Posted 10:01am

The PlayStation Blog recap

PlayStation.Blog Recap

It’s been a furiously busy week on planet PlayStation, so we’ve plenty of catch-up reading for you today! We had new game announcements aplenty (CounterSpy, Doki-Doki Universe and Hohokum), special edition first-looks (BEYOND: Two Souls and Tearaway) two big sales (GTA and ‘Knights & Witches’) and fresh insight into two massive PS4 titles (Watch_Dogs and Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag).

Not only that, but we also let the cat out of the bag early on two fantastic titles coming to PS Plus in June – Demon’s Souls and ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD. We’ll unveil the full line-up very shortly.

As for next week… well, our ‘15 years of Gran Turismo‘ event on Wednesday should prove an exciting focus, but we’ll have plenty of other things to talk about too. See you back here on Monday…

Playstation EU

• Weekend essentials – Sine Mora, the Grand Theft Auto series and super-powered Injustice: Gods
    Among Us add-ons join our pick of the latest games on PS3, PS Vita and PlayStation Store.
  • 10 of the best: game add-ons – Hand-picked by eu.playstation.com, download these add-ons from our online store to take your games even further.
  • Game on – Get your week off to a flying start with more PS4 info, plus take a trip to Los Santos with GTA V.
  • 15 years of Gran Turismo – 2013 marks the 15th anniversary of Gran Turismo on PlayStation – and to celebrate, we’re going for a spin through the prestigious history of the Real Driving Simulator.
  • Gran Turismo: 15th Anniversary – Celebrate 15 years of Gran Turismo and discover exciting announcements about the acclaimed racing game series.

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

51 Comments 18 Author replies
Show oldest first

monoliet 12 May, 2013 @ 10:12 am   1

hi fred , i hope u have good weekend .
i have 2 questions

1 = 15/05/´13 = Euro terraria lounch?
2 = ArcaniA: The Complete Tale also on psn on 31/05/´13 ?

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 9:26 am

1. Correct
    2. I’m not sure about that one – I’ll have to investigate

Voodoo341 12 May, 2013 @ 10:44 am   2

Interesting that the subject of ‘great’ additions to PS+ in June has been brought up. My subscription finishes in a few weeks and I’ll not be renewing it. I didn’t expect all the additions to the IGC to suit me but I expected a lot better PS+ discounts. Very, very poor all year. Games like Dragon Blood are cheaper on XBL without any discount than they are on EU PSN with a PS+ discount. £9.59 on PS+ compared to about £7.99 on XBL. Terraria is released next week. £11.99 with a 10% discount making it £10.80. It’s been out for two months on XBL for less that £10.

PIREDERAS 12 May, 2013 @ 10:54 am   3

Fred, when will we receive news about Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD?

Also, are there any new PS Vita games on the horizon?

Finally, there is a lack of meaningful PS4 news (for example, what else it does, apart from gaming). Is it because SCEE wait to see what Microsoft has to say first?

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 9:29 am

FFX – I’m sure Square Enix will have some more news soon
    Vita games – Absolutely. We announced three new titles last week (see above), and there are plenty more reveals coming
    PS4 – E3 is in less than a month…

Another good week;) Keep it up SONY + Can’t wait for the ’15 years of Gran Turismo’ event on Wednesday:P

Basket21 12 May, 2013 @ 11:29 am   5

Hey fred ..

me again (3rd week in a row)

I think im just gonna stop asking u for the trailer for beyond. Tried it 2 times and both times u said “oh yea im working on that coming asap”

And still nothing.

Well done

toxic-inferno 12 May, 2013 @ 11:29 am   6

Hi Fred,

Sorry to keep nagging you about it, but any news on the PS3 copies of Sly Cooper from the Weekend Debate on the 12th April?

Thanks!

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 9:30 am

I chased these about 10 minutes ago actually. Hopefully I’ll have good news later today. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 10:52 am

Right, I have a physical copy with your name on sitting on my desk! We’ll be in touch today to arrange delivery.

residentSteve 12 May, 2013 @ 11:37 am   7

I thought there was ment to be some big announcements this week what happened to them?

@PIREDERAS

Square Enix will be here when they are ready to show it. It is not up to Sony to announce it.

E3 is a month away expect a few Vita games then.

There has been constant news on PS4. Small nuggets to keep the hype up. There was 2 stories this week about PS4 versions of games so there is plenty of information.

