Posted 11:59am

PlayStation Plus: Your June update

PS-Plus-1024x576

Hi everyone! It’s that time of the month again where we update you on all the new PlayStation Plus content coming your way in June.

As usual there are three new PS3 game and two for PS Vita in the line-up for June, as well as great titles such as Catherine, Thomas Was Alone and Malicious that are already available.

New PlayStation 3 titles
I’m personally very excited about the hero title for next month – EA’s RPG adventure Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

From the genius creative minds of bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning follows the story of a resurrected hero known as the “Fateless One”, who embarks on a quest to discover the secrets behind his own fate. Sounds pretty epic right?

Kingdoms_of_Amalur_Reckoning

Moving swiftly on, if you missed it in the Knights and Witches Sale blog I am very happy to confirm that as of 29th May, Plus subscribers can also download ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD, both developed by our very own Japan Studio.

ICO follows a mysterious boy who has been expelled from his village to an isolated castle. Within his confines, he begins to have strange dreams of rescuing a young princess from the evil spirits that dwell within the fortress…

shadow

In Shadow of the Colossus you will go on a majestic journey through ancient lands to seek out and destroy gigantic mythical beasts. With your trusty horse at your side, explore the spacious lands and unearth each Colossi. Armed with your wits, a sword and a bow, use cunning and strategy to topple each behemoth!

Your final PS3 offering for the month is the dark, dangerous and utterly brilliant action RPG, Demon’s Souls. Set in a fearsome fantasy world, you take control of a hero who has journeyed to the fictional kingdom of Boletaria which is being ravaged by a cursed fog that brings forth demons that feast on the souls of mortals.

New PS Vita titles
First up for PS Vita on 5th June is Rayman Origins from our friends at Ubisoft. This side scrolling platformer is simply one of the best games ever to have graced our PS Vita console so we are extremely excited to bring it to you through Plus.

And last but certainly not least, we are very happy to announce that on 5th June you will also be able to download Coconut Dodge Revitalised, the new HD version of FuturLab’s incredibly addictive mini!

As usual, over the coming weeks you can also expect exclusive additional PS Plus discounts, including 60% off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and 40% off Germinator. Also, make sure you take advantage of the exclusive 20% launch discount off Metro: Last Light starting this Friday! We’ll update you on these offers and more in the weekly Store posts.

In summary
Leaving PS Plus in June:
29th May: Hitman Absolution
29th May: Joe Danger 2
29th May: Dead or Alive 5
5th June: Sine Mora
12th June: Velocity Ultra

Entering PS Plus in June:
29th May: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
29th May: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
29th May: Demon’s Souls
5th June: Rayman Origins
5th June: Coconut Dodge Revitalised

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection all for a one-off payment of just £39.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

332 Comments 25 Author replies
Show oldest first

DiscworldDeath 15 May, 2013 @ 12:01 pm   1

Another great month! Would appreciate some more PSP-era RPGs on the Vita side of things, but the PS3 side of things is amazing this month. Good job.

DiscworldDeath 15 May, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   2

PS, any word on why Israel has 32% discount on the Ico and SotC collection during the sale, unlike about 45-48% for the rest of the European territories?

SGTSTEELFACE 15 May, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   3

Awesome month thanks Ps Plus Team. Got demon souls in December but hey the rest makes up for it. When will you post the yearly update games for june?

So what about the PS+ content that replaces Infamous, Motorstorm,…?

FghtOffUrDemons 15 May, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   5

Brilliant. Looking forward to Kingdoms Of Amalur!

turbogeek421 15 May, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   6

The first PS+ month that I’ve been underwhelmed. That only game I’d be excited for would be Rayman, but I’ve already Platinum’d it :p

No worries, I’ve still got a BIG list of backlog PS+ games to play!

grandediabolik 15 May, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   7

Any chance of a new racing game besides Motorstorm (NFS Most Wanted, Dirt etc.)?

Chris Howe 15 May, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

We’ve tried to secure a few racing titles over the past few months but it has proved quite tricky, it is certainly something that is on our radar though

Silent_Gig 15 May, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   8

Nice picks but i feel a bit disappointed about Coconut Rush..

Coconut Dodge ReVITAlised for FREE? FuturLab are spoiling us good.

Whow!

