours long.

It’s a great game, but not a long of content for £12 and the final boss battle is a bit of a let down, albeit the build to it is fantastic.

AKbizzy 1 May, 2013 @ 3:19 pm   33

Zombie Tycoon 2 – cross buy ?

ipot_04 1 May, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   34

#31, LMAO.
dunno if that’s a troll post or a serious one.

Artemisthemp 1 May, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   35

No Iris Heart Avatar :(
Hope it gonna hit PSN next week, so I can stop been jealous on US PSN

dirtyCAT79 1 May, 2013 @ 3:22 pm   36

When will SS unlock? I have mine pre-loaded already on the vita but its still saying the game isn’t released yet.

dirtyCAT79 1 May, 2013 @ 3:22 pm   37

Oh yes – and ANYTHING on Ratchet and Clank yet? I pre-ordered that ages ago.

nakano1987 1 May, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   38

Thank you for the Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars table discount! Now if we only could get some similar discount for Pinball Arcade tables.

PRTM_CLUESCROL 1 May, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   39

No sale this weekend? :( anyway is there a chance we could get Zen pinball 1 DLC tables back?

Nightmare966 1 May, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   40

Hi Jawad, I’d like to note that Darksiders and the Darksiders II DLC is back on the Store. Should have been mentioned that a chunk of THQ contest’s returned! :D

Nothing to grab for me this week, although I might take FC3: DB Demo. Also, glad to see Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the Store, one great title and one of the best action games out there.

On GOW: Ascension DLC, Santa Monica’s confirmed that it’s coming out next week in the end.

Dark-Twisted 1 May, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   41

Sound Shapes DLC.

It’s been on my system for around two months and it’s you guys holding the unlock keys hostage. When do you plan to release the DLC unlocks for those last two packs, you must know?

seanoc1 1 May, 2013 @ 3:25 pm   42

Any word on a release of Dragon Fantasy Book I?

Nice discount for FC3BD, and been waiting for Hitman for a while, glad for having PS+.

INS1GHTFUL 1 May, 2013 @ 3:25 pm   43

#34 im serious. I want those tables but feel theyre overpriced. If a competitor has a sale on them, i would hope sony could secure a similar deal. I thought zen wanted to do the deal this eek because of iron man 3 is out.

SSJVEGETA2007 1 May, 2013 @ 3:25 pm   44

Strangely interested in Farming Simulator lol Does it have trophies?

DieFliedermouse 1 May, 2013 @ 3:26 pm   45

Love this months PS+ update – cheers. Can’t wait to get into Catherine. ;)

Just checking, seeing as RPG’s got voted the most wanted genre for future IGC games, what are the chances of Ni No Kuni being included in a future update? You’d make a young fellow very happy if it were :)

TINTINTB303 1 May, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   46

It’s all about FC3 Blood Dragon for £9.59 for me this week! :-D

chrisboers 1 May, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   47

#7: Only the (hugely overpriced) Star Wars tables are on 50% sale. At 50%, they are actually reasonably priced, for those into Star Wars pinball.

CreditDue 1 May, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   48

Gucamelee soundtrack releasing on PSN? I must know

DocWeed 1 May, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   49

Hi what time is the sale today please hopein for some vita love.heres hopein its like the US sale aswell its one of the biggest ones iv seen so many cheap games so theres noway this week will be one of them with nout to offer again.. Will it

Pure_Mind_Games 1 May, 2013 @ 3:29 pm   50