Sony’s focus so far is about the games which is reminiscent of the PS1 and PS2 days. The Xbox is going for the media hub approach and that will be a focus for Microsoft. But I am sure Sony will have Netflix and the like. As I said E3 is a month away.

@residentSteve

Fred said some “intriguing game announcements planned” we got them with CounterSpy, Doki-Doki Universe and Hohokum.

We have Gran Turismo 6 announcement this Wednesday now that is a big announcement.

Podyman 12 May, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   10

Hi Fred,
in one of last blog recaps you wrote that our Singstar complaints “were responded to last year”. Sorry, but i’m trying as hard as i can, but i can’t find anything except Ninas Scherer arrogant entry at http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/10/23/get-ready-for-singstar-on-the-xmb/ …but obviously there isn’t any meaningful answer. Could you please tell me, where i can find official SCEE statement to our complaints? Thank you.

supersmith2500 12 May, 2013 @ 12:24 pm   11

Hope to see some great Vita action-packed titles next week since this month was just PSN shooters. And since we have WAY too many puzzlers recently. Hope to see a puzzle-free line-up I mean I barely see any racing games or even most requested genre RPG’s. Now don’t get me wrong I like puzzlers but it seems there is way too many of them now.

And with June next month. I think Infamous 2, LBP 2 and MotorStorm will be replaced with fresh new games and maybe Gravity Rush and Uncharted too and the Team ICO collection might be one of them since it’s a first party game. Btw, I’ll wait and see for the line-up next week. Hope there’s some great games worth checking out especially on Vita. My Vita is hungry for some nice games, please let it be hope for Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ (unlikely because of Germany) or heck, even DoA5+ since MK had 2 versions on Plus.

Dragomyrr 12 May, 2013 @ 12:39 pm   12

Hi Fred, can you please link to Sony’s official response to the many thousands of (ignored) complaints about Singstar?

Rodia_73 12 May, 2013 @ 1:54 pm   13

A new angle about the Singspam icon.

It should be removed because european anti trust laws: it’s unfair competition to other karaoke games not made by Sony.

The official response for Singstar, oh my.
I don’t get why SCEE did this. Especially when their promise for the new PS4 store is that everything will be tailored to every specific gamers taste. Even going so far that the system downloads games before you bought them. So this whole forcing a Singstar app on your XMB is out of character and does make the PS4 promise very believable.
Anyway I hope we get hearing a bit more about the PS4. The whole info about it is watering down. Maybe tell us something about a service like Plus for PS4 and how the transition is going.

solarwind12 12 May, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   15

Hope everyone’s having a nice weekend, Just want to also inquire about the ‘supposed’ official response, (singstar), I didn’t read Fred’s post mentioning this, but if the guy requesting the info is asking, then he must of.. I have a hunch that what Fred may of been refering to is SONY’S official ‘reasons’ for placing the icon/theme there, not a (non-existable ?) response. ie, we feel it’s what our customers want in their gaming experience, or something similar. But, (yes i Know it’s bad grammar starting new sentence with But or And) if there was actually a official Sony response to the thousands of complaints other than the ‘reason’, then yes please, a link would be nice.
Myself, i object to it but will compromise, please make different musical type themes available for it, free static and a few dynamic for sale ones, surely we don’t all wish to see That present one representing All the (wonderfully) varied music genres ?.

Kandracar 12 May, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   16

Is their any chance of a sale on the modnation racers dlc packs would really like to pick them up but not at current prices this late in the day?

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 9:36 am

We’ve no plans at present that I’m aware of, but we have new sales almost every week, so it could pop up soon. Stay tuned.

DANJOEL 12 May, 2013 @ 4:25 pm   17

Hey fred! Injustice gods among us for IGC anytime soon? :P and i’d like to bring up an issue about the blog app for ios, i’m on an iphone5 can log in easily but whenever i post a comment it never shows up… :( i’ve had to come to the actual website to post comments for the last half year!

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 9:37 am

No plans for Injustice at present – it only came out a few weeks ago! As for the app, we’ll have updates rolling out throughout the year to improve functionality. Your comments should appear a few mintues after you write them on your phone though…

supersmith2500 12 May, 2013 @ 5:11 pm   18

@DANJOEL:
Why Injustice for IGC dude. The game just came out only like a month ago.

