Posted 4:00pm

PlayStation Store PAL charts, April 2013

PS-Store

Time again to look back at the previous month’s movers and shakers on PlayStation Store….

Full PS3 game downloads:

Hitman Trilogy HD had a great month, courtesy of a big discount, while Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time held up well in third. New entries included Trion Worlds‘ ambitious online shooter Defiance at six and fighter Injustice: Gods Among Us at number ten.

1. Hitman Trilogy HD (RE)
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (RE)
  3. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (8)
  4. Darksiders II (2)
  5. Crysis 2 (RE)
  6. Defiance (New)
  7. BioShock Infinite (4)
  8. Grand Theft Auto IV (6)
  9. Hitman Absolution (RE)
  10. Injustice: Gods Among Us (New)

PSN games:

There could be only one winner this month – Drinkbox Studios‘ marvellous platformer Guacamelee! It was the only new entry in the top ten, with the chart largely dominated by evergreen favourites such as Journey, Tony Hawk and The Walking Dead.

1. Guacamelee! (New)
  2. Journey (2)
  3. Hitman: Blood Money HD (RE)
  4. Crysis (RE)
  5. The Walking Dead – Season Pass (1)
  6. Metal Slug 2 (RE)
  7. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD (9)
  8. Urban Trial Freestyle (4)
  9. Mass Effect (5)
  10. AMY (8)

PS Vita games:

Guacamelee! also took the top spot on the PS Vita chart, and actually outsold the PS3 version by a significant margin. Soul Sacrifice debuted at number five, though was only on sale for one day of the month, with Draw Slasher entering at nine.

1. Guacamelee! (New)
  2. Urban Trial Freestyle (1)
  3. Sound Shapes (RE)
  4. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (6)
  5. Soul Sacrifice (New)
  6. Table Mini Golf (New)
  7. Ragnarok Odyssey (2)
  8. Doodle God (10)
  9. Draw Slasher (New)
  10. Persona 4 Golden (3)

PS one and PS2 Classics:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas showed no sign of relinquishing its grip on the top spot, with the usual suspects lining up below.

1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (1)
  2. Crash Bandicoot (2)
  3. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (4)
  4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (5)
  5. CTR: Crash Team Racing (6)
  6. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (7)
  7. Final Fantasy VII (8)
  8. GTA: Vice City Stories (New)
  9. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (3)
  10. Final Fantasy VIII (10)

By way of comparison, head over to the US PlayStation Blog to find out what’s selling across the pond.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

41 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

supersmith2500 9 May, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   1

What about PSP and Mini charts and when are you going to reveal the winners from last week’s debate Fred?

Fred Dutton 9 May, 2013 @ 4:31 pm

Sorry SS25K, frantic week. I’m going to announce the WD winners tomorrow as part of this week’s debate. Humble apologies ;)

PSP and mini charts – no promises, but I’ll look to add them if possible.

Artemisthemp 9 May, 2013 @ 4:20 pm   2

PSP is Dead.
Viva la Vita

Nightmare966 9 May, 2013 @ 4:22 pm   3

Well, that Hitman Trilogy was a steal, literally. I did not intend to get those games, but bought them at almost last minute. No regrets, three of the best games I’ve ever played.

Nice to see Sly Cooper is doing so, so well. It’s the last game I’m missing from this year’s purchase, so let’s hope I can get it soon. It’s also surprising given the tremendous file size.

Question, the Cross-buy sales are not counted towards Vita games, I guess?

AaronSOLDIER 9 May, 2013 @ 4:31 pm   4

Will we get GTA1 and 2 like the US will be getting?

toxic-inferno 9 May, 2013 @ 4:52 pm   5

Good to see the Walking Dead up there in the charts still. I’d like to think that I helped put it there, but I didn’t buy the season pass; just the individual episodes. Can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get into the game actually.
I’ve never read/watched the Walking Dead, but as a big fan of ‘Fables’, I’m thoroughly looking forward to Telltale’s The Wolf Among Us, and decided I had to give TWD a look in anticipation.

tiago_c 9 May, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   6

Is Skullgirls gonna get a discount any time soon?

Rochala 9 May, 2013 @ 5:07 pm   7

Hey Fres, we havent seen any new ps1 game on the store, have you stopped them or not? They are many great game out there .

