Posted 12:00pm

The Last of Us special editions showcased in new trailers

The Last Of Us

In only a few weeks you will be able to get your hands on Naughty Dog’s hotly anticipated new title The Last of Us!

Set 20 years after a pandemic has radically changed civilization as we know it, The Last of Us follows Joel, a hardened survivor who is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across what remains of the United States.

Across PAL regions, we have two very special editions that you can pre-order now and enjoy as soon as the game hits the shelves on 14th June – the mirror Joel and Ellie editions, based on the game’s protagonists. Check out trailers detailing the contents of each special edition below:

Retailing at €79.99, these limited editions can be pre-ordered now by clicking on the relevant locale link below:

UKhttp://thelastofus.eu.playstation.com/en_GB/buy

FRhttp://thelastofus.eu.playstation.com/fr_FR

IThttp://thelastofus.eu.playstation.com/it_IT

DEhttp://thelastofus.eu.playstation.com/de_DE

EShttp://thelastofus.eu.playstation.com/es_ES

We’ll be revealing more details on The Last of Us in the coming weeks. In the meantime, visit www.thelastofus.com for more information!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first
joeldeak 1 May, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   1

I’m kind of curious as to why the Ellie edition is £5 more than the Joel edition, maybe because its limited to Game..but still, don’t see why they need to increase the price…I’ve preordered the Ellie edition, hence why i’m asking.

is the blu-ray disc coming in a normal case or a steelbook? seems to me a little bit confusing when i look at the canvas wrap.

Hoping to get a steelbook :D

Elliott Linger 3 May, 2013 @ 9:42 am

Hi dahein
    The disc is not in a steelbook no, but in a fold out digipack (which slots back into the canvas wrap and outer box)

CreditDue 1 May, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   3

why aren’t these available on Amazon.co.uk? Still need to see how MP is before I decide whether or not I want it though

VictorAnalogy 1 May, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   4

Pre-Ordered this through Amazon.it since they have the water bottle and Game UK don’t. Thanks EU Free Movement of Goods laws. :D

TINTINTB303 1 May, 2013 @ 12:21 pm   5

For the love of god can you just tell us what the actual disc comes in?!

This question has been asked many times and is always met with zero response.

The trailer(s) make it even more confusing.

Is it a plastic box like normal?
Is it loose in the canvas wrap?
Is it in a steelbook/case?
Is it in a cardboard sleave?

Please can you just let us know.

Thanks in advance

TinTin :-)

Capt_Darling 1 May, 2013 @ 12:23 pm   6

Would have preferred the 170+ page full size hardcover art book that is in the US survivor edition which is the same price by the way.

Once again the EU gets the short end of the stick.

andrewsqual 1 May, 2013 @ 12:40 pm   7

Hmm, I believe Gamestop UK will be doing the Ellie and Joel statue that is in the US version as a separate purchase.

andrewsqual 1 May, 2013 @ 12:49 pm   8

Wait a minute what happened to the “Dynamic Theme showing Joel and Ellie on their journey through a ravaged city” like in the Original pic here? http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/22/the-last-of-us-joel-edition-and-ellie-edition-announced/

In this trailer it just says that it is a Wallpaper? I have that wallpaper pic on my PS3 menu right now. Is that all it is? Where is the dynamic theme gone?

Elliott Linger 3 May, 2013 @ 9:44 am

Hi andrewsqual – the dynamic theme will still be available in these editions

Cube1701 1 May, 2013 @ 12:51 pm   9

I would like to get the Ellie Edition, but I would never trust GAME with a pre-order after them cancelling a Collector’s Edition less than two weeks before the game’s release.

sjcox 1 May, 2013 @ 1:05 pm   10

The Joel addition is £44 @ tesco and get £5 off with code: TDX-KPWM
makes it cheaper than the standard.

MrStores 1 May, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   11

You can pre order the Joel Edition from Tesco for £44, and they currently have a £5 off when you spend £30 on video games, so will only be £39. Ordered mine last week

Mojo__Man 1 May, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   12

When Tesco mess up their pre-orders due to over-damand, posters 10 and 11 only have themselves to blame ;-)

alice_push_lara2 1 May, 2013 @ 1:49 pm   13

79.9 euro but 115 AUD in australia=.=

Keldj 1 May, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   15

Hi Elliott

Sorry for disturbing you.

I was wondering if you could do a small thing for me and check up on what shops in Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland will be having the Elliot and Joel versions?