Lord_Gremlin 12 May, 2013 @ 5:36 pm   19

I just keep thinking… SCEE is grossly incompetent. I’m not even going to start explaining why, it’s been done to death hundred times over. Missed release dates, missing content (even first party content). With PS4 release approaching I’d love to see some info on you improving your digital ecosystem going forward. Separate stores for each region and promo code databases are one of the reasons it all feels like (CENSORED).
Also, I would really like to finally remove that singstar icon. It’s really starting to annoy me, I’m paying for your PS+ let me delete this malware.

skells22 12 May, 2013 @ 5:55 pm   20

do you know want time Wednesday gt news will bw said about?

Golwar 12 May, 2013 @ 6:32 pm   21

CounterSpy was certainly the most welcome announcement for quite some time. I just hope that they’ll do it right with story and gameplay, the art style already seems great.

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 9:39 am

Agreed, lovely art style. I’m really looking forward to seeing more of this one.

Lighteon258 12 May, 2013 @ 8:53 pm   22

any news bout ratchet and clank q force.

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 9:40 am

Soon! So sorry to keep you waiting. No promises, but hopefully we’ll have an announcement this week.

skells22 12 May, 2013 @ 9:37 pm   23

@21 I think there might be news in a week or so about that, I guessing the vita version

Lucreto 12 May, 2013 @ 11:20 pm   24

Hi Fred,

Will the comic store that was on the PSP return for the Vita?

Project2insanity 13 May, 2013 @ 12:15 am   25

@Podyman, Dragomyrr & solarwind12; Page 23 of the link Podyman listed above. Fred left the official response there, number 1137 (although not actually numbered per se). Since then, there’s been numerous posts saying there’s no further information to pass on.

solarwind12 13 May, 2013 @ 2:27 am   26

re.singstar (non ?) response.
Having read Freds response from 30th October i am not 100% sure that would qualify as the description Podyman is ‘claiming’ Fred wrote. ie ‘your complaints were responded to, last year’, obviously he responded last year, as i just read it, it’s just not imo a stand up response. If that is indeed what Fred was refering to as response to the issue, am certainly not looking to open that particular can o worms, ie can do without being grilled by the pro crew (lol), no i was merely curious, i do have to say though the last paragraph when he acknowledged a lot of people are upset by placement, he assured all, that particular matter was being discussed ‘internally’, so what is the progress of the internal discussions ?.. If it is responded to as Podyman says then why no information confirming internal discussions ended. Or are still ongoing and Podyman has misunderstood Freds response. (one in blog-recap). i just want the two teenagers changed. Surely that’d be a good business and publicity move ?. ie singstar does rock or metal. lol i’d prob even download icon myself, strum my air guitar. (again).

solarwind12 13 May, 2013 @ 2:44 am   27

This is paragraph i mean, though compared to rest of reply it’s small,
‘However, we do value feedback from every PlayStation gamer, and we understand the frustrations that some of you are experiencing with the placement of the SingStar icon on the XMB. Please bear with us while we continue to discuss your concerns internally.’

BenRox64 13 May, 2013 @ 9:38 am   28

Do you think Terraria will defiantly be out on Wednesday here in Australia?

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 9:42 am

Yes, it’s definitely coming out in Australia on Wednesday.

monoliet 13 May, 2013 @ 10:30 am   29

Rodia_73 @ 13
=A new angle about the Singstar icon.
jes the law u mension also in Belgium !!!!!

monoliet 13 May, 2013 @ 10:33 am   30

Rodia_73 @ 13

jes law also in belgium

(why jour comment is awaiting moderation ?)

Hutchfull 13 May, 2013 @ 1:43 pm   31

Fred do you have any updates on guilty gear ac+ for ps3 or vita? Also do you know if metal slug anthology psp will ever get an eu release on the store?

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 2:16 pm

Alas not – neither of those games are published by Sony, so there’s not much I can say I’m afraid.

toxic-inferno 13 May, 2013 @ 1:50 pm   32

Thanks Fred! That’s fantastic! Really looking forward to playing it!

pinkplaybunny 13 May, 2013 @ 2:32 pm   33

Fred

I also find that no comments I post using the iphone app appear. I also have to log onto a pc if i want to be heard!

Fred Dutton 13 May, 2013 @ 2:43 pm

Noted – I am investigating. Hopefully you should see improvements very soon.

Podyman 13 May, 2013 @ 3:41 pm   34

Fred, thank you for answering @10. You know, it isn’t easy to find one answer between 1574 mainly negative posts on 32 pages. But something still bothers me – the last paragraph. We can only guess, what’s result of your internal discussion. I think the result was “Customers, go &*%$ yourself, we did it because we can, we are SCEE, who’s more, we don’t need to ask anybody.”

tom-359-ds 13 May, 2013 @ 4:58 pm   35

That a really bad PR for Singstar and Sony. Half a year later and they are still discussing if the placement of it is a good idea. Just some figures for making decisions: From over 100 player (sony customers) not a single one had a Singstar trophy. Doing some math it is pretty obvious that the vast majority of sony customers isn’t interested in this.