PS. Can i suggest Azure Dreams and brave fencer mushashi ?

Fred Dutton 9 May, 2013 @ 5:28 pm

No, we certainly haven’t stopped releasing them – you may well see more in future, though there’s nothing I can announce today.

belmont_gr 9 May, 2013 @ 5:23 pm   8

Hi Fred,

Have you or any other from the friends in Store Team asked Square to release some of its games in the store like Crisis Core or Xenogears?

Fans have asked but they seem to ignore us when it comes to the release of new games…

Fred Dutton 9 May, 2013 @ 5:29 pm

I’m certain Square are very aware of the enthusiasm out there for their games. I’m afraid I can’t comment on their release plans though!

DANJOEL 9 May, 2013 @ 5:28 pm   9

Hey fred, any chance we’ll be getting injustice gods among us as part of the IGC anytime soon? Scared to buy it! :P

crusher915 9 May, 2013 @ 5:40 pm   10

so does valve not want to compete with the PS Store or is there any chance we can get Portal 2 on the store?

theskillzy 9 May, 2013 @ 5:42 pm   11

fred … weekend debate? lol

theskillzy 9 May, 2013 @ 5:44 pm   12

ahh nvm i didnt read top comment

carrot1401 9 May, 2013 @ 6:49 pm   13

When will you be advertising the PSM charts like your american counterparts? Don’t forget us lot!

JediFish_2012 9 May, 2013 @ 6:49 pm   14

I would have gotten Injustice this month but i’m not paying €60 for it! I could go out and but it for €50, or get it online for cheaper. Lower your RRP Sony!

DiscworldDeath 9 May, 2013 @ 7:19 pm   15

Fred, not exactly your issue but the Knights and Witches sale thread seems to be slowing down and I would like to increase my chances of a reply.

The rest of Europe gets 48% discount on ICO & SotC Collection, (45% for UK) – Israel gets only a 32% discount. Could this be looked into?

dark_angel69 9 May, 2013 @ 7:59 pm   16

Soul Sacrifice was just released last Friday which happens to be May. Why is it in an April post? Also would have thought it made it to number one but then again it’s only been just under a week.

With these new sales being on I would say Ni No Kuni would have to be number one next month. I couldn’t resist getting it. lol

Fred Dutton 10 May, 2013 @ 1:05 pm

It was in fact released in France on April 30th (everywhere else in EU on 1st/2nd May) – making its chart appearance all the more impressive!

Wild--Waller 9 May, 2013 @ 9:13 pm   17

No Black Rock Shooter in top 10, I feel so sad

fauxtronic 9 May, 2013 @ 10:49 pm   18

What a shame no Infamous in there.

I bet all Infamous titles would top the May monthly chart if you reduced the price like SCEA did in their Spring Sale.

*hint* *hint*

SwingerE11 9 May, 2013 @ 11:09 pm   19

I would probably get Hitman HD collection if it comes out for Vita.

alimik95 9 May, 2013 @ 11:56 pm   20

Dino Crisis anyone?

skells22 10 May, 2013 @ 7:16 am   21

or a ratchet and clank q force vita update would be nice. why are you taking so long to give info out to us on this gane?

Fred Dutton 10 May, 2013 @ 1:02 pm

We can only give you a date when it’s 100% confirmed and currently it’s not 100% confirmed. We will have an update very soon though, hopefully in the next week or so. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Redeemer508 10 May, 2013 @ 9:42 am   22

A confirmed release date for Q-Force for vita and Ratchet Gladiator/Deadlocked would be fantastic

mh637099 10 May, 2013 @ 10:54 am   23

What happened to all the collections?

szczudel 10 May, 2013 @ 11:57 am   24

Hello I do have a question about PSX classic.

We all know how big are financial problems of Square Enix. So would it not be good for them to release US classics like Xeanogears or Chrono cross? Have you in PS blog team tried to contact SE in this matter? Are there any reasons it is not possible? I am dying to try Chrono cross on my Vita.

Maybe i have missed discussion about this if so – please point me there.

