Posted 11:00am

Grand Theft Auto sale roars onto PlayStation Store this week!

GTA Sale

Got a hankering for some Grand Theft Auto action? Well, I’m very happy to announce that PlayStation Store has teamed up with our friends at Rockstar to bring you some great discounts on their epic series. See below for a full list of deals

These discounts will go live as soon as the store updates on Wednesday 8th May and will run for one week, so make sure you grab them while you can! Enjoy!

Grand Theft Auto 3 (not available in Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (not available in Germany, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45 €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (not available in Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto 4 (not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €24.99/£19.99/AU$29.95, now €11.99/£9.69/AU$17.95
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto 4 Complete Edition (not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €34.99/£29.99/AU$47.95, now €16.99/£12.99/AU$24.95
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto 4: Episodes from Liberty City (not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$12.95
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto 4: The Lost and Damned (not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto 4: The Ballad of Gay Tony (not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia/UAE)
Was €8.99/£7.29/AU$26.45, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP) (not available in Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP) (not available in Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP) (not available in Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes Bundle (not available in Kuwait, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, UAE)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95, now €9.99/£7.99/€14.45

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

65 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first

Gary485 8 May, 2013 @ 11:06 am   1

One question. What are the chances of GTA IV being free on Plus within the next few months(or any of these games)? I kinda have this fear that it’ll be free in the lead up to GTA V to get people hyped for that game. At this price I am tempted. I actually have the game on 360 but I don’t pay for XBL anymore because of how big a rip-off it is, so I’d like the PS3 version so I can play it online again.

I’ll probably grab Liberty City Stories since that’s the only portable GTA I don’t have(though I do have it on PS2).

Chris Howe 8 May, 2013 @ 1:36 pm

It’s unlikely to be honest, we can never say never but the fact that it’s not available in all regions limits it’s use in Plus

RagingAvatar 8 May, 2013 @ 11:06 am   2

Are all the PSP GTA games playable on Vita?

Gary485 8 May, 2013 @ 11:07 am   3

Also what’s the file size of Liberty City Stories?

VILLARANGTAIV 8 May, 2013 @ 11:08 am   4

Yesterday I bought Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and now I see this!!!??? Give me my 5€ please!!!

gbgamesmember 8 May, 2013 @ 11:08 am   5

I`m Seeing This Great Discounts and I can`t Buy any GTA game Cuz It`s Banned in ME region :( ..

Gary485 8 May, 2013 @ 11:09 am   6

@RagingAvatar, they’re on the Vita store so I’m pretty sure they are.

ShadowFlex 8 May, 2013 @ 11:10 am   7

Off topic:

Anymore news on Terraria psVita? I only ask because it’ll be a day one for me. Also could we have a post about timescales and what “Coming soon” really means on this blog! You mad wordsmiths!

Aces73High 8 May, 2013 @ 11:12 am   8

Funnily enough, I was about to grab Liberty City Stories for PSP/Vita yesterday. Now I’m gonna snap Vice City Stories up as well..!!!

#2 – @RagingAvatar – yes buddy, the PSP games are playable on Vita

#3 – @Gary485 – if memory serves, it’s a little over 1gb. Maybe 1100mb.

Gary485 8 May, 2013 @ 11:15 am   9

@Aces73High – Thanks. That’s not too bad. Pretty sure I’ll still have to delete something to get it on ym Vita though, especially after getting Sine Mora today. Sony really need to hurry up with those bigger memory cards.

Aces73High 8 May, 2013 @ 11:19 am   10

I know Gary, I’ve filled up two 32GB cards already – I’d dearly love a 128GB card, I can tell you.

By the way, just double checked the LCS file size, it 1163mb. Unfortunately however, it’s still showing up as £11.99 (£10.79 for Plus subscribers) on the store. However, it does indeed show up as £5.99 when accessing the store with my Vita.

Bugabuser69 8 May, 2013 @ 11:23 am   11

Already have all these games from last GTA sale, thanks anyway!, any chance for a call of duty sale or possible Battlefield?

ippogrifo 8 May, 2013 @ 11:29 am   12

Honestly I’m not a big fan of GTA, but I’m tempted to buy Chinatown Wars since at the time of its release I heard many positive opinions about it.

crusher915 8 May, 2013 @ 11:34 am   13

Rockstar overprices GTA4 and red dead to begin with there is no other studio (besides activision (prototype…) that would charge this much for an old game and a multi-million seller at that

salberts93 8 May, 2013 @ 11:35 am   14

I’d buy San Andreas and maybe Vice City if they were playable on PS Vita, why are they not I really don’t understand ?