Fred, why don’t go back to your superiors and ask for permission to communicate some facts and why your company doesn’t care about customers. I suppose your job is about communication. Therefore some facts should be essential.

dgnfly 13 May, 2013 @ 6:00 pm   36

@fred

so when is the store ever gonna improve or all the missing content be added.

residentSteve 13 May, 2013 @ 6:20 pm   37

I can also say the ps iPhone app doesn’t work on iPhone or ipad for posting comments, also if it does get updated could you also get them to fix the app so it fits the iphone 5′s larger screen.
Thanks

Project2insanity 14 May, 2013 @ 1:26 am   38

@Podyman & solarwind12; They’d be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to say it’s no longer being discussed so internal discussions are essentially indefinite. The problem with Fred saying anything other than he’ll pass on information if it becomes available is it would generate misleading speculation so the stance remains that he will let us know if anything changes.

TheHerring 14 May, 2013 @ 2:15 am   39

I see you confirmed Terraria release this Wednesday.
I know you probably get it a lot but I can’t seem to find the correct time the Store would update.

All I can find is that it has change from the Thursday to the Wednesday.

Could I get a (as close as possible) time the store will update?
Does it update based on GMT or does AUS update at a different time?

solarwind12 14 May, 2013 @ 2:58 am   40

@ TheHerring
Thursday updates ?, jeaz that was years ago, anyway the store now ‘usually’ updates new or plus content in dribs n drabs, i have downloaded content as early as 10am (GMT), whilst having to wait till late afternoon for other content to find it’s way on to the servers. best guess is you should have that game by 12midnight as most of time all games are available here around 2.00pm (ish), am assuming your not too far away from Melbourne with the midnight guess.. The actual weekly Heads Up blog post has been going out 3pm (GMT), but by then most all new stuff is allready on the store, IF you use the search function that is. it might be one of the better weeks and you may be able to grab it late wednsday night, if not i hope your not waiting too long into thursday.

ten-bucks 14 May, 2013 @ 7:21 am   41

@33 and 35
same for me trying to post via android phone(using galaxy s3 lite) as im usually on the go and spend half my working day on the blog

FBZ1501 14 May, 2013 @ 11:01 am   42

Any news on Netflix for the Vita??

silmorat1 14 May, 2013 @ 11:13 am   43

Guys/Gals you can get Fifa 13 (code) free when you buy 3 months ps+ sub (£11.99) – pretty good huh?

silmorat1 14 May, 2013 @ 11:14 am   44

Sorry from amazon.Co.UK. – my bad

IntenseFAtE98 14 May, 2013 @ 2:03 pm   45

When will India see the video store on PSN? And when will we get Disgaea 3 Absence of detention on PS plus? It’s almost like you are ignoring the Indian store and giving all the good stuff to the Americans. :( but I’m still a Playstation Fan :)

deckvoint 14 May, 2013 @ 2:04 pm   46

Vita always underwhelming. I wonder when we will get big Vita games made especially for Vita, not games made for PS3, PS4, PS5, PS6, Sony TV, Sony Refrigerator, Sony Toaster, PSP, and ultimately Vita, or Indie games people played on PC two years ago being ported to Vita.

toxic-inferno 14 May, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   47

Hey Fred, don’t know whether you’ll read this now, but I didn’t receive a PM yesterday on the forums, (RE: Sly delivery).

Fred Dutton 14 May, 2013 @ 3:41 pm

My colleague in the community team who generally sends these out is on holiday this week. I’m drafting in someone to help out – shouldn’t be long now.

toxic-inferno 14 May, 2013 @ 3:49 pm   48

Ah, no problem. I’m going to make a resolution to stop asking about this now!

Once again, thanks!

toxic-inferno 14 May, 2013 @ 4:23 pm   49

Yeah, I got a message asking for my email address. Is that correct? Will delivery details then be confirmed over email?

Fred Dutton 14 May, 2013 @ 4:40 pm

Eek, breakdown in communications here. Obviously we need your mailing address. I’ll get back to my colleague…

Lighteon258 15 May, 2013 @ 5:33 pm   50

Thanks for replying.
I just saw R&C Qforce in the ps vita store but when i click on it it says no content.

Load all