The reason why I am asking is that there seems to be a bit of confusion about what shops sell the different editions. For example on http://thelastofus.eu.playstation.com/sv_SE/buy there is no store selling the JOEL version. On the Finnish edition of the site http://thelastofus.eu.playstation.com/fi_FI/buy there are two different shops selling the JOEL version, but no one is selling the ELLIE version.

OttoT 1 May, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   16

I’m very disapoined in the EU special editions.
The US survivor edition (which is the same price) as the full size 170+ page hardcover art book AND the full size comic.

Once again the EU gets shafted, thanks Naughty Dog.

Strangeheaven 1 May, 2013 @ 2:51 pm   17

I’m interested in a steelbook for this game with excellent artwork.

STEELBOOKS STEELBOOKS STEELBOOKS

Strangeheaven 1 May, 2013 @ 2:58 pm   18

Buy it from Shopto Excellent service,I’m that confident I will be playing this game a whole day before release.

Stonesthrow 1 May, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   19

I’m pretty much done with special editions because I don’t know where to put it all anymore :p I would like to get the OST, maybe it gets a seperate release on the store? And the DLC too I suppose?
This needs to get here soon, been a bit bored the last months..

Elliott Linger 3 May, 2013 @ 9:46 am

Hi Stonesthrow – you can still get the soundtrack as part of the Sights and Sounds pack pre-order (not just via the Special Editions)

RagingAvatar 1 May, 2013 @ 4:31 pm   20

WARNING: To all those thinking of buying the US edition of the game, be warned, the game *may* have a network pass which means no online for you if you import.

Elliott Linger 3 May, 2013 @ 9:46 am

You’re correct RagingAvatar – TLOU will use Network Pass

trulydeadly1 1 May, 2013 @ 5:47 pm   21

Where are the multiplayer details?!? I’m hyped enough already for the story. I wanna know if it going to be worth playing online…

Elliott Linger 3 May, 2013 @ 9:47 am

We’ll be able to talk about MP in more detail soon

JoaoAZC 1 May, 2013 @ 7:19 pm   22

can we buy tlof day one on ps store? thanks

solarwind12 1 May, 2013 @ 7:37 pm   23

@22.
i’d be surprised if tlou gets a day1 digital release, most probobly this will be 2nd biggest retailers week of year, cod being 1st.. so if sen were to try and bump in on that i doubt retailers would take to kindly, ie threats about not promoting consoles/other exclusives as much as say m$’s. Still i may be wrong.. btw whens demo going live on GoW-A disc ?.. last time i checked it froze my game, so don’t fancy seeing again.. can someone add it if their posting.. ta.

KylieDog 1 May, 2013 @ 7:49 pm   24

Eu/UK getting shafted on special editions compared to US, so not buying the game, rental.

Your marketing sucks.

Strangeheaven 1 May, 2013 @ 8:53 pm   25

When will the game go gold I wonder.

Fingers crossed folk’s that the game lasts 30 hours of pure fun.

Dano141 1 May, 2013 @ 11:30 pm   26

Guys, if you want it cheaper use www flubit com, I got mine pre-ordered at £28!! cheapest ive seen anywhere!

Zordic21 3 May, 2013 @ 2:51 pm   27

all good games are coming to ps3, how about ps vita we’re being left behind…

BornTalented- 4 May, 2013 @ 9:43 am   28

Pre-ordered the Joel Edition!

tosyn_88 4 May, 2013 @ 1:41 pm   29

I got my Ellie edition pre-ordered from GAME

Manga_Kid_UK 7 May, 2013 @ 7:38 am   30

I’m looking forward to this so hoping this game is everything they are saying. http://img.game.co.uk/images/content/SpecialEditions/LastOfUsEllieEditionPS3.jpg

solarwind12 7 May, 2013 @ 11:00 pm   31

Thnx a lot to guy in Game. 28th, looking forwards to seeing the GoW-A demo.. i know TLOU is going to be special, but i really want to see if including demo With Kratos game will be worthy of ND, would hate to see a couple hundred Mb demo that, well thats basically useless, for those people who’re not interested in GoW, Also, Game are showing off a different demo than GoW one, locking customers in shop from 5.30pm till 8.00pm, allthough it will (i hear) more than likely continue later than 8.00pm. depending on how good/bad your local Game staff are i guess..you need to have put name down etc, depending on store size i guess, health N safety.. got my place 1st May.. Good luck IF ye never knew yet.