Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

Conversations with creators: Watch_Dogs on PS4

Today we’re pleased to debut a Watch_Dogs developer diary as part of PlayStation’s “Conversations With Creators” – the first in an ongoing series that focuses on PS4 game development at some of the most accomplished studios in the world.

In this video, you get to meet two of the driving forces in the Watch_Dogs dev team: Dominic, our senior producer and Jonathan, the creative director. Together, they discuss their vision for Watch_Dogs and ultimately, some of the development details for the PlayStation platforms.

By working in close collaboration with PlayStation, the team is working to harness the full power of the PS4. This gives them the opportunity to create a truly uncompromised experience with high-resolution environment textures and advanced special effects. The game experience, much like the city you’ll get to play in, will be rich, deep and detailed.

As Jonathan and Dominic explain, connectivity is truly at the heart of the Watch_Dogs experience. We already know Aiden is connected to his own environment, but we also want to give the players new and different ways to connect with each other, and working with PlayStation makes this possible.

In the end, we want to let you experience what it truly feels like to be in a hyper-connected world, whether it be in single player, multiplayer, at home, or even on the go.

Remember, you can always visit the Watch_Dogs Facebook page  and Twitter account  for great content and conversation. You can also pre-order your copy on the official website.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

10 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
Stonesthrow 3 May, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   1

Looks gorgeous and awesome. Is this actual ps4 footage?

Reality_palez 3 May, 2013 @ 3:36 pm   2

There should be 2 of these a month conversation with creators is a great idea

Fred Dutton 3 May, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

Yes, we’ll have plenty more of these in the next few months. Some great stuff lined up.

Carl-G 3 May, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   3

PLEASE PLEASE erm PLEASE:D SONY(& other game makers) make every game that is playable on the PS4 be playable via Remote Play on the PSVita:P I would love to play this amazing looking game ‘ANYWHERE’:P That is the connected(gaming) future i want;)

MaxDiehard 3 May, 2013 @ 4:24 pm   4

@Carl-G

That’s what Sony are hoping to do, but it’s really up to the developers to implement it.

kivi95 3 May, 2013 @ 4:43 pm   5

4# Remote control will be in all games.(except for move games) The devs won’t need to lift a finger to have the feuture in their games as it’s built into the system.(so won’t be like the PS3-PSP/psvita compatibility))

BiGsMoO7ke 3 May, 2013 @ 4:49 pm   6

I want this game on the PS4 but the thing is i don’t want to be forced to go online to play the single-player if that’s the case. that would put me off. also if it’s a day one download that would be awesome.

dark_angel69 3 May, 2013 @ 5:09 pm   7

Couple questions
1) Has the Vigilante Edition for PS4 been taken off the official website? I seen it there yesterday but it’s gone now.
2) Both PS3 and PS4 games appear to be the same price. Does this mean all PS4 games will cost the same as PS3?
3) What size head would the cap fit? Big and small?
4) Is the mask stretchable to fit everyone?
5) Can we get Dedsec Edition and Vigilante edition put into one?

Few things in the Dedsec Edition interest me but I want the cap and mask. lol. If I was to pick one I’d go for the Vigilante edition but would rather get one with both put together.

BiosNova 3 May, 2013 @ 5:21 pm   8

These videos are a great idea. I am really looking forward to Watch_Dogs, I plan on getting a PS4 on launch day, and will be picking this up too!

EmperorLawlight 4 May, 2013 @ 12:03 am   9

So, what will the framerate be like on the PS4?

AlexHCKR 5 May, 2013 @ 9:49 am   10

I’ll buy it and AC IV Black Flag on Christmas! I think that both will be better if played with a PS4, but I won’t buy the console until it has a good price, so until April-May 2014.