Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:00pm

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on PS4 – exclusive video

We’re always trying to push the envelope with the Assassin’s Creed series, but with Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, we have brand new, extraordinarily advanced technology to help us accomplish our lofty goals.

The PlayStation 4 is enabling our teams to deliver more graphical detail, a new dimension of social connection and the kind of seamless gaming experience we’ve always dreamed of offering.

Join Creative Director Jean Guesdon and Associate Producer Sylvain Trottier as they discuss just a few of the advancements we’ve been able to harness with AC4 on the PS4.

It’s a new generation of gaming on the PlayStation 4, and the AC4 team is dedicated to busting out with a game that will push these new boundaries beyond anything fans have seen before!

Join us under the Black Flag of Assassin’s Creed IV!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

13 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
dimiseva 9 May, 2013 @ 5:16 pm   1

cant wait….Sony seems to have done a great job thinking as a gamer and not only as profit-seeking-company. Glorious days of ps1-ps2 are close to come…

ficklemark 9 May, 2013 @ 5:22 pm   2

very excited, although watching this without sound I was a little freaked out by the russian dolls – is that the new ps4 intro/logo?

BiGsMoO7ke 9 May, 2013 @ 6:05 pm   3

ummmmm cross-buy anyone :)

dark_angel69 9 May, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   4

This looks great. Cant wait for it. Never heard any news about a new Vita game. Is there one coming out this year? If yes would it be related to this one?

Lucreto 9 May, 2013 @ 6:33 pm   5

I am certainly getting this on PS4 also Watch Dogs.

I just have to order the PS4 versions of the collector editions for both when they are available for pre-order.

Voodoo341 9 May, 2013 @ 6:36 pm   6

Ermm slightly disappointed by the graphics. They could pass for PS3 shots.

Artemisthemp 9 May, 2013 @ 6:42 pm   7

PS4 version of AC4 have been pre order since March 27, 2013 and Watch Dogs for PS4 will be as soon as they is available

ayrikvadi 9 May, 2013 @ 6:54 pm   8

granturismo6

ayrikvadi 9 May, 2013 @ 7:03 pm   9

nurburgring gold pist

ShadowDoGGG 9 May, 2013 @ 7:08 pm   10

For shame Ubisoft frying the creator of AC and just escorting him out. I hope he sues you for millions.

Cared13 9 May, 2013 @ 9:49 pm   11

After the huge dissapointment of AC3, I don’t think I will buy the collector’s edition on day 1. When they stop making AC games more and more stupid, improve the gameplay, then I will be interested in this franchise again. I made in my mind a list of what I would like to see
1. improved line of sight method [much larger covered map discovered on foot] or you could just buy a map at greater cost. So you don’t have to do the boring traveling at the edges then the whole map to know you discovered everything
2. Bring back the armor method (repairing, buying, CUSTOMIZING etc.)
3. No more regenerating health, because that makes the fighting really boring
4. Make the fighting system more engaging, harder (or put difficulties in the game), so every time I got into a fight, I will have to think what the next step will be -> stealth in favour. The best fighting & stealth system was in Arkham City, a little copy here, a little copy there won’t hurt as long as it’s unique.
5. Copy the Trading system from the Pirates of the Caribbean game (and a lot of things),it was the best pirate game ever.

Cared13 9 May, 2013 @ 9:49 pm   12

6. Have at least 1 Den, which you can customize, at least like in the Saints Row series.
7. Hunting xp points, with leveling up and rewards along the way (new traps, more silenced arrows etc.
(Personal opinion)8. I really liked the Desmond story line until brotherhood, after that it sucked. [Bring lucy back somehow]

And that is just the tip of the iceberg of thoughts about the ac franchise, how it could be saved. To me, and and to a lot of other people ac3 was really dissapointing.
Summary: I could write more, but I’m tired. Btw: the ps4 version looks awesome, hope it will be good, probably will buy it (used or new: time will tell…)

Stonesthrow 10 May, 2013 @ 3:34 pm   13

Doesn’t look as good as an actual ps4 exclusive but that was to be expected from a multiplatformer. The animations are still amazing and I’ll be picking this up on ps4.