Aces73High 8 May, 2013 @ 11:35 am   15

@ippogrifo – I’d wholeheartedly recommend Chinatown Wars buddy. It really is rather splendid and looks way, waaaaaaay better on Vita than it ever did on PSP.

Lyonjak 8 May, 2013 @ 11:37 am   16

San Andreas for me, been waiting for that to drop to a more agreeable price since it was released. Actually Vice City at £3.99 (minus 10%) is pretty tempting.

Gary485 8 May, 2013 @ 11:40 am   17

@salberts93 – I think it’s something to do with Vita not having the horsepower to emulate PS2 games successfully. I’m no techie and don’t really understand it, but I was told there are technical reasons Vita can’t emulate PS2 classics like PS3 can.

Tyringe 8 May, 2013 @ 11:43 am   18

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP) (not available in Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05

The others seem to be updated but Chinatown Wars is showing at £8.99.

Can you check please?

pinkplaybunny 8 May, 2013 @ 11:44 am   19

Hey Chris

Jawad hinted that we might be finding out about June plus content this week, is that true? :-)

Chris Howe 8 May, 2013 @ 1:46 pm

If you take a little peak at the Knights and Witches Sale blog there are a couple of bit of info in there but we will let you know the rest next week :)

Flame-cro 8 May, 2013 @ 11:48 am   20

Same thing in croatian store as in post 18

godheit 8 May, 2013 @ 11:48 am   21

Hi Chris,
quick question.

Do you have any updates to share when Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush get replaced?
I thought that you said June/July is that right and meanwhile do you have a specific date for it?

thanks in advance and sry for offtopic.

Chris Howe 8 May, 2013 @ 1:48 pm

We can’t give specific details at the moment but it is unlikely that the VITA ones will get updated in June / July. We will have news on the PS3 ones in a couple of weeks or so though

aKaSoG 8 May, 2013 @ 11:52 am   22

Ive Noticed the new trend on 1 special per week, and tbh, i dont like it :(

I’d prefer 1 good special with a larger amount of items, and to last a month.

Otherwise we will be seeing more specials like this one.
(I.e. 3rd time on special in about 3 months, with a extra 2-3 games)

BluSpykz 8 May, 2013 @ 11:54 am   23

@19 – Jawad was asked 2 questions. One about PS+ June, and one about a game. His reply was something like “Bit early for Plus. Check back next week”

I “think” check back next week (this week) was in reference to the second part of the question. The darn tease!

=============

Might pick a few of these up. Shame PS2 classics aren’t compatible on the Vita though.
One I will stay clear of is San Andreas. I have a freaky variation of colour-blindness, and San Andreas melds into one horrible looking brown block infront of my eyes. Impossible for me to play.
Vice City on the other hand…

Bjarno86 8 May, 2013 @ 11:54 am   24

@godheit

They are yearly titles, so I think they will not be replaced until November. The PS3 yearly titles are going to be replaced in June.

foxsevent 8 May, 2013 @ 11:55 am   25

I was wondering what to buy this month, and you guys just made the choice for me. :)
Also maybe now some people will shut up saying that US gets better deals, like when they were complaining about last month when US got this GTA sale and we got something else.

Tagged_Deaf 8 May, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   26

Hmm, still thinking about getting GTA 3 to San Andreas.

Always enjoyed these sales!

Very good sale!!

Im gonna buy vice city but have a question first Chris.

Can i play it on ps vita?

Also can we expect a plus update for june this week as hinted by jawad?

Keep up the good work!!

Chris Howe 8 May, 2013 @ 1:51 pm

Yes it can be played on VITA

Jawad put a couple of pieces of information in the Knights and Witches Sale blog but we will have full update for you next week

BluSpykz 8 May, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   28

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD
Was €24.99/£19.99, now €12.99/£10.99
Note: Coming to PS Plus in June

godheit 8 May, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   29

@Bjarno86

have a look ;) bit.ly/YET91t

CoolRichy007UK 8 May, 2013 @ 12:22 pm   30

wait till gtaV comes out that game is gonna be bigger then justin stupid beiber

CreditDue 8 May, 2013 @ 1:05 pm   31

quality sale. San Andreas for me. I’ve been waiting for it to drop in price for ages.