Fred Dutton 10 May, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

Sorry, these decisions lay with Square-Enix, not Sony. There’s not much more I can say :(

FghtOffUrDemons 10 May, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   25

Speaking of PSone games,
Any chance we can get imports of
Parasite Eve
Legend Of Dragoon
Chrono Cross
Dino Crisis 2?
Any possibility of any of those?

Thanks.

Golwar 10 May, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   26

Two thumbs up for the sales we have seen since April. Some really good stuff there. If we’d see more Vita sales and equal (aka fair) discounts for UK AND the rest of Europe too, I’d pretty much would be all around happy.

Walking Dead, Driver SF, Sound Shapes and now Ni No Kuni. And I didn’t even manage to play any of those yet! :)

JediKnight246 10 May, 2013 @ 1:18 pm   27

Nice to see Mass Effect 1 still in the charts, I’m glad Bioware brought it over to the PS3. :)

Golwar 10 May, 2013 @ 1:22 pm   28

@szczudel
I have asked Square Enix some dozens times about those missing PS1 classics. The only answer that I ever received was when that SE guy presented Kingdom Hearts HD here on this blog.

Here: http://bit.ly/ZTAei7

It’s pretty much summarized by that he has no clue either. Makes one wonder who could know the answer. Or why those who are responsible for PR don’t simply ask those who might have answers. Mayhaps we didn’t bother them enough yet with the question. ;)

fauxtronic 10 May, 2013 @ 1:58 pm   29

…aaaaaand, I finally give up asking.

odiumz 10 May, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   30

Ahem, dear Sony…I went to the au store as I am in au. I went games, PS3 Games, All PS3 Games, then filter, game type, PS3tm Full Games, filter price to low to high. I bought Demon’s Souls, I also bought Sine Mora. I presumed Sine Mora was a PS3 game but I was wrong. Unless I’ve missed something, it seems to be a title for the PS Vita?
Can you send me a PS Vita so I may play this title, thanks in advance or could you please refund my credit as I believe I may have been misguided by your very own system.

ipot_04 10 May, 2013 @ 2:29 pm   31

i’m kinda surprised that Soul Sacrifice was not on the Top 5.

odiumz 10 May, 2013 @ 2:34 pm   32

ahem, dear Sony, I would like to apologize for my earlier comment as I did not further explore the page from when I downloaded the game Sine Mora. It seems there are 2 versions, one at 675mb and another, which I did not see until now, at 902mb. So it seems the PS Vita version is the smaller file and with the red cover while the PS3 vers. is the yellow cover at 902mb.

Still, I wouldn’t mind a PS Vita, peace out!

TINTINTB303 10 May, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   33

@i_pot04

I take it you didn’t read the sentence which may explain why Soul Sacrifice is/was only at number 5…?

Soul Sacrifice debuted at number five, though was only on sale for one day of the month.

;-)

Stonesthrow 10 May, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   34

A lot of old games. Guess the sales had an effect. Reminds me to pick up the ps2 GTA’s.

residentSteve 10 May, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   35

I thought there was ment to be some big announcements this week must of missed them.

szczudel 10 May, 2013 @ 6:47 pm   36

Thank you Fred for your reply. Now i know all i can do is wait for SE to make a move.
First I thought that SE does not want to pay for PEGI ratings etc – but if guys decided to release US PSX games as Arc the lad – and they could afford it then it must not be such a big cost after all. Let’s all believe that SE will do it :)

Anyway – you guys are doing extraordinary work in EU blog. Thanks for that.

drfunkenstein76 11 May, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   37

When are you going to add ‘Tony Hawks 1 and Gran Turismo on the PSone Classics

supersmith2500 11 May, 2013 @ 3:36 pm   38

@drfunkenstein76:
Because of licensing issues. Very unlikely.

big_hal 15 May, 2013 @ 9:07 am   39

Will there be any more SNK NEOGEO Station games on PSN? I would love Blazing Star and Pulstar plus all the rest of Samurai Showdown games.

Carnivius_Prime 15 May, 2013 @ 9:37 am   40

@39
yeah I’d love Blazing Star. Also Last Resort, Windjammers, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Last Blade 2, Waku Waku 7 and probably some others I can’t recall at present.

big_hal 15 May, 2013 @ 5:47 pm   41

@40 yep me too. All titles you mentioned would be instant buys.