I’d never expected to see a quality title as Kingdoms of Amalur on top of the already great announced PS3 titles.
Rayman Origins is a brilliant addition too and Coconut Dodge for some Indie love. Couldn’t be mutch better! :)

But, I can barely believe that I’m saying that, as we had some decent amount of RPGs now, might we shift some attention elsewhere too?
Strategy would deserve a little love too. XCOM: Enemy Unknown would imho be a perfect candidate to introduce many console gamers to that genre.

Hrimgrimnir 15 May, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   11

Will there be any discount on the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning DLCs?

Chris Howe 15 May, 2013 @ 1:44 pm

Still working on this, can’t promise anything I’m afraid

Nightmare966 15 May, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   12

OK, so I’m excited for all the games. ALL of them. First month that this ever happens :P

Thanks Chris for the awesome update. I have 2 questions I hope you can answer me!

1- You’re telling me Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will cost 7€!? It’s 29.99€ so a 70% discount is… a steal!

2- Any update on the yearly titles? I thought we’d be rotating them this June.

Thanks again for the awesome work Chris :D

Chris Howe 15 May, 2013 @ 1:47 pm

There will be more details on the discounts next week so look out for a post from Jawad :)

Sorry no update as of yet….it’s coming though!

seldinhio 15 May, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   13

Does PS Plus subscription stack upon the one you already have?

uncleniccius 15 May, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   14

Hey Chris, great month! I only own one of these, and the PS3 content is all meant to be very good.
The US got Spec Ops the line a while back and I’d love to play it, any chance we’ll see it on EU plus?
Thanks!

Chris Howe 15 May, 2013 @ 1:48 pm

Possibly…I wouldn’t like to confirm either way but it is certianly a title we are looking at

Tagged_Deaf 15 May, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   15

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Demon’s Souls for me.

Always appreciate your work to make PS Plus service such a worthy service.

Gamesgbkiller 15 May, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   16

Huge update :)

Always wanted to play KOA:R and Demon Souls.

But is there a chance we see Shinobido on PLUS for VITA ?

Witcher70 15 May, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   17

KoA oh….. THANK YOU !!! how about Sacred 2 next pretty please !

MASPALOMAZ 15 May, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   18

even tho looking forward to play ICO again its a bit dissapointing month again for me :) Looking forward to something new like a racing games sale or discount or PLUS titles in racing ;)

Rochala 15 May, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   19

A big Thank You to the PSN+ team and of course to the guys that let you give away their game. This June will be the best month for me, all three game that I would love to get and even two discounts to grab.

Thanks :)

Samabyte 15 May, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   20

Looking pretty good! Another mature headliner, but I’ve given up hope on getting a 12+ big title to be honest.

Still, glad to get Rayman Origins – the Vita version is the definitive one IMO and I traded in my hard copy a while back so it’ll be nice to revisit!

Any chance of some puzzle or turn based RPG/strategy games for either PS3 or Vita? Seems very action RPG/shooter heavy over the last couple of months… Guess you can’t please everyone though!

And when will we hear about the yearly update?

Keep up the good work. :)

darkdudes_2 15 May, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   21

Do we get a second ps+ update to replace infamous 2, LBP2, Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Motorstorm?^^

CookieMonsterES 15 May, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   22

Congrats, Plus team, objectively speaking, this may be the best Plus month so far. I already own the Team ICO collection and Demon’s Souls but I don’t care, eventually, superb games like these are supposed to be part of a quality service like this.

adamteee 15 May, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   23

Looking forward to having amalur digitally :) get sick of swapping discs these days. Ico collection are the best games out there in my opinion so can’t wait to play them again on my new psn account. Great update as always guys and girls, keep it up, love it!

Xandrilios 15 May, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   24

This just made my day! Awesome games :D

FiresplitterX 15 May, 2013 @ 12:16 pm   25

Good month! Every game on the list is good. Oh god, my gf has wanted to play Shadow of the Colossus for ages. I am afraid I might not get access to my TV for a couple of days :(

Curt1ss1 15 May, 2013 @ 12:16 pm   26

That’s … that’s awesome.

Sony wonder if we want rpg, we, the players, say yes, and they give us demon’s souls and kingdom of amalur…

Duuuuude, i want my social life back !

nooooooo, I just bought ICO and shadow of collosuos in the current discount…..
why you didn’t notify us man???? :(

Chris Howe 15 May, 2013 @ 1:56 pm

we did in the blog post for the Knights and Witches Sale last week

Carnivius_Prime 15 May, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   28

Really disappointing. Don’t like any of the games on offer here.

wraithdub 15 May, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   29

awesome never played dark soals Kingdoms Of Amalur great game would love boardlands 2

TCrookz 15 May, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   30

Brilliant update. PS Plus is well worth it, and it looks like you have listened to the fans and are producing 2 RPG’s out the bag. Thanks again guys.