Here’s a hoping for a general Rockstar sale in the weeks leading up to GTA V

goaaala_baer 8 May, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   32

Too bad GTA Vice City (PS2 Classics) is not in Germany and no Stories titles for PS3 (PS2 Classics). I so wanted to have all GTAs on my PS3 as I already own GTA 4, Episodes from Liberty City and GTA San Andreas there.

Gamesgbkiller 8 May, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   33

To bad.
Its not for me :(

NightRanma 8 May, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   34

It says a lot to me about how bad Rockstar have been this generation when they consider GTA4 to be worth only slightly more than San Andreas, a game from the previous generation.

I might pick up some stuff, or maybe I won’t considering you already have an undeserved ~$50 of my money having been screwed on the Deadly Premonition pre-order.

PG-Wackiest 8 May, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   35

Stop with all the sales! Running out of moolah ;) had to bag Vice City :p as I’ve still yet to play it. Ever.

jhd_1 8 May, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   36

Why Sony ? :(

CoolRichy007UK 8 May, 2013 @ 1:27 pm   37

all xbox360 owners are banned from this blog so Gary485 you can (DELITED DELITED)

TheAlchemist420 8 May, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   38

Hi
Got a voucher for 30 days free ps+ with deadly premonition last week. The code does not work. Can anything be done?????

darkdudes_2 8 May, 2013 @ 1:47 pm   39

Is there a chance to see Little Big Planet Karting, Twisted Metal, Uncharted 2 in the IGC?^^

MatRaven 8 May, 2013 @ 1:56 pm   40

Aaaah, why there is no VCS and LCS for PS3 as PS2 Classics?(

Voodoo341 8 May, 2013 @ 2:00 pm   41

Why does 10% seem to be the default PS+ discount and why only discount on mass when games are put on sale?

godheit 8 May, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   42

Sry don’t know how to quote correctly.

“Posted on 28 January, 2013 at 2:08 pm by Chris Howe
We will look at updating these in the summer June / July”

Does your newer reply mean they will “Not” be replaced in the June / July timeframe?
or did I missunderstand something.

Micky_002 8 May, 2013 @ 2:14 pm   43

Oh no and I bought GTA Vice City Stories just yesterday, at normal price. :( If the discount would have been there yesterday I could buy me the other game I wanted as well.

SoundableObject 8 May, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   44

I was just looking at the PS2 classics yesterday and hoping you’d do a sale on them. Now less than 24 hours later you’ve have on a couple of games I want! Vice City and San Andreas for £9 (after plus discount), hurray.

Do you know if you have any plans to do a sale on other PS2 titles Wouldn’t mind Sonic Heroes for £4. Or Canis Canem Edit. :)

aros2011 8 May, 2013 @ 2:27 pm   45

Fantastic news – thank you very much Sony. I will be picking up the two Stories titles later today. I’ve been waiting for these to be reduced all year!

I look forward to a further PSP sale too.

Thanks Sony, you have won my loyalty for the next gen with the sales and customer relations that this blog provides.

aros2011 8 May, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   46

Godheit – that was regarding the PS3 titles. The Vita titles were put up in November so will likely be replaced at the end of the year.

maxplastic 8 May, 2013 @ 2:34 pm   47

Yeah, like some people said – what’s going on with VCS and LCS from PS2 Classics? Why they’re not at this sale? I’ve been waiting so long for some GTA sale and now it is, without the only titles I wanted…

godheit 8 May, 2013 @ 2:37 pm   48

@aros2011
-> bit.ly/YET91t :)

SoundableObject 8 May, 2013 @ 2:39 pm   49

By the way Chris, earlier you said that Vice City can be played on the Vita in response to comment 27. This is wrong.

Only the three PSP iterations work on the Vita (Chinatown Wars, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories).

PS2 Classics do not work with the Vita. Unless this has changed in the last few months?

Stonesthrow 8 May, 2013 @ 2:47 pm   50

I wish those ps2 classics were playable on Vita too.. Since they haven’t gotten the HD makeover and there’s no trophy support, you could atleast play it portable for a change. In any case, can’t let this pass, some of the best games ever.
You should start adding the file sizes to this info too.

Load all