TINTINTB303 15 May, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   31

@ seldinhio

Yes you can stack as many subs as you want. At the moment I have a one year sub with a 3 month sub stacked on top (it was £7.99 so how could I say no?). :-)

dark_angel69 15 May, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   32

Wow a great month!! Will try out
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Demon’s Souls
Rayman Origins

Already have ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection and it’s the best games out of the lot or so I believe. But will surely try out them 3 and see what they are like. Will have to keep them on hold tho until I finish Ni No Kuni and then will need to get The Last of Us before starting these.

Don’t like the sound of Coconut Dodge Revitalised but a video of it would have been nice to put in the post.

Gamesgbkiller 15 May, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   33

@MDK_M

They said before its going to be on Plus+.

Go check it in last couple of pages.

nalla87 15 May, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   34

@#3 & #4 – Sony won’t be rotating those three games until July. E3 is in June, and that’s when they announced the PS+ overhaul (for the next month), so July is our month where we get 6 games :)

VirusPT 15 May, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   35

Wow, wow…BEST PS PLUS month EVER!

JammieDodgerz 15 May, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   36

Another great month June will be! Thanks guys! ;)

squarebit058 15 May, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   37

Cool stuff! Sadly I just recently bought Kingdoms of Amanlur: Reckoning.. good game, though.

Any chance TES:Oblivion would appear on the IGC?
The game’s a gem and it’s on my to-buy list.

LordBeloved 15 May, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   38

Great games again!

Still haven’t received a free game for the Vita, which i didn’t own already, but can’t complain. I bought a 32GB memory card so I can play them without swapping cards. That right there makes PS Plus worth it to me already!

cosmic_uk 15 May, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   39

In case you’re wondering, Velocity Ultra is available now for free for PS+ members. You have to search for it, it’s not currently listed under the IGC section (will be later I’m sure).

Thank you Sony, as always!! :D

And @MDK_M are you joking?! In the sale post on here, it even said next to the ICO Collection that it was on PS Plus next month. This is nobody’s fault except yours.

MA76_666 15 May, 2013 @ 12:21 pm   41

1-nice update as all new to me for a change :)
2-grid 2 psn pre-order ?
@seldinhio yes but E3 is around the corner and i’m sure a plus promo is in the air …hope so

nalla87 15 May, 2013 @ 12:21 pm   42

@#26 They did inform you that ICO & Shadow of the Colossus would be on sale, in the first paragraph of the Knights & Witches sale blog post.

Huono_peleis 15 May, 2013 @ 12:21 pm   43

So June update in may? Is that accurate?

Chris Howe 15 May, 2013 @ 2:01 pm

Yep it’s just the way the dates work we can’t always do it right at the start of the month

guessing as Kingdoms of Amalur is going to be free then that means we won’t be seeing any of the dlc on sale -_-

already have KOA, Ico and SOTC HD collection

Coconut Dodge may be a brilliant game but after playing the mini game in Canis Canem Edit (Bully) well I’m far too scarred from the experience and plus doesn’t come with xanax so….guess this applies to Demon Souls as well

Rayman Origins is probably what I’m looking forward to the most.

Would like to see discounts on Kingdom of Amalur dlc same for Dragon’s Age 2 dlc

@Gamesgbkiller, It seems that i missed that comment :(
here goes 12$ for nothing…. but the rest of the update is cool anyway…..
this is the last time i buy a game before the PS+ update goes. i couldn’t wait for 2 days :(

Xephon1970 15 May, 2013 @ 12:23 pm   46

Kingdoms of Amalur – awesome! Always wanted to play this. Fantastic, thanks guys. I have most of the others already, but I like the look of the Vita offerings too.

DwopeMunky 15 May, 2013 @ 12:23 pm   47

Thank you guys, this content is insane. I can’t wait to finally try out KOA and Rayman Origins.

VirusPT 15 May, 2013 @ 12:23 pm   48

The Rayman Origins is linked to the PS3 version. Are both PS3 and Vita versions going to be avaiable to PS Plus?

Faustofausto 15 May, 2013 @ 12:24 pm   49

Any news about the replace of inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Motorstorm: Apocalypse?

PAUL_UK-77 15 May, 2013 @ 12:24 pm   50

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

nothing for me this month

Load all